PDA

View Full Version : 6 dpo and seem to be producing breastmilk again?!

Allyson1429
October 12th, 2012, 01:29 AM
I completely stopped breastfeeding my ds last October. I will be 6 dpo tomorrow. My right breast has been achy the past few days but then today I started getting a let down sensation in my right breast. My nipple felt like needles when going into it so I ran to the bathroom and took off my bra bc it was hurting so bad. I squeezed my areola a little bit and breastmilk starting leaking out. It was not colostrum. It was definitely milk. I have not produced a single ounce of milk since January. Please help me figure out what's going on!

weeziewoozles
October 24th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Not the most informative reply (sorry) but I have had some milk too and stopped BF back in June. Unsure whether it's an early pregnancy sign or just good old female hormones!

Boymomsrock
October 24th, 2012, 04:33 PM
i haven't nursed in years but can still squeeze something out. That being said, letdown feeling was always a preg symptom for me. Good luck! ;)

weeziewoozles
October 24th, 2012, 04:34 PM
PS What DPO are you now? Ready to test?

LacePrincess
October 24th, 2012, 05:33 PM
I don't have any personal experience, but anything's possible in the 2ww! LOL

If you're not preggo this cycle though, I would suggest you go get it checked out. I was reading on another forum about abnormally high prolactin levels, and main symptom was the lady's milk coming back. Prolactin interferes with progesterone and conception, (ie. why bf'ing is reliable for contraception in early months) so if this is your problem you'll need meds to bring that prolactin back down or you'll have issues conceiving.

Allyson1429
October 26th, 2012, 02:54 AM
Thank you all for your replys. I'm sorry it took me so long to reply but I was trying to stay away bc I was really starting to obsess over every little "symtom". I'm 16 dpo now. I took an hpt at 12 dpo(negative) had a beta 13 dpo bc of medication that cannot be taken during pregnancy. I figured if it didn't happen this cycle I would take a break for a few months. The dr said my hcg was 0 :( but I truly have "felt pregnant" the past 2 days. I have every symptom possible, common and uncommon, except morning sickness. I think if I still feel this way next week I will test again. Oh yeah and af is 3 days late with no signs of visiting anytime in the near future.

Mrs_P
October 26th, 2012, 06:11 AM
i had this, got my bfp a week late and was only faint then - i stopped feeding ds3 18 months ago - i think its quite common