PDA

View Full Version : Lets share Name ideas !!!

Mum23boys
September 27th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Can u tell im a serial poster ? Ha ha ha

Its going to take me and DH along time - probably longer than 9 months to agree on a name so im starting my list early then ill give it him to look over and add his on but before i do that i need some ideas. Something not too popular but not too out there either.
We like names that cant be shortened too !! We already have Owen, Ellis and Liam. Need both boys and girls names.

I like Erin, Seren, Amy, Emily, Grace for a girl but grace is quite popular as is Liily Violet, Rose etc all the flower names.

Boys wise - NOTHING !! Ive always hated all boys names and we found naming our 3 boys really hard !

Love to hear your names and if i steal any for the list Ill let you know. :-)

cvd
September 27th, 2012, 04:11 PM
LOL at the serial poster thing. I am a serial replyer.
I like the name Seren! That's different :) Ours is already decided - AUBREE!

Mum23boys
September 27th, 2012, 04:16 PM
And if its a boy ????????

cvd
September 27th, 2012, 05:00 PM
And if its a boy ????????

Lol we don't talk about boy babies :) I believe in "the secret" so it's just Aubree, no boy options! Hehe!!

Mum23boys
September 27th, 2012, 05:07 PM
So basically if only pick a girl name it has to be a girl right ? Ha ha

Hobbermittens
September 27th, 2012, 05:34 PM
So basically if only pick a girl name it has to be a girl right ? Ha ha

I had a boys name picked before I was ever pregnant the first time. I just knew my first child would be a boy and his name would be Jackson, so when I was pregnant for the first time, that was the name I had waiting. We were team green, so I tried to pick a girl name, but had trouble, and we finally decided on something about 2/3 of the way into the pregnancy. I had a feeling I was having a girl, despite the fact that I had always thought I would have boys. And yes, I had a girl. She had no middle name until after she was born. So that theory didn't really work for me that first time! My next was a boy (and we didn't name him Jackson, because it had gotten super popular by then), and we thought of a boys name early on, but we had no girl name picked, not even going into the delivery room, so your theory was right that time. #3 I had a boy's name picked from the second I POAS, and I was certain it was a boy. Nope, it was DD2, and she was 2 days old before we decided on a name!

Anyway. I really only like boy names, so I can help you there. How about:

Ryan
Mason
Parker
Cooper
Duncan
Gavin
Hudson
Wyatt

Hobbermittens
September 27th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Lol we don't talk about boy babies :) I believe in "the secret" so it's just Aubree, no boy options! Hehe!!

Okay, I want to believe in the Secret, but it didn't work for me last time around! I got a girl even though I visualized a boy for months. My question is this: if you are already pregnant, at this point, it doesn't matter what you think about--right? You can't change the gender by visualizing, no matter how hard you try (believe me, I tried!). Not that you have to think about boy names! Just wondering what your opinion on all that is.

elle82
September 27th, 2012, 05:47 PM
My baby girl will be either Lara or Britney.

Cody for a boy

BUT THIS ONE IS A GIRL!!! :DD: :princess:

Cinss
September 27th, 2012, 06:10 PM
We have a girl name sorted already, Cian - it is the first 2 letters of my name and the first 2 letters of DPs name put together. I like Cullen for a boy but DP hates it becaues he knows i got it from Twilight!

cvd
September 27th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Okay, I want to believe in the Secret, but it didn't work for me last time around! I got a girl even though I visualized a boy for months. My question is this: if you are already pregnant, at this point, it doesn't matter what you think about--right? You can't change the gender by visualizing, no matter how hard you try (believe me, I tried!). Not that you have to think about boy names! Just wondering what your opinion on all that is.

Worked for my son so just going with that again. We don't feel the need to talk about boy names, we strongly feel it will be a girl. Whatever will be will be. and we didn't start using "the secret" when we got pregnant cause no of course you can't change it then. We have been talking about "Aubree" for about 8 months. Everyone has their own beliefs, I personally think there's something to it and anything that's supposed to help ill go with.

dreaminginoz
September 27th, 2012, 06:51 PM
DH and I took 6 weeks after he was born to name DS1. The name we originally choose the parentals on both sides weren't keen on so we changed it to our second favourite, but then I was at my first mothers group and someone had chosen our original name and i knew then that I wanted that name back so we changed it back!..... and DS2 took 6 months! Poor thing he had 6 different names throughout that period and even now his legal name is different to what we call him !

Ohhh love the name Cullen for a boy and Marcus is a favourite too also my friend has a son called Kelton and its really grown on me, tho i could never use it of course! but maye someone here might like it!
Girls - Layla, Illyana, Lolita, Ruby, Aaliyah, Alenna, McKenzie, Jasmine...I think we will most likely go with Illyana or Lolita when we have our girl :)

Hobbermittens
September 27th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Worked for my son so just going with that again. We don't feel the need to talk about boy names, we strongly feel it will be a girl. Whatever will be will be. and we didn't start using "the secret" when we got pregnant cause no of course you can't change it then. We have been talking about "Aubree" for about 8 months. Everyone has their own beliefs, I personally think there's something to it and anything that's supposed to help ill go with.

I wasn't trying to knock it at all; I did a lot of visualizing while trying to get pregnant and swaying (don't know if it worked yet--staying team green). I just know it didn't work for me last time around. Maybe I didn't do it enough. And my DH wasn't into it, so maybe he screwed it all up by visualizing other things? This time, I thought about baby boys, cut out pictures from magazines and made a baby boy collage, sent my thoughts and wishes out into the universe on a daily basis. I wrote out what I wanted. I did all kinds of things to try and make it work.

I hope you get your Aubree!

cvd
September 27th, 2012, 07:50 PM
I wasn't trying to knock it at all; I did a lot of visualizing while trying to get pregnant and swaying (don't know if it worked yet--staying team green). I just know it didn't work for me last time around. Maybe I didn't do it enough. And my DH wasn't into it, so maybe he screwed it all up by visualizing other things? This time, I thought about baby boys, cut out pictures from magazines and made a baby boy collage, sent my thoughts and wishes out into the universe on a daily basis. I wrote out what I wanted. I did all kinds of things to try and make it work.

I hope you get your Aubree!

I know! Only time will tell, sending you my blue dust!

Hobbermittens
September 27th, 2012, 09:09 PM
I know! Only time will tell, sending you my blue dust!

Thanks!! Please take ALL my pink dust!!

Mommyof3boys
February 2nd, 2013, 10:56 AM
How is everyone coming on their name selections.

We are thinking about Mavis (with a long a) and Rowan for a girl and Simon and Oliver for a boy. I have no idea about middle names for a boy. I kind of like Amelia for a girl as a middle or first name.

What do you all think?

Wanting-a-girl
February 2nd, 2013, 11:27 AM
I'm totally opposit even tho I do think this ones a girl I have only looked at boy names and boy thing... I don't want to plan for something I may not get and it will be easier to plan for a boy then hear girl obviously :)

I like Lennon, Emile, tobin,

bunnywabbit
February 2nd, 2013, 11:47 AM
Ever since DH and I got together, we said our names were going to be Emily Kate or Jamie William. Also like Nathan and Aiden for a boy, and Rebecca and Amy for a girl. Wondering if we'll stick to our original names, or if we'll change our minds once we meet bubba.

jennaesue
February 2nd, 2013, 12:09 PM
For a boy, I am leaning towards Charles Julian (to be called Charlie). I love Theodore (Teddy) but dh totally shot that one down :( I like to give a proper name and then have a nickname. I like Leo but I'm on the fence about it, because to me, that's the nickname for Leonard, and I don't like Leonard, but I also don't like using a nickname as the baby's name. Another name on the list is Miles. I love Julian for a middle name because my grandma's middle name was Julia.

I haven't given a great deal of thought to girl's names because I am trying not to get my hopes up that I will actually have the chance to use one. Right now, I like Iris or Margaret (Maggie) with Julia as the middle name. Margaret is the name of one of my great aunts as well as my great-grandmother, and dh's grandmother's middle name was Martha, so I feel it kind of honors that, too. The problem with Iris is I'm not sure about a nickname, and it has to have a nickname, lol. But I probably don't have to worry about it.

NearlyDone
February 2nd, 2013, 01:34 PM
Iv chosen Lila-Rose for a girl and Isaiah for a boy only prob is dh HATES Isaiah...did read Landon and thought it was nice yesterday but then said it out loud and realised it sounds like a cockny person saying London......idk im hoping he will just go with me if its a boy.and if its a girl we re set

Mommyof3boys
February 2nd, 2013, 02:49 PM
I'm totally opposit even tho I do think this ones a girl I have only looked at boy names and boy thing... I don't want to plan for something I may not get and it will be easier to plan for a boy then hear girl obviously :)

I like Lennon, Emile, tobin,

I completely understand this. I am working on just convincing myself that this is a boy so I'm ready to hear boy when it is born. We picked out a boy and girl name for each of our boys just in case though so I want to make sure we have one just in case. When I imagine this baby though I can only picture it being a boy.

Mrs_P
February 2nd, 2013, 04:31 PM
I have no idea what we will call this little one if it turns out to be a boy, we have had a girls name since we started swaying but really struggled to name ds3. In the end ds1 chose ds3's name which grew on me and now does suit him. I remember telling dh if this is another boy we'll have to christen him ds4 as i have no idea.

When we told the boys we were pregnant, two days later ds1 came home and said it will be a little boy and we should call him oliver, which i do quite like (although my head keeps singing the oliver twist thing!).

Oh well three days til we know for sure :nails:. Just in case, anyone got any nice traditional boy names

Jadis
February 2nd, 2013, 07:26 PM
For a boy, I am leaning towards Charles Julian (to be called Charlie). I love Theodore (Teddy) but dh totally shot that one down :( I like to give a proper name and then have a nickname. I like Leo but I'm on the fence about it, because to me, that's the nickname for Leonard, and I don't like Leonard, but I also don't like using a nickname as the baby's name. Another name on the list is Miles. I love Julian for a middle name because my grandma's middle name was Julia.

I haven't given a great deal of thought to girl's names because I am trying not to get my hopes up that I will actually have the chance to use one. Right now, I like Iris or Margaret (Maggie) with Julia as the middle name. Margaret is the name of one of my great aunts as well as my great-grandmother, and dh's grandmother's middle name was Martha, so I feel it kind of honors that, too. The problem with Iris is I'm not sure about a nickname, and it has to have a nickname, lol. But I probably don't have to worry about it.

Jenna-Oh my Gosh! I think you've got great taste. We're having a girl and DH and I have always wanted to name her Margaret (Maggie). It was my grandmother's name, so it's got some history but that's not why we love it. We just love the nickname 'Maggie'. If this had been our 3rd boy, I was really rooting for "Leonard" and we'd have called him either Leo or Lenny for short. Can't wait to see what you have, and which name you choose!

Mrs.P, 3 days! Eeeeek. I'm very excited about your next scan!

AndreaOD
February 3rd, 2013, 03:30 AM
I really have a hard time with boy names!! Im originally from hungary and hubby is irish so we wanted to find name which have in both countries and we like it too... not easy lol. Ds1 is Patrick I really like this name. When we found out Ds2 is a boy I really had a hard time finding a name I like.. about weeks before due date finally decided on Mark :) Its suits him really good. With girl names I find it much easier I have a couple which i really like, but my favorite is Emily, so if I ever will have a daughter thats going to be her name. But also like Lilly, Millie, Leanne, Grace, Molly, the list is endless lol. If we have another boy I really have no idea for name lol I dont really like any, but Jack isnt too bad. I cant even make up a list which to choose from as I dont like any lol
I asked hubby yesterday if he was thinking about names yet.. he said NOOO and not for another couple of months grr he thinks its too early :worry:

Mum23boys
February 3rd, 2013, 02:20 PM
We have 10 girls names we both LOVE and not one single boys name !!
We were thinking James ( hubby and his dads and his great grandads name ) I hate it but after 3 boys already maybe i should just give in !! ha ha
Jacob ( dh doesnt like Jake )
Other than that there is nothing - we really really struggled with all 3 boys names and this one will be no different.

jennaesue
February 3rd, 2013, 02:57 PM
We have 10 girls names we both LOVE and not one single boys name !!
We were thinking James ( hubby and his dads and his great grandads name ) I hate it but after 3 boys already maybe i should just give in !! ha ha
Jacob ( dh doesnt like Jake )
Other than that there is nothing - we really really struggled with all 3 boys names and this one will be no different.

Have you thought about calling him Jamie? My ds3 is James, but we call him Jamie and I love it!

Mum23boys
February 3rd, 2013, 03:49 PM
Jamie was my ex before my husband whom I was with for 10 years so I dont think that would go down too well as a suggestion :-)

Atsaukina1
February 3rd, 2013, 03:50 PM
uggg i don't like most boy names either and should really start thinking as our last 2 didn't have a name for a week+ after they were born lol

Jadis
February 3rd, 2013, 04:01 PM
Mrs.P, what's your girl's name? You said you've had a girls name set aside since you began swaying, I'm just curious-what is it?

Mrs_P
February 3rd, 2013, 04:27 PM
I like James and its cute he'd be named after his dad (hopefully its a girl and it won't be needed) but if not why not consider it for a middle name, make him happy.

I like James Henry but my SIL named her little boy Jamie so not something we could use now

Mrs_P
February 3rd, 2013, 04:28 PM
ps what are your girl names mum23?

jennaesue
February 3rd, 2013, 05:52 PM
Jamie was my ex before my husband whom I was with for 10 years so I dont think that would go down too well as a suggestion :-)

Well, there goes that idea!

jennaesue
February 3rd, 2013, 05:53 PM
I like James and its cute he'd be named after his dad (hopefully its a girl and it won't be needed) but if not why not consider it for a middle name, make him happy.

I like James Henry but my SIL named her little boy Jamie so not something we could use now

Just had to share, my ds1 is Henry James, and we like James so much (plus it's my dad's name and dh's grandfather's name) that we named ds3 James Conor.

Mum23boys
February 4th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Think Jacob and Joshua ( Josh ) are top of my list today :-)

weeziewoozles
February 8th, 2013, 02:26 AM

I have a Miles and everyone's always saying what a nice and unusual name it is. He was easy to name. We had a shortlist and then ignored it till the gender scan. Then I said to DH have you been thinking of any of the names and he said yes one in particular. I said Me too! Luckily it was the same name! DS2 was trickier. I wrote a shortlist again but DH wasn't too impressed by it so I just left it hanging there. By the time he arrived he was either Elliott or Jasper and we thought he looked like an Elliott. So if we have a boy we think we'll stick with Jasper. Our girl name Penelope (Penny) we've had since our early dating days! And we've got one ready for DD2 of Darcy. Fingers crossed we get to meet them both! :)

hopingforsaskia
February 8th, 2013, 03:36 AM
I have only now settled on a boys name.. I'll tell you all, but in real life it will be a secret! ;)

Byron Thomas. :)

We already have - in case you're on your phone and can't see my siggie - Eli Reeve and Sullivan Cole. I LOVED both of their names and had them picked very early on. This time around was tricky.. I really didn't have another boys name in mind, and it has taken til now of deliberating and brain storming to get to a name we both really do like. :)

I have an extra name for a girl, in case Saskia doesn't seem right, and that's Aveline. It's a really really girly princessy kind of name as opposed to the bold brazen nature of Saskia. Although.. Any child of ours is far more likely to be a "Sassy" than a plumb in her mouth "Aveline".. ;)

Mum23boys
February 8th, 2013, 04:33 AM
I have a Miles and everyone's always saying what a nice and unusual name it is. He was easy to name. We had a shortlist and then ignored it till the gender scan. Then I said to DH have you been thinking of any of the names and he said yes one in particular. I said Me too! Luckily it was the same name! DS2 was trickier. I wrote a shortlist again but DH wasn't too impressed by it so I just left it hanging there. By the time he arrived he was either Elliott or Jasper and we thought he looked like an Elliott. So if we have a boy we think we'll stick with Jasper. Our girl name Penelope (Penny) we've had since our early dating days! And we've got one ready for DD2 of Darcy. Fingers crossed we get to meet them both! :)

I LOVE elliott and Jasper but Elliot is too close to Ellis our middle son and I have inded a jasper for 3 years now so would be odd naming him after another child that is with me24-7.

Mum23boys
February 8th, 2013, 04:34 AM
I am also liking Dylan today

wildlauren
February 8th, 2013, 04:37 AM
Hi All,
I'm doing the same as a few of you-concentrating on boy's names so that I'm more prepared if the next one turns out to be a boy. We had a hard time finding any boy's names that we both liked with DS1. We knew he would have Steven as a middle name as that's his dad's name and our surname is Wild so we have to think carefully about what goes with that. We heard Blake and that was the one with no going back. It suits him so well and am so pleased we found it-it's not too popular in the UK yet and we liked it as it couldn't be shortened. His dad grew up just being called by his surname anyway .
We like unusual names that aren't too crazy IYKWIM. I also like posher sounding names so I love your names Hopingforsaskia and really am hoping for Byron myself.We also like Raiden, Spencer and Sebastian, Max, Finn and Riley. Although I'm not sure if Max Wild or Riley Wild would be great or not.
On the girl's side we have a few bounding around but not focussing on them in case of GD. Possibly have my middle name which is Elise and then we love Aria, Arianna, Alyssia, Izabella, Violet, Arabella, Amelia etc. I really like very girly names.
It's so hard-there are so many girl names I love and so few boy's names that I would even consider. I'm just so hoping the next one is a girl but I think finding the right boy's name would make hearing 'boy' much easier at the gender scan....only ttc atm so getting way ahead of myself already!

wildlauren
February 8th, 2013, 04:39 AM
Mum23boys, my sister in law just called her son Dylan and it's a lovely name. I used to be a speech therapist for kids and they almost all had behavioural issues too and were mostly boys-it has put me off so many boy's names! Never had a Dylan though ;)

Mum23boys
February 12th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Im liking Elliott today what do u think ?

Mommyof3boys
February 12th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Mum23Boys I like Dylan and Elliot. Our Ds1 is named Dylan. It is a fairly common name here now. It wasn't when we named him though which is why we picked it. Most people assume it is spelled Dillon here so we are always correcting people on the spelling which is really wierd because most of the Dylan's we have ran across are spelled Dylan.

weeziewoozles
February 12th, 2013, 07:45 AM
I have an Elliott and I love the name! I love that it's not very common and that it doesn't have an obvious shortening.

Mum23boys
February 12th, 2013, 08:06 AM
yOU DONT THINK ITS TOO CLOSE TO eLLIS THOUGH ?

Owen Ellis Liam and Elliott ?

weeziewoozles
February 12th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Hmmmm tricky. Not sure. It might be x

Mum23boys
February 12th, 2013, 08:16 AM
OMG Im actually sat here saying both outloud as if im calling them for dinner !!! ha ha I am mad !!

jennaesue
February 12th, 2013, 08:33 AM
yOU DONT THINK ITS TOO CLOSE TO eLLIS THOUGH ?

Owen Ellis Liam and Elliott ?

Yeah, I think Ellis and Elliot are too similar. I have a Henry and a Benjamin, and in retrospect, the whole "Hen" "Ben" thing is too much of the "en" sound. Add in that I'm Jennifer (sometimes called "Jen") and it's a little crazy. I have a rule now - now "en" names!