PDA

View Full Version : Hobbermittens' successful BOY sway!!

Hobbermittens
October 7th, 2012, 07:51 PM
:DS::DS::DS::DS::DS::DS::DS::DS::DS::DS::DS::DS::D S::DS::DS::DS::DS::DS::DS::DS::DS::DS:
My sway worked!! IT'S A BOY!!

Name:Hobbermittens
Swaying attempt - Natural

CM pH : about a 7
DH pH : 7.5 at the highest

Big O: Yes

Minerals DW
Calcium: Didn't do dairy, but didn't avoid calcium from other sources.

Potassium: Took a supplement, plus ate bananas every day and potatoes at least every other day (sometimes more often).

Sodium: Salted food at every opportunity. Ate other high sodium foods as paft of my regular meals.

DH minerals
DH ate pretty much what he wanted, though he ate the same dinners I did. Didn't avoid anything. Ate salty stuff because that's what I served him.

DIET:

I did the HE diet, though I avoided dairy. Lots of fruits, nuts, meat, potatoes, tomatoes, veggies, hard boiled eggs, beef jerky, and tons of Lara bars. Ate breakfast first thing after waking up, and had a snack just before bed. Ate so often I never felt hungry! Always had protein and carbs together. I gained about 20 lbs, but I was on the diet for 5 months before getting my BFP.

Did you continue diet after attempt? Just until BFP.

DH consume caffeine before attempt day: Yes, he drank coffee most days.

Drinks: Lemon water, pineapple juice with gelatin and ACV mixed in, ASG, BSD, V8 spicy with nutritional yeast mixed in

Supplements

Green Tea: Not very often--I was afraid it would block too much Folic Acid.
Vitamin E: Yes
Vitamin D: Yes
Fish Oil: Yes
Folic Acid: Yes
Royal Jelly: Yes
Bee Pollen: Yes
B12: No
Potassium: Yes
Zinc: No
Prenatal: Yes
Fertile CM: Yes
Mucinex: Yes, week of O
Wheat grass pills: Yes
EPO: Yes

DH supps:
Vit E, Fish Oil, Folic Acid, Zinc, Men's over 50 Multi Vitamin, CO enzyme Q10, L-Carnitine, L-arg, B12

Timing:

This is where things got confusing. We were aiming for O-4, O-2 and O, but I may have O'ed early. FF says I O'ed on CD12, but I personally think I O'ed on CD13. So we either DTD on O-4, O-2, and O, or O-3, O-1 and O+1. I will never know for sure. My cervix was still open on CD13 and I had EWCM that day, so I think I O'ed CD13, but FF still says I O'ed CD12. WHo knows.

DH caffeine before attempt: Yes, before 2 attempts

How many kids do you have before: 2 girls and 1 boy

Number of months TTC: 3 Months

Your Age:39

BD position: Deep missionary (I was afraid to DTD doggy style because I didn't want to lose swimmers while flipping onto my back, plus I conceived DD2 in that position!).
I lay with hips propped on a pillow for 1 hr after BD.

EWCM: Lots of EWCM

Preseed or EW: Preeseed!

DH type of undies: boxers

DH use cold bath/shower or ice: No, but I did keep tabs on his shower temps so it wasn't too hot!

Old Wives tales, Astrology, Moon Phase, etc: I O'ed on either the night of the full moon or the night after. The moon sign was either in Leo or on the Cancer/Leo cusp.
We DTD in the NW Corner of the room with my head facing north. Under the bed were several boy things, like a onesie that said "little brother" and a blue bib.
I also consulted an astrologer about what days to DTD. And after DTD, I visualized blue swimmers getting to the egg first. I know a lot of that may sound hokey, but I think it helped!

I still am in shock that we got our baby boy! I was convinced that my sway failed until the moment my son was born. It was the most amazing surprise!!

Thank you SO MUCH Atomic for everything you did to help with my sway! I know the HE diet made a huge difference for me, and helped us get our little guy. :) I can say with full confidence that timing isn't a big sway factor and that getting 2 attempts in were enough to get us a boy--both things I was worried about initially because of the confusion about my O day.

dloui128
October 7th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Congrats!!

Cinss
October 7th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Perfect:)

Myloves
October 8th, 2012, 12:29 AM
:bigboy: CONGRATS again!! I was hoping you'd update more. And now for a birth story :D

TTC5
October 8th, 2012, 04:13 AM
YaYYY!

ELP
October 8th, 2012, 04:29 AM
Brilliant sway Hobbers:) so,so pleased for you again:hug2:

deaks66
October 8th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Massive congratulations... i only just seem to have cottoned on to the arrival of your little man for some reason. Hope all going well and what a great sway! X

4Giffins
October 8th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Many congrats! Your sway is exactly what Im going for..I hope I can have the same outcome! Great job!!!!

Hobbermittens
October 8th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Thanks everyone!! It was a lot of work, but totally worth it. :)

n710
October 8th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Congratulations!!!!! So excited for you:)

Adia
October 9th, 2012, 08:55 AM
So happy for you Hobber!! I had a hunch all along it was your boy!! Thanks for sharing your sway!
(Sarita)

atomic sagebrush
October 12th, 2012, 08:49 AM
I'm so happy for you! Thanks for posting your sway!

Hobbermittens
October 12th, 2012, 12:08 PM
I'm so happy for you! Thanks for posting your sway!

I owe it all to you!! Thank you so much for everything you did. I know the HE diet and all your research helped me get my son!!

I am also sorry I freaked out for 9 months..... :oops: but the delivery surprise was so amazingly awesome, especially because I was sure he was a girl, that I am really glad I stayed team green!

prayforaboy
October 16th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Awesome Congratulations!!