PDA

View Full Version : What to take for the pain ?

Mum23boys
October 4th, 2012, 02:26 AM
I've tried nurofen but it's not working. I'm literally curled up today cos the cramps are so bad. Plus every time I stand up I get a gush of blood do lying down is best. I just want this to stop now. Any ideas on safe strong pain relief ?

bythestream
October 4th, 2012, 02:42 AM
Just make sure you take it easy, lay down if you can. Hopefully the heavy bleeding and cramps will only last a day or two. I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks last month and luckily I didn't have too much pain but the bleeding was at its worst the first day or so. Not sure about stronger painkillers, can you ask the chemist? You could try drinking raspberry leaf tea that will clear everything out properly.

Cinss
October 4th, 2012, 03:05 AM
My dr perscribed panadine forte when i was having my m/c, it didnt really help. Try a heat pack if you have one.

Northern_Shutterbug
October 4th, 2012, 04:20 AM
I've been taking paracetamol + coedine and ibuprofen for my tooth pain and haven't suffered really bad cramps as I normally would, perhaps try those? Just make sure you stagger them.

Mum23boys
October 4th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Hubby got me some microwave heat pads and they are working a bit. Ecerytime I stand up I get a gush of blood that soaks the Pad and goes out the sides down my leg I've never had it this bad apart from after birth. The dic said it should slowdown in next 24-48 hours do just need to rest as much as possible until then. Hubby been great took this morning off to take kids to school as its a walk I didn't feel comfortable doing

bythestream
October 4th, 2012, 05:11 AM
That's great your hubby can be there to help, I was lucky mine was on holidays when I had mine. My bleeding was more like after birth bleeding too but not for as long. At least there is very little chance you'll have to have a d&c it sounds like its clearing well. Praying you're feeling better soon. My hormones were really up and down the next week or so as well so expect to be all over the place with your moods.

LacePrincess
October 4th, 2012, 07:07 AM
:(

Try ibuprofen, not tylenol (paracetomel) based painkillers. Motrin/Advil here in North America. It's anti-inflammatory and does a whole lot more for menstrual cramps than tylenol. Heat packs too for sure.

I guess you don't use tampons? Or can you get a Diva Cup? I find pads are terribly leaky if you have heavy flow, they just can't absorb fast enough. Supersize tampons + pad for backup, or you can do what I did with the lochia after my last birth, just take two big pads and stick them on top of one of those hospital chuck pads (the flat absorbant disposable thingies) but you'd have to find them of course. Or double up on your undies, when I was a teenager I had really heavy periods and I used to wear pads then, I'd have to wear a pad on top of another pad with wings, and a second pair of panties to keep everything tight against my body so it didn't leak. Kinda hot but it works!

Rest up, glad DH is there to take care of you!

Cinss
October 4th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Are you feeling any better today Mum23?

OneLastDream
October 4th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Hope it has eased up for you. You need to rest as much as possible and keep an eye on blood flow and contact someone if you are constantly gushing. I had a m/c in August at 8 weeks and was advised not to use tampons because of the risk of infection. Am so sorry you are going through this and hope it eases up soon for you