PDA

View Full Version : When to contact the gp / midwife ?

Mum23boys
September 27th, 2012, 04:50 AM
How far along will U get before u call your doc or midwife ? Obviously I'm probably only a week gone , 3 weeks by their timing and I don't think they usually see u till your about 9-10 weeks ?

elle82
September 27th, 2012, 05:01 AM
No harm giving them a call just to see. If they are busy you could be waiting for an appointment. I'm going private in a hospital here-REALLY want the same consultant I had for my last baby so am going to make sure we ring soon and book in with her if she's still there. I'm hoping for an early scan around 8-9 weeks or so.

cvd
September 27th, 2012, 08:54 AM
I went to my doctor when I found out at 3 weeks. She just checked my blood pressure etc and gave me my paper work for the oodles of bloodwork!!! I see her again in a month for my "first prenatal" so she just said to get the bloodwork done in a couple weeks :) she was happy I came in early!

Northern_Shutterbug
September 28th, 2012, 12:28 PM
We've been meaning to change surgeries for a while so will definitely get the paperwork back to them now! Then when they say we're in, I'll get onto the midwife. No rush as they won't see me for a few weeks - but will demand an early scan as I had cysts with both boys and I keep getting a sharp pain in the same place.

aroundtheworld
October 13th, 2012, 10:33 PM
We're in the process of moving 3.5 hours north, so I will have to find a new midwife all together (which makes me sad because I absolutely adore the one I've had; she's a great friend and a wonderful care provider). I will probably interview 2-3 of them a couple of weeks after I move into our new house (which would put me at 8-9 weeks along). I typically don't even have my first prenatal until 13ish weeks anyhow.

NearlyDone
October 23rd, 2012, 04:20 AM
I usually ring around 7/8 week...make sure they have plenty of time to sort out a scan x

Atsaukina1
November 25th, 2012, 08:47 AM
i think i let my mw know i was prego and gonna be seeing her again around 15weeks. we shall see this time:) just love chatting w/ her:)