PDA

View Full Version : Well, it must be so, right?!

1pinkwish
February 14th, 2011, 10:27 AM
So far during this pregnancy, I really haven't had too many people trying to guess the gender of the baby. I'm glad about that, cause with my others it seemed like from the minute I found out, people were already telling me that it was definitely a boy. (and of course, they were always right!)

Anyway, yesterday, I'm minding my own business at the grocery store, and the teenage clerk pipes up, "Your baby is a boy, isn't it?!"

And I replied, "I don't know. We're waiting till the delivery, and I've only got about 3 more weeks till I get to find out!"

Then she replies, "Well, I KNOW it's a boy!! That's a boy belly. It's all low and in the front, and that's just like how my sister is carrying and SHE'S having a boy!"

I just said, "We'll see soon enough!"

I didn't even bother to say, "Well, if it is a boy, it will make my FOURTH!!"

Yeah, I wish people wouldn't comment about the gender at all. I can't help how my belly looks, and if it looks like "boy belly". I've never been preggo with a girl before, so I don't know what my belly would look like in that case. But, it just frustrates me when people say stuff like this. I just want to reply, "Why? Is there penis stick out?!" UGH!!

nuthinbutpink
February 14th, 2011, 04:11 PM
I had a lady at the check out counter at a store argue with me when she said it was a boy and I told her that in fact it was a girl and we knew it was a girl. She asked if I was sure because it didn't look like it to her!

1pinkwish
February 14th, 2011, 04:46 PM
UGH!! I don't know which case is worse! I swear, some people act like they know everything! This is why people shouldn't comment on the gender at all. It's just ridiculous to think you would be able to tell what it is just by looking at the belly!

Gus
February 14th, 2011, 04:47 PM
I was told girl with all 4 of my boy pregnancies. One aunt was DEAD SURE each time it was a girl.

Tweens&aBaby
February 14th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Up until I delivered Madison I would have random old ladies tell me they were sure I was having a boy, never wrong and that my ultrasounds were wrong. (I worked in customer service). Don't let them get to you ♥

LolaInLove
February 16th, 2011, 09:51 AM
What is it with grocery clerks? The worst comment I ever got was from one...although it wasn't a gender comment. As I am carrying my 3 month old DD1 in her carrier, the clerk says "Wow, are you having another one already?" I replied, "No, I'm just still fat from this one," and gave her an eat shit look. And my post-baby belly wasn't even that bad! Some people just feel the need to make comments, whether they are thought through or not.

1pinkwish
February 16th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Oh my goodness, Lola! I'm so sorry!! When will people learn to keep their mouths shut!!

Thanks everyone else for proving that just cause the "belly" looks a certain way, doesn't really mean anything. I know it in my head, but comments like this always get to me!

LolaInLove
February 16th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Oh, I forgot to even make my gender-belly-related comment as I got so worked up thinking about idiot grocery clerks! With both of my girls, I had a huge "boy" belly and people used to always say "That's a boy!" which annoyed me to no end. So, I think it's a big fat OWT.

Yuzu
February 16th, 2011, 05:56 PM
What is it with grocery clerks? The worst comment I ever got was from one...although it wasn't a gender comment. As I am carrying my 3 month old DD1 in her carrier, the clerk says "Wow, are you having another one already?" I replied, "No, I'm just still fat from this one," and gave her an eat shit look. And my post-baby belly wasn't even that bad! Some people just feel the need to make comments, whether they are thought through or not.

I'm with you; what is it with grocery clerks? I was just at the store with my three month old and the clerk said, "Oh, it's so nice for you to take out your grandbaby." I could have slapped her silly.

1pinkwish
February 17th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Oh my goodness, Yuzu!! I'm so sorry there are so many stupid people out there!!!

LolaInLove
February 17th, 2011, 01:05 PM
OMG, that is a ridiculously moronic thing to say! I'm so sorry!!! By the way, I used to be a NOLA girl. Hope you all are doing well....must be packing up there for the Gras.

Yuzu
February 20th, 2011, 01:00 AM
NOLA misses you! I am so ready for Mardi Gras this year.

iluvmybigfamily
April 16th, 2011, 01:14 PM
people never fail to astound me with their stupid comments, When I was 6 months pregnant with my 2nd a woman came in to my work and asked how long I had left. She then turned to the girl next to me who was just back from maternity leave (and was quite a big girl any way) and asked her when she was due. I felt so bad for the poor girl! I'm forever getting oh I bet you hope this is a girl and oh 5 you must have your hands full, how do you cope etc!! I also had a bloke when I was pregnant before come up and put his hand on my belly and said ohh a boy how lovely seriously who the heck are you, if you walked up to a non pregnant woman and did that you'd be arrested!!

Flava
April 16th, 2011, 01:26 PM
I think they are just stupid really.Of course you belly looks low and front you only have 3 weeks left. Duhhh!
And if Im not pregnant and some1 ask me how far along Im or so I would tell them oh Im not pregnant but YOU must be for sure! So how far are you? yepp that would shut them up.

TexasMommy
April 18th, 2011, 08:42 AM
When I was pregnant with DD2 EVERYONE said "Oh itll be a boy!!" even AFTER finding out that it was indeed a girl, I still got "well we'll see when ITS born"...& now that im pregnant with baby#3, everyone we tell we are pregnant, they say "well this one HAS to be a boy"....granted we would love a little boy, but why does everyone assume you want the opposite of what you have??

LolaInLove
April 18th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Texas, I HATE those comments, which is why we aren't telling many people yet. When I was pg for a second in January and mistakenly told people, EVERY single person came back with, Oh Congrats! Hope this one's a boy to complete your family or something like that, as if it would be a damn shame if it was another girl. We've got to come up with some witty comebacks to the early comments!!! Currently, I'm just going with "Well, I'm old, so I'm just hoping its a healthy human."

3boys
April 18th, 2011, 09:32 AM
So sorry you had to go through this.
When I went for my gender scan for DS3, right before I went into the room some woman outside felt the need to tell me I was definitely having Another boy. When I came out she said to me " it was a boy wasn't it!" really smugly, of corse she was right but I could have slapped her!

LolaInLove
April 18th, 2011, 10:50 AM
So sorry you had to go through this.
When I went for my gender scan for DS3, right before I went into the room some woman outside felt the need to tell me I was definitely having Another boy. When I came out she said to me " it was a boy wasn't it!" really smugly, of corse she was right but I could have slapped her!

You have much more restraint than I do. I would have hurled some harsh words her way! Heck, I would have reamed her out for you. SO sorry that happened!!!!

1pinkwish
April 18th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Ahhhhh!!! :) The sweetness of this post is that I am NOW 6 weeks out with my baby GIRL! :)

I was so upset the day I posted this, cause it just felt like a sure sign at that moment. But, anyone else who meets idiots like this can take comfort from this post that obviously a belly's shape and size does not determine the gender of the baby. LOL With all 4, I was pretty much out in the front, round, and low. Obviously, just the way my body carries babies. :)

Ashgirl
April 18th, 2011, 08:22 PM
People are SO stupid and ignorant. When pregnant with my HT girl, my idiot neighbor kept saying its definitely a boy. Don't listen to anyone.

LolaInLove
April 19th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Ahhhhh!!! :) The sweetness of this post is that I am NOW 6 weeks out with my baby GIRL! :)

I was so upset the day I posted this, cause it just felt like a sure sign at that moment. But, anyone else who meets idiots like this can take comfort from this post that obviously a belly's shape and size does not determine the gender of the baby. LOL With all 4, I was pretty much out in the front, round, and low. Obviously, just the way my body carries babies. :)

I bet you LOVE reading this now! Jeez, the way comments throw us in a tizzy when we are on pins and needles about our babies anyway! So glad you have your sweet baby girl.....and FX we all are as lucky as you!!!

purplepoet20
April 19th, 2011, 10:18 AM
When I was 9wks pregnant with DS2... I was having a lot of bad feelings because I was a little overweight, it was a surprise pregnancy, and I wanted a girl.

A college kid that was cashier said "I see your having another boy" I commented in my loud angry voice "Do you have x-ray vision or esp, can you mind your own business and do your job" and then I may have been a little mean and said "It looks like you are pregnant too looks like triplets" got a laugh out of the other cashier. The next day the store manager told me he was fired because he had done that several times to other pregnant women and they gave me a $50 gift card. They didn't want to upset the pregnant women because they are the best customers.

LolaInLove
April 19th, 2011, 12:56 PM
When I was 9wks pregnant with DS2... I was having a lot of bad feelings because I was a little overweight, it was a surprise pregnancy, and I wanted a girl.

A college kid that was cashier said "I see your having another boy" I commented in my loud angry voice "Do you have x-ray vision or esp, can you mind your own business and do your job" and then I may have been a little mean and said "It looks like you are pregnant too looks like triplets" got a laugh out of the other cashier. The next day the store manager told me he was fired because he had done that several times to other pregnant women and they gave me a $50 gift card. They didn't want to upset the pregnant women because they are the best customers.

OMG that's AWESOME! I am going to use your x-ray vision comment!!!! I love that. I always give people a sarcastic "Oh, I'm so sorry that my clairvoyance is not working today" when they assume I should know something that I don't (at work), and I love the look on people's faces.

1pinkwish
April 20th, 2011, 10:13 AM
I bet you LOVE reading this now! Jeez, the way comments throw us in a tizzy when we are on pins and needles about our babies anyway! So glad you have your sweet baby girl.....and FX we all are as lucky as you!!!

Yes! When I saw it was bumped up to the top again, I was surprised and had to re-read it. Very happy to be on this side of it.

And I REALLY DO hope everyone gets to be as lucky too!!!!

1pinkwish
April 20th, 2011, 10:14 AM

Oh my, that's awesome!!! I should've complained too then!! LOL

Navywife620
April 30th, 2011, 03:00 PM
I hate that about store clerks too. Every time I go to the store with my boys I always get the comments "are you going to try one more for a girl?" or "when are you going to try for a girl." I always say I have my hands full right now. It is so annoying.