PDA

View Full Version : For those who had a Chemical?

Navywife620
September 30th, 2012, 05:39 PM
How long did your bleeding last? Did it just go straight into AF? and when did your pregnancy tests go back to negative?

bythestream
September 30th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Sorry to here about your chemical
I had one last month at 5 weeks, I went to the doctor because I had booked in to go that day anyway. She sent me for a scan to check everything out and a blood test to measure my hcg. The scan showed nothing there and my hcg was at 9. I bled heavy for 3 days then spotting for the next 4. It wasn't really like a period more like the bleeding after birth but not for as long. I had another hcg blood test a week later to confirm it had gone back to 0 and another scan 2 weeks after just to check it wasn't ectopic.
Everything was fine for me to try again this month and Im in the 2ww now. I hope everything goes back to normal for you quickly.

Navywife620
September 30th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Sorry to here about your chemical
I had one last month at 5 weeks, I went to the doctor because I had booked in to go that day anyway. She sent me for a scan to check everything out and a blood test to measure my hcg. The scan showed nothing there and my hcg was at 9. I bled heavy for 3 days then spotting for the next 4. It wasn't really like a period more like the bleeding after birth but not for as long. I had another hcg blood test a week later to confirm it had gone back to 0 and another scan 2 weeks after just to check it wasn't ectopic.
Everything was fine for me to try again this month and Im in the 2ww now. I hope everything goes back to normal for you quickly.

Thanks for your advice.. see my boobs are still sore.. i am bleeding but it isn't that heavy but very red and dark. It mainly comes out when I go to the bathroom. I did have very bad cramping earlier today but it is settling down now. I haven't called my doctor because I have only gotten faint positives and I am really only 11 dpo today.. I am due for my period on wednesday.

mydream
September 30th, 2012, 06:31 PM
I had a chemical.. Started bleeding like 2-3 days after got a BFP... Bled for about 5 days and tried again right away the following cycle and got my little pink bean!!!

OnlyPraying
September 30th, 2012, 06:44 PM
sorry hun...I have had 2 chemicals this year, both BFPs got negative within 2 days and had a painful and heavy period after that. It shall pass, be strong sweety..lotsa PTs coming your way :pray:

Navywife620
October 1st, 2012, 10:29 AM
Thanks ladies!! it's definitely not fun. One question did the chemicals make you ovulate sooner?

OnlyPraying
October 4th, 2012, 07:20 AM
sorry just seeing this...No, for me it was the opposite! I ovulated much later next cycle...Hope that helps

fresas
October 4th, 2012, 06:14 PM
I didn't have a chemical, but had an early miscarriage (5 weeks). My bleeding lasted about 5 days and ovulated roughly 2.5 weeks later just like a regular cycle except that the pregnancy symptoms took a while to go away because the hcG was still really high. I'm really sorry about your loss/chemical. :(