PDA

View Full Version : PEP and baby gender

TomJPKnight
September 26th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Hi gang,

Here's a story I wrote for the Sun newspaper in the UK, which was published yesterday. 4848

The full story's here: New mum scarred for life by allergy to her own son | The Sun |News (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4556512/mum-scarred-by-allergy-to-own-son.html)

Does anyone have any experience of this? Is anyone trying gender selection as a means to avoid gender-related complications in pregnancy?

atomic sagebrush
September 26th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Hi Tom,

There are women on here who are doing gender selection for X-linked conditions, but just giving it to ya straight here, I'm not sure how many, if any, will be willing to talk about it to a journalist. There have been some unkind articles written in the past by people who seemed very friendly and supportive, then gutted their subjects in the final story.

I do applaud you for being upfront and open about your identity as a reporter. :) Good luck.

TomJPKnight
September 27th, 2012, 05:16 AM
Hi,

That's completely understandable and thanks for the advice. To reassure you and the rest of the mods, I'm not here to impose or deceive, just to listen and learn! :)

Thanks,
Tom

suregena
September 29th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Shame that I think The Sun is about the worst newspaper - but good you are being up front. (I'm sorry, but it had to be said!)

I only got interested for a purely scientific reason - it's interesting, but I don't think we can have that much power over nature. However, it is interesting as a way to tip the odds if you are trying to balance your family.