PDA

View Full Version : recipes and meal suggestions for TTC Blue

atomic sagebrush
February 14th, 2011, 01:56 PM
There are a lot of options for blue but I thought it would be helpful if you have any recipes you think are good for blue!

Boy Breakfast (I conceived DS 3 eating this for breakfast every morning) - 1/2 cup of walnuts or almonds, and 3-6 dates. You should ALWAYS eat breakfast when swaying blue.

Oatmeal many ways - phytonutrients in oatmeal help raise testosterone and sway blue, but the fiber may carry away fat soluble vitamins. If you choose to eat oatmeal, be sure to take your vitamins at a different time of day. If you add stir-ins to your oatmeal it makes it edible without adding milk. You can add a lump of butter to any kind of oatmeal and it makes it really really good yes, this is usually not allowed on the boy diet but it does have a lot of good fats in it and adds calories and salt.)

1) For peanut butter cookie oatmeal, mix in 2 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter into your oatmeal and sweeten to taste. 2) For blueberry oatmeal add 1 cup of frozen blueberries BEFORE cooking and sweeten. 3) Maple-raisin oatmeal - This is extra good with butter. Add 1/2 cup of raisins after cooking and maple syrup to taste. 4) Apple and walnut - Chop an apple (pref. a red apple with dark skin and leave the skin on) and stir it in AFTER cooking, along with a handful of walnuts. Sweeten to taste (pref. with maple syrup!)

Fakamole - Mash one avocado and mix with salsa to taste. Eat with corn chips.

Jojo's Meatballs (boy style) - Mix 2 12 oz. jars of chili sauce with 32 oz. of grape or apricot jam. Melt in a pan and then stir in 1 bag meatballs (about 80 in a bag). Serve over egg noodles! Thank you to Jojogirl for this recipe.

Darlene's Easy Sloppy Joes - Brown ground beef and mix in a can of Campbell's Tomato soup (ratio 1 lb. meat to 1 can of soup, so if you have a big family you may want to make more than 1 batch - for my family of 6 we go through 2 lbs of meat. If you like, you can mix in a package of "Sloppy Joe" seasoning available in the gravy mix section - makes it extra tasty and higher in sodium. (someone just told me this is very similar to a recipe that is in the "other site's" boy cookbook, but I didn't know that! This is actually my MIL's recipe and we have made it for 20 years!) Saute onions in olive oil (add salt) and peppers if you like them, and serve the Sloppy Joe mix on whole grain buns with sauteed onions/peppers and pickles!!

BBQ sandwiches - Buy presliced meat at your deli, whatever is on sale because they ALL taste good this way! Pour 1-2 bottles of BBQ sauce (try to find a very salty one!) into your crock pot, add the meat, and cook on low for 4 hours until it's heated through. Serve on whole grain buns with sauteed onions.

Baked sweet potatoes with peanut butter - This sounds horrible but it's really good as a quick lunch and you avoid butter if you want to. Microwave a sweet potato for 7 or 8 minutes until it's cooked. Scoop out the flesh and put 2 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter on top, salt to taste. It's great for a quick lunch and you will be surprised how good it is!

World's easiest yams - Peel and chop 4 yams (you can also use sweet potatoes - I like sweet potatoes better but yams are moister) and boil them in water until they're tender. Drain them and put them into a casserole. Top with one cup of brown sugar mixed with a teaspoon of salt. Bake in the oven at 350 for about 45 minutes, until the sugar has totally melted into the yams.

French fries are good for boys but they are hard to make. My grandma makes something called, "American-fried potatoes" that are quicker and easier. Cut up however many potatoes you like into small chunks and fry over medium heat - she uses vegetable oil but for TTC blue, I think olive oil would be better, but you have to watch because olive oil smokes if it gets too hot. I like to put the potatoes in the pan, salt them generously, stir them around so the oil gets everywhere, and then put a lid on it.

French Dips - You will need roast beef, french rolls (it is necessary to have french rolls because they are firm and all other breads will fall apart. Try to find whole grain if you can but if you can't, just use white ones) and au jus mix (this is sold with the packets of gravy.) Make the au jus mix according to the label (our family goes through 2 packets of au jus) and plop the slices of meat into the au jus until they are hot. Scoop them out and put them onto the french rolls, then serve the sandwiches with cups of au jus to dip it into. You can also serve these with sauteed onions.

BLT - Toast whole grain bread and spread thickly with full sodium, full fat mayonnaise. Make a sandwich with LOTS of salty thick cut bacon, LOTS of tomato, and then a little lettuce just for fun. This turns into a turkey bacon club if you add some sliced deli turkey.

Tuna salad - Mix a can of tuna (yes, tuna has a little bit of calcium so be aware of it) with full sodium, full fat mayonnaise or Miracle Whip. You can add chopped pickles, celery, tomatoes, green onion. You can use it as a sandwich filling on whole grain bread, or just eat it straight.

Melts of many kinds - The basic idea of a melt sandwich is meat with sauce and cheese on toasted bread, heated to make the whole thing melty. You may or may not decide to eat cheese now and then, but this is something you can cook for your family and then if you don't want the cheese, leave it off. 1)patty melt - put a hamburger patty on whole grain toast that has been spread generously with thousand island dressing. Top with sauteed onions and cheese if desired. Heat in oven or microwave until the cheese has melted. 2) tuna melt - use the tuna salad above and put it onto whole grain bread. Top with pickle and cheese if desired. Heat in oven or microwave until cheese has melted. 3) Reubens - buy corned beef or pastrami at your local deli and serve it on toasted rye bread that has been spread generously with thousand island or russian dressing. Top with sauerkraut and Swiss cheese if desired and heat until melty. 4) Hawaiian - Use Ham, mayo, pineapple, and swiss and serve on sweet Hawaiian bread. 5) Malibu - Chicken breast, ham, swiss, mayo, and dijon mustard on whole grain bread

Viene
February 20th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Pasta - Mix cooked ground beef with a jar of spaghetti sauce and serve with whole wheat noodles. Super simple, super quick!

Meat pie - There are many variations to this, but here is for the one I make most. I simmer my beef (I sometimes do ground and other times diced) in onions, garlic salt and ale. Any kind of beer would be ok though. Then add frozen peas, carrots and a can of vegatable beef barely soup. Then for the potatoes you can use canned or fresh. If you use fresh then you have to cut them up and boil them to soften them first. Line the pie pan with pie crust from the freezer section and top it with the 2nd crust. Slice a couple slits on top. Bake at 350* until the pie looks done.

I snack on avocado too, but I usually sprinkle sea salt on them and scoop it out of the shell with pretzels.

Many of the Hamburger Helpers are boy friendly too because of the beef and high sodium. I always add ingredients to mine such as corn or tomatoes.

LolaInLove
February 21st, 2011, 11:21 AM
My family loves this sloppy-joe super sub that my husband and I make....which the girls like helping with, too. Brown a pound of ground beef and then cook about a half of a chopped yellow onion. Add a can of Campbell's Cheddar soup and a can of Tomato soup (I go for full sodium). Get a big load of bread, preferably a big Cuban or Italian loaf that has some width to it, and cut out the top like a canoe. Pull out the bread on the inside and add to the beef mixutre. Then transfer the mixture back into the bread, put the top on, wrap in foil and bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees. This satiates my DH's urge to eat a big "man-wich" and the girls love it, too.

Flava
April 8th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Dinner : baked potato with a little sour cream , cheese and bacon. ( you can leave the cream and cheese out if you want and put on what u like)
beans and fish . Fish is breaded ( in flour -egg-breadcrumbs ) and fried in olive oil. Used sea salt on all.
Hope it's a good boy diet food.

I think it cool if we add pics:cool:
http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/fleva/DSC00518.jpg

Flava
April 8th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Breakfast : egg with sea salt ,canned tuna and some mayo on it. (you can leave mayo out)
I don't eat fish all the time lol just have the pic:wink:

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/fleva/DSC00519.jpg

atomic sagebrush
April 9th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Those are awesome boy meals Flava!!

mmsgirlie22
April 9th, 2011, 12:54 PM
OMG......all those recipes sound awesome!!!! I want a french dip now.

begonia
April 11th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Lola that sandwich sounds delicious!!!

We had potato pasta (gnocchi) tonight with super salty prosciutto and zucchini. I made a little plate of salami, cherry tomatoes, and nuts for the ladies and I to snack on before dinner.

begonia
April 11th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Oh I was also going to add that I sliced and pitted some medjool dates and then stuffed them with roasted, salted almonds for dessert. It was a nice combo of salty,sweet,chewy, crunchy. My 5 year old loved them.

TTC5
April 11th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Omg those meals look so tasty!

Flava
April 12th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Just regular salad with some feta cheese , grilled chicken , beans with bacon.
http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/fleva/DSC00536.jpg

Flava
April 12th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Cooked potato, beef and iceberg lettuce -tomato salad. Put some in 1 plate for the pic. well doesn't look so good...but it's very yummy I promise !:agree:
easy to make:
Just cut the potato and cook it with some salt.
cut beef in ****s
chop 1 onion and saute it on some olive oil until it's golden brown
add a little sweet paprika powder and mix
add beef and brown it , mix it together
then add sea salt and ground pepper a little cumin powder and 1 beef or chicken ****
pure in some water (or broth) and a little red wine mix it together and put the lid on.
cook it until it's done ( you can always add some more red wine or water as you like)
http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/fleva/DSC00544.jpg

begonia
April 12th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Flava thanks for the beef recipe, looks great!

Since it is Tuesday we had taco tuesday at our house. Lots of seasoned beef, shredded iceberg lettuce, fresh tomato salsa, chopped avocado ... mmmm. I might need to go heat up a leftover plate!

Flava
April 13th, 2011, 09:40 AM
I will try this taco for sure.:p

Flava
April 13th, 2011, 10:04 AM
breakfast:olive oil, 2 potato, some ham ( if you don't have ham then bacon) 1 small onion , 5 eggs , sea salt, ground pepper, dry marjoram, dry crushed rosemary ( you can just do it with salt and pepper if you like) This is for 3 ppl so for 1 person just use 1 small potato and 1 or 2 egg. ( EW if you like)

Cut potato in small ****s
cut ham in even smaller ****s lol ( or in some places you can buy ham already cut in tiny ****s)
if no ham cut bacon (like in my pic we have bacon)
also the onion in this slices

Add a little oil in a pan heat it , add ham , potato and the seasoning, mix it and cover it up .Half way done add the onion in it and cook it together.
In a small pen make the egg .( have to be like omelet)
Put the egg in a plate and fill it with potato mix then fold it in half. All done.

Now this id done FAST don't worry wont take all morning at all!:o
On the pic with tomato and green tea. ( I add some ketchup too):cool:

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/fleva/DSC00551.jpg

Flava
April 13th, 2011, 10:07 AM
breakfast or snack:

dried dates, apricot ,plum and mixed nuts yummm!

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/fleva/DSC00552.jpg

atomic sagebrush
April 13th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Flava you are AWESOME! Keep up the good work!!

Flava
April 14th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Tnx! I was kinda hoping others will add pics too...everyone love recipes with pictures. Im for sure. I love to see the food and I more likely cook it if I see it .And it's so quick to snap a pic really.:wink:
well here is another snack

smashed avocado mixed with salsa and whole grain chips

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/fleva/DSC00553-1.gif

Foxy
April 14th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Love the pics! What a great idea! The beef looks so yummy!

TTC5
April 15th, 2011, 06:26 PM
I found these recipes while researching wheat grass:
http://www.sprout.net.au/wht_recipes.html

atomic sagebrush
April 16th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Thanks TTC, I will put a link into the Wheatgrass essay! Anything that makes it easier to choke that stuff down!:omg:

Flava
April 29th, 2011, 12:41 PM
oven roasted potato with grilled pork ( you can use any meat you like)

easy-peasy to do!

just cut red skin potatoes in small pieces , out the on a baking sheet , sprinkle it with salt , pepper, basil, olive oil.mix it up and roast it in the oven. ( this potato is so good I make it just alone and eat it like that!)
Season the meat any way you like and grill it.
We eat some ruby red grapefruit after it but of course we can eat it with salad too.

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/fleva/DSC00591.jpg

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/fleva/DSC00592.jpg

Flava
April 29th, 2011, 12:53 PM
guacamole

2 ripe avocados
1 clove of garlic ( use garlic presser)
salt
pepper
lemon juice

Mash the avocado real smooth add garlic and salt-pepper-lemon (to taste) mix it together and done.
Now this is how I do it there are lot's of different recp. out there. You can also cut tomato in it.Eat it with chips.

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/fleva/DSC00644.jpg

Flava
April 29th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Jigglers ( recipe is from 3pinkNeed Blue ) thank you! No more gelatin drinks here !!! http://dl2.glitter-graphics.net/pub/705/705592bsib3ydttb.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Take 2 cups juice (1/2 cup cold) and mix with 3 packets gelatin (then add 1 1/2 c hot juice). Once it sets you can cut it up and munch away!

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/fleva/DSC00645.jpg

Now if I just know hot to take it out of this container LOL well maybe we just eat it out!:wink: Take a same time to do it just like the drink!:agree:

3Pink1Blue
April 29th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Hold the container upside down and run a butter knife around the edges pulling gently away from the bottom, wiggle it a bit and it usually falls right out:bigsmile:

Flava
April 29th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Ohh tnx! I will try it!!! maybe I add a 1/4 cup more juice because it's to hard for me. thanks a lot:HH:

My Fabulous Children
April 29th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Flava you're SUPER! Great recipes ..Good job. I like the pic of 'think blue' lol

Question- we can eat chicken for ttc boy? I alway cook chicken. More grilled chicken.

Flava
April 29th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Im sure we can eat chicken. It's meat , right?

TTC5
April 29th, 2011, 09:33 PM
I'm off to make me some jigglers hehehehhehe

God, if I told dh I was making jigglers he would think I was up to something erotically naughty hahahahah

TTC5
April 29th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Flava you're SUPER! Great recipes ..Good job. I like the pic of 'think blue' lol

Question- we can eat chicken for ttc boy? I alway cook chicken. More grilled chicken.

Chicken is all I ate with my girls so I am avoiding it this time but won't say to a little bit once in a while =)

TTC5
April 29th, 2011, 09:42 PM
My jigglers are in the fridge! lol

TTC5
April 30th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Wow did not take them long to set, I cut them into ****s and can swallow them whole they slide right down nicely haha.
Question: So this would count toward the 3 tablespoon of gelatine a day and would it also count toward our juice we need to drink?

Flava
April 30th, 2011, 10:55 AM
TTC5 this is 3 packet and that's all we need to mix and drink /day so if we eat it it's all done! And we eat the juice too so I count that to the drinks. ( but Im not sure how much juice we suppose to drink a day?):think:

My Fabulous Children
April 30th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Im sure we can eat chicken. It's meat , right?

I hope so, but I would like to hear more opinions?

TTC5
April 30th, 2011, 06:04 PM
TTC5 this is 3 packet and that's all we need to mix and drink /day so if we eat it it's all done! And we eat the juice too so I count that to the drinks. ( but Im not sure how much juice we suppose to drink a day?):think:

I am going to explode one of these days lol my poor tummy has never ever had so much food in it lol

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 10:51 AM

Yes you can DEF. eat chicken! Grilling is actually recommended in the French Diet but I prefer NOT grilling it because the grilling can release chemicals that may be bad for you. Use your best judgement.

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 10:52 AM

You can kinda count that towards your day's calories as well - it's certainly carbs so you could eat jigglers with some protein for a meal/snack and cut down on some of the food, anyway!

Flava
May 2nd, 2011, 01:15 PM
Dinner

stake (this one is new york strip I love it well done lol) you grill it any way you like
roasted asparagus recipe
here (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/roasted-asparagus-recipe2/index.html)
and smashed potato (same the way you like it)
some baked beans in the back ground too:wink:

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/fleva/DSC00653.jpg

TTC5
May 2nd, 2011, 06:55 PM
You can kinda count that towards your day's calories as well - it's certainly carbs so you could eat jigglers with some protein for a meal/snack and cut down on some of the food, anyway!

Good idea! I have now been able to gulp down gelatin in a little pineapple juice, should I have some protein with it too?

TTC5
May 2nd, 2011, 06:55 PM
Dinner

stake (this one is new york strip I love it well done lol) you grill it any way you like
roasted asparagus recipe
and smashed potato (same the way you like it)
some baked beans in the back ground too:wink:

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/fleva/DSC00653.jpg

Yummy!!! Is smashed potato the same as mashed potato? Is that steak marinated in something?

Flava
May 4th, 2011, 01:40 PM
im sure the smashed potato is the same LOL

only salt, pepper and dry garlic is on the meat. sprinkle it on the meat all over and put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours then grill.DH made it.

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Good idea! I have now been able to gulp down gelatin in a little pineapple juice, should I have some protein with it too?

Yes! If you can, then use it as one of your snacks and at least it will cut down some on the amounts!!

You know that I will ALWAYS tell you to eat more protein LOL!! ;)

atomic sagebrush
May 7th, 2011, 11:54 AM
im sure the smashed potato is the same LOL

only salt, pepper and dry garlic is on the meat. sprinkle it on the meat all over and put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours then grill.DH made it.

OMG Flava that looked AWESOME!!!!

hope.ful
May 12th, 2011, 11:21 PM
I'm sure you ladies probably have this recipe, but just in case: Jigglers Jello: Mix 4 packages of Knox Blox (one box) with 3 boxes sugar free jello. Add to 4 cups boiling water. Put in 9x13 and refrigerate until firm, then cut and serve. We have made dozens of these and just keep munching on them all the time! Good luck, and enjoy!!

begonia
May 12th, 2011, 11:30 PM
I'm sure you ladies probably have this recipe, but just in case: Jigglers Jello: Mix 4 packages of Knox Blox (one box) with 3 boxes sugar free jello. Add to 4 cups boiling water. Put in 9x13 and refrigerate until firm, then cut and serve. We have made dozens of these and just keep munching on them all the time! Good luck, and enjoy!!
Hope.ful it is a great recipe but we've adapted it with TTC boy to not use sugar-free jello since artificial sweeteners sway girl! Most of us boy swayers are doing this recipe, with just the plain gelatin, and a jucie with loads of potassium:

Take 2 cups juice (1/2 cup cold) and mix with 3 packets gelatin (then add 1 1/2 c hot juice) and let it set.

hope.ful
May 13th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Super! Thanks so much, begonia!

hope.ful
May 13th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Wait, are there some artificial sweeteners that are ok? Stevia?

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Stevia is ok but all other fake sugars sway pink, to a greater or lesser degree. Please read http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?2038-Sweetening-up-your-sway!-For-pink-and-blue! for more info about the various sweeteners.

gizmo77
May 25th, 2011, 10:57 AM
question about EGGS. are the yolks okay to eat then? i remember from IG they said NO YOLK. why did they say that? and why is it okay if you think they are not accurate??? all IGs recipes are egg whites.....

tinkerbell
May 25th, 2011, 12:19 PM
hi ladies i am following you for ten days,you are wonderful...my first attempt will be 10th june...and i ttc boy
my recipe for snack..
i usually make peanut butter cookies with chooped dried figs,dates,appricots with brown sugar and egg whites...you can put dark chocolate on top of them...they are delicious.
i want to put foto of them but i couldn't...

begonia
May 25th, 2011, 10:47 PM
question about EGGS. are the yolks okay to eat then? i remember from IG they said NO YOLK. why did they say that? and why is it okay if you think they are not accurate??? all IGs recipes are egg whites.....

Yolks contain calcium and IG is very no-calcium, so I would bet that is why.

Tinkerbell those cookies sound delicious!

TTC5
May 26th, 2011, 02:36 AM
Yes! If you can, then use it as one of your snacks and at least it will cut down some on the amounts!!

You know that I will ALWAYS tell you to eat more protein LOL!! ;)

That you do ;) lol xx

TTC5
May 26th, 2011, 02:37 AM
Stevia is ok but all other fake sugars sway pink, to a greater or lesser degree. Please read http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?2038-Sweetening-up-your-sway!-For-pink-and-blue! for more info about the various sweeteners.

I ate alot of fake sugars with my girls! None this time lol

atomic sagebrush
May 28th, 2011, 07:20 PM

You betcha! Those yolks contain cholesterol and cholesterol is what your body makes testosterone and estrogen out of.

Someone already mentioned this but egg yolks have some tiny fraction of calcium and I think they may have progesterone as well, but I don't believe either of those things matter at all.

atomic sagebrush
May 28th, 2011, 07:20 PM
hi ladies i am following you for ten days,you are wonderful...my first attempt will be 10th june...and i ttc boy
my recipe for snack..
i usually make peanut butter cookies with chooped dried figs,dates,appricots with brown sugar and egg whites...you can put dark chocolate on top of them...they are delicious.
i want to put foto of them but i couldn't...Those sound fabulous and perfect for blue!!

Flava
June 2nd, 2011, 10:44 AM
my recipe for snack..

You can put on photo on photobucket and then just copy and paste the code here.
Can you write the recipe for this cookies here plz?
Oh and can we use truvia in this?

Flava
June 2nd, 2011, 11:17 AM
Another dinner.

1 lbs thin pork chops -cut in this slices
little olive oil
salt -pepper-marjoram (you can add other spice mix if you like)
3-4 garlic clove -(use garlic presser)
1 small onion -cut small
little water or chicken stock
some frozen peas -1/2 cup or 1 cup if you like more
5-6 slice of bacon -cut small
french fry
broccoli

Ok again this is easy to make .

Heat a little olive oil and ad the pork then brown it a little, add onion and brown it together until it has a nice color. (normaly ppl add the bacon in too here but I make the bacon separately because we like it a little crunchy , but you can cook it in if you like)
Add spices and put a little water or chicken s. under it reduce heat put a lid on and cook it till almost done.(this wont take long) mix it sometimes... so when the meat is almost done add in the peas and cook it together until it's done.
Meanwhile I make the bacon crispy in another pan. And we just mix it in the meat before we eat.
All this takes like 35 min or so really easy and fast.

This is how I do the broccoli .Takes 5-6 min. to do!
Was it cut it in peaces put it in a glass bowl put some salt and little water under it then put the top on and cook it in the microwave for 5 -6 min. it will be done and still a little crunchy not overcooked or anything .

The french fry we just had frozen this time and cooked it in the deep fryer.

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/fleva/DSC00718-1.gif

Flava
June 2nd, 2011, 11:39 AM
Lunch or dinner

Taco night!!

I lbs ground beef
I bag taco seasoning mix ( I use OldElPaso) recipe is on the back.
lettuce -cut small
tomato-cut small
beans if you like ( I use bush's baked beans)
shredded cheese ( if you like to add some) and/or some sour cream if you like
we also add some "taco bell restaurant sauce " mild or hot on the top. (buy this in stores)
and of course tortillas and taco shells.
Pack this with all the stuff , fold tortillas and eat. ( not folded on the pic so you can see what's inside)

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/fleva/DSC00744-1.gif

gizmo77
June 2nd, 2011, 01:52 PM
yum!!

Flava
June 3rd, 2011, 08:00 AM
Thanks gizmo:bigsmile:

begonia
June 3rd, 2011, 09:40 AM
Flava I really appreciate you; you've put a lot into this thread! That pork chop recipe is going into my rotation for next week. Anything with bacon is always a hit in our house :-) Thank you so much!

atomic sagebrush
June 3rd, 2011, 12:48 PM
Flava you say you don't know how to do the boy meals but then you make PERFECT ones! You are the master!

Flava
June 3rd, 2011, 03:35 PM
begonia thank you ! I try to help what I can so I hope some1 will cook some of this food. Tell me if you liked it or not.

Flava
June 3rd, 2011, 03:38 PM
Flava you say you don't know how to do the boy meals but then you make PERFECT ones! You are the master!

Thanks , but it's not like that. I can think of cooking something, yes but it's just 1 meal on the day! The hard thing is for me what to eat all day long and what would be the best together so I have it all covered. I just can't come up with good ideas.

Flava
June 4th, 2011, 11:24 AM
baby back ribs -oven roasted

I made this for last night dinner. All this dinner food can be made for munch. That's how I grow up we cooked for lunch and dinner was something small , light or so. Now it's summer break so I try to cook for lunch because all the kids are home.

Anyway, you need: ribs ,salt, pepper,ground cumin, onion and garlic powder, sweet red paprika powder
1 onion and 3-4 garlic clove , chicken stock or water.

So preheat oven to 390F, clean the ribs and cut it in small pieces sprinkle it on both site with salt, pepper, cumin, onion and garlic powder paprika last. Place it in ceramic or glass baking pan and put a little water or chicken stock under it.
Cut the onion in 4 and garlic in half and put it around the meat. Cover the pan with aluminium foil and put it in the oven for like 70 min. Check on it like 2-3 times if you need more water add some but only a little!
After 70 min. take of the foil and baked it for like another 30 min. so it got a nice color to it. ( open the oven sometimes and add the water/stock on top of the rib so it will not be all dry or burned)
Check it with a fork when is done it's very soft and bone almost fall out.

I made this with red skin smashed potato and some frozen veggie i had , but also good with salad or other veggies.

Easy to make just take some time to cook it so plan ahead.Hope you all like :happy:

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/fleva/DSC00751.jpg

purplepoet20
June 4th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Heres a family favorite... full of calories and salt!

Chicken Panang - cals super high and sodium OMG!

Sauce:
3 - 14oz can of Coconut Milk (must be cans and not the low fat ones) (over 2,500 cals)
2cp - of chicken broth (water can be used to or whole milk or a veggie broth) (if you really want the extra cals use 2 more cans of coconut milk)
1 - jar of of Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste (we do 1 jar but you can do 1/2 or 1/4 if your not used to spicy foods)
Simmer only on low (2) heat until well blended, nothing above 4 boiling or high heat will seperate it.

In a large pot, turn temp to high, wait until hot.
Add 2-3 TBSP of Olive Oil, 2 boneless-skinless chicken breast (cut to mouth size bits), add 1/2 teas of pepper, and 1 teas of dry basil. Cook at the high (8-9) temp for about 4 mins, stirring and watching the whole time, once all the pink is gone remove from heat until it has cooled a little about 15 mins.
Cut 1 large onion and 2 red or green peppers into strips, add to the large pot with the chicken.
Add the sauce mix to the large pot too and simmer on low/med (4) heat for 15-20 mins, stirring about every 5 mins.

At this time add about 2-3 cps of frozen greenbeans, continue cooking until greenbeans are cooked. (fresh take longer so they can be added earlier and canned just don't work as well with Thai food)
Once finished and the heat is turned off add 1 TBSP of fish sauce (like 1,400mg of sodium), anymore and it will be to salty, if you didn't use a salty broth then you can add a little extra fish sauce but "taste" after it is stirred in.

Some recipes call for carrots, lime, or mint leaves but I have never tried it.

Steamed rice is normally used but we have tried it on pasta and potatoes all very good. We make a double batch and freeze for nights we don't want to cook, worked prefectly when DS2 was born and hubby had to cook dinner.

Plum3
June 4th, 2011, 06:09 PM
I love all these recipes. You have gone to so much effort to put them all on here. They are great!

purplepoet20
June 4th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Flava looks like good ribs, I will have to try that later this year.... Have you tried slow cooking in the oven. We like to leave the ribs whole with homemade BBQ sauce (1cup ketchup, 1/4 dijon mustard, 1/2 of brown sugar, and 1tbsp garlic powder), wrap the ribs in foil but we cook it at 250 for 4hrs and then put them on the grill (very low setting) for about 10-20 mins until the outside is nicely carmelized. I miss my grill it is so lonely in the yard just stiring at me :)

hope.ful
June 4th, 2011, 11:15 PM
What do you guys think about the Diet V8 Splash? I love that stuff; and we used it instead of pineapple or white grape juice (have you seen the sugar content in pineapple juice - yikes!) and it was awesome!

Flava
June 6th, 2011, 11:49 AM
purple: thanks for the recipes !
Hope: I don't know about the diet splash sorry.

begonia
June 6th, 2011, 01:10 PM
What do you guys think about the Diet V8 Splash? I love that stuff; and we used it instead of pineapple or white grape juice (have you seen the sugar content in pineapple juice - yikes!) and it was awesome!

Hope.ful if the diet splash contains artificial sugar (splenda, sucralose, aspartame, etc.) of any kind then it wouldn't be recommended for TTC boy, just FYI!

Flava
June 9th, 2011, 11:05 AM
this is salad for anytime.
lettuce, tomato, orange pepper , cucumber and some feta cheese
with roasted chicken and hard boiled eggs
we put dressing made with acv on the salad.

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/fleva/DSC00807.jpg

atomic sagebrush
June 12th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Hope.ful if the diet splash contains artificial sugar (splenda, sucralose, aspartame, etc.) of any kind then it wouldn't be recommended for TTC boy, just FYI!

Yes, I would not recommend any diet juices for blue swayers, unless they're sweetened with stevia or truvia.

To reduce the calorie content of fruit juices, mix them half-and-half with club soda.

OMG Flava, I think I could eat that whole salad at one sitting. BEAUTIFUL!!!

vanasse2002
June 14th, 2011, 10:31 PM
I was looking at the recipe for the knox jello jigglers. The recipe posted said 2 cups juice (1/2 cup cold)...does that mean 1 1/2 cups room temp and 1/2 cup of it cold???
Also, are we supposed to eat the whole tray in one day???

vanasse2002
June 14th, 2011, 10:32 PM
my recipe for snack..

These sound absolutely yummy...please, please, please post the complete recipe on how to make!

Flava
June 15th, 2011, 10:08 AM
I was looking at the recipe for the knox jello jigglers. The recipe posted said 2 cups juice (1/2 cup cold)...does that mean 1 1/2 cups room temp and 1/2 cup of it cold???
Also, are we supposed to eat the whole tray in one day???

I take it out of the fridge and use 1/2 cup cold mix it with the gelatin and make the rest hot in the microwave and add it to the cold one. Mix it well and put it back in the fridge. If the juice is not hot it will not make a nice hard jello.
And because we suppose to drink 3 bag /day then I think yes we have to eat all this in a day.
But my kids and DH eating it away from me every time , so Im sure I have to drink it when I ttc.

Flava
June 15th, 2011, 10:08 AM
OMG Flava, I think I could eat that whole salad at one sitting. BEAUTIFUL!!

thanks I did lol

Flava
June 15th, 2011, 10:09 AM
These sound absolutely yummy...please, please, please post the complete recipe on how to make!

I also asked for the recipe but I guess she did not read us yet.:sad:

Flava
June 15th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Ok oatmeal for anytime ladies!

This one is cooked with whole milk and raisins. Add truvia and some cinnamon (or cocoa ) on top. yummm

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/fleva/DSC00850.jpg

This is cooked in water then add peanut butter and mix it. (sorry but I don't like it ...) lot's of ppl love it cooked in water .

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/fleva/DSC00852.jpg

Flava
June 15th, 2011, 10:18 AM
and another snack " ants on the stick"

it's peanut butter and raisins on celery sticks easy peasy all my kids love it ( you can also add cinnamon)

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/fleva/DSC00855.jpg

begonia
June 16th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Flava the ants on a stick is such a great TTC boy snack! I ate it all the time as a kid but forgot about it, thanks for the reminder!!!

gizmo77
June 16th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Ok oatmeal for anytime ladies!

This one is cooked with whole milk and raisins. Add truvia and some cinnamon (or cocoa ) on top. yummm

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/fleva/DSC00850.jpg

This is cooked in water then add peanut butter and mix it. (sorry but I don't like it ...) lot's of ppl love it cooked in water .

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/fleva/DSC00852.jpg

that PB oatmeal looks NASTY but ill eat anything for my boy!!! ;-) thx for this!!

atomic sagebrush
June 17th, 2011, 01:28 PM
The peanut butter oatmeal is scrumptious. It does not look good I admit, but give it a try!

Flava
June 17th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Flava the ants on a stick is such a great TTC boy snack! I ate it all the time as a kid but forgot about it, thanks for the reminder!!!

:wink:

Flava
June 17th, 2011, 09:32 PM
gizmo -IKR? I like the other one but the PB oatmeal? ahhh man it was hard to eat ! But again we are not use to cook it it water so maybe that's why. well GL if you try it:bigsmile:

atomic sagebrush
June 19th, 2011, 11:18 AM
To each their own! I think everyone should try and eat what they enjoy to make it easier to stick to the diet!

hope.ful
June 26th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Italian Beef:
3-4 lb raw beef roast (I use rump roast or sirloin roast)
Mix the following and pour over the roast:
1.5 tsp oregano
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 tsp basil
1 package Good Seasonings Italian Dressing Mix
1-2 cloves garlic
1/4 Cup vinegar
3/4 to 1 Cup water
Dash Cayenne (if desired)

Put in crockpot and put on high for about 6 hours or until it falls apart. Pull apart and serve on buns

gizmo77
June 27th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Italian Beef:
3-4 lb raw beef roast (I use rump roast or sirloin roast)
Mix the following and pour over the roast:
1.5 tsp oregano
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 tsp basil
1 package Good Seasonings Italian Dressing Mix
1-2 cloves garlic
1/4 Cup vinegar
3/4 to 1 Cup water
Dash Cayenne (if desired)

Put in crockpot and put on high for about 6 hours or until it falls apart. Pull apart and serve on buns

yum, im trying this. ive been looking for a godo recipe for ital beef!!! thx!

Zivic-Bubac
June 28th, 2011, 05:41 PM
I haven't check this thread until today! What was I thinking!!! Excellent thread and excellent job Flava!
I want to contribute a bit and post a boy friendly recipe, but 1st please help me out, how on earth are you calliing this? And if carrot is done using this, you call it ???? carrot. I can't find translation in online dictionary :oops:425

Plum3
June 29th, 2011, 02:21 AM
It's a grater. So when the carrot is finished using it it's called grated carrot. This made me have a good giggle :)

Zivic-Bubac
June 29th, 2011, 03:45 AM
Thanks Bec! :happy:
Here's recipe

Stuffed peppers

0.5kg (~1.1 pound) of ground beef
6-7 bell peppers
chopped onion
1 clove of garlic ( use garlic presser)
2 medium grated carrots ( learned that! http://yoursmiles.org/psmile/science/p0317.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/p-science.php?page=))
3/4 cup of uncooked rice
2 fresh tomatoes
tomato juice
sweet paprika powder
parsley, seasalt

Heat the olive oil in a large skillet ( I'm using medium pot - you need something deep enough for all ingredients) add chopped onion, meat, pressed garlic and grated carrots. Salt it ( abundantly lol!) and add parsley.
Stir constantly until meat is brown ( about 5-7 min). Add uncooked rice, stir well and turn off the heat ( no need to cook the rice!)

Wash peppers, cut tops off ( about 2cm~1 inch from the stem end) and remove seeds. Find pot large enough so that all peppers can fit in tightly,
hollowed sides facing upwards. Stuff peppers with filling. On each pepper put slice of tomato as cover.

Now fill pot with stuffed peppers half with water and the other half with tomato juice ( pour between peppers) so that peppers are about 1cm ~ 0,5 inch above water-tomato juice. Add 2 teaspoons of sweet paprika powder ( no need to stir it, it will diffuse) Bring to boil, then cook for 40 minutes over medium heat in covered pot.
Bon appetit! 426
And this is how it looks when cut in a half - rice is cooked :agree:427
It's excellent with yogurt or soured milk and bread is must with this dish!

atomic sagebrush
July 1st, 2011, 11:38 AM
I LOVE stuffed peppers and I haven't made them in forever!!! I love the idea of adding the grated carrots (Zivic you will be able to become a translator by the time this is all over with!!)

You can also make these from zucchini (courgette), cabbage, or grape leaves (a Greek food called dolmathes) using the same stuffing and recipe. The grape leaves come in a jar and they make a smaller version, more like an appetizer. For the zucchini you cut them in half and scrape out the insides, chop it and add it to the meat/rice mix. For stuffed cabbage, take the big outside leaves and boil them until you can easily roll them up and then stuff them.

To make them even more boy friendly you can also add some chopped walnuts/almonds, and for the dolmathes you can use pine nuts for a more authentic Greek taste.

Flava
July 2nd, 2011, 12:45 PM
hopeful- this beef sounds great I have to try it too!

Flava
July 2nd, 2011, 12:48 PM
Z- thanks!:bigsmile:
OMG that's so funny I make stuffed peppers too but in a different way! And we use pork not beef. lol
When I make some I will post it.:wink:

Zivic-Bubac
July 3rd, 2011, 11:42 AM
I love the idea of adding the grated carrots (Zivic you will be able to become a translator by the time this is all over with!!)
You can also make these from zucchini (courgette), cabbage, or grape leaves (a Greek food called dolmathes) using the same stuffing and recipe.
Thanks Atomic, that's a great compliment to me!!! :kiss: I'm constantly trying to improve my English, both written and spoken http://yoursmiles.org/psmile/science/p0317.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/p-science.php?page=)

Tried it already with zucchini, grape leaves and cabbage, but we use leaves from sauerkraut (pickled cabbage) try it that way too, I strongly recommend it! lol

If the sauerkraut is too salty or acid for your taste, you can wash the leaves first :agree:

Zivic-Bubac
July 3rd, 2011, 11:48 AM
OMG that's so funny I make stuffed peppers too but in a different way! And we use pork not beef. lol Sometimes I usee pork as well or I mix equal amounts of pork and beef.

gizmo77
July 5th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Thanks Atomic, that's a great compliment to me!!! :kiss: I'm constantly trying to improve my English, both written and spoken http://yoursmiles.org/psmile/science/p0317.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/p-science.php?page=)
:agree:

zivic-where are you originally from?

gizmo77
July 13th, 2011, 03:14 PM
are we supposed to eat an ENTIRE potato (baked potato). i normally share a baked potatoe with the fam. but i guess thats bc i was decreasing carbs

begonia
July 13th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Gizmo I think either way is fine ... my girls always ended up eating some of mine b/c they both love potato! I usually had potato in some form every day though. But I love them and always ate them even before TTCboy, I just upped my intake on the boy diet.

zanacal
July 13th, 2011, 03:43 PM
OK ladies, I'm day dreaming! I haven't read through this thread because I'm too hungry and I don't know the 'rules' of the high everything diet but one of my favourite meals ever is 'breakfast for dinner'. In my wildest dreams this would include:

Bacon
Sausages
Fried Eggs
Fried Potatoes
Baked Beans
Mushrooms
A bit dollop of tomato ketchup
Toast and Butter

... all washed down with a cup of tea :D

begonia
July 13th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Oh.my.stars Zanacal. That sounds delicious. Now do you sautee your mushrooms in butter? I looooove sauteed mushrooms with a steak. I think I need to get a sitter and make DH take me out to dinner now, LOL!

zanacal
July 14th, 2011, 07:04 AM
I would usually use oil, whatever's in the cupboard which would be olive oil or vegetable oil :D

b3blue
July 31st, 2011, 11:40 PM
Hi gals, this would be a good recipe for the boy diet right? I make it often, although we omit the raisins since neither DH nor I like them and it's great. Protein in pork chops, pineapples good for potassium, tomato based chili sauce is good for blue too? I'm making it tomorrow :)

Bahama Mama Pork Chops

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/bahama-mama-pork-chops/detail.aspx

begonia
August 1st, 2011, 03:46 PM
That looks great b3b! My DH won't eat fruit/meat together but I love recipes like that. Allrecipes is such a great site!

atomic sagebrush
August 6th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Hi gals, this would be a good recipe for the boy diet right? I make it often, although we omit the raisins since neither DH nor I like them and it's great. Protein in pork chops, pineapples good for potassium, tomato based chili sauce is good for blue too? I'm making it tomorrow :)

Bahama Mama Pork Chops

Yes that would be GREAT for blue! Sounds good too!

WTH is up with putting raisins in meat? I have seen more recipes with meat and raisins mixed together lately?!?

Flava
August 24th, 2011, 04:11 PM
I don't have name for this recipe so I guess flava's chicken LOL

you need chicken breast
olive oil
spices
garlic
tomato sauce
onion
elbow noodle
green peas

Season the chicken -I add salt , pepper , little marjoram , nutmeg , cumin and also can add some chicken spice mix if you like. Chop up the onion .
Add oil in the pan heat it add chicken and brown it till is has a nice golden color then add the onion to it and cook this together for like 5 more min. until onion has a golden color too. Just before onion done put in garlic (minced)
Then just pure tomato sauce on this all and add green pea and cook it ill done. This wont take long maybe another 15 min or so.
You can eat it with potato if you don't want the noodle.

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/fleva/DSC00893.jpg

Flava
August 24th, 2011, 04:31 PM
This is 2 different type of beef. Eat it with noodle , potato, rice or what you like :P

Cut beef in thin slices season it with salt and pepper , onion powder .(some spice mix works to if you like to add) Add olive oil in a skillet heat it add beef and brown it quick on both side. The add water and a beef **** and cook it on slow until it's done. ( you may have to check on it and add more water when it cook and taste it for salt ) When it done, take beef out and mix some sour cream in to the souse add beef back cook it together quick and it's done. ( if you don't eat dairy just don't add sour cream)
This don't sound much but it really taste good!

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/fleva/DSC01165.jpg

Flava
August 24th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Another beef recipe
need beef lol
1 big onion or 2 smaller, olive oil
salt , pepper , 2 bay leaf, 1 beef or veggie ****,sweet paprika powder,vinegar , 1 tbs flour.(sugar)

Again cut beef in thin slices and chop up onion.

Heat up oil and add onion saute onion the add beef slices and cook it together so beef get a little color . Then add salt, pepper and bay leaf and sprinkle it all with the paprika powder.( this will add nice color to it)Ok now add water and the beef **** and cover it. Cook it slow till is done. When beef is done mix a little water with the flour and pure it over beef to thicken the souse . Now you add the vinegar and sugar ( just a little) for you taste. So do not add a bunch just 1 tsp or so . ( also you can leave the sugar out if you want to)
I LOVE this food it's really good!

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/fleva/DSC01164.jpg

gizmo77
August 25th, 2011, 03:10 PM
yumm!!! thanks flava..sure looks FLAVA-full! ;-)
i like the chicken and tomato with peas, ill try the 2nd beef one too. my mom often makes beef with sourcream/yogurt...

atomic sagebrush
August 26th, 2011, 02:38 PM
flava, you ROCK!!!!!!

Flava
August 26th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Thanks!
gizmo-gimme that beef recipe from mom ! lol

gizmo77
August 26th, 2011, 03:06 PM
ill ask her!

Flava
September 5th, 2011, 01:08 PM
gizmo where is that beef? LOL

Hobbermittens
September 6th, 2011, 12:07 AM

Bahama Mama Pork Chops

Thanks for posting this recipe! We made it the other night, and it was a huge hit!!

Hobbermittens
September 11th, 2011, 04:14 PM
I made a batch of fresh salsa... I think it is very boy friendly! I used lots of fresh and canned tomatoes, onions, cilantro, garlic (tons!), jalapenos, salt, lemon juice and ACV! It's delicious!

gizmo77
September 13th, 2011, 02:54 PM
what did you eat it with?

begonia
September 13th, 2011, 03:03 PM
I made a batch of fresh salsa... I think it is very boy friendly! I used lots of fresh and canned tomatoes, onions, cilantro, garlic (tons!), jalapenos, salt, lemon juice and ACV! It's delicious!

OMG I loooooove fresh salsa!!! And guac. Mmm. Of course I can't have a beer with it now, sigh ...

Hobbermittens
September 13th, 2011, 03:19 PM
what did you eat it with?

Corn chips. Hope that's okay? I made sure to eat some protien also (beef jerky).

Hobbermittens
September 13th, 2011, 03:20 PM
OMG I loooooove fresh salsa!!! And guac. Mmm. Of course I can't have a beer with it now, sigh ...

I love guacamole too! You could have an O'Doule's, couldn't you?

gizmo77
September 13th, 2011, 03:23 PM
flava, this isnt from my mom bc i keep forgetting.

but i found this on the net:

Ingredients

Beef (seasoned with salt, pepper and lemon juice)
Ajwain/ carom seeds
Mixture of Plain yogurt, ground mustard,ground ginger, turmeric, vinegar, brown vinegar.
Onion
Ginger
Oil

Directions

Heat pan, add onions and ginger.

Add beef and ajwain. Stir it to mix.

Add yogurt mixture and stir.

Cover it and simmer until done.

Serve it with salad and steamed rice.

heres a good website for indian recipes with beef/yogurt:

http://www.yummly.com/recipes/indian-beef-yogurt

Flava
September 13th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Thanks gizmo!:bigsmile:

fourblessings
September 18th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Hi girls, I wasnt sure where to put this... I just went to buy more wheatgrass and I saw Barley Grass. It is very alkalising and lots of nutrients etc . Thinking it might be good for a boy diet

prayingforblue
November 8th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Recipe for homemade Muesli:

I usually make this the night before; it's filling and great for those busy mornings. (You could have a hard-boiled egg with it to increase protein as well).

1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup juice of choice (Pineapple, apple, orange, etc.) or whole milk
1/2 cup vanilla or plain yoghurt
Dried, chopped apricots
1/4 cup raisins or chopped dried apple
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
Sweetener of choice - maple syrup, Stevia,etc. (optional)
Fresh fruit of choice - berries, bananas, chopped pear, peach, apple, mango, etc.
Chopped walnuts, almonds or pecans

1. Place ingredients (except nuts) in a sealable container
2. Stir to combine, cover, and refrigerate overnight (can also make right before serving)
3. To serve, top with additional whole yoghurt or milk (optional) and chopped nuts.

prayingforblue
November 8th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Recipe for homemade Granola:

My entire family loves granola, and the homemade version is easy to make and much healthier (and you can add whatever you want to it!)

3/4 cup oil (olive, coconut, etc.)
1/4 - 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey (depends on how sweet you like it)
1 tsp. vanilla (optional)
7 cups rolled oats
1 cup dried coconut
3 cups nuts/seeds of choice (I usually use walnuts, pumpkin seeds, almonds - whatever I have in my cupboard!)
Raisins, dried apricots, dried other fruit/berries, chopped dates, flax seeds, sesame seeds (vary ingredients to taste - I usually add raisins and apricots)
1/2 cup rice or oat bran or wheat germ (optional)

1. Heat oil and honey/maple syrup together in micowave until hot. Add vanilla (optional).
2. Mix dry ingredients together EXCEPT for raisins/dried fruit (you may vary the dry ingredients to taste, keeping it at approximately 11 cups total amount).
3. Pour oil mixture over dry ingredients and mix well. Spread on two large cookie sheets.
4. Bake in 350F oven until golden brown (my oven takes 13-15 minutes).
5. Remove to airtight serving container while hot as it later sticks to pan.
6. Add raisins/dried fruit and stir.
7. Stores just like store-bought cereal. Serve with whole milk, plain as a snack, or sprinkle over yoghurt/salads.

wannahealthybaby
January 10th, 2012, 09:24 PM
I need to try this granola. It would be something easy to eat at my desk

hope.ful
April 24th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Always looking for something different, I found some saltine crackers that are very salty and yummy.
Mix the following and pour into a gallon ziploc baggie with a whole box of crackers (4 sleeves of crackers): 1 package dry ranch dressing mix, 1 and 1/4 cups oil, 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper. Mix well and enjoy!

atomic sagebrush
April 29th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Those do sound good but everyone needs to be aware that you need to eat some protein WITH your carbs, or else your blood sugar will shoot up and then plummet!!! So have a hard boiled egg with those saltines!!! :)

n710
May 5th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Sweet Potato-Pineapple Cake

Cake
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup wheat flour
1 cup granulated sugar (or use Truvia/Stevia or whatever sweetener) I used 1/2cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 cups shredded peeled sweet potato (1 large)
3/4 cup vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
1 teaspoon vanilla
3eggs
1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained (I plan to puree next time as I don't like the chunks in the cake)

Cream Cheese Frosting (optional-I didn't use any frosting and it was delicious)
1/2 cup butter
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
(*I didn't make the frosting, but if I did, I'd use a different sweetener)

Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease bottoms and sides of 2 round pans, 9x1 1/2 inches, with shortening; lightly flour.
In large bowl, mix flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add sweet potato, oil, 1 teaspoon vanilla, the eggs and pineapple with juice. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pans.
Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
In medium bowl, beat all Cream Cheese Frosting ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Fill layers and frost side and top of cake. Store covered in refrigerator.
Makes 12 servings

*Anyone feel free to edit with more boy friendly substitutes in the recipe. I would love to make this eve more boy friendly

Hobbermittens
May 5th, 2012, 04:42 PM
That looks really good!

Pearl327
May 9th, 2012, 03:34 AM
That sounds yum. My mum makes something similar with carrot, pineapple and raisin as muffins. (I must get it off her next time I go west)

Instead of some of the white flour you could substitute it with ground almonds/almond flour. The only thing you would need to watch out for is the amount of liquids as it should need less

Pearl327
June 7th, 2012, 04:02 AM
I have posted my mum's recipe that I mentioned below in the members section in my Vegetarian boy recipes post

atomic sagebrush
June 8th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Thank you Pearl!! :)

Annita2003
July 8th, 2012, 02:19 AM
I have a quick question, are chickpeas ok in the boy diet? Do they increase estrogen?

Annita2003
July 10th, 2012, 02:19 AM
Bump!

atomic sagebrush
July 14th, 2012, 03:17 PM
yes, they're great! They are very nutritious and high in protein. Some people think they increase estrogen, but I think they're good because they improve your body's overall health and that helps your body to make a lot of estrogen instead.

The Anchor
July 25th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Coconut Oil. I can't say enough about this stuff. Fry EVERYTHING in coconut oil, I was doing it because my girlfriend is a naturopath and said it was good for hair, skin, and made for healthy eggs. Hubby was loving it too. Try french fries in coconut oil...AWESOME. It's a little more expensive, but one of the healthiest fats around.

atomic sagebrush
July 25th, 2012, 08:08 PM
I totally agree about the coconut oil! Great tip!!

poppit2k
September 11th, 2012, 07:23 AM
What do you think of this

A hearty tomato salad served with crusty bread, shallot and bacon.

Ingredients
100 g lardons or smoked bacon, chopped
3 thick slices of crusty bread, chopped into ****s
Olive oil
2 shallots, finely sliced into rings
1½ kg mixed tomatoes, as many varieties as you can find
1 tbsp cider vinegar
Handful fresh basil leaves
Salt and pepper
To serve:

Salad leaves
Pecorino shavings
Watercress
Print recipe
Switch ingredient units
Method: How to make Warm tomato and bean salad with bacon
Fry lardons and shallots in a little olive oil until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in a mixing bowl.
Throw the croutons into the same pan to fry in the oil and bacon fat. Once crispy and golden, remove the bread and add to the lardons and shallots.
Chop the bigger tomatoes into quarters and leave the smaller ones whole so you have a range of textures. Put the tomatoes into the pan to warm through for a few minutes. Then remove to the bowl.
Finally, make a quick dressing in the same pan with any remaining juices, olive oil, the herbs and a splash of cider vinegar.
Mix everything together with the dressing and serve with salad leaves and shavings of pecorino.

Butterfly Spirit
September 11th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Easy Sweet & Sour Chicken! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE_iPROsodw)

YUM!!!!!!!!!!!

poppit2k
September 11th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Or this
Try this simple sticky lemon chicken dish with a salty and sweet honey, soy and sesame glaze. Served with a fresh chickpea and mixed Leaf salad.

Ingredients
8 chicken thighs and drumsticks from a mixed pack
Sea salt and black pepper
3 -4 tbsp olive oil
1 head of garlic, cloves separated and skin left on
A few thyme sprigs
Splash of cider vinegar
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
3 tbsp honey
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 lemon, finely sliced
Bunch of flat leaf coriander, chopped
For the salad:

A bag of mixed baby salad leaves
1x 400 g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
4 spring onions, chopped
Juice of half a lemon
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Print recipe
Switch ingredient units
Method: How to make Sticky lemon chicken with chickpea salad
Heat olive oil in a pan that’s big enough to hold all the chicken. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and brown it in the pan over a high heat. After a couple of minutes, throw in the garlic and thyme and turn the chicken so it browns on each side.
Once the chicken is nicely browned, add the vinegar, soy sauce and honey and turn the chicken pieces around so they get coated in the sauce. Then add a splash of hot water and the lemon slices and cover with a lid.
Let the chicken cook through and the liquid reduce down until syrupy, this should take 10 – 15 minutes. Keep your eye on it and add more water if the pan starts to look too dry.
Stir in chopped coriander and drizzle with sesame oil before serving.
For the salad:

Combine the salad leaves, chickpeas and spring onions in a bowl and toss together.
Make a dressing with olive oil and lemon juice, toss through the salad.
Season to taste and serve.

poppit2k
September 16th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Bump

ELP
September 16th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Hello poppit:) I saw you mention you have pcos, have you looked into apple cider vinegar to help with this?? It helps sway blue and pcos plus is a lovely salad dressing!!

Maybe say hi on the sep boy thread we may be able to answer any questions you have there:)

poppit2k
September 17th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Hello poppit:) I saw you mention you have pcos, have you looked into apple cider vinegar to help with this?? It helps sway blue and pcos plus is a lovely salad dressing!!

Maybe say hi on the sep boy thread we may be able to answer any questions you have there:)
Thanks have never heard of that will look it up. X

atomic sagebrush
September 17th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Bump

Both those recipes look divine and perfect for blue. I think chicken thighs are great for blue!!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing them and I'm sorry I didn't get back to this thread sooner, I'm still trying to figure out my most effective schedule with my new baby and the boys in school (they need the computer sometimes)

atomic sagebrush
September 17th, 2012, 11:59 AM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/9052-swaying-under-special-circumstances-part-3-pcos.html here is the thread on PCOS and swaying if you haven't seen it!

poppit2k
September 17th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Thanks atomic sagebrush that's great. No need to be sorry we are all busy. X

becca
October 30th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Hi guys! I'm new here but have been over on the oct chit-chat thread a bit. I wanted to share a recipe - I made a quinoa recipe last night that is perfect for ttc boy! (at least I think!)
Quinoa with Garlic, Raisins and Pine Nuts -- I used FULL SODIUM chicken stock instead of water and heavily salted with sea salt.
Ingredients
1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
1/4 cup pine nuts
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup raisins
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Directions
Place the quinoa in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until toasted, about 2 minutes. Add 1 3/4 cups water (or use low-sodium chicken broth) and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until the liquid is absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit, covered, about 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes; transfer to a plate. Add the olive oil and garlic to the skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring, until golden, about 2 minutes. Transfer the garlic to the plate, reserving the oil.
Fluff the quinoa with a fork. Add the pine nuts, garlic, reserved oil, parsley, raisins and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and toss.
Per serving (3/4 cup): Calories 300; Fat 15 g (Saturated 2 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 5 mg; Carbohydrate 37 g; Fiber 4 g; Protein 8 g

becca
October 30th, 2012, 09:39 PM
while I'm here - I'd love to ask any ideas you all have for proteins with your snacks. I eat a lot of nuts and peanut butter now but feel like I"m missing my cheese! What would you all eat with your fruit? Also, have you all ever had Sunbutter? Its made from sunflower seeds (got it for my daughter b/c some in her class has a peanut allergy). Its yummy but I noticed it has 25% magnesium.

Pearl327
October 31st, 2012, 06:29 AM
Hi becca,

I love cheese and as a vegetarian there was no way I was giving it up. I felt that I needed all the protein help I could get. Cheese, yogurt and eggs are all good boy friendly snacks as long as they are not the low fat versions

becca
October 31st, 2012, 10:34 AM
thanks pearl327 - I asked over on the chit chat forum too and it seems overwhelming positive to go ahead with cheese. Congrats on your bfp, by the way!

atomic sagebrush
November 4th, 2012, 01:22 PM
while I'm here - I'd love to ask any ideas you all have for proteins with your snacks. I eat a lot of nuts and peanut butter now but feel like I"m missing my cheese! What would you all eat with your fruit? Also, have you all ever had Sunbutter? Its made from sunflower seeds (got it for my daughter b/c some in her class has a peanut allergy). Its yummy but I noticed it has 25% magnesium.

I ate TONS AND TONS of cheese when I conceived my boys. I mean like 4 oz of cheese a day.

I often had cheese and fruit for breakfast. :agree:

Sunbutter is great for blue!!

I do not believe the data supports cal-mag swaying pink and you can read about it here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/610-calcium-conundrum-controversial.html (this is a three-parter, links in the first, read them all.)

becca
November 4th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Thanks Atomic! I'll certainly read those. While on the subject -- would you recommend that I don't take magnesium as a supplement, or do you think it really matters? I've been taking (prior to swaying) a magnesium (250mg) supp as a prevention of migraines. I've stopped taking it in the past month or so but am thinking of adding it back every other day or so. Thoughts? THANKS!

atomic sagebrush
November 4th, 2012, 08:01 PM
if you need it for your headaches, then by all means take it. i think it hardly ever comes down to one thing like that (except Vit D which i think sways strongly blue for both, and zinc for DH! - both sway blue!)

becca
November 4th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Wait - I am ttc blue --- so Vit d and zinc for hubs are GOOD for a blue sway. Right?

atomic sagebrush
November 6th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Wait - I am ttc blue --- so Vit d and zinc for hubs are GOOD for a blue sway. Right?

YES! :) Sorry!! I edited my post. I had answered like 700 q's that morning.

Elements
November 18th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Heres a FANTASTIC meal, I just made it tonight. YUM!

Peanut chicken and rice | Healthy Food Guide (http://www.healthyfood.co.nz/recipes/2007/october/peanut-chicken-and-rice)

1 tablespoon oil
2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
400g can chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 tablespoon curry powder
3 cups chicken stock
1 1/2 cups basmati or jasmine rice
1 large pinch thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt

Instructions
Step 1 Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Cook the chicken slices until sealed (slightly brown) then set aside. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook till soft. Return the chicken to the pan and mix in the tomatoes, peanut butter, curry powder and thyme and mix well to disperse the peanut butter through the mixture.

Step 2 Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil. When the mixture is boiling stir in the salt and rice. Return the mixture to the boil then cover and reduce the heat. Cook for 20 minutes on low, then check to see if all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked. Serve with a salad or green vegetables

honeybee
December 7th, 2012, 10:18 AM
I am DEF bookmarking this for future use!!

Boymomsrock
December 7th, 2012, 10:21 AM
I'm drooling over this thread! No wonder I have boys! ;)

mmsgirlie22
February 13th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Thanks for sharing all these recipes y'all!

I'm about to go grocery shopping and now have some meals in mind.

atomic sagebrush
August 11th, 2018, 11:13 AM
bump

hurrem
May 9th, 2019, 07:36 AM
Where are all the new recipes? This is a blue forum, we need more food in here! :bluecheer:

Anyway, here's my take on Singapore style stir-fry noodles. Everyone in my family and my friends love these noodles, they're full of flavour, variety and nutrients!

Ingredients:
Singapore noodles (3-4 packets)
3 chicken breasts or thighs julienne cut (or beef or any meat of choice)
1/4 cup oil
1 tbsp garlic ginger paste
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp corn flour
Salt and red chili powder to your liking
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup sliced carrots
1/2 a red capsicum sliced
1/2 cup green beans
1 cup bean sprouts(washed in hot water and strained)
1/4 cabbage chopped
1 cup baby spinach leaves

Method:

1. In a non-stick pan add oil, ginger garlic paste, chicken/beef and sauté it all together on med-high heat. Also add the soy sauce. On another pan boil the noodles.
2. When the chicken is cooking add salt and chili powder(optional) to your liking, then add the mushrooms, carrots, green beans, capsicum and mix.
3. In a separate bowl add cornflour and stir it with water, then add this mixture to the pan.
4. Gently stir everything in the pan together.
5. Once it's all cooked and the 'sauce' is formed, add the cabbage and bean sprouts.
6. When cabbage is cooked but still a bit crunchy, add the noodles and stir. Add a bit more soy sauce if you like between mixes.
7. Once the chicken, vegetables and noodles are mixed together, add the baby spinach on top in a layer and close the lid on top.
8. Open the lid after 5-10 minutes and stir the spinach in, and the noodles are done.

Vegetarian option: Replace the meat with sliced boiled eggs in step 1
Vegan option: Modify step one and sauté the veges mentioned in step 2, then continue all the same methods

Now I'm hungry and craving these noodles yuuummm ;)

atomic sagebrush
May 9th, 2019, 06:11 PM
Please share them! I think people feel shy and don't share, but when one person does, lots of people tend to chime in!

These sound great!!!

hurrem
July 10th, 2019, 12:42 AM
Ok so this isn’t a recipe but you all need to eat a fried egg or omelette cooked in ghee(clarified butter), the taste is DIVINE. Just don’t overcook when making omelette or it gets rubbery and burnt, quickly flip on both sides and serve. Heat your pan and then keep the stove on low so eggs don’t burn. But try cooking eggs in ghee, the taste and texture is just perfect.

Buy quality brand ghee from your supermarket or local South-Asian grocery, and use free range or organic eggs, they also taste much better.

atomic sagebrush
July 10th, 2019, 12:07 PM
YUM! Thank you!