PDA

View Full Version : Morning Sickness & Gender

pinkdreamer
September 27th, 2012, 03:35 AM
Hiya everyone!!

I've only really posted on here a couple of times before. But I am now pregnant with my 3rd child (after 2 boys) and did no swaying for this one at all as it was a little whoopsie :) but still very much wanted.

Anyway, I know that morning sickness is quite a personal thing and doesn't really relate to gender for everyone, but I was wondering if it is does possible give away the gender on a personal level. For example, with both my boys I had terrible hyperemisis and could not stop being sick from about week 4 or 5 to week 17!! Now I am pregnant again I am only 6 weeks but I have only have a bit of mild nausea and nothing else, I was wondering if this meant that I might be more likely to have a girl this time seeing as the pregnancy seems to be so different this far?

I was wondering whether some people may be more likely to have bad morning sickness with certain genders? It just seems strange that both my boys it was sooo bad and then this time is practically nothing :)

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced the same thing and had a different gender? x

mummypink
September 27th, 2012, 04:12 AM
My first two pregnancies seemed really different with morning sickness, with my first it was more like a general travel sickness feeling and stopped at 12 weeks, with my second I was really poorly and could hardly eat it was so bad. Both were boys! This time I would say it is inbetween the two, I have had some really bad days and some where I just feel nauseous, no idea what the gender is yet but for me I don't think there has been a correlation between morning sickness and gender. I think it is more down to what is happening in your life at the time, how busy you are, how much sleep you're able to get etc. x

Cinss
September 27th, 2012, 04:32 AM
Ive seen articles saying nausea has nothing to do with gender. I had nothing with DD but this time i have constant mild nausea so i am hoping that it means its a boy.

cvd
September 27th, 2012, 04:05 PM
I don't really think nausea means anything about gender presonally! You hear everyone have such different experiences and all different genders. I wasn't sick AT ALL with my DS, no nausea - no vomitting - no tummy aches lol other then a growing belly I wouldn't have known I was preg! So far no nausea this time, although I'm only 4 weeks so there's lots of time for it to come hehe

Shellbelle
September 27th, 2012, 04:28 PM
I had terrible morning sickness with my first -- a boy -- hardly any with my 2nd -- a girl -- and hardly any with my 3rd -- another boy. And with this one, I've been sick since about 8 dpo. :) For me, there's been no pattern.

mydream
September 30th, 2012, 06:38 AM
I had some with both my boys till 12 weeks but terrible ms with this one for over 20 weeks and it's a girl!!!

nestof3
September 30th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Ds1 - very little
Ds2- none
This one (dd) - horrid, hospital visit, meds.

HopingForPigtails
September 30th, 2012, 11:56 PM
It's been pretty much the same for all three of my pregnancies. First two were boys, this one a DD. this one didn't kick in until 7.5 weeks but them the nausea was just as bad. I know so many of my girlfriends who were hoping it was a certain sex due to the change in pregnancy symptoms- only to be disappointed. I wouldn't read too much into it!! But keeping FX for you!

Myloves
October 1st, 2012, 12:08 AM
Ds1 - I felt awful until about 18 weeks
Ds2 - had no morning sickness
Dd - I also had morning sickness, but I got through it much quicker than Ds1.

TTC5
October 1st, 2012, 06:37 AM
I had bad ms with my girls and nothing with my boy.

4 blues~hopingforpink~
October 1st, 2012, 12:30 PM
Im right there with you... This pregnancy was a BIG surprise wasnt planned Or expected at all (used pullout method) so I didnt get to sway much eathier. Only thing I can say I was doing was drinkin diet and crystal light and I had lost a bit of weight and had only dtd twice. Dh works in a heat treating factory so Im hoping this helped a bit. I can say ms for me was much more worse as well with my boys. This time around I only get waves of nausea through out the day and thats only if I Let my tummy get empty. Other wise Im good... I have no other symptoms except a lil tired. Hope u get Your girl... As Im hoping and praying to as this is our last!

genieinabottle1
October 2nd, 2012, 11:02 PM
I was wondering this too. I know for people as a whole there is no correlation, but like you i had moderate MS with DS 1, that lasted up to 5 months. With DS, it was much worse, but lasted only 14 weeks. With this one, I am only 5 weeks, but not nearly as sick as I was with the last. I am wondering if it will just hit me hard a little later.

spinningmadly
October 2nd, 2012, 11:11 PM
My ms just keeps getting worse with each successive pregnancy. I wonder if it has to do with being more and more tired

NothingButBlueSkys
October 6th, 2012, 12:33 AM
when i was pregnant with my daughter i was really sick...i actually quit my job as a waitress because i couldn't be around food without throwing up!

joyfylgrl
October 7th, 2012, 07:55 PM
I've had it with all my kidlets, each one with more intensity...this past time, I was hospitalized twice. They actually figured out it was heartburn causing the vomiting. Not a huge shock as bad heartburn runs in my family (my siblings and father have it BAD...I have it pretty bad even when not preggo)...on a side note, none of my kids have been born with hair either ;)

joyfylgrl
October 7th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Oh, and three oldest are boys and according to 12 and 14 week ultrasound, this one is a girl ;) I'll believe it when she actually comes ;)

fairydust2012
November 15th, 2012, 10:51 AM
I had mild nausea with ds1, managed by snacking and it had gone by second tri. My second ds awful nausea lasting up to 22 weeks, vomited maybe 3 times in total. This one is unknown yet but nausea and vomiting started at 6 weeks. Vomiting sometimes 3 times a day. Sickness seemed to have stopped at week 13, still a bit nauseous

Mrssmudger
November 15th, 2012, 11:16 AM
I had mild nausea with my DS which stoppped around 10 weeks. This time around I have been sick everyday from about 6 weeks and am still being sick at 15 weeks. Find out tomorrow what were having so I'll update and let you know if it means anything?!

NearlyDone
November 15th, 2012, 04:37 PM
DD1- really bad sickness and felt sick 24/7
DD2- not sick as often and didn't feel sick
DD3- No sickness
DD4- late sickness started at over 12 weeks and lasted pretty much all the way though(but not constant nausea like dd1 just the physical act of being sick)
DS- nothing felt great
current pregnancy- nothing yet except a couple of days of slight nausea in week 6

2boys1girl
November 20th, 2012, 02:33 PM
DD#1 sick for 12 weeks. Never threw up but constant sea sick feeling
DS#1 zero sickness
DS#2 zero sickenss
I'm currently 12 weeks pregnant with #4 and have the same exact sea sickness I did with DD. I find out the gender next week(swayed for girl). Fingers crossed. Hoping the morning sickness is indicative of a little princess in my tummy.

fairydust2012
November 28th, 2012, 03:24 PM
DS1 - mild nausea in first trimester, manageable! vomited maybe twice
DS2 - all day nausea up to 22 weeks, vomited maybe 3 times
this time ive just found out shes a girl, and i have had awful nausea since week 6, with vomiting almost every day