PDA

View Full Version : Sylk made my ph rise...now what am i gonna use for lube?

mkarntz1980
February 17th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Can i use vaseline?? I have heard canola oil is very messy

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2011, 06:01 PM
How much did it rise? Sylk has a pH of 4.7.

I wouldn't use vaseline because it kills sperm. I don't like canola either. High pH and too messy.

Did you use RepHresh and Sylk at the same time? Remember, RepHresh will react with things that are low in pH and make pH rise - I don't think Sylk is low enough in pH to affect the RepHresh but stranger things have happened. I'm assuming you didn't but I just wanted to make sure. If it seems like the RepHresh might be reacting with the Sylk, try each one individually and see what happens..

If not, what happens if you use Sylk for several days in a row? Does your body get kinda used to it? Sometimes if you're not used to something, your body puts out a lot of discharge trying to wash it away. I just wonder if you give it a chance, you might get used to it.

Also, keep in mind that the Replens/RepHresh WILL help with lubrication somewhat so if you are using them, you may not even need the Sylk if it keeps causing trouble.

babydust
February 20th, 2011, 01:05 PM
yeah, I would try the rephresh as a lube. It isn't great, but it should do the trick. And defnitely what atomic said, if you are using rephresh and sylk that could be the reason for the rise in pH.