PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Will u find out the sex ?

Mum23boys
September 27th, 2012, 03:54 AM
Will u be finding out the sex of your baby ?

We will be team green because we were for all 3 boys and because i couldnt bare to hear "boy" where as when the baby is born and in my arms i know i wont care. I dont want to spend 20 weeks of pregnancy feeling a little dissapointed

dreamingpink77
September 27th, 2012, 04:01 AM
I will def want to find the sex of my baby when and if I get pregnant. I will be waiting eagerly for the Big Day of Gender scan and will try to prepare myself to hear 'it's a Boy' as soon as I get my BFP. I want to prepare myself and start bonding with the baby as soon as I find out. I'm afraid that if I won't know gender ahead, I will keep on hoping that it's a girl and will be disappointed when baby arrives, and I def don't want to be disappointed holding the baby in my arms. Plus I want to decorate the nursery according to gender and buy lots of stuff for him/her and decorating the nursery will be part of my 'accepting the gender' issue. Another issue is names, I have several girl names in my mind but few boys' names and my hubby doesn't like the ones I chose for boy while I don't like the ones he chose. We agreed immediately for girl but not boy, so during those months, we have to find a name we both agree upon! :)

elle82
September 27th, 2012, 04:51 AM
I will definetely find out the sex. I would drive myself insane wondering what the baby is and trying to guess what I'm having from ultrasound pics if I didn't find out. I would also worry that I would convince myself it's a girl and keep imagining what she'll be like and hoping that it is a girl and then would be disappointed at the birth. At least if I know it's a boy I can get used to the idea of having another boy and work through my GD before baby comes. I also like to be prepared with clothes etc, don't really like the neutral stuff. I will be SOOOO nervous the day of my gender scan. Really hope it's a :DD:

cvd
September 27th, 2012, 08:56 AM
I will also be finding out :) I can't take the suspense! Plus I like to be super prepared!!

ZoeyMax
October 4th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Yes, we will! Just like cvd said, I think it's a good preparation step. If we've got a girl like we want, then we can go pick up girl items. If we've got a boy, get the boys things.

Mum23boys
October 4th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Looks like im in the minority then - Maybe my loss is my princess - my mum told me tday she had 2 miscarriages she knows 1 was a boy the 2nd was too early but she has 3 girls and was convinced she couldnt carry boys - i know there is no truth to it but my aunt has 3 boys and lost 2 girls so seems very odd !!

Cinss
October 5th, 2012, 06:49 AM
I cant wait to find out. Team green would drive me insane.

Mum23boys
October 5th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Looks like IF i get pregnant again I will be in the minority

Rosie85
October 5th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Right now we have decided to find out but it could change again. i keep going back and forth. If I find out I can deal with the GD, if I don't find out will I just be happy to have him in my arms and not care? That scares me...I want to be happy at the birth no matter what. We have decided to have the tech write the gender on a card and seal it and we will decide from there.

3boys
October 7th, 2012, 11:29 AM
I'm going team green too mum23boys for the exact same reason.

I know when that baby is in my arms I will be happy.

With DS3 I found out and spent the whole second half of my pregnancy depressed only to fall Madly in love when he was born.... This time I will be saving myself the heartache

3boys
October 7th, 2012, 11:42 AM
I'm so sorry mum23boys... When I posted I was being completely dumb and didn't realise you suffered a loss. My heart goes out to you Hun. I miscarried last year after swaying for pink. I am so sorry if I upset you by posting x

Mum23boys
October 7th, 2012, 12:48 PM
3boys - Its fine - Im ok at the moment - these things happen and it was obviously for a reason. - I will just keep trying and will still be team green :-) ( Though i need to get my ass back on the diet cos i took 2 weeks off when i got my BFP and whilst ive been grieving for the loss ) Tomorrow is a new start, a new week and hopefully the month of a new pregnancy :-)

aroundtheworld
October 13th, 2012, 10:11 PM
For a week I was fairly sure I wanted to avoid finding out the sex, however I now realize I'm going to be too impatient! But eventually I do want to be Team Green with one of my babies.

We're contemplating a Gender Reveal party for possibly January/February, so we'd obviously have to know in that instance. ;)

momof3boyz11
October 18th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Looks like im in the minority then -

Hubby and I will not be finding out with the next one (swaying for girl in Feb) should we be blessed to get pregnant again. I know it sounds crazy because you go through all the extras to try to have a little princess then you want to wait to see if it worked. I just want to wait til the day of that way when I see the baby boy or girl it wont matter :) Plus boy or girl it is our last (I said that once already!) so one surprise would be wonderful!

Good Luck and I hope you get the little princess you so deserve :) :fx:

NCBeachyGrl
October 19th, 2012, 06:04 PM
I have decided to go team green for your same reasons mum23boys! I can't handle the disappointment and I know my heart will melt when I meet this baby. I really feel it is a boy so I know not to get my hopes up at all.

Rosie85
October 19th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Geez you ladies make me second guess my decision to find out! I am literally going crazy though not knowing.

cvd
October 19th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Geez you ladies make me second guess my decision to find out! I am literally going crazy though not knowing.

I agree! I just know I can't make it without finding out lol! I love the idea but I just don't have the patience!

NearlyDone
October 23rd, 2012, 04:19 AM
Im going to have our 1st surprise and im pretty excited about it <3

Mum23boys
October 26th, 2012, 10:49 AM
I just dont know how people can find out - Id be too nervous to know and feel GD. Id rather not know- i think the waiting not knowing and impatient feeling is always going to be better than how id feel if i didnt hear pink !! Just my opinion though and can understand why some people would rather know its just not for me.

cvd
October 26th, 2012, 10:56 AM
I just dont know how people can find out - Id be too nervous to know and feel GD. Id rather not know- i think the waiting not knowing and impatient feeling is always going to be better than how id feel if i didnt hear pink !! Just my opinion though and can understand why some people would rather know its just not for me.

And I'm the opposite of you mum! Lol I don't know how people can wait that long!!! I guess it just depends how each person feels about GD and such too. Like I know personally for me, YES we definitely want a girl this time. We talk about it ALL THE TIME and did as much as possible to increase our odds, but as long as baby is healthy we will be more then happy! So for me I am counting down the days till my gender scan :)

jennaesue
October 29th, 2012, 01:51 PM
I will be finding out. My first was a delivery room surprise, and I didn't realize until he was born how much I wanted a girl, and how much I had convinced myself that he was a girl. The whole "oh, I'll be so happy the baby is here that I won't care" thing totally didn't work for me. I had horrible postpartum depression and it took months for me to bond with him. I found out with both ds2 and ds3, and it was so much better to know beforehand and get myself prepared. I found it much better to work through the disappointment while still pregnant then have to deal with that on top of all the post-delivery hormones and exhaustion. My depression got better each time.

3boys
October 29th, 2012, 02:23 PM
I am still set on team green and we will see how long it lasts!! ;) But I have never had a surprise and I REALLY want one!! I wish i could of had a surprise where I am impartial to having either sex...... That must be amazing and I am sooo jealous of woman who genuinely don't have a preference and then have a delivery room surprise. It must be so much fun. Wish I had done that with my first!!!! Too late now. I will always be wishing for a DD (kinda takes the fun out of it).

Praying4Pink
October 29th, 2012, 03:08 PM

Mum if I had a boy and a girl and was pregnant with a third I would want the surprise. But I am OC when it comes to planning. My ONLY reason for finding out is my compulsiveness in having what I needed for the little baby. Could I in theory dress the little princess in gender neutral stuff...sure. But the whole fun of having a girl is dressing her in pink. So...I have one boy and I will definitely find out what this one is so that I will know if I need to break out my son's old clothes or have a pink party for a little girl. Now maybe if I had 3 boys...I might not want the disappointment, lol. I can see both sides of it though.

Sugaree
October 30th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Yes, as early as possible.

Wanting-a-girl
October 30th, 2012, 05:43 PM
I don't think I am going to find out this time when I get preg... I've found out with all three of my boys and the only reason I found out with my last little guy is because I thought I would be disappointed at birth if he was a boy... But even from the second they told me boy at my 17 week u/s there was not a spec of being dissapointed :) in fact I have the biggest bond with him out of any of my kids... With my other two I was really young and lived with my mom and got lots of help.. This time it was just me and I was just so ready to have a baby all to myself :) so this time even tho I desperately want a girl I think I will be happy with a healthy baby... My middle son is disabled and I just want healthy but if I don't get a girl I will have the urge to go at it again which I don't want 5 kids lol when I was young I would always say I just want three boys lol

3boys
November 10th, 2012, 03:40 AM
Well it lasted..... Five weeks ha ha ha ha. I'm going to be finding out!!! I'm too obsessed with Ultrasounds. To go team Green is going to mean not looking at any of my scans (which is impossible). I can't do it. I'm such a weak person. I'm only 8wks2days PG and I've caved already.

Violet_
November 17th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Looks like IF i get pregnant again I will be in the minority

You'll get pregnant again hun. I know it feels like you won't after a miscarriage but it WILL happen.

Btw, after 3 boys, who I admit at each of their ultrasounds I cried and for weeks afterward too, I am going to wait to meet my baby this time around. But I am in a much better place this time. But just in case I were to cry and get down and out, I want to leave it to bub is born. Plus haven't had a surprise yet, might be nice.

jark22
November 17th, 2012, 04:01 PM
I'm finding out for the same reasons Dreamingpink stated. I didn't realize how much I wanted a girl until I found out DS2 was a boy. If I had waited till his birth I would have been very sad and wouldn't have enjoyed him as much as I did. I needed the time to get excited about the idea of another boy.

Also this time- I feel a certain desperation. My mom died 6 months ago. Before she died she wrote each of us a letter. In mine she said she hoped I had a little girl one day so I could once again have a mother daughter relationship. I know if I spent the entire 40 weeks hoping with everything in me that I will get my girl....and then it turned out to be a boy I would be crushed. Not about the beautiful boy I would have- but because of the loss of any chance at a mother daughter relationship. I will need time to get over that.

Atsaukina1
November 25th, 2012, 08:42 AM
mum- I have not found out what I am having w/ the 4 that I have. I actually have never had an ultrasound either!. I do not get them unless there is something to indicate a problem and I never had so saw no reason so I am in a very big minority lol as I do not have any us pics to share lol. I am undecided if I will actually find out what I'm having now since this si the 1st time I actually swayed and tried for a certain gender. I just feel like maybe I want time to process it before babe is born ya know? My plan "if" I do is to have tech right it down so dh can tell me later at home while it's just us together. Again I don't think I will I mean it is one of the best surprises there is to actually wait and find out and I don't do baby nurserys or anything so don't "need" to know gender. I just go shopping after lo is born:)