PDA

View Full Version : A "strong" feeling...

hotdogz&boyz
September 22nd, 2012, 11:01 PM
Just wondering how many mamas had a "strong feeling" of a child's gender before finding out...and if it was accurate.

I have read stats that say Mothers Intuition is 70% right, better than any gender predictor out there (since most are just 50-50, all in fun).

I never had a STRONG feeling with either of my other children. I "thought" my first was a boy. And I "thought" my second was a girl. So I stand at 50-50. But neither one was a super-strong feeling of just knowing.

I am only 6 weeks preggo...and I "know" what this baby is. Without a doubt. But I am wondering how many other people had this "knowledge" and were right. Lol.

(FTR: I am not telling which gender I "know" this baby is, so as not to sway how folks answer.)

BeadinMom
September 22nd, 2012, 11:11 PM
I did a Shettles sway with DS3. I just KNEW he was a girl....yeah....not so much. LOL. But I think that was more me relying on the Shettles thing and believing it worked - not really mother's intuition, I guess.

kaseybaby
September 23rd, 2012, 12:28 AM
I knew DS was a boy since the moment I peed on a stick. I was team green and even when I was in the delivery room I said to the nurses and OB, before they even announced he was a boy. It was almost anticlimactic I was so sure. i also had a dream he was a boy, and this might sound strange, but I have many people who can back this up. If I dream about a baby and the gender, it is always the gender I dream of. Always. I have had well over 20 dreams and been right every time.

kaseybaby
September 23rd, 2012, 12:28 AM
Wanted to add I have even dreamt of people I have never even met from other forums I belong to, and been right about them.

bythestream
September 23rd, 2012, 04:30 AM
I knew my first was a boy, we were team green and I didn't even ask when he was born I would have been so shocked if he was a girl. With ds2 I thought he was a girl but only because I did shettles and a bit like beadin mum I was sure it would work.

Mum23boys
September 23rd, 2012, 04:53 AM
With DS1 i knew he was a boy - even if a scan said girl i wouldnt have believed them i was that sure. With ds 2 + 3 ad i never got that feelig they could both have gone either way - of course i expected them both to be boys as we were so desperate for a daughter but i never had that strong feeling like i had with my first

Butterfly Spirit
September 23rd, 2012, 05:43 AM
Mine was strong from the day of my BFP. I wouldn't say my second one was strong though, I just thought DS#2 was a girl..so I was shocked when he wasn't.

Sometimes mother's intuition is right, other times it's just wishful thinking.

Cinss
September 23rd, 2012, 05:22 PM
I cant be sure if i knew or just wished DD was a girl. We found out at our 20 week scan and i wasnt surprised at all. DP had 2 DDs already though so i think that played into my expectation. This time i kind of feel that i have a boy, but again i cant be sure if i know or its just wishing.

Hobbermittens
September 23rd, 2012, 06:00 PM
I was right about DD1 and DS, but wrong about DD2. I am sure this one is a girl (we are team green) but I won't know for sure if I am right until the birth.

Butterfly Spirit
September 24th, 2012, 02:08 AM
I was right about DD1 and DS, but wrong about DD2. I am sure this one is a girl (we are team green) but I won't know for sure if I am right until the birth.

Can't wait, you are almost there!!! ;)

sweetsister
September 24th, 2012, 02:34 AM
Both my boys i thought were girls especially ds2,i never believed the scans until birth(but he is the most boyish boy there ever was) And this one i thought was a boy and its a girl:)

Wanting a daughter
September 24th, 2012, 04:34 AM
I was quite sure ds2 was a girl. Just like sweetsister, he is the most boyish boy you could imagine.

atomic sagebrush
September 24th, 2012, 11:20 AM
I had a strong feeling with DS 1 and DD. But I had the strongest feeling of all that DS 3 was a DD and I was dead wrong on that! With DS 2 and 4 I had no feelings either way.

The Anchor
September 24th, 2012, 03:38 PM
I thought DD was a boy...to the point that I didn't believe the u/s tech at our 18 week u/s and paid for a private one to confirm. I knew DS was a boy right from day one...so I'm only 50/50 on the gut feelings.

Myloves
September 25th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Ds1 is knew deep down he was a boy, but I didn't admit even to myself until he was born.

I had a very strong feeling ds2 was a girl. When I heard it was a boy, well it was the biggest shock of my life - but a good shock, a shock I needed.

With Dd, I didn't want to think I was having either gender. I was scared I would have the same feelings as I did with my second that I tried my best to block out any 'instincts' until her first u/s. Even after I heard the magic words I still didn't truely believe it until I saw her private bits at birth. :P

Jadis
October 30th, 2012, 08:57 PM
With DS1, I knew he was a boy the second I got a BFP. With DS2, I was convinced he was a girl, I just knew it...so wrong! This time, I feel like it's a boy again. Would be nice if I was wrong :)

auroara78
October 31st, 2012, 09:53 AM
With DD, I knew she was a girl once I found out we concieved her. I had a very, very strong feeling before that if I followed thru with my plan to try in Dec, I'd have a DD. After a few weeks, I doubted myself some, but closer to the 20 week scan, I felt very confident I'd hear it's a girl. It wasn't hope--or wishful thinking, I just somehow really knew.

My husband was convinced DS2 was a girl, but I knew from the minute I saw the two lines that he'd be a boy. Everytime I tried to picture a girl when preggo with him, I couldn't--I kept seeing a boy, and I scolded myself for it, telling myself to stop thinking negatively, that it coudl be a girl, that it was 50/50 chance, but I just knew that he was going to be a boy.

DS1 was my only shocker. I didn't really have a feeling, just wishful thinking that he'd be a girl. As a matter of fact for some reason, I never considered he could be anything other than a girl. Not once did I entertain the thought 'well it could be a boy..' so when I heard boy at the scan, I was shocked! I think if I had explored my feelings better, I may have been able to suss it out, but I was preocciped with a lot of things (a health ordeal, getting married, buying a house.)

Also, this is going to sound strange, but once I was pregnant, and everytime I was on this forum, looking at my signature, and glancing over at the two blue bears, all I could visualize was adding a pink bear next to the 2nd blue bear. Everytime I tried to picture adding a 3rd blue bear, I knew it wasn't going to happen--that I'd be adding pink bear instead!

Sugaree
November 1st, 2012, 01:38 PM
I only had a strong feeling the third time and I was right.

This time I do have a feeling one way (girl) but I won't let myself believe it or think about it too much.

Mrs_P
November 1st, 2012, 03:52 PM
ds1 i knew he was a boy right from 10 weeks and i was so sure
ds2 no clues really but didn't see him being a girl
ds3 i knew the second the opk+ face appeared i was pregnant and he was a boy - spent months trying to persuade myself shettles would be right i would get my girl, it had worked by 15 weeks i was so sure i'd hear girl and was gutted when i didn't and cross at myself for letting myself believe it could be when i knew it wasn't - if you know what i mean
this baby - i'm not sure, i can't really see a boy but i don't think i'm mean't to be a girl mom either (although i did have a dream months back i'd get my little girl 3 months after we had our lily (dog - my little girl substitute), we had lily end of june now i'm pregnant....????

Tiggerian
November 1st, 2012, 07:14 PM
Yes and no.

With my DD I knew from the moment the test was positive that it was a girl. There was never a doubt in my mind that it could be anything but a girl.

With DS1 I was convinced it was a girl right until I was 16 weeks pregnant. I was due for a scan there and the night before I dreamt that the tech told me boy. In my dream I absolutely flipped because I was SO not having a boy - next day, sure enough, tech said boy and I didn't flip :giggle:

With DS2 I didn't have any feeling, but I hoped so much I convinced myself it was a girl. Deep down I knew it was a boy though. The tech wasn't sure if it was a boy or a girl at the scan, but I was so sure myself that I bought blue clothes. I had an absolute feeling at bout 15 weeks. I just knew in my heart I was having another boy, even though I kept trying to convince myself it was a girl.

Next time I'm going to try to keep calm. I'm planning on going Team Green, but let's see if I can control my curiosity. We've talked about getting the tech to write it down on a piece of paper in case we change our minds, but I think, with us, thats gonna last until we get out of the hospital!

sbmommy
November 5th, 2012, 06:51 PM
I was dead wrong both times. I KNEW DD#1 was a boy, so much so that I refused to believe the 31-week scan. This time, from the first ultrasound at 9 weeks I knew I was looking at a boy. Even at 19 weeks, when there was no question that there was NO boy parts, I almost fainted when the OB said you definitely have a girl. Mother's intuition failed twice.

luckylass
November 27th, 2012, 06:27 PM
I was wrong on all 3.

Baby no.1 - I was sure was a girl but dh was sure it was a boy. He was right.

Baby no.2 - I was sure was a girl but again dh was sure it was a boy. He was right again.

Baby no.3 - I would have bet my house on it that it was a boy, dh was sure it was a girl. Have had a few scans all confirming that it most definitely a girl.

I am obviously terrible at this so if anyone wants to know what they are having then ask me and it will be the opposite.... Lol

trifecta
November 27th, 2012, 08:08 PM
I had a dream the morning of my big ultrasound and woke up KNOWING DS2 was a boy. In the dream I was at the beach. I was following a pair of sisters who looked like teenage versions of me and my sister. I followed them until I lost them in the boardwalk crowd. When I woke up I knew. I went to tell my husband and I didn't even get to tell him before he said, "You know, I was just thinking when I woke up today that it's probably a boy." So, the paternal intuition was also dead on. When the tech told us he was a boy we both laughed.

I thought DS1 was a girl and of course I was wrong that time so intuition isn't perfect.

Wishful thinking
November 27th, 2012, 08:18 PM
I was absolutely sure DS1 was a girl. So sure that I went out and bought a pink Teddy bear to give "her" when she was born. So wrong! I'd hoped DS2 was a girl, even going as far as to pick out girl names. Had to have an amniocentesis at 15 weeks and found out he was indeed all boy. Amazing how the possibility of there being something wrong with your baby makes you forget that you have a preference. At least for the time being. With DD, I didn't even dare to hope. So much so that I didn't ask what sex she was until a scan at 27 weeks - I had to get one because I was measuring small for dates. I was shocked. I asked the tech if she was absolutely sure to which she replied: "Yes. Doesn't this look familiar to you?!!!"

Tiggerian
November 28th, 2012, 02:35 AM
Forgot I already answered this thread once.. lol >< Nevermind me! Morning brain..

My Three Sons
November 30th, 2012, 09:19 PM
With DS #2 I knew he was going to be a she. That's what happens, right, you have one gender, then the next and then you are done. If you are really adventurous you try for a tie breaker. Well, obviously that didn't happen.

With DS #3 I knew he was going to be a she. I convinced myself that everything about that pregnancy as different than my previous two, so that meant it was a girl. Wrong.

hotdogz&boyz
December 9th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Well, as it turned out....I was WRONG. I swore this baby was a boy, just by my gut. But she is a she. I guess there was some protective mechanism happening and I was thinking boy to adjust to GD early-on. I was shocked when the tech said girl. I asked her ten times to confirm. Everyone around me, however, guessed girl and were not surprised. So yeah, not such a great method of gender prediction :)

Mrs_P
December 9th, 2012, 03:37 PM
I was wrong on all 3.

Baby no.1 - I was sure was a girl but dh was sure it was a boy. He was right.

Baby no.2 - I was sure was a girl but again dh was sure it was a boy. He was right again.

Baby no.3 - I would have bet my house on it that it was a boy, dh was sure it was a girl. Have had a few scans all confirming that it most definitely a girl.

I am obviously terrible at this so if anyone wants to know what they are having then ask me and it will be the opposite.... Lol

Either that or ask your dh something useful like the lottery numbers :wink: sounds like he has a talent!!!!

Pangea
December 9th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Congratulations on your baby girl hotdogz&boyz!

From the moment I got my BFP with DS1 I had a strong feeling he was a boy, but everyone else kept telling me they were sure he was a girl, so I started to doubt myself. I had hyperemesis and my mum kept telling me that two of my aunts were the same and they had girls, so I started to think he would be a girl. I was delighted when I heard boy at the scan, I always wanted my first to be a boy.

With DS2 I thought he was a girl. I kept accidentally referring to him as 'he' though, and I would get annoyed with anyone who pointed that out because I wanted him to be a girl. Maybe subconsciously I knew he was a boy.

Cinss
December 9th, 2012, 04:29 PM
I cant be sure if i knew or just wished DD was a girl. We found out at our 20 week scan and i wasnt surprised at all. DP had 2 DDs already though so i think that played into my expectation. This time i kind of feel that i have a boy, but again i cant be sure if i know or its just wishing.

Just thought id update, well apparently my feelings or wishings was right both times. Go with your gut ladies it really can tell you if you tune into it :)

Mrs_P
December 9th, 2012, 04:32 PM
ds1 i knew he was a boy right from 10 weeks and i was so sure
ds2 no clues really but didn't see him being a girl
ds3 i knew the second the opk+ face appeared i was pregnant and he was a boy - spent months trying to persuade myself shettles would be right i would get my girl, it had worked by 15 weeks i was so sure i'd hear girl and was gutted when i didn't and cross at myself for letting myself believe it could be when i knew it wasn't - if you know what i mean
this baby - i'm not sure, i can't really see a boy but i don't think i'm mean't to be a girl mom either (although i did have a dream months back i'd get my little girl 3 months after we had our lily (dog - my little girl substitute), we had lily end of june now i'm pregnant....????

Boy definitely boy, i have maybe a slight hope at a girl cause of the sway (but its a fools hope at best). The baby is 100% a BOY

You&MePlus3
December 10th, 2012, 12:49 AM
I knew with DS2 it was a boy. I dreamt about him. When I went for the gender scan I asked the tech to keep the gender a secret and put it in an envelope so I could open it with the family. I told him but I do know it's a boy...He said "oh really, have you had a scan already?" I answered no, I just knew. And I was right and not surprised a bit.

Violet_
December 10th, 2012, 01:23 AM
I've been wrong and thought (perhaps just hope) that all my boys were girls and cried at all their ultrasounds. This time, I think it's a boy but still have that ridiculous hope of a daughter. So silly, I'm just setting myself up for more hurt I know but I'm only human too. But will go team green this pregnancy as I need the hope of a daughter all the way to the end and want to try to prevent the depression I get in late pregnancy when my dream is squashed again. I think I'll go on believing or trying to convince myself that this is a boy and that way if it's a girl (unlikely), I will get a nice surprise.