PDA

View Full Version : sweetpea TTC a GIRL Sway Attempt *UPDATE: It's B/G TWINS!!!

sweetpea
September 26th, 2012, 06:34 PM
***10/15/12 UPDATE***
Had a transvaginal u/s at what I thought was 6 weeks on the nose, due to sharp pains on my left side. It turns out I had a ruptured cyst on my left ovary, and that was causing the pain, but all is fine. However, I also found out that we are expecting TWINS! I saw two sacs, two little blobs, and two heartbeats each beating at about 144 bpm. One baby was measuring at 6w3d and the other was measuring 6w1d. I am in SHOCK! I haven't even told DH yet, and I'm not sure how to tell him. I'm not even sure how to process this, I've been shaking all day (I'm even shaking as I type this right now!)

***12/6/12 UPDATE****
I went for an elective early gender determination u/s today at 13w4d. Both babies were measuring 14w1d, and it was confirmed that I'm having BOY/GIRL twins!! I am on cloud nine! Thank you, Jesus! And a HUGE thanks to Atomic, who has helped me plan my sway for most of this year (thank you from the bottom of my heart!) and thanks to all you lovely ladies here at Gender Dreaming! I love you all!! :awe:

TTC a Girl Sway Attempt
Gender Result:
BOY/GIRL twins!!
DW Age:
DH Age:
Current Children's Gender(s)
DS1: Almost 4
DS2: 2
Number of Months TTC
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
Yes
DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
Yes
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow? LE(Low Everything)

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
I started out this year at 187 lbs (I'm 5'2") with an obese BMI (34.2). I went on a 30-day juice fast in January and lost 20 pounds. At the very end of January, I found this site and started doing LE-diet-friendly things, but didn't quite do the LE diet right away (still had breakfast and some cheats). I've eaten red meat, I think, once this entire year. I can only remember one time in February I ate a steak, and DH and I used to be BIG meat eaters (I'm talking some kind of meat at every single dinner, and red meat usually at least 1-2x a week, if not more). I've stayed mostly vegetarian for the most part of this year, but had some chicken or seafood or pulled pork cheats (less times than I can count on both hands for the entire 9.5 months I’ve been dieting), and that was months before we started TTC. My last MEAT cheat was at the end of May. I've literally only had a bite of a tiny piece of shrimp (like from my kids' shrimp lo mein) or a tiny bite of BIL's fish fry only 2-3 times from May until early August. I became strictly vegetarian (100% no meat of any kind) for the last several weeks. Also, I NEVER snacked, ever. And never had breakfast. No snacking/eating close to bedtime, either.

When I started doing the LE Diet months ago, I was doing the empty carbs that a lot of the women were doing, but I was struggling with losing weight that way. I changed three things to try and help encourage weight loss: 1) I dropped from 3 meals per day to two meals per day (2pm and 7pm), 2) I dropped my calorie intake (from 1100-1200 to around 1000), and 3) I switched from empty carbs to "real" foods (this is when I adopted a diet of mainly eggwhite omelettes, strawberry & pear smoothies, hummus and peeled cucumbers, apples, pears, green grapes, some bananas, lots of salads, etc). I ate no bread, sweets, candy, white rice, etc. because I just wasn't losing weight eating those things. I did eat 1 Yoplait Light yogurt daily, some lowfat sour cream (on my salads), Crystal Light (in moderate amounts), and Cherry Coke Zero (in moderate amounts). I've *never* had caffeine while TTC before (I'm hoping this helped to lower fertility!) and I have NEVER been a real big pop drinker.

The 2 weeks or so before our attempt, I was REALLY strict with my diet (no cheats at ALL), and was steadily dropping weight (slowly, but at least a little bit was coming off every day from AF-O). The week before O (and I know this is bad, but it was such a short time, so hopefully it didn't effect egg quality or anything), I dropped my calories to around 750-800 cals per day (I know, I know, really bad, but I really wanted to keep losing weight, and surprisingly, with all the filling foods I was eating and the bubbly pop I was drinking, I was honest-to-God not hungry, even with eating so few calories). Hopefully, since I was eating "real" foods and not junky foods, this was okay just for the 5-7 days that I did that.
If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
I've been dieting for a total of 9.5 months (since January 2nd of this year). I've been mostly vegetarian the whole time (some meat cheats months before our attempt), and strictly vegetarian for the last couple of months. I've been following the LE diet guidelines since about....end of February, I think? Or maybe March. So, at least a solid 6 months on the LE diet before our attempt (loosely in the beginning, then fine-tuning it in the last 2-3 months).
Did you skip breakfast regularly?
Yes
Did DH change his diet with you?
Yes
Comments regarding DH's diet-
DH drastically changed his diet. He used to be BIG into meat - always ate burgers, steak hoagies, roasts, pulled pork, chicken, and lunchmeat. I honestly think meat used to be the biggest part of his diet. But that all changed at the beginning of this year. DH is overweight, and had gone on the 30-day juice fast with me in January. He lost about 18 pounds, then continued on dieting to lose another 10 pounds or so. He ended up keeping his weight pretty stable from that point on, and he didn’t continue “dieting,” per say, but he kept about 98% vegetarian all this year. He had NO red meat at all, and only a few chicken, pork, or seafood cheats very sparingly over the past 9.5 months. He was 100% vegetarian for the last several weeks before we conceived. He drank a moderate-to-high level of caffeine daily, didn’t drink any milk, had a good amount of full-sugar pop, and drank 8 oz of chocolate soy milk daily.
DId you consume alcohol? No

DId you try to limit caffeine?
No, I drink caffeine regularly
Any Diet Details?
I had about 12-24 oz Cherry Coke Zero per day, and 2 packets of Crystal Light per day. Also used Equal sprinkled in my smoothies and on my bowls of strawberries.

I also wanted to mention that DH and I both cut way back on our dairy consumption. We used to be BIG milk drinkers, and ate LOADS of cheese. While we both still had *some* cheese in our diets, and while I had 1 yogurt daily and a bit of sour cream, neither of us drank any milk for months before conceiving. It was probably the lowest we’ve ever been with dairy and calcium, ever.
Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
If it helps, I'd like to share what my typical day's meals looked like for the last several weeks. Here is one example (although it didn't vary much):

Breakfast: Nothing. Just drank a huge glass of water with Benefiber Orange mixed in. Would also drink about 12-24 oz of Cherry Diet Coke all day long, until my first meal of the day.

Lunch: Eggwhite omelette made with 3 egg whites, a tiny sprinkle of grated lowfat mozzarella cheese, some diced red bell pepper, a sprinkle of hot sauce, and a tsp of lowfat sour cream spread on top. I'd eat this with a cup of grapes or a peeled apple, or sometimes a small banana. I'd also make a smoothie with frozen strawberries, peeled chopped pear, water, and Equal. Sometimes I'd add a plain mini bagel with a tiny pat of butter.

Dinner: Huge iceberg lettuce salad with 2 tbsp of lowfat sour cream and a sprinkle of hot sauce. Peeled sliced cucumbers with 2 tbsp of hummus. Peeled apple. Yoplait Light yogurt poured over a bowl of strawberries. Sometimes I'd have a small baked potato with a pat of butter and a bit of lowfat sour cream.
WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
I was about 133 or 134 pounds (with a BMI of about 24.4) leading up to O.
Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
I've steadily lost weight from January until September, losing a grand total of 54 pounds before we conceived. I was down to 133 or 134 by the time we had our attempts (BMI of around 24.4). For the record, I was 135 with DS1 and 125 with DS2 (I still feel really nervous about this - I still wonder if I should have gotten my weight lower before trying). Anyway, even with the 54-pound weight loss this year, there were a lot of times I'd get frustrated with all of this, and I'd have big cheat weekends (even a really, really stupid cheat MONTH in May when I turned 30 and decided to live it up that month, ugh), and I've gained weight at times (a whopping 10-lb weight gain in May, ugh!). So, while the scale would go down-up-down-up-down over the past 9.5 months, it was still an overall trend of going down (just never a straight line of down-down-down while losing weight...if that makes sense). I'm happy about the weight loss, but I'm worried about the little mini-gains along the way.
THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
no idea
Any VG potions used? RePhresh
Sylk

CM pH at attempt
no idea
DH pH
no idea
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
5-6
BD Dates according to Ovulation 4 Days Before O
3 Days Before O
2 Days Before O
1 Day Before O
O Day

Any additional comments?
DTD on O-4, O-3, O-2, O-1, and O day. The reason why I say we did 5-6 attempts is because the day before O, we DTD twice – once in the afternoon and once at night. DH had a very weak orgasm during the one in the afternoon (he wasn’t even sure if anything came out), so we DTD again at night, and he definitely had the big O then. So, if you count the afternoon attempt where DH had a weak orgasm (and possibly no semen output), then it was a total of 6 attempts. Otherwise, 5 good solid attempts.
THE DEED INFO
DH Info about Swimmers Frequent Release
DTD through Ovulation

BD Position
Missionary
Did you Jump and Dump? For some attempts

Any relevant attempt details?
DH released daily, 9 days prior to our first attempt. We then went on to have the 5-6 attempts, as described above. No big O for me for WEEKS leading up to our attempts. No big O for me during most of our attempts, except for one of our attempts (I think it was the day of O). We tried DTD in the afternoon, but DH couldn’t finish. However, I had not one but TWO big O’s, one right after another (OMG, so embarrassing). DH didn’t finish at all that attempt, though. Hours later, at night, we tried again and DH then finished. I really hope the big O from earlier in the day didn’t do anything to hurt our sway.

I also wanted to mention that I used a full applicator of RepHresh on CD 5, 8, and 11. I then used a little squirt of RepHresh right before our attempt on CD14 (the day before O). With every attempt, we also used a tiny bit of Sylk and/or saliva as lube. The *ONLY* attempt where we didn't use ANYTHING was the afternoon attempt on the day before O, where DH had a super weak O, and wasn't even sure if any semen came out.

Also, I went to get an hour-long massage the day before O.
SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements Vitex
Clomid
Baby asprin
folic acid
acidophiles
Fiber
Saw Palmetto

DH Supplements Licorice Root
Cranberry
acidophiles

Any additional supplement info?
DW:
- Took Vitex all cycle through, non-stop, since February. Stopped Vitex on CD1 of attempt cycle, since I was starting Clomid.
- Baby aspirin was every other day, all cycle long.
- Folic acid was 1600 mcg per day, split up into two doses (once in morning and once in evening).
- Acidophilus was two capsules per day.
- Fiber was 4 capsules before each meal.
- Took SP all cycle long, non-stop, since June. Stopped SP on CD1 of attempt cycle, since I was starting Clomid.
- Clomid was 50 mg CD's 4-8.

DH:
- Super low dose of LR (1 pill daily) from CD 1-14. Did this for two cycles, I think.
- Low dose cranberry daily for months (since March, maybe?)
- Acidophilus daily for months (started the same time as the cranberry pills, so since March?)
Did you do anything with Ions?
No. I use lavender essential oil bar soap in the shower, but only because I make my own soap and like the relaxing scent of it. But otherwise, no, I didn't do anything with ions for my sway.
Moon Phase during conception?
New Moon
Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
No
Things that make me feel great about my sway:
I feel great about the fact that both DH and I have completely changed our diet and lifestyle. We went from being huge meat eaters to pretty much completely vegetarian. I was always a snacker, which means my blood sugar was always stable. I changed that by eating only 2 meals a day and skipping breakfast, thus keep blood sugar levels low. I've never NOT snacked before. I also feel good about the fact that I've lost 54 pounds before we conceived.
Things that make me nervous about my sway:
I feel nervous about the fact that I wasn't at my lowest conception weight or my lowest adult weight for that matter. I also worry that I may have been eating too healthily, and may not have sent a signal to my body that "times are tough." I think we may have had too many attempts, too.
Things worth mentioning:
First and foremost, I want to give a BIG thanks to God for leading me to this site and to this weath of information! I had a horrible year in 2011, and was so depressed that I put on 50 lbs that year. That is so unlike me, and I was just miserable. Looking back, I’m wondering if God meant for all these things to happen how/when they happened. I worked hard this year to shed the weight and the depression from the previous year, and was forced to be patient and to lean on the Lord. I’m hoping that this bumpy road has led me to conceive our little girl, but if I am carrying a boy instead, it’s only because God wanted him here. Either way, I did the best I could with this sway, and I feel so blessed to be pregnant with this child.
Secondly, I want to thank Atomic from the bottom of my heart for putting up with me for almost a full year before my first attempt! She is nothing but kind, gracious, courteous, patient, uplifting, supportive, sweet, extremely knowledgeable, and even though I don’t know her in real life, I’d say she’s a wonderful “online friend.” I could not have gone on this journey without her, and no matter what the gender of my child turns out to be, I am utterly grateful for all she has done for me. Thank you, Atomic!
And lastly, a big shout-out of thanks to my precious hubby who, without him, I wouldn’t even be posting this! Ha! He went along with all my “demands,” even though he’s told me countless times that he thinks I’m crazy, LOL! And who can’t love a guy who willingly gets totally burnt out after FR'ing/DTD 16 times in a row?!?! He has told me that he’s so relieved I’m pregnant, because he couldn’t have done another month of that, LOL! Thanks, hubby! I love you! :)

NCBeachyGrl
September 26th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Congratulations and such a great job with weight loss!!!!

myGirl
September 26th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Your sway was so enjoyable to read, very clear and detailed. What a journey you've been on! It was such a great sway and I really think you have a pink bean cooking!

Congrats:HH:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navywife620
September 26th, 2012, 09:22 PM
wonderful sway sweetpea!!!!!!!!

HopingForPigtails
September 27th, 2012, 12:32 AM
I just wanted to congratulate you on your sway. It sounds fabulous and on top of that, it sounds like such a benefit for your health overall. Losing weight is so hard and I commend you for being so dedicated!! It will keep you healthier in the long run! So hopefully you'll get your DD and you can thank her for getting you tip top again!! :-)

sweetpea
September 27th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Thank you for all the sweet replies, everyone! :HH:

prayforprincess
September 27th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Great sway! Great job on the LE -- its so hard to stick to for so long and you did it!

Dannicka1
September 27th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Wow a BFP already??? Congrats and hope to follow you soon ;) and don't be nervous, you had a good sway!

auroara78
September 27th, 2012, 12:56 PM
great sway...congratulations!! so excited to see this!! whoooooo hoooo!

sweetpea
September 27th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Thanks so much, girls! I'm excited and nervous at the same time! The gender scan can't come fast enough! :bigsmile:

Maple
September 27th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Sweetpea - a really amazing effort!! You have done so well, you should be very proud :wink:

It looks like you have an excellent chance of getting your girl!

Enjoy your pregnancy :awe:

BeadinMom
September 27th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Congrats Sweetpea!!! Great sway!!! Hope this is a pink sticky bean!!! :)

sweetpea
September 27th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Thanks so much, girls. I love feeling your support, it means so much to me. :awe:

sweetpea
September 28th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Just wanted to share that I've made an appointment at a private u/s place to get an early gender scan at 15 weeks. The date is December 16th, and it feels like FOREVER away! Gotta keep busy to try and keep my mind off of this, or I'll go crazy, haha! ;)

Turning the page
September 28th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Above and beyond your *incredible* sway, you totally rock for the amazing effort you made towards improving your emotional well-being. What a strong woman you are! Congratulations, and I hope you enjoy your next 8.25 months! ;)

sweetpea
September 28th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Above and beyond your *incredible* sway, you totally rock for the amazing effort you made towards improving your emotional well-being. What a strong woman you are! Congratulations, and I hope you enjoy your next 8.25 months! ;)
:awe: That was so kind of you to say! ::blushing:: Thank you so much. :)

bythestream
September 29th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Well done, great sway.

Ribbons
October 1st, 2012, 01:39 PM
Congrats again :)

:running:

genieinabottle1
October 2nd, 2012, 10:45 PM
Congrats!! i haven't been on in awhile! So excited for you, and your sway sounds awesome!

Mum23boys
October 4th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Hi hun do u mind me asking why you were taking the baby aspirin ? I am concerned that if clomid things the lining and aspirin does the same then maybe the lining gets too thin ? IYKWIM ?

sweetpea
October 4th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Hi hun do u mind me asking why you were taking the baby aspirin ? I am concerned that if clomid things the lining and aspirin does the same then maybe the lining gets too thin ? IYKWIM ?
I could be wrong, but I don't think low dose aspirin thins the lining. It's supposed to help implantation, I believe. It's also part of a lot of pink swaying plans because it's supposed to lower pH, but the main reason I was on it was because I know it helps implantation, and I thought I could use some help with that while being on Clomid.

HopeandDreamG
October 7th, 2012, 09:46 AM
congrats sweetpea!! Awesome Awesome job! Great weight loss!! What mg of clomid were u taking? and you also mentioned Vitex and SP which you can't take with clomid. Was that the months leading up to when you started clomid? Wanted to put that out there in case someone doesnt know that.

sweetpea
October 7th, 2012, 02:40 PM
congrats sweetpea!! Awesome Awesome job! Great weight loss!! What mg of clomid were u taking? and you also mentioned Vitex and SP which you can't take with clomid. Was that the months leading up to when you started clomid? Wanted to put that out there in case someone doesnt know that.
Thank you so much, Hope! :) I really :pray: that it was enough to get my girl. We'll know in December! ;)

I think this was indicated in my sway, and if it wasn't, I'll make sure to edit and include it, but I was on 50mg Clomid days 4-8. And I know I did mention that I was taking Vitex and SP *prior* to my Clomid cycle, but you're right - it's super important that people know not to take it *while* taking Clomid, so it totally bears repeating. :agree: I took Vitex non-stop since February, and SP non-stop since June. I stopped both the Vitex and the SP on CD1 of my attempt cycle, then started the Clomid on CD4.

HTH to clarify! :)

ETA: Just checked, and yep - all this info on dosages and when I started/stopped everything is already in the sway. :agree: But it's good to point it out again, nonetheless! :agree:

dreamingpink77
October 7th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Wow sweetpea! I think your sway is just fantastic! :) You really did great and you were super strict on diet, a big well done to you! I hope your effort gives you your dreamed daughter, you deserve her :)

dreamingpink77
October 7th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Just wanted to share that I've made an appointment at a private u/s place to get an early gender scan at 15 weeks. The date is December 16th, and it feels like FOREVER away! Gotta keep busy to try and keep my mind off of this, or I'll go crazy, haha! ;)

That's great! but isn't that too early for a gender scan? I mean I thought we'd had to be around 20weeks pregnant. It's great if we can know at 15 weeks, I really hoped we could get to know gender for Christmas! :)

Butterfly Spirit
October 7th, 2012, 03:00 PM
That's great! but isn't that too early for a gender scan? I mean I thought we'd had to be around 20weeks pregnant. It's great if we can know at 15 weeks, I really hoped we could get to know gender for Christmas! :)

I found out at 14 wk 4 day.. then confirmed at 15 wk 4 days! Yes, you can totally find out that early!
Go look at my baby's pics.. prob easiest to find them under my I Have A Little Princess thread. But with my pics there is no doubt.
This is the first pregnancy DH and I had the guts to go early early.. before we wouldn't go until 22-23 weeks! haha

Butterfly Spirit
October 7th, 2012, 03:03 PM
I just noticed I hadn't commented here yet.
FABULOUS sway and congrats on your weight loss!!!!
Sweetpea and I hope there is a nice sticky PINK bean cooking in there! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

dreamingpink77
October 7th, 2012, 03:06 PM
I found out at 14 wk 4 day.. then confirmed at 15 wk 4 days! Yes, you can totally find out that early!
Go look at my baby's pics.. prob easiest to find them under my I Have A Little Princess thread. But with my pics there is no doubt.
This is the first pregnancy DH and I had the guts to go early early.. before we wouldn't go until 22-23 weeks! haha

Yesss!!! I hope I will know by Christmas then, it would be great! I really want to spend the christmas holidays buying stuff for this little one, whether boy or girl. With my ds I got to know really late cause he was always in a bad position for the gynea to find out. Hope this one is helpful enough and lets us check out :)

sweetpea
October 7th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Thanks, girls!! ;)

Dreaming, yes you can definitely find out earlier than 20 weeks! I'm not sure when your OB does that scan, but mine always schedules it between 17 and 18 weeks. However, I'm hoping to find out before Christmas, if possible, so I scheduled an u/s with a private ultrasound place (not covered by insurance) at 15 weeks. The place I scheduled it at claims they can determine gender as early as 14 weeks, but it felt a bit safer to go closer to 15 weeks (that's when a lot of the girls on here suggested I should go). :agree:

dreamingpink77
October 8th, 2012, 10:41 AM
I'll think I'll book mine at 16weeks then, I'm kind of planning to do an ultrasound every 4weeks, being at 8wks the first one and so on. I really can't wait to know :) And I can't wait for my first ultrasound, just want to see the little one so much! At least when he/she starts kicking, I'll know there is someone growing in there, but right now, it's just waiting without knowing anything at all.

sweetpea
October 8th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I know what you mean! It's always so nerve wracking to not know how everything is developing in there, and the wait until the first u/s always feels SO long. :sigh: My first one isn't until November 9th, and I'll be 9w4d then. Trying so hard to be patient until that time, but the wait is just awful. I know I'll relax a bit when I finally am able to see the heart beating! :)

dreamingpink77
October 8th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Mine is on the 29th October at 8wks pregnant, 3weeks waiting!

mariposa
October 12th, 2012, 04:01 PM
congrats!!! what a wonderful sway, great job!!!! :happy:

myGirl
October 15th, 2012, 05:13 PM
OMG, I just saw your update!! Congratulations on the twins! Have you told your hubby yet?

sweetpea
October 15th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Thanks, myGirl! No, haven't told hubby yet! He's on his way home now! :nails:

lime
October 15th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Omg!!! Congrats!!!! Do you have twins in your family? Let us know how DH reacts! Good luck

Inglewood
October 15th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Congratulations!! I have 2 boys swayed pink like you and got ID Twin girls who are now 6mths!!! It was a crazy but fab pg and I wish you a Healthy and happy one. Did ur hubby faint?? mine was in shock when we found out!! lol

Dreamofpink
October 15th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Wow Sweetpea, that's amazing!!!!!! What fantastic news!!! I hope you're keeping well and your hubby takes the news well :bigsmile:

Sunflower3
October 15th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Congrats sweetpea!!!

sweetpea
October 15th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Thanks, ladies!! :) No, twins don't run in either of our families, but I was on 50mg of Clomid for the very first time this cycle. Plus, this would be my 5th pregnancy, and I think more pregnancies up the odds of twins a bit, too.

I told DH tonight! For a good 5 min or more, he totally wouldn't believe me! He thought I was just kidding around. When he finally realized I wasn't joking, he was just in shock, LOL! He laid on the bed with his face in the pillow and moaned for a bit, haha! He's happy now...super, super nervous...but happy. :)

Oh, and he also thinks he has awesome mega rockstar sperm, since we did so much to lower sperm count, but yet we still got pg with two. LOL! Men! :rolleyes:

sweetpea
October 15th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Congratulations!! I have 2 boys swayed pink like you and got ID Twin girls who are now 6mths!!! It was a crazy but fab pg and I wish you a Healthy and happy one. Did ur hubby faint?? mine was in shock when we found out!! lol

That would be my ultimate dream come true, Inglewood! I am so, so happy that it worked out that way for you! :) Were you on Clomid? How many weeks did you get to before your twins were born? I think I read that 34-35 weeks in the norm. I have soooo much to learn about a twin pregnancy, I really know nothing. :oops:

babygirlforme
October 15th, 2012, 11:56 PM
WOW Sweetpea! CONGRATULATIONS!!! So excited for you. What a great surprise at the u/s and congrats on your amazing weight loss. Fingers crossed for a happy and healthy 9 months!:celebrate:

Myloves
October 16th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Congrats! FX they're twin girls :o You are so so lucky!

Ribbons
October 16th, 2012, 03:14 PM
OMG OMG OMG!! How awesome!! :)

Petal
October 16th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Congrats on the twins!!! reading your sway im sure they must be girls :-)) x

Navywife620
October 17th, 2012, 02:36 PM
OMG THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! TWIN GIRLS ARE MY DREAMING. FX YOU HAVE 2 GIRLS IN THERE!!

sweetpea
October 17th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Thank you so much for all the kind words, everyone! :) I'm really hoping there's at least one girl in there, but I'm feeling so nervous about it!

:nails:

eeziarb26
October 23rd, 2012, 12:48 PM
So one more question about your sway :) I will be on clomid next cycle so should i not use vitex?

sweetpea
October 23rd, 2012, 04:26 PM
You cannot use Vitex and Clomid together. I used Vitex up until CD1 of my attempt cycle, then stopped it.

Violet_
October 24th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Congratulations Sweetpea on your girl sway and twins! You've done a great job of increasing your chances of them being girls.

sweetpea
October 25th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Thanks, Violet! :) I'm still so, so nervous. I'm nervous about both of them making it, and I'm nervous bc I'm hoping at least one of them is a girl. My next scan isn't for another two weeks, but I'm :pray: with all my heart that both of them are doing well and thriving.

willtherebe4
November 11th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Wow, what an amazing sway. Have you had another US as yet? Hope you are all travelling well and hoping you hear pink healthy beans real soon. Keep us updated with your progress :)

sweetpea
November 11th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Thank you! :) I did have another scan at 8 weeks. I posted a pic in another thread, let me see if I can find it and post it here. My next scan will be at 11w2d, right before Thanksgiving. I'm :pray: so hard that they're still doing well!

sweetpea
November 11th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Here's the pic from our 8w u/s. Babies were measuring right on track and heartbeats were 179 bpm and 164 bpm, if I'm remembering correctly. Can't wait to see them again! :)

mariposa
November 11th, 2012, 02:36 PM
they´re so lovely!!!! congrats again!!! :HH::HH:

rachel
November 16th, 2012, 11:30 AM
great sway congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Butterfly Spirit
November 16th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Well Sweetpea, how VERY Exciting!!! You must just be speechless but over the moon! lol

Here's to Twin Sisters!

sweetpea
December 6th, 2012, 11:02 PM
***UPDATE****
I went for an elective early gender determination u/s today at 13w4d. Both babies were measuring 14w1d, and it was confirmed that I'm having BOY/GIRL twins!! I am on cloud nine! Thank you, Jesus! And a HUGE thanks to Atomic, who has helped me plan my sway for most of this year (thank you from the bottom of my heart!) and thanks to all you lovely ladies here at Gender Dreaming! I love you all!! :awe:

Baby B (BOY):

Baby A (GIRL):

BabyCakesTor
December 7th, 2012, 01:58 AM
Congrats!!!!

Tiggerian
December 7th, 2012, 02:24 AM
YAAAY! what happy news to wake up to!!! Congrats!!!

Sunflower3
December 7th, 2012, 08:41 AM
This is such exciting news sweetpea!!!! I'm overjoyed for you!!!! Merry Christmas. What an awesome early Christmas present!!!

atomic sagebrush
December 7th, 2012, 08:48 AM
So happy for you sweetpea!!!

Smiley13
December 7th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Congrats! What awesome news!!

Rabbit0809
December 7th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Congrats,Im smiling from ear to ear :)

sweetpea
December 7th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Thank you so much, ladies!! :)

Mbmk
December 7th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Perfect!! Xxx

Dreamofpink
December 8th, 2012, 04:38 AM
What wonderful news!!! Congratulations!!

Ribbons
December 10th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Congrats!!!! yay!

Pangea
December 11th, 2012, 04:41 AM
Congratulations! That's great news!!

sweetpea
December 11th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks so much, girls!! :)

sweetpea
December 26th, 2012, 01:31 PM
I just wanted to share that we had another ultrasound at 16 weeks this past weekend, and it was confirmed that we are indeed having boy/girl twins. :) However, the babies have switched positions, and the boy (formerly Baby "B") is now closer to the cervix, making him now Baby "A." So the girl is kind of on top of him, and has now become Baby "B." At the ultrasound, they were laying sort of head-to-toe, opposite of each other. I got some great shots of them, and I'd love to share them here....

Both babies

Baby A = BOY!

Baby B = GIRL!

3D image of baby girl

rainbowflower
December 26th, 2012, 01:32 PM
that's great!! congratulations! :D
are you getting a big bump already?

sweetpea
December 26th, 2012, 01:37 PM
that's great!! congratulations! :D
are you getting a big bump already?
Thanks, rainbowflower! :) Ohhhhh, yes I already have a bump! I'm a bit scared at how big I'm getting already, and I look pregnant all over, blech. :p Oh well, it's for a good reason. ;)

auroara78
December 26th, 2012, 01:59 PM
ahh love the pics how awesome! still think B/G twins are awesomely cute and adorable! They are going to have such a close bond.

sweetpea
December 26th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Thanks, auroara! :) I'm so thrilled, and I'm already so much in love with both of them. :awe: The only problem I'm facing is how I'm going to decorate their room. I don't really want gender neutral, but it looks as though I may have to go that route. I want something super girly and pink for the girl, but I need to keep it masculine for the boy. Maybe neutral walls, and gender-specific bedding? Hmmmm, not sure....

Rosie85
December 26th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Cute! You are so lucky and blessed, I would love b/g twins! Love th 3d of baby girl....so precious :-)

Mum23boys
December 26th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Great photos hun - had a little blub when i saw them after loosing one of our this week ( 7+5) but so thrilled that you have your DD - i really think Boy Girl twins will be brilliant.
Could you not split the room in two somehow so you can decorate one half super girly ? Just an idea

Mrs_P
December 26th, 2012, 04:01 PM
I've seen it done with twins before with a large open bookcase separating the bedroom into two spaces, separated differently. Or how about some nice gender netural wall paper (i saw some in mamas and papas that i love that grey with white stars on it) and a feature panel or pictures around each of the cots making it more gender specific

zanacal
December 26th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Congratulations, amazing pictures!

You can get great wall stickers, you could decorate the walls with a neutral colour paint and decorate around each bed/cot with girl/boy stickers. DD has some really pretty butterflies around her cot :D

justlikeme
December 26th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Amazing sway story!! Thanks for sharing!! And congratulations on the babies your' ve been blessed...

sweetpea
December 26th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Thanks, ladies! Those are some great suggestions! I will have to brainstorm a bit and see what we can do with the little bit of room that we have (the kids' rooms are pretty small). Keep the suggestions coming though, I need all the ideas I can get! :)

Navywife620
December 26th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Wonderful news sweetpea!!! I am so happy for you!!!

sweetpea
December 26th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Aww, thanks Navy! :)

fish2012
January 30th, 2013, 04:08 PM
uhhhhhh congrats sweetpea! dd and a bonus ds! perfect!

bunnywabbit
January 30th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Congratulations, that's fantastic news! x

sweetpea
January 30th, 2013, 05:55 PM
uhhhhhh congrats sweetpea! dd and a bonus ds! perfect!
Haha, that's exactly how we see it! We tried so hard for this DD and feel so grateful to be having her...and we feel as though this little guy wouldn't even exist if we didn't have the desire to try for a DD. He is truly our little "bonus baby!" :awe:

inshaallahxx
February 8th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Congrats! Your story is inspiring!

Sarajoy
April 8th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Love this sway! What more can I say? CONGRATULATIONS!

atomic sagebrush
June 1st, 2013, 11:32 AM
I've been wondering about you and hoping all is well! :heart:

Rabbit0809
June 5th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Sweetpea,stalking the threads daily for a post from u,praying all is well