PDA

View Full Version : Meal questions for Girl?

Rainbow baby
October 13th, 2012, 06:45 PM
What do you ladies think of Meal replacement shakes included in the Low Everything diet? I am doing LE (did ig and I couldn't stick with it to limited) I was thinking would it be ok if I kept within mineral/protein ranges for the day? What are your thoughts on the shakes and meal replacement bars? I wasn't planning on using them all the time! Like every other day when I am out and can't cook/eat take away with the family.

I:ballerina:

Rainbow baby
October 13th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Owe I just looked at ingredients very high in sugar, so I would def not use in months of actually trying and ttw, but what about the 6 weeks leading up pre trying to conceive? Would that be ok?

Crystal13
October 14th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Hi Rainbow baby. I would be interested to know the answer to this question also as I have been using the shakes myself as a way to kickstart the weightloss (haven't actually started my sway yet though) and its been successful so far but thought I would have to stop then when I officially start my sway.

Rainbow baby
October 14th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Shall I bump myself then :think:

Crystal13
October 15th, 2012, 04:02 AM
Yes, bump.

atomic sagebrush
October 15th, 2012, 02:09 PM
They're vitamin fortified and not ok on LE Diet. But for once in a while, they're fine. I would try to find some that are not so heavily fortified.

atomic sagebrush
October 15th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Hi Rainbow baby. I would be interested to know the answer to this question also as I have been using the shakes myself as a way to kickstart the weightloss (haven't actually started my sway yet though) and its been successful so far but thought I would have to stop then when I officially start my sway.

My concern with this is that you're giving your body a big opportunity to store up lots of nutrients before you start your sway.

Crystal13
October 16th, 2012, 03:24 AM
Ok thanks for that Atomic. So is what you are saying that my body would have heaps of vitamins stored up to rely on and then when I'm actually doing the LE Diet and trying to sway it would not be as effective as my body would just call upon what has been stored up??? Thanks so much, I never even thought about that.

Rainbow baby
October 16th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the reply :) I always like the quick and easy lol. One other question??? I am overweight (heffer style) and have been told overweight people are usually vitamin and mineral deficient. I filled up on both carbs/protein and fatty foods I will admit it I have been a real pig since my loss! I have been feeling hungry but better on this le diet! I was wondering if I am getting to many vitamins now (because of my crap eating ways before) That it might sway blue for me?

atomic sagebrush
October 17th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Ok thanks for that Atomic. So is what you are saying that my body would have heaps of vitamins stored up to rely on and then when I'm actually doing the LE Diet and trying to sway it would not be as effective as my body would just call upon what has been stored up??? Thanks so much, I never even thought about that.

exactly!

atomic sagebrush
October 17th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Overweight people are not usually vit. and mineral deficient. Some overweight people are occasionally deficient in something or another. Even junky foods can be quite heavily fortified with nutrients. It all depends on what you eat.