PDA

View Full Version : Hey Boy Moms, this will cheer you up!!

KidAtHeart
October 10th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Over the weekend I took my three boys (ages 4, 7, 9) to a Star Wars function at Barnes and Noble. They looked so cute all dressed up in their Star Wars costumes and taking pictures with Darth Vader and the Storm Trooper. I then had an errand at the mall so I dragged them with me. They were all three so very good traipsing through the store, and they elicited so many sweet and funny comments.

It occurred to me that in a way, this was a very acceptable alternative to the whole 'princess' stage. And it's even more rare to see little boys all dressed up (you see the odd Princess at Target or what have you), so in a way, it was even more special to me. That, and the fact that I voluntarily took all three of them to the mall and we all had a nice time - it's getting better!

My little one wore his Halloween costume (Captain America - complete with the pecs!) randomly one day on a bike ride and again, he drew in some pretty cute looks.

And another day, my oldest boy wanted to make a cake all on his own. I helped him all the way through it. It felt like, finally, I could teach him something that was all from me that he was actually interested in. It's not that my husband can't make a cake, but it's not his forte. He does get most of the 'fun' parts of parenting, so it was nice to have a shared interest with one of my kids all to myself. I don't mean that to sound so selfish, but it was a nice moment for me. I could be the 'fun' parent that he could look up to. I think those moments will come more and more often. Even if they never want to do the girlie stuff (like scrapbook), something will come up that they will come to me first instead of me being the stand-in.

My nephew is in his 20s and he always goes to see chick flicks with his Mom. it's really sweet.
I've been struggling a lot lately with GD and I went back to read all the 'choose to be happy' posts. I'm trying to take them to heart.

Myloves
October 11th, 2012, 01:45 AM
What a beautiful post!
I know what you mean by having special moments where you have your kid all to yourself. My second son is my little buddy. :awe: He is so sweet and together we bake, draw, make puppets (lol, he wants to be a pupperteer(sp?) when he grows up) and just generally have a blast in each others company. And to think I once thought we couldn't have a good bond just because he wasn't the little girl I wanted. Well he sure showed me how wrong I was! I love him so much.
Your post is definitely a cheerful post :o

Yuzu
October 11th, 2012, 11:33 AM
That is a wonderful post! I took my DS3 to the dollar store to buy a toy car, and he looked so cute, contemplating his purchase like a little man. And he walked up to the counter and handed it to the cashier without any tears! I wouldn't trade him for any little girl in the world.

Thank you for reminding me how lucky I am!:bigsmile:

riss177
October 11th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Thank you for sharing this =0)

coocoobananas
October 19th, 2012, 11:25 PM
These are the posts I will come to now. Just found out that I'm having my third boy. It's been a couple hours since I found out and I'm already feeling better. My husband has been incredible and understanding to the flow of tears. I can't understand why I am sad, I couldn't even tell you why I want a girl! I'm going to be ok, my boys are my world and now it's just a bit bigger with this guy:)

Butterfly Spirit
October 20th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Dear Coocoo, I am sorry you didn't hear pink today, but congrats on the healthy sweet little bundle of blue! :diaper: I always say that momma son bond is worth it's weight in gold because it's true. I'm so glad that you love him already, and that you are feeling better, and I hope your pregnancy goes by quickly so you can meet him! This little guy truly wanted to join your family and have some wonderful brothers!
I send you lots of :HH: hugs at this time. And remember ..Someday when your daughter comes, she will have three brothers to protect her and love her!
xx my friend!

Yuzu
October 20th, 2012, 11:32 AM
I'm sorry you didn't hear girl, Coocoo! But, you know, maybe we boy moms are luckier than we know. After all, we get to be the 'princess' in our households, and that has to be good for something!

Tiggerian
October 26th, 2012, 05:41 AM
What a lovely post! And its true.. sometimes you do get blind sided by your desire for the opposite gender you forget the marvels of the one you've got! Thank you for reminding me :kissy:

busylady4
November 7th, 2012, 06:18 PM
THanks for posting. I love my boys so much and it's nice to see posts like yours to enjoy the small stuff they really do. My ds2 has been wearing his pirate patch on his forhead since September 1st and obviously it's after Halloween now. I love that stuff.