PDA

View Full Version : My odds are looking worse by the day!

1pinkwish
February 16th, 2011, 02:17 PM
The world just feels so unfair sometimes! UGH!!

In the past 2 days, 3 people I know have had baby girls. All already had a mix. And somehow, with each new announcement, I just feel like the odds of it happening for me too are just less and less. :(

And this one girl in particular, really frustrates me. She has been so smug about the whole thing. And she actually was due just 3 days before me, and yet she was adament that she was having her baby early and obviously did. She complained about how the pregnancy was keeping her from being able to do her marathons. And it really bothered me cause before her gender u/s, she told everyone to pray for her that it would be another girl. And of course, she gets what she wants, and still has the gall to complain about insignificant things that she should have known were just a part of being pregnant. Overall I don't think she's been terribly uncomfortable, but sadly the baby was keeping her from being as "active" as she normall is. :sigh:

Well, yesterday was her birthday, and she posts on FB everyone pray real hard and maybe I'll get my baby girl as my birthday present today. And what do you know, she has her baby girl on her birthday just as she wished for.

I just don't get it! Why do some people merely have to wish for something and POOF--there it is for them, and others beg and pray and go to all kinds of extreme measures and it still doesn't happen for them?! :(

Times like this just get me down. I've got a little over 2 wks to go until my scheduled delivery, and hopefully I'll deliver before that anyway. But, I don't know, now I'm feeling like I don't really have any hope left that this will actually be a girl. :(

It's hard to really be happy either way when you see all the unfairness around you!

Just needed to vent again. Sorry!

nuthinbutpink
February 16th, 2011, 02:24 PM
I'm sorry. Some people are just clueless and have no idea how self-centered they are. It's a funny thing about being like that, you can see angry in the mirror, happiness and sadness too but you cannot see self-centered in the mirror. It is only though the eyes of onlookers that traits like that are revealed.

Be you and keep your head up. "Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne"

1pinkwish
February 16th, 2011, 02:48 PM
That's why I hate my GD so bad!! I don't want to seem self-centered about it. It's just after 3 in a row, it just only seems fair to finally get to experience the opposite. But, I know that's not how life is, and it's just frustrating me today. LOL

nuthinbutpink
February 16th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Good Lord- I was talking about your friend! Not you silly!

atomic sagebrush
February 16th, 2011, 03:32 PM
That is my experience too and in fact I have a pretty good track record of predicting gender based soleley on, "do I think this person deserves it or not?" If it's someone I really like and really want it for, they hardly ever do, but if it's someone who is mean, then 9 times out of ten they get their DG! :P

1pinkwish
February 16th, 2011, 04:00 PM
I know, NBP! :)

And, oh gosh, Atomic, I do the same thing! And like you said 9 times out of 10 it turns out true! :(

I'm going to go be extra mean now, and pray that does enough to sway my odds for my big reveal in a few weeks! LOL j/k

JackiesHope
February 16th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Oh i'm so sorry your FB friend is such a bag. I wonder why mean people get what they want all of the time? Maybe it is a reward for being mean? Nice guys finish last is what they always say. I wonder if it is true.

Maybe you can be a super mean bag to the delievery room nurses and doctors, and out will come a baby girl?

1pinkwish
February 17th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Oh i'm so sorry your FB friend is such a bag. I wonder why mean people get what they want all of the time? Maybe it is a reward for being mean? Nice guys finish last is what they always say. I wonder if it is true.

Maybe you can be a super mean bag to the delievery room nurses and doctors, and out will come a baby girl?

LOL It's the only chance I've got left at this point. LOL

I'm just so ready to get this over with and KNOW already!!! The anxiety is getting too much!

Dreamingforaboy
February 24th, 2011, 04:36 PM
That's why I hate my GD so bad!! I don't want to seem self-centered about it. It's just after 3 in a row, it just only seems fair to finally get to experience the opposite. But, I know that's not how life is, and it's just frustrating me today. LOL

OMG I relate to this, I sometimes get frustrated and angry with others around me getting their desired gender - which seems to be at a click of a finger! - and there's me rearranging my life for my DG... after 3 in a row surely someone should cut me some slack! I too hate feeling this way, especially when I look at my beautiful family...the guilt can be crippling.