PDA

View Full Version : Care to share your favorite recipes?

Gus
February 14th, 2011, 05:11 PM
I know there was a thread here with a few but I can't find it now.

I'm trying to find new things to cook to get out of the menu rut we're in.

nuthinbutpink
February 14th, 2011, 05:21 PM
I make chicken roll-ups. You buy the round can of Pilsbury croissant rolls, chicken, 2 cans of cream of chicken soup and shredded cheese you like.

I boil the chicken and shred it. Combine with some shredded cheese in a bowl. Then, open the crescents, unroll them and in the wide part of the triangle, put a mound of the chicken and cheese mixture. Proceed to roll the croissant up like normal and place in a baking dish. I use the 9x11 glass one. After you have them all in the dish, scoop out the 2 cans of soup and spread around the rolls. Bake like the roll instructions tell you or until bread is done! Kids like it and we do too!

december
February 20th, 2011, 03:08 PM
One of our favorites is the pampered chef chicken broccoli braid recipe. So yummy!

Ingredients:
2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
1 cup broccoli, chopped
1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 garlic clove, pressed
4 oz. (1cup) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp. all-purpose dill mix
1/4 tsp. salt
2 pkgs. (8oz. each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 egg white, lightly beaten
2 tbls. slivered almonds

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375F. Chop chicken and broccoli using food chopper; place in 2 qt. batter bowl. Chop bell pepper using 5" utility knife; add to batter bowl. Press garlic over vegetable mixture using garlic press. Shred cheese using cheese grater and add to vegetable mixture; mix gently. Add mayonnaise, dill mix, and salt; mix well using scraper. Unroll 1 package of crescent dough; do not separate. Arrange longest sides of dough across width of 12" x 15" rectangle baking stone. Repeat with remaining package of dough. Using roller, roll dough to seal perforations. On longest sides of baking stone, cut dough into strips 1 1/2 inches apart, 3 inches deep using a pizza cutter (there will be 6 inches in the center for the filling). Spread filling evenly over middle of dough. To braid, lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting each strip on turn. Continue alternating strips to form a braid. Tuck ends under to seal at end of braid. Brush egg white over dough using pastry brush. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown. (I take out while light golden brown, not a fan of deep golden)