PDA

View Full Version : repHresh question (asked in separate thread)

jd03pd
February 14th, 2011, 11:18 PM
I asked this in the Replens/RepHresh guide, but I decided to post it here:
Can't you use RePHresh with O+12 if you were to use it just to keep pH low? For example, once I would get a positive OPK, I could use the RePHresh, and then do my O+12 attempt when it was time? Would this work or no? I'm thinking of doing this just to keep pH low, especially if using an application of it lasts for 3 days!

Another princess
February 15th, 2011, 12:23 AM
I asked this in the Replens/RepHresh guide, but I decided to post it here:
Can't you use RePHresh with O+12 if you were to use it just to keep pH low? For example, once I would get a positive OPK, I could use the RePHresh, and then do my O+12 attempt when it was time? Would this work or no? I'm thinking of doing this just to keep pH low, especially if using an application of it lasts for 3 days!

I cant see why not! Think Atomic suggested to use Replens or Aci-jel for O+12 instead cause repHresh may take longer to work i.e lower ph, however if you are using it in the days leading up to ovulation - such as maybe every 3 days from end of AF then i think it would work just as well as if used for a cut off. I am so undecided what to use now. i have a tube of aci-jel but now am questioning if i should use the repHresh instead. I like the idea that it reduces the ph of everything it comes into contact with, including semen, however i cant get it out of my head that Aci jel is supposed to be the 'magic stuff'. How is your sway plan coming on? I remember you frm IG gold forum. Think we asked a few similar questions and plan on ttc at similar time.

mkarntz1980
February 15th, 2011, 01:17 AM
princess,

Im really undecided to....the rephresh is really keeping my ph down....but acijel is supposed to be "the best"for TTC girl, ugh not sure what to do now. Maybe before BD mix a little rephresh with acijel? I have no clue

atomic sagebrush
February 15th, 2011, 09:48 AM
DO NOT mix RepHresh with Acijel. The RepHresh will react with the low pH of the Acijel and actually RAISE pH. The thing that supposedly makes Acijel so great is that it has acetic acid in it - but RepHresh ALSO has acetic acid. (Replens and Sylk do not have it.)

The reasoning I have for not using RepHresh with O+12 is, since I don't know how long RepHresh takes to lower semen pH, IF you have ovulated and the egg is there "calling" to the sperm, the sperm will immediately try to get to the egg rather than hanging around the cervical crypts waiting, as they would with a cutoff, and may not have enough time to be affected by the pH of the RepHresh. (I don't personally believe that low pH infiltrates the uterus and Fallopian tubes.)

This could very well be a case of me being overly conservative and it may not matter at all. The RepHresh may act immediately and/or the sperm may take a few minutes to make it out of the RepHresh. I just want to err on the side of "giving the RepHresh enough time to lower semen pH".

atomic sagebrush
February 15th, 2011, 09:51 AM
princess,

Im really undecided to....the rephresh is really keeping my ph down....but acijel is supposed to be "the best"for TTC girl, ugh not sure what to do now. Maybe before BD mix a little rephresh with acijel? I have no clue

I answered this above but I wanted to jump up and down to get your attention LOL. DO NOT mix RepHresh with Acijel!!! The RepHresh will react with the low pH of the Acijel and RAISE pH. The good thing about Acijel (the reason why it is "better" than Replens) is that it has acetic acid which some studies have indicated may sway strongly pink. BUT - RepHresh ALSO has acetic acid!!!

If RepHresh is working for you, I would stick with it. I think RepHresh is the best choice for swaying because it keeps reacting chemically for up to three days AND it also has the acetic acid in it.