TTC a Girl Sway Attempt
Gender Result:
Unknown
DW Age:
DH Age:
Current Children's Gender(s)
1 Boy from previous relationship
Number of Months TTC
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
No
DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
Yes
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow? LE(Low Everything)

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
I started the IG diet in May but switched to LE diet abput Mid June
If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
Since May, and practically changed to vegetarian since mid June cause of LE Diet
Did you skip breakfast regularly?
Yes
Did DH change his diet with you?
Yes
Comments regarding DH's diet-
DH started the IG diet with me. After a few weeks that we switched to LE diet, I found out that DH did not need to do diet with me so he started to eat normally again but avoided meat and poultry. He also reduced caffeine intake drastically and switched from normal coffee to decaffinated one.
DId you consume alcohol? No

DId you try to limit caffeine?
Yes, I cutback
Any Diet Details?
I ate mostly a salad consisting of lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes with two slices of salt-free french sandwiches and some cottage cheese at lunch. Then I took a light yoghurt and a rice cracker a couple of hours later. For dinner I ate mostly vegetables in tortillas or matzo and some rice/noodles/couscous. Other times I cooked pasta with rikotta cheese or spinach and leeks but I tried to limit pasta for once a week. The food was very similar every day. Sometimes I took an apple or kiwi. All of my foods were completely Salt Free and that was quite difficult to get used to but in the end I didn't bother about it anymore. I ate normally though on Sundays cause we always go at my in laws and they didn't know we were swaying but we always tried to avoid meat as much as possible. I made sure to drink a glass of skimmed milk a day and lots of crystal light (a similar product to it cause couldn't find in my country).
Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
I was very good on the diet during the first months but started cheating a bit since August :( but never really blew it. Mostly I cheated during the 2ww cause sometimes I felt as if I was going crazy, so I needed to indulge in some cakes sometimes especially when we had events like BBQs or parties.
WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
weight 50kg, bmi 19.5
Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
None, just more walks by the sea.
THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
About 6 or 6.5
Any VG potions used? NO

CM pH at attempt
5.5 with first attempt, then it must have increased with several bd.
DH pH
Don't know
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
BD Dates according to Ovulation 3 Days Before O
1 Day Before O
O Day
After O

Any additional comments?
We tried to abstain for 7days but then thought that ovulation was coming earlier so we ended up with a 6day abstain. We dtd once on CD12, he released morning of CD13 and we tried to bd in the evening but he didn't finish. BD on CD14 morning and again on CD14 evening. BD on CD15 morning and again on CD15 evening. BD on CD16 evening. Ovulation was on CD15, confirmed by FF chart.
THE DEED INFO
DH Info about Swimmers Frequent Release
Abstained
DTD through Ovulation

BD Position
Multiple
Did you Jump and Dump? No

Any relevant attempt details?
Got Big O one one of the attempts, just couldn't help it and DH hadn't finished yet!
SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements folic acid
acidophiles
Magnesium
Saw Palmetto

DH Supplements Licorice Root
Cranberry
Magnesium
acidophiles

Any additional supplement info?
I also took Cranberry supps up to a few days of before Ovulation but stopped it cause it was making me very dry down there with no CM at all and I was convinced it was the reason why we didn't conceive the month before.
When I was on the IG diet, I used to take Calcium and Vitamin C, but stopped them when I started LE diet.
Did you do anything with Ions?
No, I wore a rose quartz pendant during May, June and perhaps July but stopped wearing it during attempts. I don't really beleive much in them.
Moon Phase during conception?
Full Moon
Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
We put a wooden spoon under bed on the first attempt but nothing on the second attempt.
Things that make me feel great about my sway:
Changed my diet completely. I used to eat meat every Sunday and once or twice more during the week. Used to have cereal as breakfast and used to eat quite some junk food and lots of cakes, biscuits etc before I started the LE diet. I practically changed to vegetarian for a month or two, and I almost did not eat vegetables (or only a few) when I had my son. So that was a big change. Also reduced salt completely. We bd several times and I think DH's sperm count was very low as sometimes it seemed that he didn't have any sperms at all with all the frequent bd. Apart from the fact that he was taking LR. I also lost weight although only a little (about 3.5kg) but I didn't have much weight to lose. I was about 53kg when I got pregnant with my son, so actually I was only 3kg less with this conception.
Things that make me nervous about my sway:
I cheated more in the last weeks of my sway. It was becoming increasingly difficult to watch others eat while I ate my boring veggies. I wish my abstain was of 7 days rather than 6 days, but I think we got pregnant with the other attempts as they were closer to ovulation.
Things worth mentioning:
This has been an exciting but at the same time difficult thing to do but I am very happy that I'd done it. I will be more than happy to have another son but I would know deep down in my heart that I did my very best to try for a girl. I don't want to regret not having tried cause this is our last baby. I had a lot of support from all the girls on this site and from Atomic who was there to answer all of my questions even when she herself was due with her little girl. DH supported everything that I did and he did diet with me during the time we were on IG diet without cheating. He also took supps willingly and did everything I asked him to. That helped a lot :)

cvd
October 1st, 2012, 01:58 PM
Great sway! I also think having a supportive and participating DH was a big help in my sway too, really keeps the motivation going. Lucky to have such great men! Congratulations again! :)

dreamingpink77
October 1st, 2012, 03:34 PM
Great sway! I also think having a supportive and participating DH was a big help in my sway too, really keeps the motivation going. Lucky to have such great men! Congratulations again! :)

Thanks CVD, I hope we have our little pink bundles in there. I just told my parents and sisters this evening but told them not to tell anyone else yet. They were very happy and when we left, my mum told one of my sisters 'I hope she has a girl!' My mum doesn't usually show much concern about gender, so I was a little surprised when my sister told me. They don't know I tried to sway girl. I really hope to make mum happy :) it seems all of our family wishes girl now. My mil also wishes girl cause my dh are 4brothers and 1sister in the family and they are all having sons, so this would be their first grandaughter! I guess she would be so fussed over :)

Maple
October 3rd, 2012, 04:44 AM
Well done Dreaming!

Such a great effort from both yourself and DH - impressive!

Really happy you got your BFP this cycle, I look forward to hearing updates. Enjoy your pregnancy!!!

All the best :awe: XX

dreamingpink77
October 3rd, 2012, 07:24 AM
Thanks Maple :) Now it's your turn :)

BabyCakesTor
October 4th, 2012, 12:19 AM
:fx: that you got all :pinksperm: lol

bythestream
October 4th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Congratulations!

dreamingpink77
October 4th, 2012, 12:56 AM