PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Atomic!!! Your Rephresh post, has worked for me and several others!!!

mkarntz1980
February 13th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Thanks sooo much for your rephresh post! Basically IG said that represh would raise your ph. Anyway, I had tried replens several times....first time I used a fingertip, it would lower it a little for a couple hours. Then I used a full applicator and it made my ph shoot up!!! Anyway, I have cheated the last few days diet wise.......I ate so much bad stuff my ph got up to a 5.6, well I used a tube of rephresh and it has been between 4.0-4.5 for the past few days!!!!! Another one of my friends is attempting right now, and its kept her PH down to 4.5, and she tried replens, acijel etc. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

pinksapphire
February 14th, 2011, 09:57 AM
OMG, I only have Replens at home and thought Replens was better at lowering pH than RepHresh (like you said, according to IG). Not that we are TTC'ing yet but I've been working with what I have at home left over from 2009 when we were full-on swaying & thought I'd try the Replens. Where did you find RepHresh? Is RepHresh better or is individual to the person?

Thanks!

atomic sagebrush
February 14th, 2011, 12:45 PM
I'm so glad it worked for you! Keep us updated!!!

atomic sagebrush
February 14th, 2011, 12:48 PM
OMG, I only have Replens at home and thought Replens was better at lowering pH than RepHresh (like you said, according to IG). Not that we are TTC'ing yet but I've been working with what I have at home left over from 2009 when we were full-on swaying & thought I'd try the Replens. Where did you find RepHresh? Is RepHresh better or is individual to the person?

Thanks!

I think you may have already spotted this on the "Complete Guide to Replens and RepHresh" thread but jsut for anyone else who stumbles upon this thread, RepHresh keeps reacting to lower pH for up to three days, whereas Replens starts off at a slightly lower pH but it doesn't keep reacting, so it can get diluted by CM and semen. Both products are designed to be around 4-5 pH. Plus RepHresh has the acetic acid and Replens doesn't.

mkarntz1980
February 14th, 2011, 05:29 PM
While rephresh is keeping ph down, I was looking at IG attempts and it shows that not 1 boy was born using acijel....what do you think?

nuthinbutpink
February 14th, 2011, 07:02 PM
I think you may have already spotted this on the "Complete Guide to Replens and RepHresh" thread but jsut for anyone else who stumbles upon this thread, RepHresh keeps reacting to lower pH for up to three days, whereas Replens starts off at a slightly lower pH but it doesn't keep reacting, so it can get diluted by CM and semen. Both products are designed to be around 4-5 pH. Plus RepHresh has the acetic acid and Replens doesn't.

You rock, A!

crystal-light
February 14th, 2011, 07:27 PM
While rephresh is keeping ph down, I was looking at IG attempts and it shows that not 1 boy was born using acijel....what do you think?
If I remember correctly there was one boy that I know of conceived using acijel. I can't remember her username on IG though, I think may have been M&M and it was within the last year or so. Does anybody remember this?

Another princess
February 14th, 2011, 09:57 PM
If I remember correctly there was one boy that I know of conceived using acijel. I can't remember her username on IG though, I think may have been M&M and it was within the last year or so. Does anybody remember this?
Yes crystal-light M&M did conceive a boy despite using Aci-jel. I was definitely going to use Aci-jel for my sway but now im undecided about RepHresh. I wish there wasnt as many different options available. Ha ha

atomic sagebrush
February 15th, 2011, 09:40 AM

I think that ANYTHING that lowers overall sperm count sways pink but at the same time, if your husband's sperm count is naturally high and you make a lot of CM, those things can counteract anything, even Acijel. There IS no magic bullet, I wish there was though!

atomic sagebrush
February 15th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Yes crystal-light M&M did conceive a boy despite using Aci-jel. I was definitely going to use Aci-jel for my sway but now im undecided about RepHresh. I wish there wasnt as many different options available. Ha ha

I know, right?? I almost wish there was just one option for everything but of course in life, never seems to work that way!

babydust
February 15th, 2011, 06:57 PM
wow, that's great! Have you tested Rephresh around O time or is this just at the end or beginning of your cycle? So glad it worked for you :). Rephresh might be the "answer" for the girls who are doing cut off.

mkarntz1980
February 16th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Nope havent tested around O time yet....im waiting for AF, I will try it around O time as my PH seems to get pretty high

Sunset
February 17th, 2011, 04:50 AM
I'm gonna try it around O time this month too and see what it does to my ph and if it keeps it down I'll be doing a cut off next month!

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2011, 11:18 AM
I'm gonna try it around O time this month too and see what it does to my ph and if it keeps it down I'll be doing a cut off next month!
Give it a few tries to work because I think when you try something for the first few times, your body may see it as an "invader" and make a lot of mucus trying to wash it away.

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Nope havent tested around O time yet....im waiting for AF, I will try it around O time as my PH seems to get pretty high
Keep in mind that this is NORMAL though. Everyone's pH rises at ovulation, people who conceive boys and girls alike!

crystal-light
February 19th, 2011, 12:17 AM
In a couple of months I'm going to do some experimenting w/ Rephresh. I'll keep you all posted :)

babydust
February 20th, 2011, 01:04 PM
so how long before you dtd should you use the 1/2 application of rephresh? I was thinking mabye 1 hour before cut off attempt? And then after the cut off attempt, what are you supposed to use to lower pH if needed...finger rephresh or do another 1/2 application of rephresh maybe? Seems like an awesome addition to a cut off and it's great if you don't want to use lime douche, which many don't. Just curious how to actually put it into practice and how often and how much to use of it.

mkarntz1980
February 20th, 2011, 03:50 PM
good questions babydust, i would like to know to

atomic sagebrush
February 21st, 2011, 10:20 AM
so how long before you dtd should you use the 1/2 application of rephresh? I was thinking mabye 1 hour before cut off attempt? And then after the cut off attempt, what are you supposed to use to lower pH if needed...finger rephresh or do another 1/2 application of rephresh maybe? Seems like an awesome addition to a cut off and it's great if you don't want to use lime douche, which many don't. Just curious how to actually put it into practice and how often and how much to use of it.

Do the 1/2 applicator of RepHresh in the morning before your attempt. At least 4 hours in advance. Remember, we WANT to get pregnant, we have no chance at our DG if we kill off all sperm. If you want to cut it closer than that, use even less.

The RepHresh will keep working for the three day cutoff. I wouldn't do anything else past that point, just trust the RepHresh to work. It is designed to keep that pH at 4-5. If you add more you run the risk of killing off all the sperm - more is not better. Also, remember everyone not to succumb to temptation and shoot some Replens/Acijel in there if you test pH and find it's a little higher than you want, because it will just react with the RepHresh and REALLY raise pH!

If you test pH after DTD and find it is a little high, that's ok with a cutoff because the sperm won't even leave the cervix until the egg arrives. Remember you need to give the RepHresh time to work anyway, and it will keep reacting with the semen and pH to keep the pH between 4-5.

Another princess
February 22nd, 2011, 12:25 AM
Atomic, the repHresh i was looking at in a store the other day didnt include the ingredient Acetic acid. Is there another name for acetic acid? or is there different types of repHresh? Thanks

atomic sagebrush
February 22nd, 2011, 10:00 AM
NO, apparently I was given a bit of misinformation on another site...obviously I should have double checked but I'm just one person and I can't run down every detail to doublecheck unfortunately. Thank you for letting me know, I edited my essay.

I STILL 100% believe RepHresh is best at keeping pH low for cutoff timing and I have never ever thought that there is anything "magic" about acetic acid. I hope this doesn't put people off of using RepHresh because acetic acid or no, it IS designed specifically to lower the pH of everything it reacts with to 4-5.

babydust
February 22nd, 2011, 03:11 PM
perfect, thanks atomic for explaining!

Another princess
February 23rd, 2011, 12:23 AM
perfect, thanks atomic for explaining!

Agree

atomic sagebrush
February 23rd, 2011, 11:35 AM
Oh, and I did also want to point out one more thing I was thinking about last night - ALL lubes sway pink except for Pre-Seed, because they are hostile to sperm. Even human saliva kills sperm! Any lube you pick will help with your pink sway, even KY jelly. So if you don't like or trust RepHresh, if you think in your gut it won't work for you, that's ok. You can use Astroglide, Sylk, Acijel...whatever feels right to you and puts your mind at ease, because I really do believe that stressing over swaying sways blue a hell of a lot more than the difference between Replens and Acijel ever could. ;)

Emery
March 27th, 2011, 03:34 PM
I just started using rephresh this cycle. I usually get a + opk on cd 17. Im due a fresh tube of rephresh on cd 15. Cani use Sylk as a lube and then rephresh on cd 18?

twosweetlads
March 28th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Hi I tried refresh!

Im not at my attempt yet but nearly as my cue 11 showeda high so should be ov in about six days.
Anyway I used a full applicator in the morning and bd that night. 20 mins after bd my ph was 4.8! I didn't check until the morning but then it 4.8 again! Also I used a lube (which doesn't sway it is a lotion which has a ph of 6 from my gynae-I was away so had no choice!

I used the rephresh as I was on hols and swimming and didn't want to be bothered with using aci jel all the time.

Im now going to stick to the aci-jel and sylke as Im not sure whether to use refresh. Can you use both? It seemed ok with the other lube I used and I want to use aci jel and sylke.

Thanks x

atomic sagebrush
March 28th, 2011, 03:26 PM
2SL, thanks for sharing your experience! That is really good info!

Acijel and Sylk are fine together. RepHresh is ~probably~ ok with them, but since their pH is on the low side I worry the RepHresh pH may rise as a result. I just want to really test them all out to make sure before I give anyone the ok to use them together, they are just so darn expensive I have to sneak them in here and there without DH asking me why I spent $300 on sex jelly when we hardly ever DTD! o.O

The RepHresh will react with the higher pH of the lube and lower it anyway - it's just things with low pH that make me nervous.

atomic sagebrush
March 28th, 2011, 03:26 PM
I just started using rephresh this cycle. I usually get a + opk on cd 17. Im due a fresh tube of rephresh on cd 15. Cani use Sylk as a lube and then rephresh on cd 18?

Yes, I think that should be fine. Do double check just to make sure pH is ok.

Id_Love_Pink
May 3rd, 2011, 04:23 PM

There was also one of the UK ladies who used acijel and had a boy