PDA

View Full Version : I just can't today...

moof4
October 10th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Today I wanted to post regarding overcoming gender disappointment however I cannot, I am crippled by a terrible feeling. Jealousy, today I received a phone call from my brother excited as he was 'its a girl' after they have had two boys. I had practiced in my head over and over again what I would say 'congratulations, yay I finally get to go girl shopping!' 'Someone finally broke the drought' etc etc. I played my part and in that moment I was genuinely excited for him. When I hung up the phone all of my feelings of wanting a baby girl came gushing out in the way of tears, I cried and cried. My husband thought there was something terribly wrong, I said there is....I have had my tubes tied no more babies for us. He said I didn't know you wanted a girl so badly or you dreamed of having a girl. I never imagined my entire life of not having a girl and in this moment the realisation hit me like a tonne of bricks.

So today I cannot write about overcoming gender disappointment after having my gorgeous baby boy, I cannot provide others with comfort, I need this day to myself to grieve the daughter in my thoughts that will never be..........I just can't today

Mrs_P
October 10th, 2012, 08:36 AM
oh hunny what a sad post, i couldn't just read and run. I am another boy mom who wants a little girl more than anything, i really can't see myself growing old without ever experiencing that bond but it seems so unrealistic and i may have to accept it (no idea how to do that though).

Unfortunately, no magical answer from me but i really do understand and am here if you want to talk anytime. I know you said you've had your tubes tied but maybe a daughter could still be in your future if it is something you cannot overcome, with IVF they retrieve the eggs directly or adoption - for me its knowing there are options (however, unrealistic or far fetched) that sometimes gets me through the day.

Congratulations on your little boy x

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 10th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Reading this makes me so sad. I'm sorry you're feeling like this. And you don't have to feel any other way today. I think it's really brave of you to admit it. Congrats on your baby boy.