PDA

View Full Version : Feel down :(

Navywife620
September 25th, 2012, 01:35 PM
I just had this feeling today if I am pregnant it's going to be a boy... I have been SO optimistic this entire time now I am feeling down..:(

kaseybaby
September 26th, 2012, 04:45 PM
I feel the same way. Even after all these months I am convinced my next child will be a boy. Unfortunately there is only so much we can do. It really isn't in our hands. lots of girl dust for you!!!!

BeadinMom
September 26th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Aww Navy, all the hormones don't help either!!
You know, I read something today about "how did you feel when you got your girl?" And I thought - if someone asked me how I felt when I got my boys, I couldn't give a general statement. They were all so different. I think sometimes its easy to lose track of the fact that these are little individuals we are creating & each of them are special in their own way.
Boy or girl, that little person who joins your family is who is supposed to be there. <3
Thinking of you & hoping it gets better!!

Cinss
September 26th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Hope your feeling better today :)

myGirl
September 26th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Hi girls,
I'm sorry you feel down. I have been there many times myself... did you read any of the posts in the thread about "how did it feel to finally get your girl" (title is something similar)... Ahhh I felt such sadness reading about what they felt like when their daughters were born; I just feel like I'll never get to experience that.

Other times I just worry that I'll never get another baby of any gender... I've been TTC since March... Just this morning I actually said to God, just give me a baby boy, just let me be pregnant one more time!! But if it's a boy I know I'll have GD.

What helps though is to look back at where I've been and how much work it was to get here, And I've come so far (DH did NOT want to try for one more baby, but he was slowly convinced)...

Just hang in there girls- things will get better :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MamaCass85
September 26th, 2012, 05:57 PM
I totally understand how you are feeling. With my pregnancy with DS#3 I wanted a girl so bad, but I knew he was a boy. When it was confirmed I did not even watch the rest of his u/s. At 34 weeks we almost lost him, and I prayed to God to just let him survive. I did not care about gender after that. He is here for a reason and I couldn't love him anymore. This pregnancy we did sway, diet...so I will be disappointed if we have another boy, but in the end as long as the baby is alive and healthy I will be ok!

NCBeachyGrl
September 26th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Aww Navy, all the hormones don't help either!!
You know, I read something today about "how did you feel when you got your girl?" And I thought - if someone asked me how I felt when I got my boys, I couldn't give a general statement. They were all so different. I think sometimes its easy to lose track of the fact that these are little individuals we are creating & each of them are special in their own way.
Boy or girl, that little person who joins your family is who is supposed to be there. <3
Thinking of you & hoping it gets better!!

Beadin - it is funny that you said that! Now that I am pregnant I am wondering if having a girl will be all it is cracked up to be or all that I have made it out to be. Not that I still don't really, really want a girl b/c I do, but it just feels like maybe it will be a disappointment b/c I have already been so blessed with my boys. I think I am in some kind of gender funk right now!!!!!

Navy - try not to get down! We go through so many emotions, but at the end of the day, you should feel like you have given it your all! With DS2, I tried to sway, but ended up doing everything wrong and I had so much regret. This time just feels so different...like b/c I really tried hard to change my lifestyle, I can be at peace with whatever is in there. Just keep thinking positive and whatever is meant to be will be!!