PDA

View Full Version : STILL BFN at 10dpo - time to accept it?

EmmyRoo
October 3rd, 2012, 09:53 AM
Hi,
I'm sorry to keep banging on about my 2ww when so many people seem to be having such a horrible time. I just feel so miserable at the moment.

I did another FRER this morning at 10dpo and got my 4th complete BFN in a row. I have no pregnancy symptoms other than my temp still being elevated - not massively high but higher than before I OV'd.

Is it time for me to accept that I'm not pregnant this month and stop wasting my tests, or is there still any point in hoping? A part of me wants to rush out+buy a load of cheap tests and start testing 3 times a day but I kind of know it won't get me anywhere.

Is 10dpo still too early to guarantee a result, even with a FRER? Or am I just kidding myself?
:tissue:

Mrs_P
October 3rd, 2012, 10:32 AM
Some girls have gotten a bfp as late as 14 days, alot at 12 dpo after a bfn at 10 days. are you sure of your dates to cause if you o'd the later you'd only be 9 and that really does seem too early to tell. Don't give up hope, i've been in the 2ww for months now and seen many girls pull it around and get a bfp last minute.

i always have af signs a couple of days before and i know i'm out, are you getting any symptoms or a temp drop x

wilma_five
October 3rd, 2012, 10:55 AM
So far:
10 dpo BFN
11 dpo am: very faint BFP
12 dpo pm: BFN

GL

Northern_Shutterbug
October 3rd, 2012, 01:07 PM
STEP BACK AND STOP TESTING!

As one of those going through the horribleness of a chemical, do not test again until your AF is late, and by that, I mean the LATEST it will be! For me my luteal phase is 11 days and I ovulated early this month, so FF was telling me that Sunday was AF day, so by today I was thinking I was 3 days late, which raised my hope and I was clinging to it with all my strength. But then an app I've been using for 3 years and has been spot on EVERY month was saying yesterday was AF day, which was when my temp plummeted. If I'd left testing to 4 days before AF was really due then I never would have seen those damn positives and I wouldn't have gone through all that crap.

Step away and wait - I know it's difficult but get DH to hide any tests you have and promise yourself that you will not buy any until you are actually late.

Northern_Shutterbug
October 3rd, 2012, 01:09 PM
Remember - the later you find out you're pregnant, the further into your pregnancy! Closer to your due date and each day reduces the risk of it going wrong.

EmmyRoo
October 3rd, 2012, 01:44 PM
Thanks Mrs P, I don't have any AF symptoms yet, bit of CM and faint twinges but nothing major. It's good to hear a bfp is still possible.

Wilma, thanks, I really hope you get your strong bfp.

Northern, I really appreciate you posting when you're going through such a hard time. I take your point, I've never used early tests before and it seems from what's happening here that it's more of a curse than a blessing getting such an early bfp, it's still so uncertain. I think I will try to resist the tests and see what my temps do, still high just now but Af due Friday so anything could happen I suppose.
X

Northern_Shutterbug
October 3rd, 2012, 01:57 PM
Friday is a long time away in early pregnancy terms. I got my first BFP on 8dpo and AF arrived at 14dpo. It's a long time to be in limbo and fear.

Plan things out of the house or do all those little things that you've not been doing, clearing clutter, getting rid of old clothes, clearing out the food cupboard, doing done gardening, visiting a friend you've not seen in ages, cooking a special meal for you and DH, go to the cinema, get your Christmas shopping done, anything to distract you!

EmmyRoo
October 3rd, 2012, 05:32 PM
Thanks northern, that's awful that you had almost a week to wait, it does seem so cruel.

Funny you should mention de-cluttering cos I actually spent this afternoon in my wardrobe sorting the shoe mountain out! It definitely helps having something to focus on other than bloody pregnancy tests. Luckily I'm working tomorrow and Friday so I won't be able to test, I've decided to take your advice and steer clear of testing until Saturday, if AF hasn't arrived on Fri. I'll see what my temps do, maybe I'll get some hope from them but I'll try to look on this as waiting for AF now, rather than a bfp.

I hope you're feeling ok and treating yourself before launching into next cycle; with any luck Oct will be both our month.
X

Cinss
October 4th, 2012, 02:06 AM
I agree everyone should wait until AF is late to test. On top of the fact it would be heart breaking to have a chemical, you dont know how long it is going to take you to concieve. For me it was 10 months, so the first few months i was testing at 10dpo and every day until AF arrived so i saw BFN after BFN month after month and it made me obsessed and depressed. Then finally one day i thought to myself "hmm AF was due yesterday" i did a test and got the biggest nicest surprise dark BFP. It will get expensive with all the tests if you unfortunatly take a while to concieve.

Lassie1982
October 4th, 2012, 04:22 AM
I had stark white negatives till 12DPO, and even then it was faint!

Northern_Shutterbug
October 4th, 2012, 04:24 AM
EmmyRoo - PM me if you want a distraction! I'm away from tomorrow morning but will be on email regularly.

wilma_five
October 4th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Got my BFP! (13 dpo)

dreamingpink77
October 4th, 2012, 06:03 AM
Hi Emmy, don't lose hope yet, but if I were you I would stop testing until AF is due. I had a Big Negative on 10dpo with a test that should give results at 10dpo, then tested on 12dpo and got a very very faint line. Still faint on 13dpo and I only got a dark line on 16dpo! and as for symptoms, I was a little tired on 12dpo and had some cm which started after ovulation and continued till now and had larger boobs (which could have easily been an AF symptom), nothing more. My temps were different from my usual charts cause usually they are a zig zag while this month they were increasing and made a stair like pattern, but that was the only thing that gave me hope I could be pregnant. Wishing you lots of luck :)

EmmyRoo
October 4th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Thank you all for replying, you're all so lovely! And yay Wilma! :cheer:

Well I didn't test today, temps still above coverline but not really climbing, just sort of meandering along. Had some v mild aches+brown cm today which I thought was AF, but hours later it's no heavier, so now my damn hopes are raising that it's implantation or breakthrough bleeding or something - what is breakthrough bleeding anyway?!

I'm going to see what my temps do and if this bleeding continues, may test sat/sun if AF isn't in full swing. What do you think?
X

LacePrincess
October 4th, 2012, 08:16 AM
IME, those IC's are good because they're cheap, but frankly they suck for early testing. I've never managed to get a good DARK line on them until weeks into a confirmed pregnancy, with HCG blood tests results of almost 1000! So yeah, I have a real love/hate feeling about IC's, lol.

Having said that, I can't help obsessing over poas'ing either. Every time we TTC I say geez, learn already, no point getting so wrapped up in stupid pee sticks, and yet every 2ww can I resist? Nooooooo....... Yeesh.

Though this cycle I was more worried about my luteal phase being long enough to sustain a pregnancy (still bf'ing which can cause LPD) so it looks like my LP is at least 10 days, which is no worse than it was before, so I'm happy enough with that. (My usual LP is only 10-12 days). And, going to start a new knitting project today to have something not TTC to fuss over, lol.

Can't wait till the weekend for AF to show so I can eat like a madwomen and cheat cheat cheat cheat cheat on this damned diet!

skrimpy
October 4th, 2012, 08:35 AM
So far:
10 dpo BFN
11 dpo am: very faint BFP
12 dpo pm: BFN

GL

I had this same experience.

I'd gotten a BFP at 10 DPO in a previous pg too and thought for sure I was out.

I would agree with pp and wait a few days to test!!!

EmmyRoo
October 4th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Well, that's me out, AF in full flow. I'm really upset just now, especially as my luteal phase has dropped to 10 days, but hoping October is luckier for me. Thanks for all your support. X