PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to critique my supplements?

LolaInLove
February 16th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Really the only stuff that I wonder about is the supplements. I have timing, position, moon, etc. all under control, and I've been doing well with the diet. I don't completely cut out dairy, but have half & half in my coffee and milk in cereal when I eat that, but I do eat a very boy diet now.

My deal: I'm 35, DH is 38. This will be my 3rd, but his first bio child. He's got a job where I worry his sperm might be compromised, but nothing has been analyzed, so we just do things to boost sperm. We TTC for 6 months, then on month 6, had a chemical preganany (hence the few things for anti-m/c). We took last month off, and now are (maybe) ready to try again this month. We've been on this supp combo for about 4 weeks straight, and I'm about to have AF, so by the time I O again, will be 6 weeks straight. DH has taken the Fertilaid for the last 6 months though.

So here are the supps I'm on:

Folid acid (800mg)
Flaxseed oil (2000mg)
Fish oil (1000mg)
Pynogenol (recommended amount, can't remember)
Potassium (99mg)
RJ/BP capsule (rec amount)
EPO (1200mg)
Zinc (50mg)
Raspberry Leaf tab (rec amount)
DHEA (25mg)

DH is on:

Fertilaid for Men
Zinc (50mg)
Pumpkin seed oil
RJ/BP
Vit E (400ui)
DHEA for men (50mg)
Folid/B12 combo
Pynogenol

Anything we should drop/add?

In addition, I drink green tea and lemon water everyday. When we are in AF-O phase, I will do a few bsd, ASG, and Mucinex.

THANKS for you input!!!!! This is my last baby so I want to do my best to turn my dice as blue as possible, but we would welcome another girl, too. It's just been more difficult than I though....when we started TTC, I was sure it would take a month or two tops as I used to be very fertile! :sigh:

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2011, 09:58 AM
I would add apple cider vinegar (can't hurt and may help) and garlic. L-Arginine and co q 10 might also be good additions (esp. for DH)

I ~personally~ would take Vitamin D to help raise testosterone but I know a lot of people disagree with that.

How are you tolerating the potassium? Potassium can mess with your system so if you start feeling weird (heart skipping or faint) I would cut back. If you feel fine then carry on but I did just want to give you a heads up.

I'm so excited for your sway! Go Team Blue!

LolaInLove
February 17th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Thanks, AS! Well, I did feel a wierd heart skip or double beat or something the other day....maybe it is the potassium. I was worried a bit about that, as I read that too much is not good for the heart. Do you recommend garlic tabs? I do eat a good bit of it in food, but no whole cloves or anything. I was worried about adding the LArg as I am taking the DHEA, didn't want to have a testosterone overload, but honestly, I don't feel that my levels are shooting particularly high, just evened out really. DH's Fertilaid contains LArg and CoQ10....it really is a good mix of the recommended male supps, plus is a good multivitamin. He likes it although he swears it causes bad gas. (YEAH RIGHT)

Thanks again for your input....I am excited to see what happens....to be honest, I had a bit of a swaynostic period around months 4-5 when ttc, particularly when a few of our crew got opposites and I was not getting pg, which made me think the swaying was prohibiting me in some way. I think the m/c renewed my faith in swaying, so to speak, because for those couple of weeks when I was pg, I constantly wished I had done something to sway. Anyway, I think that is common, to have changes of heart about swaying....some on IG insisted that after ttc a while, taking a break is good to restore your verve with all of it.

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Yes, I realized that a minute ago, Fertilaid HAS l-arginine and Co Q 10 in it to begin with! DUH. I hadn't drunk my tea yet when I answered that, I'm sorry.

I would try cutting back a bit on the potassium, don't stop it all at once though. Gradually wean back.

Fresh garlic is MUCH better than tablets. Much. That DOES cause bad gas though, even just a little. And it can also cause bleeding so be aware of it.

LolaInLove
February 17th, 2011, 11:53 AM
I wouldn't have realized it either except for recently reading the ingredients, because I was going to add some to his "trough" as he calls it! I did look at a few different men's supps, and honestly just ordered this because it was sold by the same website (earlypregnancytests.com) that I order my bale of opks from.

I've got a couple of other questions, if you don't mind! I may try douching this time....do you recommend that over a bsf or are they really one in the same when it's all said and done? If you douche, do you need to absolutely add preseed or ew due to cm being washed away, or will the body create more cm immediately (assuming the douche is done an hour before bd)?

Also, is it necessary to take Mucinex for days before the big attempt, or will it do the intended job taken just before the attempt?

Again, thanks for being a great source of info and support on this site, it is just fantastic! I love reading all of the info... I feel like I am getting a great lesson on evolutionary culture and biology!

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Well, I am SUPPOSED to know these things and not steer ya wrong and I apologize! ;)

Personally, I would do BSF over douching, because I believe (strongly) that EWCM is the "right stuff" for blue and I wouldn't want to do anything that washes it away. Seriously, I wouldn't even SHOWER for a day or two in advance of BD for blue. If you do douche, make sure it is at least an hour in advance (like you said) and YES you MUST use pre-seed or eggwhite if you've douched. Your EWCM will have recovered somewhat in that time.

I would try and orgasm in advance of DTD, that will help replace any of the CM that has been washed away when you douched.

Have you been checking your pH?? Does it rise around O?

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2011, 12:08 PM
The recommended dose of Robitussin for improving cervical mucus is two teaspoons (200 mg) taken orally three times per day. Mucinex is one tablet of 600 mg so take just one. If mucus still appears thick and doesn't stretch, you can take as much as four teaspoons (400 mg) of Robitussin four times per day (the maximum dose available without a prescription) so you COULD conceivably take a Mucinex in the morning and one at night, or one extra-strength Mucinex (1200 mg). Each dose should be taken with a full glass of water, and drink plenty of fluids throughout the day -- you need water to produce mucus.

Start taking the guaifenesin five days before ovulation and continue through O day (six days total). If your cycle is irregular, start taking guaifenesin about five days before the earliest day ovulation might be expected.

You can give your DH Mucinex to thin out his semen as well.

LolaInLove
February 17th, 2011, 12:24 PM
LOL I wonder if my DH will even want to bd if I don't shower, but I may indeed try that! I guess I ask about bsf because a friend from IG asked her doctor about it and he said it could damage sperm....I was always a little reticent to put one up there until they sperm were on their way up the ute. My cm ph does budge a little but at o time. It is usually around 5 and then goes up to 6, but to be honest, I haven't tested my cm in a month with the m/c....was planning to start after AF, which is due any day. (Watch me end up pg this month, we dtd about 7 days before O....oy vey.) I am going to do the ACV though, which I heard works wonders on the ph. I'll just stick with a bsf about an hour before the deed....I hated the thought of going to buy a douche bag anyway. I can't even type it without smiling.

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Hey, I put this in my "Baking Soda" essay but they have places online where you can order "douche supplies" from because I would feel weird buying them up close and personal too! ;)

You can shower, just don't be too thorough if you catch my drift...

LolaInLove
February 17th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Just read the BS essay, that is super helpful! I did see the douche bags sold at drugstore.com, but they look like freaky old ones my grandma would use. I was thinking about just getting a "Island Spritzer" one at the corner drugstore (with sunglasses and a baseball cap on) and emptying/sanitizing it and making my own solution. I may try it right after AF is over to see how my body reacts.

Love the shower comment....that makes me think of (the opposite) what I tell my girls when they shower: "The main thing is your vaj! Make sure you wash that if nothing else!"

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Honestly I think even a medicine dispenser syringe will work (like the kind they have for babies at the drugstore). You shouldn't use very much liquid at all.

LolaInLove
February 18th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Ah sweet, that is much easier. Thanks again for all of the info!