PDA

View Full Version : Should I test with my Internet Cheapie or FRER tomorrow?

Navywife620
September 27th, 2012, 08:42 PM
This is my first time using IC's.. with your experience were IC's the same as the FRER? They claim to be 20 muI and FRER says 25... I will be 9dpo.

bythestream
September 27th, 2012, 08:55 PM
That's a hard one, the FRER would probably have greater chance of success but both still might be negative at 9dpo and you might be annoyed at using your FRER so early. If it was me I would use the IC and then if I saw a faint positive use the FRER to confirm

Shellbelle
September 27th, 2012, 09:00 PM
I have had bad luck with the ICs -- lines that look positive when other tests say negative, etc. This time, I got what I thought was an evap line on an IC at 10dpo and then a real, solid line on a FRER on the same day, and my ICs were the 10miu ones. You might regret using an FRER, but I still think they're more reliable.

Cinss
September 27th, 2012, 09:01 PM
You will probably want to use the IC first, if its negative wait a couple of days and use the frer.

Navywife620
September 27th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Thanks ladies!! I'll use the ICs first then go from there. I definitely don't want to waste a FRER

Butterfly Spirit
September 27th, 2012, 11:32 PM
I would go cheapy!

sweetpea
September 27th, 2012, 11:38 PM
I agree with everyone above - use the IC first, and if positive, confirm with the FRER. That's what I did. I always go nuts with the cheapie tests first before potentially wasting the more expensive FRER's. :agree:

Oh and FWIW, I have both the 10miu and the 20miu IC's. I personally think the 10miu ones suck. The website I got them from even has a little disclaimer saying that they don't think the 10miu's are their most reliable tests, and they recommend the 20miu ones. I get MUCH better results using the 20miu IC's over the 10miu ones. Just wanted to throw that out there! ;)

Mum23boys
October 6th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Hmmmm that last post made so much sense to me - NOT !!! HA HA

I would defo use the IC first chick but remember 9dpo is still REALLY early. Id wait till 10-11 atleast if you can. I got my + at 10 11 and 12dpo and by 14 dpo it was negative :-( Just hate to see anyone else test early and go through the same