PDA

View Full Version : Genesis twins. Opinions please (the truth not just to make me feel better, I need to prepare myself!

stargazer
September 30th, 2012, 10:36 AM

Opinions please.
One measured 12 + 1 the other 11 + 5

Thanks in advance x

secretly sad
September 30th, 2012, 12:17 PM
I honestly can't see a nub in any of the photos. I know you are frightened about the gender but I really think you have nothing to worry about. Try and relax, you will be fine xxxx

nuthinbutpink
September 30th, 2012, 12:48 PM
The nub area is not seen. Sorry. I'm sure they are your girls. Lightning cannot strike twice.

stargazer
September 30th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Ok thanks lovelies x

Northern_Shutterbug
September 30th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Just a question - were they both 'created' at the same time and put back at the same time?

If so, then have they given you any indication as to why they have different dates? My scanner said that EVERY baby measures EXACTLY the same up until 16 weeks but I've always known the earliest I could have conceived and they've said I conceived before that!

nuthinbutpink
September 30th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Just a question - were they both 'created' at the same time and put back at the same time?

If so, then have they given you any indication as to why they have different dates? My scanner said that EVERY baby measures EXACTLY the same up until 16 weeks but I've always known the earliest I could have conceived and they've said I conceived before that!

What??? Every baby measures the same? That's just not accurate at all! Every baby is different and there is a range of what is normal for each gestation. I would expect them to be different. Maybe you misunderstood.

Northern_Shutterbug
September 30th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Nope, they said they could give exact conception date as up until 16 weeks each baby has the same femur length, head circumference and abdominal size.

atomic sagebrush
September 30th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Nope, they said they could give exact conception date as up until 16 weeks each baby has the same femur length, head circumference and abdominal size.

That is what I was told too.

nuthinbutpink
September 30th, 2012, 02:46 PM
So how do they come up with the different dates we see then? We get early measurements with the heartbeat u/s and they are all different

HopingForPigtails
September 30th, 2012, 02:49 PM
I'm with NBP. Everyone I know who has had twins (as well women on this board) had twins measuring different from the get go. Like NBP said, every child is different- especially fraternal twins with separate placentas, etc- it would be almost freakish to have them grow at the exact same rate?? Identical twins maybe, but not fraternal!!

nuthinbutpink
September 30th, 2012, 02:53 PM
The measurement from the original poster is the crown to rump length and those are different. That's all they measure in the first trimester. They are all different.

Mrs_P
September 30th, 2012, 04:15 PM

Yeah thats a load of rubbish, i knew with ds3 to the day when he was conceived (we'd only dtd once that month and it was the night before opk+ next am (bad attempt at a cut off). Anyway tech said measurements are never wrong, i asked if maybe he was just big for the dates, she said not possible they all grow at the same rate thats why dating is so accurate). She moved my dates back by 7 days and guess what???? He was 8 days late

stargazer
October 1st, 2012, 04:40 AM
Nbp is right, they just grow at ever so slightly different rates. Web I had my get scan twin 2 sac was 3 times the size of twin 1. Twin one is slowly catching up. Nothing in nature is ever 'perfect '

Inglewood
October 16th, 2012, 05:05 PM
When I had a scan at almost 7wks, twin 2 didn't have a heartbeat yet, so they told me it was a singleton pg. At my 12 wks scan there was almost a week between them in dates, but the girls were born at 35+5 at 5lbs 14 and 6lbs, so they caught up!! Good luck, Twins are amazing!! x

love-my-kids
October 16th, 2012, 05:38 PM
leaning boy on both. not the best pics though. gl!!!! congrats!!!

Petal
October 16th, 2012, 05:42 PM
They are your girls hun :-))) x

secretly sad
October 17th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Absolutely girls, please don't be worrying. Pink bundles coming your way! X

spinningmadly
October 18th, 2012, 04:42 PM
I'm with Nbp, I was told that with my kids and that Ds1 was small and they wanted to move his dates etc. he is his a skinny kid. Ds2 was measuring ahead the whole time and I knew right when I ovulated . I think it's silly they think all babies grow exactly the same, the peri made a point to tell me last week when I schedule my next appt to make a point to do it towards the end of 11 weeks , closer to 12 since all babies grow and develop at different paces.

Inglewood
November 4th, 2012, 05:05 PM
When will u find out? x

Kijoja
November 5th, 2012, 03:43 AM
Can't see the nub, but :fx: for two healthy, beautiful babygirls!