PDA

View Full Version : Sperm Analysis Help

wantagirly23
October 10th, 2012, 10:23 AM
My husband is 27 I am 26. d We have a 10 month old son who was conceived 4 months after going off the pill. We are ttc baby#2. Now due to low AMH/ high FSH on my part our doc wants us to try an injectable iui cycle. She said she will try iui with us 3 times before she would suggest ivf. My husband just got the results back from his first sperm analysis and we are both super upset because it appears the numbers aren't good. Can anyone shed some light on this? Are these not good enough to qualify for an iui? The values on the far right are what they consider "normal range" So for example Semen Volume..my husband's was 3.0ml and the lab says normal range is anything greater than 1.9ml. Thank you in advance

SEMEN VOLUME 3.0 >1.9 ML
SPERMATOZOA, NORMAL % 18 >29 %
SPERM COUNT, SEMEN 57.3 >19 M/ML
SPERMATOZOA, IMMOTILE % 73
SPERMATOZOA, NONPROGRESSIVELY MOTILE %, SEM FLD 15%
SPERM SLOW PROGRESSIVE %, SEMEN 10%
SPERM RAPID PROGRESSIVE %, SEMEN 2%
SPERM, PROGRESSIVELY MOTILE, TOTAL, SEMEN 21 >59 MILL/SP

nuthinbutpink
October 24th, 2012, 09:17 PM
So sorry nobody saw this. I would get him on a Fertility supplement for men now if you haven't already. They can really do wonders. Lots of water and healthy diet. An IUI might make it easier since they place the sperm where it needs to go to reduce the amount of work they normally do though!