PDA

View Full Version : Can ultrasounds be wrong?

Honey7
October 3rd, 2012, 01:00 PM
Hi everyone ....jus want to know can ultrasounds can be wrong.....has anyone experienced it.....from my 20th week ultrasound i could guess it was a boy but after doing my 24th week ultrasound the tech said its a girl....his machines were very old...n he didnt take much time while guessing.....could it be wrong as i have a strong intution that its a boy....cud boys part be hiding or something.....need ur help guys pks reply.....

babynumber3
October 3rd, 2012, 01:27 PM
If I got two different results I would have to have a gender scan done to confirm it. It's hard to know who is right or wrong as they know better than us and we can't really tell like they can. Get another scan to put ur mind at rest.

Butterfly Spirit
October 3rd, 2012, 02:38 PM
You need a good machine.. can you get a private scan at a decent place?
Can you post any pictures for us?

Mrs_P
October 3rd, 2012, 03:03 PM
its hard to tell it could have been cord in the first shot or unclear view in the second. the only way to know is another scan. techs can of course be wrong and one of them is, in our hospital they have a news paper clipping of parents told girl but babe was a boy and a note saying they look if parents request it but the ultra sounds aren't done for gender purposes and they can be wrong (not very common though)

Cinss
October 3rd, 2012, 05:07 PM
The tech could be wrong, but the further along you are the more accurate it should be.