PDA

View Full Version : The best time to start

Zivic-Bubac
September 28th, 2012, 09:29 AM
My baby is 4 weeks old and all I can think about is my next sway :p

I'll start trying in spring 2014 ( seems like a life time) but I wanted to ask when would be the best time to start with diet, supps, excercises etc.

I want my body to be in the best possible condition for my 1st attempt, so maybe 3 months prior to attempt?
Or maybe just to start weights few months earlier and save the supps for later?

How soon before the attempt did you start with sway and had your desired gender?

I'll be 42 in 2014 :(

dloui128
September 28th, 2012, 10:02 AM
I started weight training 6 months prior to my sway, and then the supps I started the first cycle I tried. It took 4 months to get my BFP so I was on the supps for 4 months and working out for almost a year before I got my BFP.

The Anchor
September 28th, 2012, 01:11 PM
I swayed for egg health/fertility this time around, Atomic says to start all the supps around 3 months prior to attempt, since it takes 90 days for an egg to mature.

Hobbermittens
September 28th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Given your age, ZB, is it possible to start earlier? Could you start in a few months?

Zivic-Bubac
September 28th, 2012, 02:59 PM
I was on the supps for 4 months and working out for almost a year before I got my BFP.

Hey dloui! :)
Can you tell me more about your working out routine? Did you work out every day or twice a day? Also how long: 30 minutes, longer, shorter?

I hate to work out and I know nothing. I did some sort of weights every other day, but I guess it wasn't enough. Generally I had no idea how it should look like :worry:
Excercise is my weakest link :worry:

Zivic-Bubac
September 28th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Given your age, ZB, is it possible to start earlier? Could you start in a few months?I prefer bigger age gaps ( which is obvious lol), I (think) I wouldn't be able to handle newborn and and a big baby of 15-16 months.
Also we live in a small apartment, so space is an issue :worry: I like my babies to be in my and DH's bedroom until they are 3 yo.
DD2 is starting school in 2 years so I want to be completely present for her, at least for the 1st semester.

Now that I'm reading this, it's not much of a reasons....Idk what to do, maybe I'll start a bit earlier....

I would like to hear more opinions, bcos irl I have nobody to discuss it with.

Hobbermittens
September 28th, 2012, 03:30 PM
My only concern is that time isn't on your side. I am 39, so I know how it is. I was lucky and got pregnant easily at my age, but I think it gets harder the older you are. Then again, wasn't Atomic 40 or 41 when she got pregnant with her baby? Also, the risks go up the older you are. Still, I know a few people who got pregnant and had perfectly healthy babies (BOYS!) at 40. Maybe look into the over 35 swayers thread (maybe you already have) and see who is pregnant at what age there, how hard it was, etc.

We have DD2 in our room and will be adding a baby in a few days, so we will have 2 kids in our room for a while! You just do what you have to do to make things work. You will be okay with a toddler and a baby! If that is how it has to happen, you will be fine. :)

Yuzu
September 28th, 2012, 03:37 PM
ZB, I know it will be hard to have two closer together, but as Hobber says time really isn't on our sides. You know I'm 44 and I'm pregnant with my little guy--even though I hate the idea of having one baby right on top of the other I think I am going to wait only 6 months before trying again (probably HT). I just don't think I have a choice.

deaks66
September 28th, 2012, 03:40 PM
ZB, I know it will be hard to have two closer together, but as Hobber says time really isn't on our sides. You know I'm 44 and I'm pregnant with my little guy--even though I hate the idea of having one baby right on top of the other I think I am going to wait only 6 months before trying again (probably HT). I just don't think I have a choice.

Yuzu, i am the same, going to dive straight into baby number 4 when ds3 is 6 months old... come on zivic, you can do it!

dloui128
September 28th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Hey dloui! :)
Can you tell me more about your working out routine? Did you work out every day or twice a day? Also how long: 30 minutes, longer, shorter?

I hate to work out and I know nothing. I did some sort of weights every other day, but I guess it wasn't enough. Generally I had no idea how it should look like :worry:
Excercise is my weakest link :worry:

I exercised 3 times a week for 30 minutes each time. I did only weights no cardio, so things like squats and lunges, curls, pushups bench presses stuff like that.

On a side note my girls are 17 months apart and they are super close I wish I didn't wait so long for my 3rd because I like how close they are

myGirl
September 28th, 2012, 04:27 PM
As a mom who just turned 41, I my advice is to start earlier. I have been TTC since March and I fear it may never happen. I am kicking myself for not starting earlier.

On the other hand, you've just had a baby and you have proven recent fertility (I last had a baby 9 years ago!!) I have noticed that older moms who were pregnant more recently get pg faster. Also you will sway boy which will only increase your fertility further.

Overall though, it usually takes longer to get pregnant over 40. And Atomic always says, you never know when it will be the last fresh egg in the carton :) You might want to start trying earlier and plan on it taking 6-12 months to achieve pregnancy, and that will pretty much mean you get pregnant right when you wanted to anyway.

I'm sending you every bit of blue dust I have!!!:HH:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zivic-Bubac
September 28th, 2012, 04:30 PM
come on zivic, you can do it!Ha, ha lots of peer pressure ;)

Zivic-Bubac
September 28th, 2012, 04:36 PM
I have been TTC since March and I fear it may never happen.

It took me over a year to conceive this baby. I was bummed bcos my 1st pregnancy was an oops ( ended up in m/c), DD1 was 'non-fertile day'....right....DD2 ( finally planned baby ;)) was 1st attempt succses, so I thought this was going to be walking through the park. But it wasn't, it was super frustrating.
I knew I'll get pg eventually, but I wanted it sooner then later.

You have 3 kids already, so don't worry, it will happen, just like it happened before :agree:

Zivic-Bubac
September 28th, 2012, 04:39 PM
You might want to start trying earlier and plan on it taking 6-12 months to achieve pregnancy, and that will pretty much mean you get pregnant right when you wanted to anyway.

I'm sending you every bit of blue dust I have!!!:HH:

Yes, you're probably right :think:
Thank you for blue dust! If we could only exchange it, my pink dust for your blue :)

Zivic-Bubac
September 28th, 2012, 04:45 PM
We have DD2 in our room and will be adding a baby in a few days, so we will have 2 kids in our room for a while!
I will be glad to add a new baby in our room, but there is no space, we had hard time to squeeze this baby in. I'll send you a pic in a private message.

I personally know a woman who had a boy 6 -7 months ago, she is 3 years older then me (1969). It's her 1st ( and probably last child) But she has some testosterone issues ( facial hair, although it would be more appropriate to call that a beard and moustache).

myGirl
September 28th, 2012, 06:56 PM
You have 3 kids already, so don't worry, it will happen, just like it happened before :agree:

Aw, thanks ZB!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
September 29th, 2012, 01:25 PM
I'd start weights as soon as it's possible. I'd also be taking a good quality multivitamin and fish oil/DHA and eating a lot of healthy fats and colorful fruits and vegetables.

I'd save the rest for closer to your sway, altho I'd def. be avoiding artificial sweetener and not smoking!!

Also, I would make sure your husband is also taking a good multivitamn and fish oil or DHA, wearing boxers, and avoiding harmful chemicals like pesticides, cigarette smoke, for as long as possible in advance of yoru sway.

atomic sagebrush
September 29th, 2012, 01:28 PM
It took me over a year to conceive this baby. I was bummed bcos my 1st pregnancy was an oops ( ended up in m/c), DD1 was 'non-fertile day'....right....DD2 ( finally planned baby ;)) was 1st attempt succses, so I thought this was going to be walking through the park. But it wasn't, it was super frustrating.
I knew I'll get pg eventually, but I wanted it sooner then later.

But at first you were doing a more IG style sway and doing some things that didn't favor conception like timing and BSD. Some of those months don't even count!!!

atomic sagebrush
September 29th, 2012, 01:29 PM
My only concern is that time isn't on your side. I am 39, so I know how it is. I was lucky and got pregnant easily at my age, but I think it gets harder the older you are. Then again, wasn't Atomic 40 or 41 when she got pregnant with her baby? Also, the risks go up the older you are. Still, I know a few people who got pregnant and had perfectly healthy babies (BOYS!) at 40. Maybe look into the over 35 swayers thread (maybe you already have) and see who is pregnant at what age there, how hard it was, etc.

We have DD2 in our room and will be adding a baby in a few days, so we will have 2 kids in our room for a while! You just do what you have to do to make things work. You will be okay with a toddler and a baby! If that is how it has to happen, you will be fine. :)

I was 41 and a half! And luv4boys had her boy right around her 42nd birthday. It is possible. I know a lady who is well along in pregnancy at 46 and everything is perfectly normal.

atomic sagebrush
September 29th, 2012, 01:34 PM
I actually LOVE my closer age gap. With my first two sons I thought a big age gap would be good and waited 3 1/2 years and they never played well together. My second two are less than a year apart and while that first month or two was hard, it got a lot easier because they are able to play together a lot.

Zivic-Bubac
September 29th, 2012, 02:04 PM
But at first you were doing a more IG style sway and doing some things that didn't favor conception like timing and BSD. Some of those months don't even count!!!

Thank you!!!! :) That sounds much better!

Zivic-Bubac
September 29th, 2012, 02:11 PM
I'd start weights as soon as it's possible. I'd also be taking a good quality multivitamin and fish oil/DHA and eating a lot of healthy fats and colorful fruits and vegetables.

I'd save the rest for closer to your sway, altho I'd def. be avoiding artificial sweetener and not smoking!!

Also, I would make sure your husband is also taking a good multivitamn and fish oil or DHA, wearing boxers, and avoiding harmful chemicals like pesticides, cigarette smoke, for as long as possible in advance of yoru sway.
Thanks Atomic!

I don't smoke and never did, neither is DH. I also never drink any alcohol, DH occasionally drinks a bear or two. We are very straight when it comes to that :bigsmile:
I'm going to order personal sway plan closer to my attempt. In the meantime I'll buy a good DVD with weights, because I'm clueless when it comes to that. So far I've found 3 mistakes in my sway:

1. not enough exercise
2. didn't take vit. D3
3. didn't use PreSeed

deaks66
September 29th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Zivic, i am absolutely convinced preseed got me 2 of my boys!! I didn't even need it... total fertile cm overload!!

dloui128
September 29th, 2012, 05:06 PM
I exercised 3 times a week for 30 minutes each time. I did only weights no cardio, so things like squats and lunges, curls, pushups bench presses stuff like that.

On a side note my girls are 17 months apart and they are super close I wish I didn't wait so long for my 3rd because I like how close they are

I also wanted to say DH was doing weight training with me also, I don't know if it helped my sway or not

n710
October 3rd, 2012, 10:23 AM
ZB-
I do the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I love it because I have very young LO's and it is only 20 min. I do it f days a week.

All of mine are between 16 months and 22 months apart. We wanted them close though. There are pros and cons for close and waiting and since you haven't tried two kids close together yet you may actually find you like some of the pros (playing together, similar interests/abilities at same time, no jealously because they don't remember the younger one not being there, etc.)

So my youngest is 6/7 months and we are trying this month. I started the supps in June so 4 months. DH forgot his supps half the time. I started the diet loosely in June and then more hardcore in August and started to put on weight in Sept.

BabyCakesTor
October 4th, 2012, 12:13 AM
My DS3 will be 20 months when I TTC:nails: DS1 is 12 1/2 and DS2 is 9

Mrs_Incredible
October 20th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Hi, l'm 37 and will be ttc in dec/jan when ds3 is 18 months (that is scary written down!). He was an ig sway that was dropped on cycle 11. My other boys are almost 9 and 5.

ELP
October 20th, 2012, 05:27 AM
I will be glad to add a new baby in our room, but there is no space, we had hard time to squeeze this baby in. I'll send you a pic in a private message.
ZB, I have 3 in my very small room, it saves on heating bills!!:bigsmile:

I personally know a woman who had a boy 6 -7 months ago, she is 3 years older then me (1969). It's her 1st ( and probably last child) But she has some testosterone issues ( facial hair, although it would be more appropriate to call that a beard and moustache).:rofl::rofl:You crack me up ZB!!!!!!!:bigsmile:

atomic sagebrush
October 27th, 2012, 11:49 AM
My DS3 will be 20 months when I TTC:nails: DS1 is 12 1/2 and DS2 is 9

Don't read too much into it - I do think close spacing can help, but I got a boy with 20 month age diff. and then my girl with 2 1/2 years age diff.