PDA

View Full Version : 2 others with 3 Girls

NYFamilyOfFiveRoses
February 16th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Today at the school I found out another father that I know has 3 girls. He has a preschooler like myself and a set of twin girls (age 8). I was like wow I have 3 girls also. And another mother there also a mother to a 5th grader and a set of twins in preschool.

I really felt like asking them if they get nasty comments and how they answer them etc. I was so tempted, but it was just not the right place and time to do it.

I know that some people do not care at all, but I am sure they still get the dumb comments like "are you going to try for THAT boy". "Oh 3 girls, you tried 3 times and that is what you got" or any other ones you can think of.

I notice lately I say it out loud just so I get it out. I say "I am a Mom to 3 girls". Another mom today said I have 3 girls also and my 4th was a boy and I was so surprised but nothing nasty came out of her mouth.

Like I said in pps I really think it depends on the person and if they are an itiot or not. Somebody that says something insensitive will say it to any type of topic.

1pinkwish
February 16th, 2011, 02:22 PM
I always like finding other moms with 3 boys too. I feel kindred and safe with them. Like they do know what it's like, even if they have no desire whatsoever for a girl.

I'm glad you met some good people that can relate to your situation.

And you are so right, those type of people will say something stupid and insensitive regardless of the topic!

NYFamilyOfFiveRoses
February 16th, 2011, 02:37 PM
I always like finding other moms with 3 boys too. I feel kindred and safe with them. Like they do know what it's like, even if they have no desire whatsoever for a girl.

I'm glad you met some good people that can relate to your situation.

And you are so right, those type of people will say something stupid and insensitive regardless of the topic!

And as soon as those people say something stupid or insensitive at the school, I will just say hi and be polite, but I never allow myself to get to know them at all. That is like my test in that preschool. I see how they react when I say "I am a Mom to 3 girls". If it is nice okay. If it is dumb, then they are off my list. I bet they wonder why I am so standoffish and have no clue.

1pinkwish
February 16th, 2011, 02:45 PM
I am the SAME way!!! I just don't tolerate that kind of thing well at all. I even turned off a TV show yesterday cause it was sort of doing that and it made me so mad!!

NYFamilyOfFiveRoses
February 17th, 2011, 07:48 AM
I am the SAME way!!! I just don't tolerate that kind of thing well at all. I even turned off a TV show yesterday cause it was sort of doing that and it made me so mad!!

Next week my older DD has off the enitre week for Mid-winter recess and she wants to come to the preschool to see her sster's class. It is like I want to bring her in a few minutes late so I do not have to stand around while all the mothers gossip about everything then they will want to ask me questions etc.

I wonder if there is a preschool where I can just pick up my child and not have to stand around and wait which leaves room for conversation. This is the 2nd time that I used this preschool. For DD3, I definately do not want to use this school.

Not to go off the subject, but I pay somebody to watch my DD3 while I pick up DD2 and it is so expensive. Now I am using the person 2x being it is so cold out. As soon as the weather warms up I will take the baby with me again mornings.

After this, I do not have to deal with preschool for another 4 years. It is always so hard for me being I always have a baby when one child is in preschool.

Sorry to vent but it seems everyone at the school always has somebody free to watch their baby family or something. It is like everyone is just home with open arms to take their babies. Nobody works I guess.

So it is like a combination of having to pay somebody to watch the baby then the comments if I have all my girls with me etc.

Sorry this has all been getting to me. I have the rest of this month, March, April, May and then June then she graduates. This year is very long.

atomic sagebrush
February 20th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I remember that from when my older boys were small - everyone was just like, oh let's have a girls night out/shopping/exercise group and I never had anyone to watch my kids because my husband works nights. It sucked!

Now of course I have my older boys to watch my little boys but all the moms are WAYYYY younger than me now! ;)