PDA

View Full Version : How can this happen ?

Mum23boys
October 2nd, 2012, 02:10 AM
How can this happen :-( no idea how many dpo I am but haven't tested since sat when I got my faint positive on the same test and now this I really don't know what to think I feel sick just looking at it

Mum23boys
October 2nd, 2012, 02:11 AM

Mum23boys
October 2nd, 2012, 02:11 AM
There isn't even the faintest line it's really negative !!

*ruby*
October 2nd, 2012, 02:12 AM
Maybe it's a faulty test. Do you have any others to again test with?

dreamingpink77
October 2nd, 2012, 02:18 AM
Sorry about that hun, but it really might be faulty. I suggest you try a Clear Blue one, I think they are better than most brands. I had more darker lines on them than on other brands.

Cinss
October 2nd, 2012, 02:21 AM
You would be more likely to get a false negative than a false positive.

Mum23boys
October 2nd, 2012, 03:00 AM
It's from the same box as the other one :-( so sad as it was faint on the 29th but definately there see below 5019 and today is hubby's birthday do I waited and waited and thought today's line would be strong so I'd do it then wake him with his presents one of which would be the positive test only for this to happen. Kind of ruined the morning. I have no other tests so will need to buy some or call doc and see what they say. Fmu is normally my best time when ive tested in the day I've only got very faint lines or negatives

wilma_five
October 2nd, 2012, 04:13 AM
Oh no.......
I feel your pain, I think you maybe miscarried your little one and hcg is out of your system.
Please see a docter asap, you nee a u/s.

Mum23boys
October 2nd, 2012, 04:23 AM
I have no bleeding or spotting yet so i assume now that my hcg levels are gone that i can expect that within the next few days ? I cant stop shaking i feel so sick. I have called the docs but they are full so triage nurse called me back and because she isnt in family planing she didnt know what to say to me so i know have to wait for someone else to call me back this afternoon :-( I feel crushed and on hubbys special day too :-( Maybe i jinxed it by buying that outfit

OnlyPraying
October 2nd, 2012, 04:34 AM
im sure its a crappy test! do u have any more tests lying around by any chance?

wilma_five
October 2nd, 2012, 04:40 AM
This a frer right, they are reliable. You should not get your hopes up right now, then it hurts even more.
You can take another test but please, be prepared! Maybe you should try a CB with conception indicator, very sensitive!

Mum23boys
October 2nd, 2012, 04:43 AM
Ive tried a clear blue one but its also negative - i dont have the conception indicator one but it was negative all the same - i still have sore boobs back ache and nausea so guess i just need to wait 24-48 hours now and see what happens - Im assuming if the hcg is gone from my system then teh miscarriage should happen fairly quickly ?

wilma_five
October 2nd, 2012, 04:46 AM
Could be, doesn't have to. There is also something called a "missed abortion". Then you don't get a bleeding or it takes a couple of weeks. Just take your time now, give yourself this moment to feel sad. It's a dream falling apart and I know this hurts really bad. Seek comfort with your DH!

Mum23boys
October 2nd, 2012, 04:56 AM
My dh is no use - he didnt want to get excited when we got the test he wanted to wait for the scan and so now he says i told u so - he doesnt understand why im so sad - he thinks we just need to wait for things to happen them move on to next month - I on the other hand am crushed and the last thing on my mind is trying again.

wilma_five
October 2nd, 2012, 05:04 AM
I'm so sorry for you!!
That's not really nice to hear from someone as close as DH. Can you call a friend or your mom or someone you feel close enough to? You need a listener!

Northern_Shutterbug
October 2nd, 2012, 05:17 AM
It seems like we're going through the same thing. I'm waiting for the nurse to call me back. It's absolutely horrible all this waiting.

Mum23boys
October 2nd, 2012, 05:23 AM
I just cant stop crying but feel like i need to hide my feelings in front of dh as he says im making it hard on myself, its pointless beatig my self up about it, that we havent done anything wrong and it obviously just wasnt meant to be and so to let nature take its course - I just want to be held and to cry.

Lassie1982
October 2nd, 2012, 06:02 AM
i have no words to make it right but just wanted to say that i am thinking of you and sending you lots of hugs
:hugs:

I hope you can get in to see a dr soon for a blood test...when was/is AF due?

I hope you get some resolution soon and I hope you find the strenght to get back on the bandwagon again...

And pls dont think you jinxed yourself, it really doesnt work like that, please dont beat yourself up

Thinking of you xo

Butterfly Spirit
October 2nd, 2012, 06:08 AM
:HH: Mum23, I'm with the other ladies, I'm So sorry that you have to go through this, and I'm wishing that all is well and your test is just faulty!!!! I hope you get answers soon!

Mum23boys
October 2nd, 2012, 06:59 AM
Thanks Lassie its now 3 days late. I have spoke to the doc who says they will do a urie sample but how that will differ from what im doing myself at home i dont know - I need to collect a pot today ad then take to the hospitala nd wait 3 days for the results !! I think ill keep the pot and use the FMU tomorrow as if there is even the smallest amount of hcg left im guessing thats when it would most likely show up so should then know fingers crossed by the weekend or monday morning - unless of course something happens in the mean time to confirm my worst fears

Lassie1982
October 2nd, 2012, 07:12 AM
How annoying that they wont do a blood test! What it is with the UK? You and Northern_shutterbug seem to be in similar positions, and they wont give her a blood test either...over here you turn up to the Dr's and say 'i think i might be pregnant ' and they are pulling out the syringe and vial for blood collection - and the results are available same day (or following day for regional areas)
Is there somewhere else you can go and insist on a blood test? Maybe fib and say that you are further on then you are and want confirmation?

I have everything crossed for you and am sending you all the positive thoughts i have!

Butterfly Spirit
October 2nd, 2012, 07:14 AM
I can't imagine why you can't get a beta either!!!! >: (

jennaesue
October 2nd, 2012, 07:18 AM
I'm sorry you are going through this. It's horrible not knowing what is going on. I would definitely take another hpt.

Mum23boys
October 2nd, 2012, 07:48 AM
Thanks Ladies i spoke to the EPU at the hospital and she said the same as the doc - take another test in a week - they wont see me until 11-12 weeks - she didnt sound hopefull - she said to expect bleeding in next 7 days :-( Hey ho - Am going to spend a small fortune on pregnancy tests this afternoon and test every morning for the next week in the hope that just 1 of them goes positive. Im ot sure if HCG can go down then back up but im not holding out much hope so probably just throwing my money away but i need to know - i cant just sit and wait :-(

LacePrincess
October 2nd, 2012, 07:52 AM
Oh no......

Haven't read all the replies yet, so forgive me if I'm just repeating what PP's have said. First of all, :hugs:. I'm so sorry. Was that the only test you did? The previous positive one? It is so RARE to get a false positive. I would get another test (maybe a FRER?) asap before you freak and try again. If it's BFN too, then it sounds like a chemical.

So much bad luck on these boards this past week, unfortunately you're not the only one experiencing a chemical with this cycle. I'm really sorry.

This is why I refuse refuse to test till AF is due, I just can't take the heartbreak of seeing a BFP that doesn't work out, but it's actually very common. I don't know if it's going to be reassuring, but chemicals & early m/c's are very, very common, and before the advent of early IC's and FRER's we'd have never known since older tests didn't work so early.

LacePrincess
October 2nd, 2012, 07:56 AM
How annoying that they wont do a blood test! What it is with the UK? You and Northern_shutterbug seem to be in similar positions, and they wont give her a blood test either...over here you turn up to the Dr's and say 'i think i might be pregnant ' and they are pulling out the syringe and vial for blood collection - and the results are available same day (or following day for regional areas)
Is there somewhere else you can go and insist on a blood test? Maybe fib and say that you are further on then you are and want confirmation?

I have everything crossed for you and am sending you all the positive thoughts i have!

Yes, I agree, what's WITH you gals in the UK not getting blood tests? WTF?

I really wouldn't lie if I were you though. They can tell and you don't want to set up a bad relationship with your local hospital/dr's.

Really weird, here in Ontario I'd have no problem asking my doc for any blood test, and we have universal healthcare too so it's not like I'm paying out of pocket. I find it really strange you can't get one!

Don't waste money on drugstore tests, just get a bunch of IC's. The hospital's probably dismissive because you ARE testing neg on the test and therefore there's no risk of an ectopic. Like I said before, chemicals are really, really, common so that's probably why you're getting dismissed, but they should still do a test if you really want one. Geesh!

cvd
October 2nd, 2012, 08:05 AM
Omg my heart just broke for you. I am so sorry to hear this is happening. I hope everything works out :( I can't imagine how that feels :( keep strong!

dreamingpink77
October 2nd, 2012, 08:06 AM
I'm so sorry Mum23boys, I was out today and just got back to the computer to check how you are. I'm really sorry, I hope everything turns out to be ok but I wouldn't be too hopeful if you did more than one test and it's still negative. Sometimes it is really best to have a missed AF before we test so at least if someone has a chemical, she doesn't get to know. I can only imagine how you must feel :( So sorry about your DH also, don't take it personal though, they cannot understand how we feel about having or losing a baby, it's not in their nature.

I really hope you get some sort of confirmation sweetie, I'm :pray: for you that everything turns out to be ok! :(

:hugs:

Mum23boys
October 2nd, 2012, 08:06 AM
Whats an IC ? sorry to be dim . Lace im now 3 days late and had 5 positives every day last week then stopped testing on 29th and only tested today as didnt want to give hubby a smelly 3 day old test on his birthday so did a new test in preperation to wake him up with and thats when it was negative !!! so somewehre on 30th and 1st things have gone wrong ? I did a first response and a clear blue both negative.
Ill get some different types at tesco this afternoon and use fmu to test over the next 7 days or until the bleeding starts. The EPU said if i get a positive in the next week then to call them and they will do an ultrasound but if they all stay negative then to expect the worst

deaks66
October 2nd, 2012, 08:13 AM
id buy another... just because its from the same box doesn't mean it cant be faulty. FX!!

jennaesue
October 2nd, 2012, 08:28 AM
IC = internet cheapie. I got a pack of 40 opks and 10 hpts on Amazon for $12.

LacePrincess
October 2nd, 2012, 08:59 AM
IC = internet cheapie. I got a pack of 40 opks and 10 hpts on Amazon for $12.

I get mine here: Early Pregnancy Tests and Ovulation Predictor Kits for Home Use (http://early-pregnancy-tests.com/) , $35 for 50 OPK's and 15 HPT's, and free shipping but I believe that's Canada/US only for the free shipping.

Hang in there, if it helps try to move on to thinking about your next attempt, or distract yourself with a dinner out, hobbies, buy yourself something, whatever works! Try to remind yourself that if the bean didn't stick it was probably not healthy, and better to start over then force things not meant to be. Still sucks though, no denying that!

Boymomsrock
October 2nd, 2012, 09:08 AM
Oh i'm so sorry mom23 that just sucks. :(

Mum23boys
October 2nd, 2012, 09:56 AM
Thanks again guys your support is amazing. Ive done internet tests today and all negative and also a digital one said "not pregnant". back hurts i feel sick and cant stop crying.
Im going to do another test in the morning with FMU and try not to drink anything tonight and if still negative then i gguess ill have my answer and just wait for mother nature to do what she needs to do and move on. The thought of going back on the LE diet for another month is really putting me off.

NCBeachyGrl
October 2nd, 2012, 09:59 AM
I'm so sorry mum23boys. Big hugs. Things can be so unfair sometimes.

atomic sagebrush
October 2nd, 2012, 10:23 AM
I'm sorry, it does sound like a chemical. :(

sweetpea
October 2nd, 2012, 10:49 AM
Oh, no! Mum, I am just seeing this thread now, and my heart is literally breaking for you!!! :( I am so, so sorry you're going through this right now. Please take care of yourself, and if DH doesn't seem to be understanding, know that you can come here and vent to us any time you need - we're all here for you.

Big, big (((hugs))) to you, Mum. I'm :pray: for you.

Mum23boys
October 2nd, 2012, 12:03 PM
Thanks Girls I feel a bit better now - I know that it is probably the end but DH found a link about it being possible for HCG levels to go down and stay udetectable until as much as 3 months pregnant - Ifact i spoke to a lady on baby centre who was 5 months pregnant and the doctors urine and blood tests were still saying she wasnt - it was only the ultrasound that confirmed it so you just never know - I will give it a week ( after doing 1 more test in the morning with FMU) AND then in a week if still no bleeding will test again ( next tuesday the 9th ) and see where we are at and if still no bleeding but a negative result Ill call the hospital and ill either need a d&c or an ultrasound bloodtest to see whats going on. Im all cried out right now though so just got to try and keep on for the boys and see what the next 7 days brings - Ill keep you all posted but in the mean time I might take some time away from here.

The Anchor
October 2nd, 2012, 01:08 PM
So sorry Mum23...

LacePrincess
October 2nd, 2012, 02:17 PM
All the best for you, and I think it's a good idea to get away for a bit, get some perspective. TTC should not consume your whole life even though it really does for most of us!

Hopefully AF will come and go and you can start anew. In the meantime, try to find something else important to be passionate about.

Mrs_P
October 2nd, 2012, 03:09 PM
Hi really really sorry to hear your sad news :sad:

A friend of mine had a couple of missed abortions, she went to the hospital for her scan and baby had stopped growing at 5 weeks, she didn't miscarry til 2 weeks after her 11 week scan. When i have had bleeding in the past my doc has sent me to the early pregnancy unit and they did a scan (i was 6 weeks with ds2 and thought i was miscarrying) they couldn't tell me much other than there was something there but asked me to go back again in 2 weeks to see what had happened, bleeding stopped and he was fine but they did do something, is it worth asking for an ultra sound

Mum23boys
October 2nd, 2012, 03:38 PM
Mrs P - Im going to leave it a week ad if still no bleeding but still - tests then ill request an ultrasound but ill only be 5 weeks + 2 days ish so may still be too early but i cant go on like this until like 11 weeks not knowing - if the baby isnt viable i want a d&c and to move on and not wait weeks and weeks for it to clear itself if that makes sense. Until Monday im ot going to do anything except hold tight and keep praying

Dreamofpink
October 2nd, 2012, 03:43 PM
Oh mum23boys, my heart really goes out to you. It's just awful to have a chemical and I really hope that this isn't one for you. Although I have no evidence, I'm pretty certain I had one in May. I just knew I was pg but refused to do a test until I was late, when I did do a test it was negative even though I'd started to feel my uterus stretching - a 2ww symptom I'd only ever had when pg. However, I did have an extremely vivid dream just before my bfn where I dreamt that I was watching a baby bird fledge and I had to say goodbye. I didn't get that much sympathy as I hadn't had a BFP, even my mum said that it was probably for the best - it still HURTS though!!! I'll be thinking of you and hope that it's just a false negative. :hugs:

fiveboysandagirl
October 2nd, 2012, 03:44 PM
Sorry to hear about what you're going through.
Xx

Sent from my MK16i using Tapatalk 2

hopingforsaskia
October 2nd, 2012, 04:03 PM
Oh no Mum23!!!! I've only just read this.. I'm so sorry. :( it doesn't sound positive, but there's always hope I suppose. I'm thinking of you either way xx

Mum23boys
October 2nd, 2012, 04:09 PM
Thanks Ladies - Your comments really help even if i do cry every time i log on. Like i said one last test in the mornig then ill be leaving for a week ad coming back Monday to do another test and then call the doc / hospital for more advice on moving forward if bleeding hasnt started by then. I just wish i didnt feel quite so pregnant then it might seem more real but right now no bleeding and feeling pregnant, being swollen, sore boobs etc it just all seems so unfair

Mum23boys
October 3rd, 2012, 06:53 AM
Well its just starting :-( I guess I class this as CD 1 ?

hopingforsaskia
October 3rd, 2012, 08:38 AM
:( I guess so. I'm sorry Mum23.. Hugest hugs.. xx

Dreamofpink
October 3rd, 2012, 05:23 PM
I've been thinking of you today, hoping that it wouldn't be bad news. I'm really sorry for you and understand how hard it is to let that dream go, it must be so much harder after seeing a BFP. I hope that you can find the strength to move on and try again this month and know that we're all here for you x x

Myloves
October 3rd, 2012, 05:51 PM
Thinking of you x
I'm so sorry mum23boys :(

sweetpea
October 3rd, 2012, 10:41 PM
Oh Mum, I am so, so sorry to hear this. :( I was really pulling for you, but now I've read that you're bleeding. My heart is breaking for you. I :pray: with all my heart that only good will come of this - that it may help you get your girl, if you are indeed trying this next cycle. Whatever you choose to do, make sure to take good care of yourself. Big, big (((hugs))) to you, my friend. :HH: