PDA

View Full Version : Gut feeling on gender?

BZ94
October 2nd, 2012, 10:09 PM
Hi

So I'm only like 5 weeks pregnant, but I have no "gut feeling" on this baby's gender. I swayed pink, but I just I can't picture this baby being anything but a boy. Maybe because that's all I know (2 DS's already) or is that just my gut telling me that's what it is? Did anyone else have a gut feeling about their baby's gender and was it right or wrong?

Rosie85
October 3rd, 2012, 12:41 AM
With my first two I knew they were boys, especially the further along I got. This time I really really feel like it is a girl. Hoping my instinct is 3 for 3.

Sihaya
October 3rd, 2012, 09:16 AM
With my first, I knew it was a boy before I knew for sure I was pregnant. With the second pregnancy, I knew it was a girl from the very beginning, but never had confirmation of that since I miscarried at 10 weeks. After that, I didn't get any gut feeling with my next pregnancy, which was another miscarriage at 9 weeks. With my last pregnancy, I knew very strongly that he was a boy, but not until I was in the second trimester.

Mrs_P
October 3rd, 2012, 10:39 AM
with ds1 i was sure he was a boy and he was, i knew from like 10 weeks on, no idea with ds2 and i was sure ds3 was a girl. Whilst its fun to guess please don't set too much by it i've seen a couple of girls (myself included) crushed when they heard boy as they were convinced it was a girl. Sometimes intuition works but if you are sure swaying won't work for you or that you'll surely get lucky this time round you can block it out

mrsrb
October 8th, 2012, 03:08 PM
ive had a gut feeling this ones a girl then i saw the scan and im thinking boy not sure if its because i see my boys in the babys face!! but initial gut was girl!! xx

TT_3814
October 10th, 2012, 03:53 PM
I knew with Ds1 and 2 and was right. I had no feeling with DS3 at all until the 20 week scan, the second I saw him on the screen it hit me like a truck, all boy. No feeling with my angel and found out when I lost him. No real gut feeling with this one either but thoughts of its a girl keep popping up, but I'm betting it's a boy. :)

Cinss
October 10th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Im starting to get a gut feeling @ 8 weeks

Cinss
October 14th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Yeah for some reason i am really starting to think it is a boy :fx:

Lassie1982
October 15th, 2012, 02:34 AM
:fx: for you cinns!!
My gut says its a girl. But my head an logic keep saying boy.

But I'm never certain if its my gut that says girl, or the deep seeded desire I feel.

Ah well, we'll find out for certain on the 1st of December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cinss
October 15th, 2012, 03:16 AM
Did you have a gut feeling with your son Lassie? I am pretty sure i had it with DD, but maybe because DP already had 2 girls i was just sure i would get one too with him.

Lassie1982
October 15th, 2012, 04:46 AM
Did you have a gut feeling with your son Lassie? I am pretty sure i had it with DD, but maybe because DP already had 2 girls i was just sure i would get one too with him.

I don't really remember :( But i do remember that my grandmother - who had correctly picked the gender of all 6 of her great grandchildren said 'girl' so it never really occurred to me that he could be anything else LOL it was HUGE surprise at the 20 week scan.

Jadis
October 29th, 2012, 04:59 PM
I'm only 6 weeks pregnant but my gut instinct says that this is another boy. That would be my 3rd and final! I'm not sure if it's actually an instinct or if I feel that way because my sway was weak and I don't want to allow myself much hope for a girl. I've already started referring to the baby as 'he', I had a very vivid dream that I went for an ultrasound and saw a clear penis. Can't help but think that the dream was a sign!

mykiwibaby
October 29th, 2012, 06:26 PM
With my first DD i thought Boy, with my second DD i knew she was a girl, and with this one i think boy again. I really dont want to jinx myself but i have had about 5 dreams about this baby being a boy... again another one last night! First dream i have i was about 5 days pregnant and i gave birth to him, but woke up before i saw his face, second dream and i saw him on an ultrasound and i was really angry with DH because he made me look at the screen and i didnt want to know, thrid dream was he was a newborn and sitting in a nappy and blue singlet on my knee and he had really dark hair like his father, forth dream was i saw a perfect boy nub at my ultrasound... and last nights dream he was sitting in a car seat in the back of my old car and my father was there and asked what i had, i opened up his nappy and say his little willy LOL I didnt have any dreams like this with my first 2 DD's. Im going with my instinct.... pray im right!

sbowman
October 29th, 2012, 07:39 PM
I knew my DS was a boy, and turned out to be right. This time I was for sure that it was a girl, but I was wrong. :( I had such a strong feeling, even had dreams that I gave birth to a girl. I desperately want to go ask the ultrasound tech to do it again and tell me I'm right. It's such a weird feeling.

Tiggerian
October 30th, 2012, 05:03 AM
I was like that with both of my boys - from the moment of the BFP I felt they were girls, but around 15/16 weeks I just knew they were boys.

I remember with my first son I had to have a scan at 16+5 because my first child, Lily, had a chromosomal abnormality and they needed to check my son didn't have it. Anyway, the night before I dreamt I was at the scan and they told me "It's a BOY!" and I got SO angry in my dream, I threw a massive hissy fit because MY baby was a GIRL! Bit funny... Next day: "It's a boy!!" No hissy fit, just tears of joy :giggle:

With my second at about 15 weeks I had another dream similar to it where I dreamt I was walking down the street with my pram and met a friend who commented what a sweet baby boy I had gotten. And sure enough, at 20 weeks scan they said they were 90% sure it was a boy!

So my initial gut instinct have been wrong with both my boys, but later my instincts told me they were boys and were right. So I guess subconsciously I knew they were both boys!

Sugaree
October 30th, 2012, 03:49 PM
I only had a strong feeling with my third. I told everyone it was a boy from the beginning and wasn't surprised at all to be right. I had no gd with him.

I did hope for a girl with my first and assumed I would have one, but I wouldn't call it a gut feeling. I was just naive. lol