PDA

View Full Version : opk and ovulation question

bec2483
October 4th, 2012, 09:32 AM
i've read a few things on the forums about ovulation and i'm not sure if i just confusing myself on or this is my question can you rely on okp only to pinpoint ovulation day or should i be doing temps as well ?

cvd
October 4th, 2012, 11:24 AM
I temped and used opks because I have a short LH surge so I have a good chance of maybe missing it with the opks if I'm not on top of things lol. I would have a +opk at 10am then neg by 1pm so I relied a little more on my temps :) I would say do both, temping doesn't take much!

Cinss
October 4th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Temping lets you know that ovulation is over, its handy to know so you dont have to keep dtd for days if you are unsure if it has happened or not.

BeadinMom
October 4th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Exactly what Cinss said...
I use my opks to tell me when ovulation is coming and I temp so I'll know with confirmation that it actually happened and that it's over.

bec2483
October 4th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Thanks ladies that was really helpful

atomic sagebrush
October 8th, 2012, 09:42 AM
i've read a few things on the forums about ovulation and i'm not sure if i just confusing myself on or this is my question can you rely on okp only to pinpoint ovulation day or should i be doing temps as well ?

You can rely on OPK to HELP pinpoint ovulation. But I do want to let you know that timing has been 100% debunked and you will increase odds of pg by quite a lot if you try for more than one attempt in your fertile window O-4/5 thru O day and esp. O-2-O. This will not hurt your blue sway (going for more than one attempt) and may help it.

Emily
October 8th, 2012, 03:20 PM
You can rely on OPK to HELP pinpoint ovulation. But I do want to let you know that timing has been 100% debunked and you will increase odds of pg by quite a lot if you try for more than one attempt in your fertile window O-4/5 thru O day and esp. O-2-O. This will not hurt your blue sway (going for more than one attempt) and may help it.

Oh yes atomic! I have two gorgeous boys conceived with lots of attempts (about 4 or 5 for each child) one around O and one with a 3 day cutoff. Both boys conceived 1st month of trying which I am sure was due to how many attempts we had.

bec2483
October 22nd, 2012, 09:01 PM
5547 is this a negative or a positive the darker line is the control line

hopingforsaskia
October 23rd, 2012, 12:05 AM
It looks more like a fade in.. once the test line is AS DARK as the control, that's meant to be a positive. :)

Butterfly Spirit
October 23rd, 2012, 12:11 AM
Bec you are almost there hon. If you are swaying pink with Vitex.. HOP OFF now! :)

bec2483
October 23rd, 2012, 01:53 AM
Thanks ladies butterfly spirit trying to sway boy

bec2483
October 23rd, 2012, 02:02 AM
I'm just worried that I'm not going to get a positive opk reading as I'm on cycle day 13

dloui128
October 23rd, 2012, 09:55 AM
I did both because I wanted to know for sure when I O'd

atomic sagebrush
October 24th, 2012, 12:18 PM
5547 is this a negative or a positive the darker line is the control line

Negative but like Saskia says, you may be approaching O.

atomic sagebrush
October 24th, 2012, 12:19 PM
I'm just worried that I'm not going to get a positive opk reading as I'm on cycle day 13

When in doubt, TTC. Timing doesn't sway and you have no chance at your DG if you don't get pg.