PDA

View Full Version : What day should I test?

Allyson1429
October 9th, 2012, 06:15 PM
I know it's still really early to even think about testing as implantation obviously has not occurred yet since I am only 3 dpo, but I was wondering when should be the earliest I poas? When did all of you first test and what symptoms prompted you to test? Thanks ladies and good luck to all in the 2ww!

Dreamofpink
October 9th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Hello Allyson, I think you should start testing when you feel comfortable with it. Forgive me if that sounds a bit woolly, but with both DS1 and DS2 I just knew on the day of ov that I'd conceived and I never doubted that I'd get a BFP. I was right and only did a test to confirm what I already knew. However, in the last year of TTC I tested so much (in the first 6 months or so) that I just couldn't bear to see anymore BFNs. I had a chemical back in May, but because I didn't POAS, I never had that confirmed. I just knew. Now, I don't test until I go past 16dpo, which I haven't - yet!! I have always been right when I haven't had the feeling that I conceived so I don't bother to test if I don't have that gut feeling. I'm just praying that I get that gut feeling this week!!! I hope that doesn't sound at all smug or strange, but it seems (and I hope I'm proven right for the third time) that my intuition is pretty reliable when it comes to conceiving, in the past anyway! :bigsmile: Please don't let me be tempting fate!! :nails:
Good luck, I'll be stalking to see how you get on!!

Cinss
October 9th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Personally i think you should wait until the day AF is due or the day after that, i think this because when you do the test then you get a definate answer, it is either very positive or stark white BFN. If you start testing at 10dpo like lots of ladies do you can still be left wondering if it is BFN, then you can end up spending a lot on tests and getting depressed everytime you get a BFN. Then there is a chance of chemical and really do you want to put yourself through that?

Allyson1429
October 9th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Thank you both for your advice. I think I will definitely wait until af. I feel like we got the deed done- pun intended:) but I also am cautious bc I don't want to want it so badly that I'm overally optimistic. If that makes any sense. I feel like my intuition has been pretty good in the past but now I'm thinking maybe my mind is playing tricks on me. Good luck girls and hopefully we all get that BFP soon!