PDA

View Full Version : October Chit Chat for Ladies Due in Sept/Oct/Nov

Pages : [1] 2

Mochagirl
October 1st, 2012, 12:26 PM
Wow - October already?? I can't believe how many of us have had their babies and so many of them early!

fivebabies
October 1st, 2012, 01:29 PM
Woohoo! It's October! I can finally say that "I'll have my baby next month"! lol. That still seems sooooo far away. :(

pinkin2011
October 1st, 2012, 06:16 PM
Hi Everyone! Cant believe its nearly christmas actually!!!!! This year has Flown on by.

dloui128
October 1st, 2012, 09:00 PM
I can't wait for December!!!

Hobber any news?

dloui128
October 1st, 2012, 09:01 PM
Hi Everyone! Cant believe its nearly christmas actually!!!!! This year has Flown on by.

Pinkin you're going to have you baby next week how exciting!!!!

pinkin2011
October 1st, 2012, 09:31 PM
I know!!! I am Terrified!!!!

auroara78
October 2nd, 2012, 08:02 AM
so exciting, pinkin!! you'll be holding your little boy before you know it!!

hobbers, am thinking about you and can't wait to read your updated post! have a great and speedy labor and delivery!

pinkin2011
October 2nd, 2012, 08:08 AM
Auroara , I cant believe Lillian is 4 weeks old already!!! That has gone super fast!

auroara78
October 2nd, 2012, 08:11 AM
I know! I can't believe it either... time needs to stop for a bit so I can enjoy the newborn stage for longer....

ladybug
October 2nd, 2012, 11:45 AM
I cant believe its Oct already!!! Time is going so fast..My oldest just turned 6 on the 1st.....I will be having baby girl next month!!!! Nov 18-23....I cant believe it!

Pinkin- So exciting you will be holding your newest precious boy next week...Yay!!!

Any news on Hobber yet? I keep checking back...I really hope she is holding her son now...

Aurora- I cant believe Lilly is already 4 weeks old.....time is going way too fast....I know what you mean about wanting to enjoy the newborn stage, thats my plan this time too since this is my last baby

I have b een trying to everything ready for thanksgiving, my sons birthday and Christmas.....I totally over did it and now I have a hard time getting around....my back kills....I had an U/S last week and baby girl is measuring only 3 days ahead and is head down already...Thats good since I have gest. Diabetes....I am having another section away but my OB seemed pleased....everyone says I dropped already....I hope she stays put until my planned section....I have everything arranged for then....My MIL is flying in on Nov 17....if she comes early I have NO help....

Cant wait to hear about Hobber!!!

dloui128
October 2nd, 2012, 04:41 PM
Hobber I am anxiously awaiting your news, can't wait :)

Mochagirl
October 2nd, 2012, 04:54 PM
Hobber I am anxiously awaiting your news, can't wait :)

I know! I'm stalking like crazy! Anyone have her on FB? She might update there first...

auroara78
October 2nd, 2012, 07:22 PM
stalking for a Hobbers update :)

Myloves
October 2nd, 2012, 08:12 PM
Stalking along with you Auroara!

ladybug
October 2nd, 2012, 08:27 PM
I'm stalking too :)

fivebabies
October 2nd, 2012, 08:43 PM
Hopefully she's holding her sweet baby! :) Check in soon Hobber!

laughinglynxie
October 2nd, 2012, 10:26 PM
We're all so antsy for her!!

TTC5
October 3rd, 2012, 02:42 AM
Stalking Hobbers too!

Wish Flava would drop by too :( Would love to hear how her little boy is going.

Butterfly Spirit
October 3rd, 2012, 02:45 AM
UPDATE Hobber! ..Waiting with baited breath here!!! ;)

pinkin2011
October 3rd, 2012, 03:11 AM
Has Flava had her baby??

dloui128
October 3rd, 2012, 07:38 AM
Has Flava had her baby??

I don't think Flava is due until Mid November

pinkin2011
October 3rd, 2012, 07:49 AM
OHH ok.... Gosh Hobb!!!! I cant wait to hear your news.

I cant stop eating today I am so so hungry.. I just polished off a massive bag of chicken chips and they were sooooo nice!!

auroara78
October 3rd, 2012, 09:58 AM
still eagerly waiting for hobs, hope her and bubs are OK, and she's just too in love to find a computer hehe!

ladybug
October 3rd, 2012, 10:48 AM
Still waiting and stalking too...I pray everything is ok....Hope we get an update soon!

fivebabies
October 3rd, 2012, 11:49 AM
Hobber~ I say this with love: YOU ARE KILLING US!!!! :)

Mochagirl
October 3rd, 2012, 11:52 AM
She updated on the September Chit Chat thread!!!!!!

auroara78
October 3rd, 2012, 02:24 PM
I can't believe it's October already...Lillian is a month old...where did it go? my little girl is growing up so fast!

Mochagirl
October 3rd, 2012, 03:43 PM
Sadie is two weeks old today. Before we know it these babies are going to be walking and talking!

Myloves
October 3rd, 2012, 05:06 PM
Wow Mocha, it all goes so fast doesn't it? Seems like she was just born yesterday.

laughinglynxie
October 3rd, 2012, 11:19 PM
I'm feeling the same way too! My little girl is three weeks on Friday (and hopefully when we check her weight that day, she is closer to birth weight!).

Not to venture from the cute baby talk and such... BUT...

Has anyone had troubles with prolapse? My posterior delivery went easy and quick (and only required one little stitch), but I'm pretty sure the wall shared with my bladder got stretched too much as I can feel a bulge "down there" now. :(

auroara78
October 4th, 2012, 10:43 AM
laughing, does it effect your ability to pee at all ? or do you feel something bulgy down there? on my left side of my stomach area I feel something more, my sides are uneven, but it's not painful and I'm not sure if it's just extra fat or what, but I"m going to ask about it at my 6 week checkup.

laughinglynxie
October 4th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Still able to do all of my bathroom business just fine...but it's definitely bulge-y. It sort of makes me not want to push when I go. O_O I go for my postpartum visit on the 26th and I'm absolutely going to say it bothers me. From searching online it sounds like I'd get a pessary or something.

pinkin2011
October 4th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Hi Girls, just checking in to see how everyone is going?
Its friday arvo here I am going to see my ob in an hr my very last appointment so I guess we will talk about tuesday. I am so so scared you have no idea about child birth and that my baby is coming early ..... I feel like I want to run away! I am not sleeping much at all and my itch which had settled alot has come back real bad and my blood results are going up higher again... My mood is shocking and i have no energy to do anything and everyone is so selfish I am finding or maybe its just me because I am moody!!

Mochagirl
October 5th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Pinkin - I'm so sorry you're feeling so much anxiety :HH:

pinkin2011
October 5th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Thanks Mocha... We spoke about having an epidural straight away before she induces me which she has booked for me and also she called the maternity ward and said that she wants it written down that no one is to give me grief over having an epidural and they are not to ask me to re consider. I hope the midwives are ok with me because they can be rude when you go against what they like..... Anyway she said she had better check me down below because I may need gel to ripen my cervix BUT she said I am VERY VERY faverable as in my cervix she said very much so ready and when I asked am I dilating she said YESSSS and she also said It is very possible I could go into labour over the weekend but I really want to make it till tuesday. I feel so sick about everything I am not enjoying this process at all I could seriously pack my bags and leave!

Butterfly Spirit
October 5th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Holy Shiz! I just noticed that Rainbow Flower is 39 weeks now! She's gonna have her baby soon too!!!!! :running:

Butterfly Spirit
October 5th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Pinkin, I am a HUGE fan of the epidural. You don't need to be ashamed of it at all! I'm feeling that everything will go well and since you are extra itchy it's probably a sign he's going to come straight away! I'll bet he's big and ready to come out and meet his momma! I gotta say, Believe it or not, I envy you...remember what I always say.. that momma son bond is worth it's weight IN GOLD! I'm accepting that I'm never going to experience that with a brand new blue bundle again. DS#2 still refuses to let go of his mamma even though I swear there is next to no milk in there.. lol He's such a sweetheart.. and the light of my life and I love him to pieces! At my gender party I was overcome with emotion but it was mixed emotions.. one of my SILs was like "You've been waiting a LONG time for this" and I wanted to say.. I know, but understand I love my boys to death and wouldn't change either one of them for the world! I CANNOT wait for your second son to come. Watching those boys grow and play and bond is magical! Rainbow will soon see the same thing. I am SO happy for both of you! :) Please don't let anxiety overtake you, YOU CAN DO IT!!! :D

fivebabies
October 5th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Pinkin, I hope you feel better soon. :( That is all so stressful. I'm sure you're sweet little man will be just fine and you'll love the epidural.

I just found out that I failed my glucose test so i have to do the 3 hour one on Monday. Kinda pissed and bummed about it. They took 3 weeks to tell me too! Blah!!!!

Mochagirl
October 5th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Pinkin - you'll be fine with the epidural. With Sadie they had to tell me when to push because I couldn't even feel the contractions.

Fivebabies - sorry about the glucose test. I can't believe they made you wait so long before giving you the results!

pinkin2011
October 5th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Thanks girls.. Well I am 36 weeks today. I will try and post a pic in a sec of my tummy I feel I have grown so much in only 2 days!!!
I had no sleep last night I am just so anxious! I think I am worried that when I get there tuesday morning everything will go pear shaped and it will be a struggle to get the epidural and the midwives will be horrid... Its not easy to get epidurals over here and the nurses dont tolerate you... All I want is to be looked after becaue I am genuinely scared.. Anyway I will stop going on about it now becaue tuesday is coming and I cant do a thing about it!

PeonyPrincess
October 5th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Fivebabies, GL with your next glucose test. How frustrating that they took so long to tell you. There is still a good chance you don't have gestational diabetes.

Pinkin, I have heard that they are sometimes reluctant to give epidurals in the public system. However, they do still use them a lot and given your OBs instructions I'm sure all will be fine. I hope you get a lovely midwife who has a lot of knowledge about your illness and what a hard time you have had during the pregnancy. It is great that your cervix is ripe as that should make the induction go more smoothly. With my DS1 I was 2cm dilated at 37 weeks and hoped I would go into labour on my own before my induction at 38 weeks, but it didn't happen. I think your little boy will stay put until Tuesday. And then you will finally get to meet him! I agree with Butterfly, having 2 boys is super special...(even if mine have spent all morning annoying each other!)

dloui128
October 7th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Pinkin tomorrow is the big day right?

Butterfly Spirit
October 7th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Pinkin tomorrow is the big day right?

OMG thanks for reminding us!!!! :D

Mochagirl
October 7th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Good luck tomorrow, pinkin!

auroara78
October 7th, 2012, 05:43 PM
good luck pinkin!!! enjoy your new babe :)

Hobbermittens
October 7th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Hey everyone! We are back home now and doing well. Sawyer is still getting used to nursing, and I have been supplementing with formula because he was a little jaundiced. He is a sweet baby and doesn't cry much, and I have been holding him as much as I can. :awe: I still can't believe he's mine!!

Here is a picture of the little guy! Please don't quote the post, because I will probably take the picture down after a few days.

dloui128
October 7th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Oh Hobber he is so cute, I'm so happy for you!! How did DS1 react when he found out he had a little brother?

Hobbermittens
October 7th, 2012, 06:35 PM
He was super excited! We had Grandma bring the kids to the hospital, telling them only that the baby was born, but not whether it was a boy or girl, so when they came in the room and saw him, we told them they had a baby brother. DS1 smiled this huge smile and said, "I knew it!!" All the kids were all wanting a brother, so they were all thrilled. :)

dloui128
October 7th, 2012, 06:36 PM
He was super excited! We had Grandma bring the kids to the hospital, telling them only that the baby was born, but not whether it was a boy or girl, so when they came in the room and saw him, we told them they had a baby brother. DS1 smiled this huge smile and said, "I knew it!!" All the kids were all wanting a brother, so they were all thrilled. :)

thats awesome :)

pinkin2011
October 7th, 2012, 06:51 PM
AWW Hobb, He is gorgeous!!!! Glad you are both going well!! Was labour ok???

I am having my baby tomorrow! Crapping myself but there is no way out now!! Have to be at hospital at 6.30am

auroara78
October 7th, 2012, 07:06 PM
ahh hobber, he is so gorgeous and so cute and I bet DS1 is beyond thrilled...that is great that everyone wanted a boy! I'm so glad you got Sawyer, and that's a perfect name for him!!

auroara78
October 7th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Here is a new pic of Lillian circa today!

dloui128
October 7th, 2012, 07:31 PM
auroara I can't believe how big she is getting, she is so cute

Pinkin I am so excited you will be able to meet your little man tomorrow, can't wait to see some pics :)

mydream
October 7th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Hobber- he is so precious. Very happy for you!!

Aurora- she's is just beautiful!

Hobbermittens
October 7th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Good luck pinkin! Please keep us posted. I am sure it will all be fine, and I bet you will feel so much better once he is here safely!

Hobbermittens
October 7th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Thanks Auroara! Little Lillian is gorgeous! She is so big already!

skrimpy
October 7th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Hobber he is so cute!!! I love the picture of him on the blanket, he's just precious. Enjoy him. I'm over the moon for you!!

PeonyPrincess
October 7th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Pinkin, we will all be thinking of you tomorrow. GL!

Hobber, Sawyer is gorgeous. So blonde! I love that your kids didn't know what you had until they met him. I think I might have to do that with my boys as they are so keen to have a sister. I would love to see their faces when they find out.

Lillian has such a sweet face Auroara. I bet you and Mocha can't believe how fast your girls are growing!

laughinglynxie
October 8th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Good luck, Pinkin!!! I'll be praying that everything goes as safely and pain-free as possible! :)

Still amazed by my little Ivy. Weight check #3 tomorrow to make sure we're still getting progress. I wish she wasn't quite so sleepy and would nurse a little better! haha. Oh well, I'm willing to have a relationship with a breast pump for a while.

pinkin2011
October 8th, 2012, 12:37 AM
Good luck, Pinkin!!! I'll be praying that everything goes as safely and pain-free as possible! :)

Still amazed by my little Ivy. Weight check #3 tomorrow to make sure we're still getting progress. I wish she wasn't quite so sleepy and would nurse a little better! haha. Oh well, I'm willing to have a relationship with a breast pump for a while.

I am sure I will be in the same situation as you!! I have my pump all ready to go!!

Myloves
October 8th, 2012, 12:38 AM
What a cutie he is Hobbermittens! I just love that you got your sweet second boy! Now you have the perfect family: Two girls and two boys :o.

Lilian's adorable, aurora! She's growing up so quickly.

pinkin2011
October 8th, 2012, 01:25 AM
How big will Oliver be?? He was 6 pounds two weeks ago... This is me today.5198

TTC5
October 8th, 2012, 04:12 AM
Pinkin looking good!! GL tomorrow!!!

Hobbers and Aurora, cute babes!

dloui128
October 8th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Wow Pinkin you look great, I am going to guess oliver will be 7lbs 4ounces. I hope everything goes super smoothly for you today and you have a great experience.

Mochagirl
October 8th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Hobber - he's adorable!!!

Auroara - Lillian is a true beauty, like her mom :HH:

Pinkin - I'm thinking of you and wish you a peaceful, pain-free birth.

Mochagirl
October 8th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Here's a more recent picture of Sadie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

auroara78
October 8th, 2012, 11:11 AM
omg Mocha those CHEEKS! she is sooo adorable...so precious...thanks for sharing!

Pinkin, you look like all belly...I'm guessing Oliver will be 7 lbs 7 oz, and I think he is going to be such a cutie! good luck today!!!

thanks everyone else ...i prob should stop posting so many pics, but it's hard to stop myself. She really is adding so much to our family, and DS2 loves helping out with her (for well he can, he's only 17 mos old) and DS1 is such a sweetheart with her too. I think she is just what our family needed. I just wish her arrival made me feel "done" but I don't quite feel like our family is totally "complete" yet, I wish I did.

Butterfly Spirit
October 8th, 2012, 11:18 AM

I forgot that you told me that your kids or at least one knew what it was... I'm telling ya, I believe it's true! My boys knew too and other ladies kids have also known. They have a connection somehow being so young and innocent.

Butterfly Spirit
October 8th, 2012, 11:19 AM
:HH: Mocha and Auroara what beautiful little princesses you both have! :)

And Hobber, he is a handsome little man! Enjoy lavishing kisses on those chubby little cheeks!

Pinkin :HH: Best of luck today my friend, he will soon be in your arms. Please update us as soon as you can, we can't wait to meet him!!! He will be the perfect size! No worries!! ;)

Hobbermittens
October 8th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Pinkin, you are all belly! I am guessing Oliver will be 7 lbs even.

Hobbermittens
October 8th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Mocha, Sadie is gorgeous! Love her big eyes!

Hobbermittens
October 8th, 2012, 12:47 PM
I'm a little worried about Sawyer's jaundice. All my kids have had it, and his seems the mildest, but I worry. We had him checked on Friday, and he was okay, and my doctor said he didn't need to be checked again, but I am taking him in today, because he still looks so yellow to me! My doctor is so stubborn and probably won't do another heel stick, which really frustrates me!

PeonyPrincess
October 8th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Pinkin, I guess 6lb 13oz, or even smaller. Your bump is tiny compared to mine and you are further along! Very excited that you are being induced right now!

Hobbermittens
October 8th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Peony, are you next after Pinkin?

fivebabies
October 8th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Ack! All the cute squishy babies are making me jealous! What a bunch of sweeties! :)

Pinkin~ Thinking of you! Hope it is or did go well! Update us when you can. I guess 6lbs 4 oz...little peanut.

Well, I took my 3 hour glucose test today. that was miserable!..mostly because I forgot my book. Grrrr. Glad its over and I never have to do that again. Anyone else have to do it this time? Hope to hear my results at my appt on Thursday.

Not many pregnant women left! I'll be left all alone here soon. lol.

ladybug
October 8th, 2012, 10:03 PM
All the babies are so cute!!!!! Love seeing pics of them, makes me anxious to meet my baby girl :)

Pinkin- I think baby boy will weigh 7lbs...So excited for you! Hope it all goes smoothly for you...

Five- I totally understand about the 3hr test...I felt horrible....Hopefully you will get a better result than me and pass the test :)....and your not alone....I'm still here :)

laughinglynxie
October 8th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Well, I took my 3 hour glucose test today. that was miserable!..mostly because I forgot my book. Grrrr. Glad its over and I never have to do that again. Anyone else have to do it this time? Hope to hear my results at my appt on Thursday.

I had to do the 3hr this pregnancy. :P I failed my 1 hour by ONE POINT. It was a terrible process for sure. Tons of glucose drink in a fasting tummy made me feel really grossed out. I'm glad it's all done, too!!

PeonyPrincess
October 8th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Hey Lynxie, I meant to mention earlier that I had a small bulge on the front wall of my vg after DS2. I told the OB about it as I was thinking maybe I shouldn't have any more babies...you know, in case everything fell out! He said not to worry and I have never done anything about it. It doesn't give me any problems and doesn't effect our BDing, though I do wonder what it will be like after this delivery. :worry: My body has really copped a beating this pg (mostly my poor legs getting veins everywhere). When I was complaining about them recently my DH said 'You're so vain'! Ha ha, thanks love. I always thought of my legs as my best feature as I only have small boobs, and now they are ruined!!
My mum had a much bigger prolapse last year (she had 4 children) and needed surgery to give the area some support! Maybe it's in our genes, but she is almost 70 so hopefully I won't have to worry about anything like that for some time.

Hobber, I guess I am officially next, but I don't expect this one to arrive early so someone else could still beat me to it!

Mochagirl
October 9th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Well, ladies - I'm not doing so well today. I came down with a fever, aches and chills yesterday, and that coupled with my extremely sore breasts suggests I might have mastitis. Ugh. The confusing part is I also have a bad cough, earache and sore throat, so this could also be the flu.

Also, I've been awfully itchy and swollen down there - and not in a place where it could just be due to my stitch healing - so I think I might have a yeast infection.

I guess I'm gonna have to call my midwife today. Sigh.

fivebabies
October 9th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Oh boooo Mocha! I hope you feel better soon!

ladybug
October 9th, 2012, 11:56 AM
How horrible Mocha!!! Hope you feel better quickly!

rainbowflower
October 9th, 2012, 01:28 PM
hiya everyone! just popping in to say that my little boy, Oscar, arrived 2 weeks early on 29th Sept and weighed a whopping 8lb 3oz (whopping because I'm only 4'11" myself). I got the birth I hoped for - a water birth in the birth centre with no pain relief at all, and it was a fantastic experience. I got to reach down into the water and pick him up myself!! :)
here's a picture my sister took at the weekend:

HopeandDreamG
October 9th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Omg! He is beautiful. What an absolutely Gorgous picture! We've missed u!

fivebabies
October 9th, 2012, 01:55 PM
What a little cutie!!! Congrats!!!

ladybug
October 9th, 2012, 02:13 PM
He is gorgeous!!! A precious little bundle of joy without a doubt!!! Happy to hear you got the birth you wanted..Congrats!

dloui128
October 9th, 2012, 02:32 PM
He is such a cutie, congratulations!

Mochagirl
October 9th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Congrats, rainbowflower - he's adorable!!!!

laughinglynxie
October 9th, 2012, 04:48 PM
rainbowflower, he is so beautiful! I love all of that hair. :)

Hobbermittens
October 9th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Oh my goodness Rainbowflower--what a perfect picture and such a gorgeous little guy! Congrats! He was really big for being so early! And so much hair!

Hobbermittens
October 9th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Mocha, I hope you feel better soon! Sounds awful. :(

Hobbermittens
October 9th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Any updates on Pinkin? I wonder if she's had her baby yet??

PeonyPrincess
October 9th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Mocha you poor love. It does sound like mastitis doesn't it. I hope your mw can help you out and you feel better soon.

Rainbow, Oscar is just adorable!! Thank you so much for introducing us to your precious boy. We've been thinking of you. What an amazing photo too. Your sister has some talent there. Well done on your water birth, it sounds lovely.

Hobber, it is early on Wednesday in Australia, so hopefully we will hear from Pinkin soon. I hope her body was ready for the induction and she hasn't ended up having a c-section.

Mochagirl
October 9th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Well, I talked to my midwife today, and after describing all my symptoms, she thinks I have thrush rather than mastitis, and the fever is due to the flu. I think she's right because my cough and sore throat keep getting worse. She prescribed a cream for my nipples, and if I'm feeling better tomorrow she'll do a vaginal swab to see if I have a yeast infection too. So far no sign of yeast in Sadie's mouth but I have no doubt she'll get thrush too.

auroara78
October 9th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Rainbow, so glad you checked in---the picture is amazing!! and I'm really glad you had the birth experience you so desired...he's such a cutie, we were all thinking about you!

Mocha, I hope whatever it is resovles quickly....Lillian's been sick already twice since being home and of course I think that has to do with DS1 just starting preschool and being around other kids. I've had a sore throat for two weeks and it's just now getting better, thank God!

fivebabies
October 9th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Oh Mocha I am so sorry! Baby #2 and I both had it. Hard to get rid of. Hope it gets better soon!

Hobbermittens
October 10th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Pinkin? Have you had your baby yet?

fivebabies
October 10th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Pinkin, check in with us ! :)

So I failed my 3 hr glucose test. :( Anyone else failed before? Going to the next gestational diabetes class. Really sad about it.

Mochagirl
October 10th, 2012, 05:38 PM
So sorry, fivebabies. I've never failed before, but I hope someone has advice for you!

PeonyPrincess
October 10th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Sorry to hear that fivebabies. A few of my friends have had it and needed to check their blood sugar levels regularly, but were just able to control it with diet. I gather that some women need insulin, but most are ok with diet adjustments. And after the baby is born, they keep a closer eye on the bubs sugar levels for a while. All are now thriving, robust children, so all good in the end. And don't feel like you did something wrong, as any of us could have had it.

Hobbermittens
October 10th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Bummer, fivebabies! I hope the treatment of the gestational diabetes isn't too difficult. :(

Inglewood
October 10th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Hi Ladies, goodness, so many new gorgeous babies!! Congratulations to you all!!! :flowerz: Have spoken to some of you on here in the past and I can't believe your babies are all here and mine are 6mths!!!

Mocha, hope ur better soon. Awful being poorly, esp when u have kids to care for too.

Will need to stalk for pinkin's news... x

fivebabies
October 10th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Thanks Gals.....that's the part that is frustrating. I never failed even my 1 hr glucose test in all FOUR other pregnancies. Why now??

PeonyPrincess
October 11th, 2012, 01:58 AM
Fivebabies, one of my friends had it with her second, but not her first or third pregnancies. It seems pretty random, though I think once you've had it you are an increased risk of getting it with subsequent pregnancies. Not planning another are you?!

pinkin2011
October 11th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Hi Girls!!!!!!
Well, Oliver Robert was Born at 1.35pm on tuesday the 9th of october weighing 7 pounds!!!! And he is perfect and in perfect health and Breast feeding like a pro!!! and we are HOME!!!
The birth was PERFECT!! 4.5 hrs I did get the epidural right at the start which only part worked as it only numbed my right side but it was still worth getting! When I got to the hospital on tuesday morning my ob did an exam on me down below and found i was 7 cm dilated already so I was lucky to even of made it till tuesday!

Mochagirl
October 11th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Wow - congrats, pinkin! I'm glad the birth went well, and that he's nice and healthy. Can't wait to see pictures!!! Is your itchiness gone now?

Myloves
October 11th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Congrats on your precious baby boy Pinkin!

PeonyPrincess
October 11th, 2012, 07:59 AM
So good to hear from you Pinkin. I was starting to worry the induction hadn't gone as planned...but with you being 7cm dilated, your body was well and truly ready! He sounds wonderful and you sound so happy. It is lovely. Congratulations!

dloui128
October 11th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Glad everything went well Pinkin!! I hope your itchiness is gone now, can't wait to see pics

auroara78
October 11th, 2012, 11:08 AM
huge congrats pinkin, I'm so relieved your birth went well...can't wait to see pics, 7 lbs is a great weight! congratulations again!!!

Butterfly Spirit
October 11th, 2012, 11:15 AM

:HH: Pinkin' Congrats on your sweet little Oliver Robert, and I agree that 7 lbs is amazing! Not too big or small! Did you get a video of your son meeting his brother for the first time yet? I hope he just melts your heart, as you find out how wonderful having two little men is. :)

auroara78
October 11th, 2012, 11:20 AM
husband rant alert: so yesterday my husband was " feelling under the weather" which meant he basically slept the entire day away and I was left with all 3 kids most of the day, with DS2 and DD always acting up at the same time *of course*...I didn't mind it, I mean it, I got a bit frazzled here and there, but I handled it because obviously that's how it goes when you have more kids.

Well, I went to bed around midnight once DD was settled down, and typically my DH takes the "nite shift" meaning if she gets up in the middle of the nite, he handles the feeding (which is great, but...) last nite after getting the nite shift and getting her the bottle, she still fussed. He said he burped her once, and I said try to burp her again, and he sighed, and said, "she doesnt like me, she only wants you." (this was at 5 am, and I'd have to be up in another 2 hrs to do the school run for DS1)

Anyway after I encourged him to try again to soothe her, he said to the baby: "you must really not want us to have another, because you are being so difficult, I don't think I'm going to want another one."

He always does this lately, if she gives him the slightest little beep, fusses just a tiny bit, he always says he doesn't know if he wants a 4th, and he says it of course when I"m in earshot so I'll take her off his hands because he knows I still want that option open. Grr it just drives me crazy....

He says that DS2 was easier than her, and DS2 had a milk protein allergy so no way...she is much easier, but now she does fuss more than she did when she was first born. DS1 was still the easiest baby, but he is a fluke (he is still so crazy good and sweet, and easy to care for.)

Sorry, had to get the rant off my chest.

Butterfly Spirit
October 11th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Auroara I am so sorry, I know exactly how you feel.. Before I got pregnant DH would pick the most difficult time with our kids when they were screaming or fighting or running around a restraunt and say "Hon, I only want two kids..I don't want anymore!"
It would sting badly..but at the same time I acted like I wasn't affected..when in reality he was shattering my heart into a million pieces.. I knew we would have a last child no matter what he was saying.
It's hard and it does drive you crazy, especially if you want another one so bad and he doesn't..
I hope in time he changes so that you can have the family that you want to have!
In the meantime I hope that DD continues to be a sweet angel for you! :)

Mochagirl
October 11th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Sorry, auroara. Husbands can definitely be a pain in the ass sometimes - I know mine is!

I love how when Moms are sick we still have to do everything we usually do to take care of our families, but when dh is sick they get to spend the day in bed. And my dh never even attempts to soothe Sadie if she's upset - he just hands her back to me!

Butterfly Spirit
October 11th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Sorry, auroara. Husbands can definitely be a pain in the ass sometimes - I know mine is!

This is why I always say DH means damn husband vs Dear Husband!!!! :rofl:

Mochagirl
October 11th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Ok, question for the ladies who've already had their babies: how's the weight loss going? I know I'm only 3 weeks postpartum, but I can't stand how I look! I don't remember this ever bothering me so much in the past, but I think having started the pregnancy at my skinniest ever, seeing the difference between then and now is shocking. I gained 65 lbs this pregnancy!!! I have to go to my BIL's wedding this weekend, and I have no clue what to wear!

Butterfly Spirit
October 11th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Ok, question for the ladies who've already had their babies: how's the weight loss going? I know I'm only 3 weeks postpartum, but I can't stand how I look! I don't remember this ever bothering me so much in the past, but I think having started the pregnancy at my skinniest ever, seeing the difference between then and now is shocking. I gained 65 lbs this pregnancy!!! I have to go to my BIL's wedding this weekend, and I have no clue what to wear!

Wear a slimming black dress or a black skirt with a darker top? That's what I would do.

laughinglynxie
October 11th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Mocha, I'm totally feeling down about my body, too. I also started this last pregnancy at my skinniest and now I feel huuuuuge and dough-y. I'm around 163 lbs right now and none of my clothes fit other than yoga pants and my bigger shirts. Definitely makes me not want to leave the house (especially because it also takes such an effort to get a shower in)!

It's frustrating too because I know that my body doesn't like losing weight until I'm done breastfeeding, especially the tummy area...maybe it will be different this time.

dloui128
October 11th, 2012, 12:43 PM

How about a black dress, black is always slimming and than you could get some spanx to go underneath to suck you in a little bit.

Mochagirl
October 11th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Sorry you're feeling down too, lynxie. I do have some pretty good shapewear, including a postpartum girdle I've been wearing 24/7 since birth, so at least I'm not too jiggly when I'm out and about (and can *just* squeeze into size 10 pants), but when I catch a glimpse in the mirror after a shower and see all my backfat and jiggly tummy it's just depressing. I'm just a bit lower than you right now - hovering between 155 and 160. My normal, non-dieting weight is 130, but now that I've seen how thin I can get when I watch what I eat, I'd like to aim for something lower. Maybe not the 105 I was when I got pregnant, but 115-120 would be nice. Normally breastfeeding helps me lose a lot of the weight, but that takes a lot of time.

I wanted to get a nursing dress for the wedding to make it easier for me to nurse at my table. I ordered one online, and it fits, but I'm not completely sold on the style. It's just basic black and made of bamboo, but it has these sort of bubbled arms that I think are very unflattering on me. Today I went to two stores looking for other options. I tried on a bunch of nursing dresses, but didn't find anything that worked. I ended up buying a really nice black nursing top, but now I have to start the search for a skirt to go with it! Time is running out - I only have tomorrow morning while ds3 is in preschool to finish my shopping.

Here's the dress I bought online:

dloui128
October 11th, 2012, 12:50 PM
I really like the dress you bought online, but you have to be comfortable in it or you will hate it for sure

Mochagirl
October 11th, 2012, 01:23 PM
What I do like about it is that it really hides my tummy without adding extra bulk. I just don't like the sleeves. I wondered if maybe I wore a cardigan over it I might like it more. I also have no idea what to wear on my legs. It's getting a lot colder here, so bare legs aren't an option. I tried it on with my patterned black nylons, and they looked way too formal for the bamboo dress. I have a pair of black, low-heel pumps I was going to wear.

Hobbermittens
October 11th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Congrats Pinkin!! Wow, you were already 7cm and didn't know it? That is crazy! Glad the induction went quickly--not at all like mine--mine took about 36 hrs!

7 lbs is a great weight. So glad all went well!! Are you feeling better now that he is out? Please post pictures!

fivebabies
October 11th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Congrats Pinkin!!! Sounds like everything went perfect!!

ladybug
October 11th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Congrats Pinkin!!!! I am so glad everything went perfectly :).....I guessed his exact weight too...lol..Glad your home and getting settled with your new precious bundle...Hope you are finally getting relief from that horrible itch!

laughinglynxie
October 12th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Can't wait to see a picture, Pinkin!! I bet he's adorable. :) Hope your recovery is going well!

PeonyPrincess
October 12th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Butterfly, in my mind I sometimes change DH to something else as well, but I'd better not say it as it is not very nice!!
Auroara, I bet your DH will be fine once Lillian is older. It is just hard to remember there is an end to the sleep deprivation when they are so young and helpless. Don't forget men can suffer from post natal depression too, so keep an eye on him.
Mocha, I like the online dress. You could add heaps of accessories to jazz it up and the feeding access is a great idea. I love how it skims over the tummy area...I will be needing styles like that soon! I don't buy anything anymore unless I will be able to wear it when I am feeding.
Had my last day of work yesterday, just in time for DS2 to be sick. So much for me to start getting organised. And DH is fishing all day today on a charter.

pinkin2011
October 12th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Hey Girls will post a pic today!
I am so tired my milk has only really come in today and my boobs are HUGE and so sore!! Oliver is asleep now but last 2 nights has been so unsettled I have only had 4 hrs sleep in 2 nights! I just hope he settles soon now that my milk is coming in...
I think the baby blues have hit me a bit today....

TTC5
October 12th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Yayyyy Pinkin!!!! Congrats.

The blues sux hey!!

Butterfly Spirit
October 12th, 2012, 11:15 PM
hiya everyone! just popping in to say that my little boy, Oscar, arrived 2 weeks early on 29th Sept and weighed a whopping 8lb 3oz (whopping because I'm only 4'11" myself). I got the birth I hoped for - a water birth in the birth centre with no pain relief at all, and it was a fantastic experience. I got to reach down into the water and pick him up myself!! :)
here's a picture my sister took at the weekend:

OMG How did I miss this!? I've been thinking about you and talking about you on here knowing you were close to delivery! Rainbow my friend, just look at all that hair he is one handsome little sweetheart! Did you get a video of your DS meeting him for the first time? You are an amazing woman to be able to experience childbirth in it's entirety! I admire your strength, and I've missed seeing you on GD. I hope this little man melts your heart and is the light of your life and that you absolutely enjoy watching two brothers play, bond, and grow up together! :HH:

PeonyPrincess
October 12th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Pinkin, I'm sure Oliver will be a happy chappy now that your milk has come in. Boys love the boob! I wondered if mine would ever get off it sometimes!

auroara78
October 13th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Pinkkin sorry to hear about the sleep deprievation...I know in my case lack of sleep really contributed to my baby blues, which I somehow thought wasn't gonna happen this time (I thought my postpartum blues were tied up in gender desire/disappointment, etc, turns out it was purely hormonal how sad I feel after having a baby!) It doesn't hit right away either for me, usually the first few days I'm just tired and a little overwhelmed and then by day 6 I'm really weepy and incredibly sad. It will pass, those feelings of the blues....

Lillian is already holding her head up really well and she just rolled for the first time a few days ago...she's still so tiny compared to my boys, at her 1 month checkup, she was 9 lbs 13 oz, and DS2 who was born at 9 lbs was def. bigger than her at this age..>I love it, though she's still got her cute little "chicken legs" my husband calls it. He gave her the most unflattering nickname of "Snake bite" since when she's hungry and you haven't fed her yet, she moves her mouth like a snake, hehe.

The other day when she appeared hungry and he made her a bottle but then she refused to take it, and then gagged when he tried one last time, he laughed and said "I'm glad she has a good gag reflex" MEN!!! Really...do they really think about those things all the time??

my postpartum checkup is coming up on monday and I'm woeful about what to do about BC. We usually just use the pull out method, but I really can't have any accidents for at least 1-2 years since my body took the last c-section so hard. BC pills and those hormonal things make me feel really depressed, and "cut-off"...

Hobbermittens
October 13th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Mocha, what kind of girdle do you have? What brand and how much was it? I have been looking at some online, but I don't know which to get. I need SOMETHING, because I still look totally pregnant! I have lost 30 lbs already (in 10 days!), but because I have split abs (diastasis recti, I think it is called) I still have a bulging tummy, and it isn't getting much smaller. Totally depressing. I still need to lose about 30 lbs, because I started out pretty heavy before I got pregnant. But most of my pregnancy weight is gone now (I was 162 when I got pregnant and I was 166 this morning).

Auroara, There are lots of options for BC outside of the pill. I am going to get an IUD at my 6 week check up. I am sort of scared that it won't work or it will fall out, though. I am terrified of getting pregnant again! And I can't believe Lillian rolled over already! That is super early! She sounds like a strong baby!

laughinglynxie
October 13th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Auroara, If you aren't breastfeeding, I would recommend the Nuvaring if you can! I used to get nauseous/super hormonal on everything else I tried. I had the Mirena after my first son, but I could always feel it for some reason. I wonder if it was because of my really tipped uterus. This time around we are just going to use condoms and fertility awareness, at least until I'm done breastfeeding.

pinkin2011
October 13th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Just checking in, feeling alot better today. Oliver is just so so cute I will post a pic! I have him feeding every 5 hrs it takes me an hr to feed him but he is just so hungry! He feeds from me ( both sides) and then I top him up with expressed breast milk about 30 to 40 mls and I find thats getting him to the 5 hrs mark. I fed him at 10pm last night and he woke at 3am and then 8 am this morning so I would be so happy if we could stick to that!
I am still feeling pretty tired and washed out tho that is to be expected only giving birth 5 days ago!

Mochagirl
October 13th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Hobber - I have the Bellefit girdle. I'm pretty happy with it - I wear it 24 hours a day, and it really helped in my early recovery. I started with a size medium and am now in a small. When this one gets too roomy I'll probably just switch to Spanx or something.

Hobbermittens
October 13th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Hobber - I have the Bellefit girdle. I'm pretty happy with it - I wear it 24 hours a day, and it really helped in my early recovery. I started with a size medium and am now in a small. When this one gets too roomy I'll probably just switch to Spanx or something.

What style of Bellefit? There are quite a few choices on their site.

PeonyPrincess
October 14th, 2012, 12:36 AM
My DH will be having a vasectomy early next year, so we'll just use condoms until then...but I know the V is not an option for you Auroara as you want another baby down the track! I don't like being on the pill as my moods are all over the place and when I had the mirena I had zero libido. I only kept it in as long as I did because I was so scared of another surprise pregnancy. Lynxie, my DH used to get poked by the strings so I got them cut super short. When it came time to take it out there was nothing for the OB to get hold of and I had to have a general anaesthetic to have it removed.

Mochagirl
October 14th, 2012, 07:49 AM
What style of Bellefit? There are quite a few choices on their site.

I have the side-zip one.

auroara78
October 14th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Yep, the BC pills make me feel depressed

I'm not really keen on the Mirena / IUD for reasons listed above...I don't want my husband to feel the strings, but also he's really aganist the idea too

he loses you know what when we use condoms, so that won't work

even if he didn't want another child, he'd never get the big V...so....

gosh I have like zero options lol

I guess we are just too dang picky

PeonyPrincess
October 14th, 2012, 09:27 PM
I know some who have found the implanon good, but I have never tried it. It sits just under the skin on your arm and you can have it taken out any time if you are wanting to TTC. Obviously it is hormones involved but sometimes a bit of trial and error to find what works for you.

laughinglynxie
October 15th, 2012, 12:57 AM
I agree, Peony. It's tricky to find the right thing sometimes.

As I said before, all BC pills made me sick... but NuvaRing never bothered me at all and I would forget that it was even in there (and it can be taken out for up to three hours at a time without losing effectiveness if feeling it during sex is an issue)!

Auroara, we have sort of a tough time with condoms too. It's not even that my hubby minds the way they *feel*...it just takes him WAY too long when we use them. LOL. Most of my friends laugh about it and say they wish they had that problem with their husbands. I tell them that after 30 mins of trying, I get a little bored. :D

Inglewood
October 15th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Congratulations!! xx

rainbowflower
October 16th, 2012, 06:14 AM
aww thanks for all your thoughts/messages, feeling very happy

congratulations to all of those in here who have had babies too - I've had a quick look and admired all the gorgeous little babies, but don't have time to write out a long message!

PeonyPrincess
October 16th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Where is everyone? What, are you all busy or something!! :rofl:

nuthinbutpink
October 16th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Congrats Rainbow! He is precious!

ELP
October 16th, 2012, 11:04 AM
aww thanks for all your thoughts/messages, feeling very happy

congratulations to all of those in here who have had babies too - I've had a quick look and admired all the gorgeous little babies, but don't have time to write out a long message!Rainbow he is gooorgeous!!! So pleased you've popped back to share him xxxxxxxxxx

pinkin2011
October 16th, 2012, 06:05 PM
My Boys.5433

pinkin2011
October 16th, 2012, 06:08 PM

Rosie85
October 16th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Gorgeous boys Pinkin!!

pinkin2011
October 16th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Thanks Rosie!

Butterfly Spirit
October 16th, 2012, 06:18 PM
My Boys.5433

Oh what a sweet little angel he is!

Butterfly Spirit
October 16th, 2012, 06:19 PM

And you have such a handsome duo there too! :)

pinkin2011
October 16th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Thanks Butterfly!

laughinglynxie
October 16th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Awww, your boys are adorable, Pinkin!! Just beautiful. :)

dloui128
October 16th, 2012, 09:02 PM
pinkin your boys are adorable!

pinkin2011
October 16th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Rosie, I just read your siggy about your dates. My ob seems to think I was 37 weeks and 1 day or so rather then 36 weeks and 3 days which is what the ultrasound said... But who knows!!

pinkin2011
October 16th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Thanks girls , Yeah I think they are pretty cute too!!!

PeonyPrincess
October 16th, 2012, 11:31 PM
What a precious photo Pinkin!! They are both gorgeous. It is so wonderful for your DS1 to have a brother.

Hobbermittens
October 16th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Awwww, Pinkin! Your boys are gorgeous!!

Myloves
October 17th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Beautiful boys Pinkin! Don't you love having 2 boys? :o I knew you would!

auroara78
October 17th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Your boys are so gorgeous Pinkin!! Oliver is so adorable but your DS1 is going to be such a heartbreaker!! Congrats...I promise, you will LOVE that DS1 has a brother!! Brothers are so special. Now you just gotta have a little girl one day!

fivebabies
October 17th, 2012, 11:52 AM
What cuties Pinkin!!! I looooooved having 2 little boys! They are going to have so much fun together. :HH:

pinkin2011
October 17th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Thanks Auroara! Yeah its those big blue eyes he has!!!!! I think he will be a heart breaker too... Just ask him that and he will tell you! ha ha.
Yeah having the too boys is fantastic!! I cant wait for Oliver to get a bit bigger where he recognises Ds1! I am actually a bit sad that the pregnancy is over and Oliver is 9 days old today...... Hes going to grow up quick!!! And YES I'd love a girl next!!! Will see hey....

Hobbermittens
October 17th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Pinkin, has your itching gone away?

pinkin2011
October 18th, 2012, 12:55 AM
YES!!!! it was gone the day after I had him!! I was going to ask you how did your lil guy go with the jaundice? Oliver had a touch of it aswell but its clearing up now

pinkin2011
October 18th, 2012, 03:23 AM
Lynxie, How did you go with your *bulge*?? I have one too

auroara78
October 18th, 2012, 10:57 AM
believe in the dream, pinkin :)

I was really bummed DS2 was a boy when preggers with him, but seeing the interaction between my sons now is so amazing that I am really happy DS2 came along...( well OK, he is a terror most of the time!! But thats personality and not gender related)

I am so beyond thrilled still to have Lillian, but having the boys really made me appreicate it and I am so glad that my oldest gets to have both a brother and a sister.

Though the other day at the OB, which we call the "baby doctor", DS1 asked if we were going to have any more babies. I said "maybe one more, but not anytime soon" and he said "umm mommy, we have enough now, we don't need no more babies." lol it cracked me. And I said "Quinten, we'll have to see what happens in the future, we may or may not have any more babies" and he shakes his head at me and says "oooohhh mommy, mommy....." LOL

auroara78
October 18th, 2012, 11:01 AM
On a side note, I am sick of being sick, haha!

DS1 is miserable and has missed school all week. He had some kind of viral thing that clogged his chest really bad and now he's on breathing treatments every 4-6 hrs to help relieve the chest congestion.

I got it from DS1, I think, but it's not in my chest, it's sinus congestion and the worst part is the damn itchy non stop tickling throat...it's driving me nuts!

DS2 just started coughing last nite so he's prob getting it, and the baby has been congested and wheezing pretty much ever since she got home from the hospital. I think it's the expsoure to all those lovely school germs, since DS1 started preschool in September.

Would love to hear how TTC5 and Hobber's little men are doing!

and baby Ivy and Sadie too!

Mochagirl
October 18th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Hey ladies - sorry it's been so long since I checked in. We were away for a family wedding this weekend, then my ILs were here visiting for the first part of the week.

Pinkin - your boys are absolutely gorgeous, by the way!

Sadie's doing well - she was exactly one month old yesterday. She's growing up too fast (sniff). She had her one month check-up today, and she was 9lbs 8oz. She's awake a lot more these days, but still living up to her dream baby status, only waking up once a nice to nurse.

I had my birthday this week, and it was a pretty bum day. Because my ILs were here, dh didn't want to make a big fuss over my birthday and make them uncomfortable. I did get a present and cards from the boys in the morning, but only because my ILs hadn't arrived yet. That was the end of the celebrating. We ordered cheap pizza for supper, and I had no cake or Happy Birthday song. I think it was just the hormones, but I started feeling really sorry for myself and spent the whole evening crying. I just felt that after a whole weekend doing wedding stuff with dh's family - no easy task when staying in someone's basement with 4 kids, and trying to keep them all entertained at adult event after adult event - I deserved a little celebrating on my bday.

Anyway, I decided to take it into my own hands and make my own celebration after the ILs left. Yesterday I bought a cake, and took the family out for supper. The boys loved it - we lit candles on the cake and they sang Happy Birthday to me. It was a perfect bday 'do-over'.

Mochagirl
October 18th, 2012, 12:56 PM

Here's a picture of Sadie on her one month birthday.

Rosie85
October 18th, 2012, 02:36 PM
So sorry about your birthday mocha, In laws being around is no excuse for your birthday to not be a big deal, if it were me I would Be pissed. Happy late birthday! Your daughter is gorgeous!

Hobbermittens
October 18th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Mocha, Sadie is so cute and chubby! Love those cheeks! I can't believe your DH was so weird about your birthday. Wouldn't your inlaws want to celebrate with you? I know mine always send me a birthday present every year, and if they happened to be in town, they would love to do a little celebration. I bet yours would have too! Happy birthday anyway!

Auroara, I am sorry you are all sick. That sucks! I have been so worried about Sawyer getting sick, I haven't taken him anywhere!

Pinkin, the jaunice finally cleared up, and Sawyer is doing well. I was worried about it for a while, but he is a normal color now. :) Glad Oliver didn't have it very badly.

Sawyer is doing well. He likes to be held a lot, which I don't mind of course. :) He has been sleeping with me, on the couch, which is probably not the best situation, because he sleeps in my arms, and I am always afraid I might drop him! :worry: He doesn't really like sleeping in his own bed, though.

DD2 has been a total nightmare, which I am trying to be patient with, but with being tired, I have very little patience for her at all. She has always been very "busy", but now she is 10x worse than usual. It is like having a tornado in my house 24/7. I have been trying to take time out to do special things with just her (today we colored together), but it doesn't seem to be helping!

PeonyPrincess
October 18th, 2012, 09:04 PM
I'd love to hear how HappyLea is doing as well!
Good on you for doing your own celebration Mocha and Happy Birthday! I know they tend to take a back seat compared to the kids birthdays, but it should still be a special day where you are spoilt.
Auroara, I hope you all feel better soon. My DS2 is getting over a chesty cough, just in time for DS1 to get it properly. I have been so lucky this pregnancy that even surrounded by sickness, I haven't caught it. I always think it is hard enough raising children when they are healthy and so when they are sick it is just insane.
Hobber, good to hear you are getting plenty of cuddles from Sawyer. I am sure your DD2 will adjust over time, especially with you making her feel special with one on one time.

Myloves
October 19th, 2012, 01:59 AM
@Hobbermittens, you poor thing. At least Saywer's being a good boy :) Ds2 went through a terrible stage too after R was born. Hopefully she'll calm down soon. I must say though, your DD2 is so beautiful! (I saw her pic on fb and all your kids are cute but she is just gorgeous!)

@Mocha, Sadie is supercute! I love her sweet cheeks.

PeonyPrincess
October 19th, 2012, 04:23 AM
Fivebabies, I just read an article which links Vit D deficiency and gestational diabetes. They did a study in Berlin and discovered if women had Vit D deficiency in their 1st triemester, they were more likely to go on and develop diabetes in the second trimester. I know you didn't have diabetes with your other pregnancies, so I thought of you when I was reading it. My naturopath was very big on me getting my Vit D levels checked during this pregnancy and I have had to take supplements. I assumed she was thinking of the baby developing their skeleton, but it wouldn't surprise me if she had heard of this link as well.

PeonyPrincess
October 19th, 2012, 04:30 AM
Myloves, I just read your siggy...how exciting!! All the very best when you TTC.

Myloves
October 19th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Thank you Peony! I'm super excited.

DH originally only wanted 2 kids - and he would have been happy to be done with just 2 boys. But when he was saw how upset I was after I had Ds2, he changed his mind and agreed to try one more time for a DD.

And now, 2 yrs after she was born, he's saying he doesn't like 'the number 3' lol and that we should even out the family to four. Just hope we don't have twins then... though twin girls would be awesome... ;)

auroara78
October 19th, 2012, 10:35 AM
oh myloves, how exciting!!! I am so happy for you...i will be hpefully trying to sway again for a girl in about 2-3 years (prob. 3 years) I can't wait to see you get ready for you sway!

hobbers, your story is sooo similiar to mine! for her first week of life, me and Lillian always ended up on the couch at nite in my arms, and I worried that I'd drop her too! Finally, she got used to the bassiset and that's where she sleeps mostly at nite, but I try to limit it in the daytime, I let her take naps in her swing or boucny chair or in my arms...and DS2 got 10x worst once we brought Lillian home. To be honest, when he sees I'm holding her, he'll do things that he knows drives me crazy on PURPOSE and gives me this terrible shit-eating grin like 'ha-ha you can't stop me' I swear, DS2 will give me gray hairs! He is harder than 3 of my DS1, who now (I think he picked it up from preschool) keeps saying 'yeah whatever' when you tell him to do anything, and that's starting to piss me off, lol.

I totally feel for you, because i know how it feels to have a terror older child. The baby is so easy in comparsion to DS2, even my hubby who pitched in yesterday really good so I could take a long afternoon nap said, 'why is he being so bad today?'

I just hope in a few years/soon he calms down some but I dunno...I think alot of this is personality.

Mocha, I'm glad you had some kind of bday celebration. Lately, I always feel real sad on my bdays, no matter if hubby and/or kids make it special, I just want the day over, I don't know why.

fivebabies
October 19th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Fivebabies, I just read an article which links Vit D deficiency and gestational diabetes. They did a study in Berlin and discovered if women had Vit D deficiency in their 1st triemester, they were more likely to go on and develop diabetes in the second trimester. I know you didn't have diabetes with your other pregnancies, so I thought of you when I was reading it. My naturopath was very big on me getting my Vit D levels checked during this pregnancy and I have had to take supplements. I assumed she was thinking of the baby developing their skeleton, but it wouldn't surprise me if she had heard of this link as well.

Wow, I wouldn't be surprised! I hardlt ate a thing and couldn't get my prenatals down. Thanks for sharing! :)

auroara78
October 19th, 2012, 12:40 PM
oh btw Peony, very interesting! I will heed this advice for sure if and when we do have a 4th...typically I don't vomit, just feel queasy, so I'm guessing I get enough vit D, but it's really helpful to know that!

laughinglynxie
October 19th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Pinkin, I haven't heard for sure about my "bulge" yet, but I'm pretty convinced it's my bladder bulging and my uterus is definitely way further down than it used to be. I go to my 6 week postpartum visit on the 26th, so I'll keep you updated.

auroara78
October 20th, 2012, 09:43 AM
lynxie, I forgot to ask my doctor at my postpartum visit if my slight bulge was that, but he felt all around, said my uterus was back in the right spot and everything looked perfect...so maybe my slight buldge on the left side is more fat? ugh...I'd hate to think that but I guess it's better than my organs being in the wrong spots!

Mochagirl
October 20th, 2012, 10:20 AM
I have a bulge down there too, and I asked my mw about it the other day. She said it was just my vaginal walls sagging (attractive, I know :oops:) - she said it takes a while for them to go back after delivery (though I don't remember it being this bad with my other babies).

My latest concern is my bleeding. I hardly bled at all right after delivery - I had to wear those huge pads for maybe 24 hours, then switched to regular pads. Within a few days it seemed like my bleeding had stopped. For the next couple of weeks I just had spotting - usually when using the toilet. A pantiliner was usually enough.

Well...just in the past 24 hours the bleeding has increased significantly. It's as heavy as af, and I'm back to wearing maxi pads. It's also bright red. Is this anything to worry about? I don't have any pain or tenderness (other than slight af-like cramping), and it's not heavy enough that it soaks right through a pad. This couldn't possibly be af returning after only 4 weeks, could it? I exclusively bf all my kids, and af returned after 8 months with my twins, and only 9 weeks with ds3.

laughinglynxie
October 20th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Mocha, from what I read, any bleeding before 6 weeks postpartum is still birth-related. With my first, my bleeding happened like yours did and would come and go for a few weeks. This time it seems it has been a very steady taper down. I've been to a liner just this last week.

Nothing like saggy vaginal walls, haha. Mine is definitely because Ivy's forehead really pressed on that area on her way out!

Mochagirl
October 20th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Glad to hear the bleeding is normal. I knew it was too good to be true, having hardly any bleeding this time around. My mw couldn't believe it when I told her the bleeding had stopped less than a week after birth!

auroara78
October 20th, 2012, 05:02 PM
yeah my bleeding was weird this time too, in a weird start-stop pattern for about 6 weeks straight, ugh. With DS1 and 2 it just bled consistnely for about 3 weeks and was over...and I liked that much better, lol. I hated the whole "oh it's over...ooooh no it's not" back and forth stuff.

my cold continues to plague me and Lillian. I just feel so bad for the poor baby, she is just so congested. Took her to the pedi yesterday and they said just give her saline drops and suction out her nose; it hasn't gone to her lungs, so that's good. They tested her for RSV (?) and it came back negative, so I guess that's good too.

This is my last week off work, booooo, I return on the 29th. Well, I'll posting more tho, since I am a forum troll when I'm at work, haha. I know, so bad, but....

Hobbermittens
October 20th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Auroara, is DH worried about having all the kids by himself while you are at work? Sorry you and the baby are both sick still. :(

Mocha, I don't know about the bleeding thing--mine always seems to last forever! I am still having bleeding now, and though it has slowed down some, it is still here. :sigh: Hope everyone's bleeding stops soon. It sucks so much!

I started a new thread about this, but thought I would ask here too--how much, if any, tearing did you all have this time and with previous births? I tore this time right at the base of my vajayjay opening (where the dr would do an episiotomy if he was going to do one) and it is still painful when I touch it or wipe after going pee. I never had anything like this with my other babies, because Sawyer was so much bigger than the others! Anyway, just wondering how long it will take to heal and if sex is going to hurt! :worry: !

Mochagirl
October 20th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Hobber - I had a HUGE episiotomy with ds3, and I have to tell you the recovery was agonizing and long. I remember thinking that it was worse than my c-section recovery. With Sadie I only had a small microtear - one stitch - and it never bothered me at all. How many stitches did you have?

Auroara - sorry Lillian's sick. I've had a nasty cough and cold for weeks now, but luckily Sadie hasn't caught it from me. I can't believe you're back to work already! I forget how short American maternity leave is - here in Canada, everyone gets a full year!

PeonyPrincess
October 20th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Yeah that sucks that you are heading back to work so soon Auroara. That has gone so fast. I will get 18 weeks paid leave this time around, but usually take 12 months off before thinking of working again. It would be nice if everyone could choose how long they wanted off, but I know the bills don't pay themselves.

Hobber, ouch. That doesn't sound like fun. It sounds like a perineal tear- you didn't tear right through to your bottom did you? I hope not as that is a 3rd degree tear. If it is just a little on your perineum, or tore more to the side, then I would imagine up to 6 weeks for it to heal, but that area is likely to be really sensitive for quite some time. I had a 1st degree tear with DS1 as they had to use the suction to get him out (just on my internal labia), and nothing with DS2. But they were both just under 7lbs. I have friends who had awful injuries- no wonder you hear some birthing horror stories.

laughinglynxie
October 20th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Bummer on the going back to work. :/ I'm so happy I don't have to deal with that this time!

Ivy seems to be non-stop congested, too. I have been having sinus pressure with the weather changing, so I can only imagine that's why she's all booger-y. I've been doing saline and suction on her as well. It's tough because she's trying to breastfeed and gets all freaked out when she can't breathe!

With my son, they gave me an episiotomy and it was a nightmare for recovery. Sex felt like nothing all the way into 4 months postpartum. I was trying to do kegels as soon as it was comfortable. This time around I only had one tiny stitch from a natural tear and I didn't hardly feel anything was wrong. If anything, my tailbone hurt way more!

Rosie85
October 20th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Lynxie is there something you did different that prevented the need for another episiotomy? I am terrified to get another one because the recovery was beyond awful. Did you do stuff before labor like perineal stretching or did the baby just come out better or smaller?

laughinglynxie
October 20th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Rosie, I think the first time around I was just very tight (I did the stretches beforehand and everything). They let me wait a little while before cutting, but it got to a point where his heart rate was going down and they needed to get him out faster.

My daughter ended up being only 7oz smaller, so size really wasn't the issue... AND she came out "sunny side up," so in a more difficult position than my son, too. LOL. I think maybe my body had a little more give this time. But there is certainly nothing wrong with doing stretches to prepare yourself beforehand.

Rosie85
October 20th, 2012, 08:45 PM
hmmm yeah maybe I really needed it because it was my first vaginal delivery and he was sunny side up. Ds1 was a c-section so didn't have to worry about it before and I kind of forgot about stretches and what not.

I for sure will be doing stretching and anything else I can do to help to prevent it. Thanks for the info Lynxie!

auroara78
October 20th, 2012, 10:01 PM
sorry to hear about your tearing, Hobbers...it's always something isn't it?

Hobbermittens
October 20th, 2012, 11:00 PM
I don't know how bad the tear was--the doctor didn't say--but it doesn't go all the way to my butt. As far as the amount of stitches, I asked, and he said he put in a "running stitch". It just feels tender to the touch, so I am hoping it heals quickly. I don't like the idea of painful sex! :(

Mocha, how awesome that they give you a year off for maternity leave!

I have already started babysitting again. I took the little guy back last week, because his parents had no other care for him, plus we needed the money. It is hard not to be able to devote all my time to my own baby!

PeonyPrincess
October 20th, 2012, 11:32 PM
One good thing Hobber is that it is very vascular 'down there', so it can heal fast.

It is getting so awkward for DH and I to BD these days. I am kind of looking forward to a little break from it after the birth! And I know when I breastfeed I have low libido so it will be a while before I am really keen to have some fun.

DS2 and I just made a pavlova as we are going to a friend's house for dinner this evening. Yummo!

pinkin2011
October 21st, 2012, 12:13 AM
Peony you dont have long to go now!!!! Are you trying to make it to full term this time or will you be induced again at 38 weeks?

pinkin2011
October 21st, 2012, 03:35 AM
Just a Q... Do you girls think eating ALOT of sugar while preg causes a big or bigger baby? I ate a bag of lollies a day and I am not talking a small one. I didnt have GD at 26 weeks anyway... But yeah just want you girls thoughts on the subject.

Anyway I am sad... Oliver is 12 days old and getting so much bigger why am I upset that its all over and I am not preg anymore??? I couldnt wait for it to be over and now I am upset about it.!

fivebabies
October 21st, 2012, 12:49 PM
Pinkin~ I think we all go through that...being sad that its over. With all those crazy hormones flowing its hard not to be a little sad. At least there's a chance you'll have more. :) This is our last and I am so worried that I'm going to get depressed about it.

I wonder if you're right about the sugar....?

Mochagirl
October 21st, 2012, 01:05 PM
Pinkin - I get sad every day that Sadie's growing so fast. It's hard knowing for sure she's my last baby. I've already started packing away the newborn clothes, and it's hard knowing I'll never use them again. I've also started looking enviously at pregnant women. Crazy, I know!

Hobbermittens
October 21st, 2012, 03:10 PM
One good thing Hobber is that it is very vascular 'down there', so it can heal fast.

It is getting so awkward for DH and I to BD these days. I am kind of looking forward to a little break from it after the birth! And I know when I breastfeed I have low libido so it will be a while before I am really keen to have some fun.

DS2 and I just made a pavlova as we are going to a friend's house for dinner this evening. Yummo!

What is a pavlova?

The end of pregnancy BDing is not fun--but you are lucky your DH is interested! Mine was not at all!

Hobbermittens
October 21st, 2012, 03:11 PM
Pinkin, I know what you mean--I hated being pregnant, but now I do kind of miss it.

Butterfly Spirit
October 21st, 2012, 03:25 PM
Pinkin, I know what you mean--I hated being pregnant, but now I do kind of miss it.

My favorite part is feeling baby move :)
We as women are SO lucky we get to experience that wonderful gift!

auroara78
October 21st, 2012, 05:53 PM
Yeah I'm addicted to all the wonderment of what the baby will be, look like, ...love feeling the kicks, but man I don't quite miss it yet! I know I will be like psycho again in a year and want to start thinking about trying again...for now, trying to keep those feelings at rest and enjoy the 3 I got, tho everyone is still so sick that they are all driving me nutso atm.

I'm a little better just in time...now my DH says his throat is really sore and that's how this crap started for the kids and I, so here he goes down that lonely road of illness

pinkin2011
October 21st, 2012, 07:24 PM
Yes I guess I may experience being preg again tho not thinking about that for a long time! I said to my d/h yesterday that I will have another 4 year gap with the next one but he doesnt want that because I am just turned 29 I will be 33 and then if we want a 4th he thinks I will be too old HA! thanks alot hey..!! Do you girls think a 2 or 3 year gap would be better? It all really depends on how my 2 boys are at the time and I guess also what kind of nature Oliver has he could be a terror!!!!

PeonyPrincess
October 21st, 2012, 07:51 PM
Pinkin, my OB is planning on doing some sweeps when I am 39 weeks. She said she'll let me go to 40 weeks and then set a date for induction if nothing has happened. I am just hoping my body will do things by itself this time but I have no way of knowing.
I love feeling the baby move too. DH thinks it must feel weird, he doesn't understand how special it is.
I eat heaps of lollies, icecream, etc. I did with the others too and they weren't huge, so hoping this one will be average size too!

Oh Hobber, you have not lived until you have tried pavlova!! It is a dessert where the inside is fluffy like marshmallow and the outside is crunchy meringue. I usually serve it with freshly whipped cream and passionfruit, though last night it was cream and fresh raspberries. The 5 year old at the house we went to is still talking about it this morning his mum tells me!

I mostly like being pg, though I do get sick of the comments and questions toward the end.

And Pinkin, my first two were just less than 2 years apart. It was really hard work with a toddler and a baby. We would have preferred 3 years apart, but didn't plan it. A small age gap also makes for very competitive children (especially if they are the same gender), in my experience anyway!

Hobbermittens
October 21st, 2012, 08:49 PM
Peony, that sounds delicious! Is it hard to make?

PeonyPrincess
October 22nd, 2012, 12:22 AM
Super easy Hobber. I have a tried and tested recipe that my mum has used for years. It is perfect every time.

Peony's Pavlova:

4 large egg whites
2 teaspoons cornflour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1+1/3 cups castor sugar
2 teaspoons vinegar
4 tablespoons boiling water

Put everything in a bowl, boiling water last. Whip at maximum speed for 10-15 minutes (mine is a hand held beater so takes full 15 mins). Cover a baking tray (I use a round one) with alfoil (not sure if you call it that; foil paper). Wet the alfoil a little (helps stop sticking) and then place mixture onto tray. Shape into something that resembles a big nest (hollow out centre a bit). Cook at 170 degrees C (338 F) for 15 minutes, and then reduce heat to 130 degrees C (266 F) and cook for further 70 minutes. At the end, simply turn off the oven but leave pavlova in oven until it is cool or it will collapse.
Serve with fresh cream and fruit. Best eaten that day or can be made the night before and left in oven overnight. Enjoy a little piece of Australia, as we love our pavlova!

pinkin2011
October 22nd, 2012, 12:27 AM
YUMMO! I want to make one now.

PeonyPrincess
October 22nd, 2012, 07:35 AM
Ha ha Pinkin, you and I have such a sweet tooth!

Hobbermittens
October 22nd, 2012, 11:28 AM
Thanks Peony! That looks delicious and not too difficult--I have never made anything like that before, so it will be fun to try! Do you fill the "nest" part with the fruit? Also, is castor sugar the same as confectioners or powdered sugar, and is cornflour the same as corn starch? Funny how things have different names in different countries.

PeonyPrincess
October 22nd, 2012, 05:55 PM
Umm, superfine sugar? It is not as fine as powdered sugar. And yes, I think you call it cornstarch. You can fill the nest with the cream and fruit just before serving, or let people choose what they want with it. GL!

laughinglynxie
October 22nd, 2012, 06:30 PM
Speaking of having a sweet tooth (I really do, too!!), my MIL made lactation breakfast bars for me and they are amazing. It's hard not to eat 6 of them a day! I'll never lose baby weight the way I'm going. I feel way more hungry now that I'm breastfeeding...and I didn't think it was possible to be more hungry than when I was pregnant. LOL

fivebabies
October 22nd, 2012, 09:04 PM
Yes I guess I may experience being preg again tho not thinking about that for a long time! I said to my d/h yesterday that I will have another 4 year gap with the next one but he doesnt want that because I am just turned 29 I will be 33 and then if we want a 4th he thinks I will be too old HA! thanks alot hey..!! Do you girls think a 2 or 3 year gap would be better? It all really depends on how my 2 boys are at the time and I guess also what kind of nature Oliver has he could be a terror!!!!

Pinkin~ I've done 21 months apart and close to 4 years apart with my kids. This one will be 3 yrs after my last and I much prefer the 3 year gap!! Wish I had done it all along. :)

Myloves
October 22nd, 2012, 09:15 PM
I agree with fivebabies! I have 2 kids who are 3 yrs apart (ds1 and ds2) and 2 who are 3 yrs and 9 months apart (ds2 and dd) and I prefer the 3 yr age gap.
I'm hoping my next baby and DD will also be 3 yrs apart (she's born in Nov) as well. Not too close, and not too far away either. :o

PeonyPrincess
October 22nd, 2012, 10:37 PM
Lynxie, I will have to put a stop to my bad eating habits once this one is born. I get so hungry when I BF as well, even needing snacks in the middle of the night. My plan so far is to try and eat better food than the chocolate bars and lollies I currently snack on! What is in the lactation bars? I have never heard of that sort of thing before.

pinkin2011
October 23rd, 2012, 12:53 AM
I think a 3 year gap sounds good too .... Well I will be aiming for that then! At least gives me that extra year younger if I want a 4th!

Myloves
October 23rd, 2012, 03:32 AM
You're in a win-win situation either way Pinkin! In 3yrs time, if you have another boy, he'll fit in greatly with his big bros, and if she's a girl ... well I have 2 boys and 1 girl and it's just as awesome! :o

Mochagirl
October 23rd, 2012, 07:52 AM
I'm a fan of the 3 year gap. All my kids are 3 years apart - except for my twins, who are 3 minutes apart :bigsmile:. It's far enough apart that they're a little independent when the baby comes along, but close enough that they'll play together as they get older. All 3 of my boys are best friends.

dloui128
October 23rd, 2012, 09:48 AM
my girls are 17 months apart and while at the time it was a little stressful when DD2 was born I wouldn't change a thing now, they do everything together and call each other their best friend :) I am kind of sad that I waited so long to have a 3rd because sometimes I feel like he will be left out because there will be such an age gap. And he is going to have to deal with 3 mothers because my girls are already mothering him and he isn't even born yet

Hobbermittens
October 23rd, 2012, 02:07 PM
I have 2 sets of 2. The first DD and DS are 2 1/2 years apart, and then there is a 3 1/2 year gap between DS1 and DD2, and between DD2 and DS2, there's a 2 1/2 year gap. Funny how it worked out that way.

Mochagirl
October 23rd, 2012, 04:15 PM
So sad...I've started packing Sadie's newborn clothes away. I also noticed she's started losing her hair And her face is breaking out in pimples. Always a sign your baby is moving beyond the newborn stage!

On the other hand, she's awake and alert a lot more now and is starting to enjoy watching he'd brothers' antics. She also recognizes my voice now and turns towards me when I start talking to her.

I'm so sad she's growing up so fast, but I'm looking forward to her first smile.

Hobbermittens
October 23rd, 2012, 04:25 PM
Mocha, I know what you mean.... the time is just flying by! Sawyer is already almost too big for his first newborn outfits, and I can practically see him growing! He was 10 lbs yesterday when we went in for a check up. He'll be 3 weeks old tomorrow (or actually tonight at 3 am. ) It's crazy how quickly they get big!

PeonyPrincess
October 23rd, 2012, 10:27 PM
Just saw my Ob and she tells me she is going overseas for 5 days from the 7th to the 12th November (I am due on the 15th). And she was planning to do a sweep on the 6th Nov to try and induce me and now she will be going away straight after. Grrr. Makes me wonder why I bother paying all this money. I should have just gone to the birthing centre where the midwives would have done a great job. Off to do my squats in case I can encourage this one to deliver on its own before then! Oh and I have to have an u/s to check the size of baby at 38 weeks as DS1 got stuck and he was only 6lb 13oz so they always get worried about me trying to deliver a big baby. I hope the u/s are more accurate these days as they told me DS2 was going to be over 8lbs, so they induced him at 38 weeks, and then he was only 6lb 14oz. Too bad if this one does look huge...it's a bit hard to do anything about it when she's overseas!

pinkin2011
October 24th, 2012, 12:54 AM
I have mastitis.... feel awful!

PeonyPrincess
October 24th, 2012, 05:21 AM
Oh Pinkin, that is horrible to hear. Like it isn't hard enough with a newborn. Hope you get onto some antibiotics pronto and feel better soon. I've never had it (touch wood) but it sounds awful.

Mochagirl
October 24th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Oh - so sorry, pinkin! I had mastitis back when I had my twins and it was awful! Don't forget to nurse as much as possible even though it hurts - it helps clear things up faster.

auroara78
October 24th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Personally, I am a huge fan of the 3 year age gap.

DS1 and 2 are 3 and half years apart, but overall the 3 years was good--I remember DS1 being independent enough (and potty trained) to help out and he was very tolerant of all my time spent with DS2. DS2 was only 16 mos when DD was born, and that was wayyy too close (for me at least) maybe in a few months I'm going to love it how it turned out, but so far, it's been rough.

Speaking of rough, while I emotionally feel "yuck" about how my body looks, my husband and I can't keep our hands off each other. Which is sooooo bad, because I haven't gotten my first PP period yet, so I can't start my BC pills (I'm going to give them one last try), so we've been back to using the withdrawal method. And he keeps saying...'well I hope this doesn't lead to a new baby' and i say 'i know' but we can't keep our hands off each other anyway...God, this will the stupidest thing that's ever happened if something happens from us being silly. We're acting like teenagers again! Well, I know this is going to sound so superstitious, but I also remember what Cara said about seeing us having a 2nd little girl really close to the first one, and to be very careful if I didn't want to happen! I also remember that dream I had when I was pregnant with Lillian about a new pregnancy happening only 6 weeks after her birth...we are really careful though, so I'm sure nothing is going to happen...I guess what concerns me the most is not "knowing" where I am in my cycle because I haven't gotten a cycle yet, you know what I mean? if I had a period already, I could start tracking down and avoiding my potenitally fertile days...but this blind in the dark stuff sucks. I haven't BF at all this time so my period should come back soon...I BF'ed DS1 for only two weeks and my period came back around the time he was 8 weeks old. DS2 I BF'ed for about two months and it came back at 4 months post partum, so I'm thinking it should come next week or the week after.

The recipe sounds yummy Peony, and Pinkin, so sorry to hear about mastiis...iv'e heard how painful it is!

Mochagirl
October 24th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Withdrawal is such a risky contraception method, auroara - would dh be willing to wear a condom until you can start your pills? I just know how rough this delivery was on your body and I'd hate to see you have an oops pregnancy again so soon!

auroara78
October 24th, 2012, 12:15 PM
yeah me too--since I def. do want 3 years between this one and my last one...and I really, really want this time to enjoy my new little baby girl! And well ...also, if given a chance to try again, I'd like to try to sway girl one last time, just to see if I could make it work a 2nd time...all that would be blown out of the water if something happened. Plus, I don't even know if I could do it, being that my body took it so hard last time.

We're just going to have to cool it, since my DH loses his prowess when he wears a condom. I'm just going to be frank with him and tell him we gotta wait until I can start the pills.

Speaking of birth control, I like the idea of the Mirena (you don't gotta to remember to take it every day, etc) but I really don't like the idea of something (even though I know it's small and flexible plastic etc) actually in my body. I know that sounds so mental, but i just can't get on the Mirena knowing it's "there" (I know I'd constantly worry about it, is it still there? did it poke into something else? etc) I know very irrational, but sometimes I get that way.

Hobbermittens
October 24th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Peony, I hope your Dr is there for your delivery! I would have hated to have someone else instead of my Dr. He delivered 3 out of 4 of my babies, and I really love him. It is hard to get comfortable with someone and then not have them there!

Pinkin, so sorry about the mastitis. I have heard it is awful! You poor thing--why can't you catch a break?

Hobbermittens
October 24th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Auroara, be careful! You might be making another baby girl soon! I don't know if you read my update on the psychic thread, but Cara was totally right about a lot of things for me--she said that I would have a boy, and that he would be born through the night, and that he would be a little early, but still a great weight. ALL TRUE!

Hobbermittens
October 24th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Also, I had to add a picture of my little cute boy. :) He is getting so big! 5579

laughinglynxie
October 24th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Eee! So cute! My little peanut is finally up to 8lbs 3oz. I'm soooo tired of all these weight checks.

Pinkin, I had mastitis this time around already, too. Warm compress and lots of fluids and nursing/massaging. I managed to make mine go away without drugs...I'm sort of shocked.

Here's the link where the lactation bar recipe is (gotta scroll down a bit): Breastfeeding Help & Tips for Increasing Milk Supply (http://www.heavenlyhold.com/pages/Breastfeeding.htm)

Mochagirl
October 24th, 2012, 03:42 PM
What a cutie, Hobber!

fivebabies
October 24th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Peony~ I would be so mad! hope your Dr is around for you when the time comes!

Aurora~ Be careful, Girl! lol. That would be so hard on your body! I know what you mean about having a foreign object in your body.

Hobbers~ What a stinkin' cutie!!! I want to snuggle him! They get big too fast!

Lynxie~ Thanks for the link to the recipe! Going to have to try those! :)

dloui128
October 24th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Hobber Swayer is sooooo cute!

pinkin2011
October 24th, 2012, 08:58 PM
awww Hob he is soooo cute!!!!!!!!

I took Ollie to the maternal health nurse for his check up and he is already 8.6 pounds at 2 weeks and 2 days!!!!! He is going to be a puddin!

pinkin2011
October 24th, 2012, 09:11 PM
My brother and his girlfriend (which I am sure they will get married) Are having their first baby ... She is 19 weeks and found out today of course its a Girl! I knew it would be because she had been on a diet and lost 11 kgs before she found out she was preg I just had a very strong feeling it would be a girl and yep it is! She was hoping and praying it was a girl and yeah she got her wish . I am jealous but I am more so jealous that she got what she wanted without even trying! Something like that would never happen to me! I am soooo happy with my 2 boys I am actually glad and proud to have two boys but id love to prove to them that we can get a girl. I hope my sway does work next time.. I am feeling a bit flat now after she told me.

Myloves
October 24th, 2012, 10:38 PM
@Hobbermittens, he's beautiful! And growing up so quick.

Mochagirl
October 25th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Pinkin - I know it's tough. After my failed sway with ds3, I'll admit it stung every time I heard someone was having a girl, and that lasted a long time. The best medicine is a cuddle with your adorable little guy :HH:

laughinglynxie
October 25th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Ohmuhgosh, I'm going to go crazy waiting for my domperidone order to get here. It sucks so much that it's not available in the US. :( My order was shipped out on the 8th and it's been sitting in the New York sorting facility since the 12th. Ugh. Don't these people know that I need more milk production, and PRONTO?? Haha.

Also, Mocha, you mentioned baby acne - Ivy has it too! I don't remember my son's being this bad. Maybe she has been spitting up more often...

My DH has been trying to be all lovey with me recently and I feel bad, but it sort of drives me nuts. I wish I wanted to be romantic with him, but I get really overloaded with touching because of the constant breastfeeding (as you can guess from above, I have supply issues) and pumping. I go for my postpartum visit tomorrow and I will have no excuses left to not be romantic! Eek!

PeonyPrincess
October 25th, 2012, 10:41 PM
I have a watermelon in my tummy...and it looks like it too!

Lynxie, I am exactly the same when I BF. I have zero interest in my DH as I am over being touched, and just plain tired. I have heard that boys are hungrier babies, so am secretly hoping this one won't feed quite as much!
Maybe at your check-up, they will find your body needs a little more time to recover?! Blame it on the bulge!!

Pinkin, how are you feeling? Has the mastitis settled? I am sure you'll have your girl in a few years time. And she'll be worth the wait.

Hobber, Sawyer looks so sweet. Aren't boys so cuddly!

Auroara, be careful lady or you will end up with a 10 month gap instead of the 16 month gap that you had this time around!!

Mocha, how's things with Sadie? Don't worry, her skin will be better very soon. It's such a shame that they go through that.

auroara78
October 26th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Halloween preview pic!

boys wanted to try on their costumes..lillians gonna be a cuddly pink bunny on actual nite

pinkin2011
October 26th, 2012, 12:16 AM
Mocha , would you believe Oliver has a pimple rash aswell its red and little pimples everywhere. I mentioned it to the health nurse yesterday and she said that pretty much all babies get it she did call it something but I forget what she said now! I wish it would go away .

You know my family have only seen Oliver once which really upsets me... I have had hardly and cards or anything from anyone and it feels like to me that because We had another boy then its not worth the effort. Really upsets me. If we had of had a girl I wounder if things would of been different... Oh and getting back to my family I bet they are all over their new grand daughter when she arrives. Its very sad! Boy or girl does it really matter hes still a new little gorgeous person he is so worth it!

Auroara! That is such a great pic of your 3!!!!

auroara78
October 26th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Pinkin,

thanks! I love taking pics with all 3 kids whenever possible...my boys are such hams they love the camera, and DS2 says "cheeeeeesse" and he doesn't have a vocabulary any bigger than 20 words so it's really cute!

About family: mine put a ton of presure on me to make this a girl this time (like I really had any control over it...not!) and because of that, I felt if we did have a girl she'd get a warmer welcome than DS2 did. Well, not really. They were all talk, and once she arrived, hardly any visited, and my mom came down once and held her for only five minutes after staying for over seven hours! No kidding! My oldest sister who kept pressing about the girl thing has not even driven down the hour to see the new baby, so I don't know if it's so much gender related or just not a first baby thing. My family has gotten less enthusistic with each pregnacny/baby so now I think they just over it. But, I still hope you have a sweet baby girl for a 3rd to fulfill your dream!

Butterfly Spirit
October 26th, 2012, 12:31 AM
OMG Auroara, I LOVE THEM!!! SO CUTE! :) Are you going to dress baby up or no?
My DS#1 was a lobster his first Halloween... born in July.. it was hysterical!!! :)

My DS#1 has started making faces at the camera.. he's 4 now.. and gone are the smiles.. all we got at our family Halloween party were obnoxious or worried looks from him! bahaha

pinkin2011
October 26th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Thanks Auroara so do I! Not that I am even thinking about Our 3rd baby yet but its just upset me with my SIL having a girl.. I would just love to have that feeling one day and also to prove them all worng even my SIL. She sent me a text msg the night before her scan and said how scared she was and I said what are you scared of and she said them telling me its a boy! That made me angry!!!! Then last night after they found out its a girl she msg me and asked me if I had any girl name suggestions for her how rough is that.. She said she couldnt think of any girls names she liked! My brother ( which is her partner) has not even rang or msg me to congrat me on Oliver. And obviously they havent seen him yet either.
Auroara I am not sure if its because hes another boy or if its because its not our first but really what does it matter if its not the first because its still a new baby.. you know?? Bloody stupid family! It was my bday the other day I never even got a bday wish off any of my family apart from my dad.... havnt even gotten 1 card...

Butterfly Spirit
October 26th, 2012, 12:38 AM
Pinkin, I'm so sorry about your SIL. :(
Ugh, some people just don't think before they respond!
I have no doubt that you will get your daughter some day! You'll have what I have! Two sweet bonding brothers topped off with a baby sister.

pinkin2011
October 26th, 2012, 12:41 AM

Growing soooo fast!!