PDA

View Full Version : Blue sway.... Few questions thxs

Blueplease
October 14th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Hi all....

Starting my blue sway properly this week.. Well today. Just a few questions about the supps.

Dh
Taking daily 1x 50+ plus and 1x 10000mg fish oil. Going to take a vit d also. 1000mg of L-carnitinr and if I can get hold of it (if anyone in Aus can recommend whe I can get it from), 500mg of L-arginine.

Recommended in my plan to take coq10- 30mg, three times a day. Lowest dose I can find is 60mg. Waiting on a reply to see about this.

Also a priobotic capsule. Dh has been told even tho after conceiving our girls naturally quickly that he has low semen concentration.

Me
Been taking elevit with iodine??? Do I need to top up with separate folic acid also. Elevit has 60mg of iron in but was told to take no more than 18mg. I'm presuming this is still ok tho being elevit.

I'm also taking 1000mg of fish oil and will be taking epo everyday of my cycle when I'm not attempting. Is this just in the attempt month cycle do you know of even the months before.

I'm taking a priobotic also.

Diet

The diet isn't going to be that different from what I eat now apart from more carbs.

Breakfas... Oats with full fat milk, eggs on wholegrain toast,

Lunch... Salads with eggs, ham, chicken or tuna with a glass of fruit juice. Jacket potatomwith cottage cheese and ham/ tune. Ham/ chicken sandwich. Plenty of salads/ vegetables and salt which is new to me as I have never had salt before

Dinner... Stir frys with lots of red meat/ brown rice. Pasta with chicken. Jacket potatos

Snacks... Avocado and bananas. Nuts... What carbs would you have with nuts????, rice crackers with bits of ham on.

Cereal before bed... Which is best cereal to have?... Do you have this with meat. Also is oats/ porridge ok with full fat milk on it's own.

Please pick at what you thing needs adjusting and any advice much appreciated. Feeling very nervous abut excited and just want to give it 110 %.

Also starting today do you think it's ok to attempt end nove,ber as know I'm ovulating then or would you wait till end of December. November would be so much easier as family will be over for Christmas and my youngestbdaughters birthday but obviously where there's a will there's a way and I just want the best possible sway.

Thank you all

Me

atomic sagebrush
October 14th, 2012, 04:33 PM
I answered some of this via PM - let me check to make sure it went thru

atomic sagebrush
October 14th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Ok it wasn't via PM - look on the thread where your sway plan was posted, I responded there...I'm sorry I"m out of time today and will get back to you on the rest.

Blueplease
October 14th, 2012, 04:40 PM
No worries thx you very much. I didn't want to hassle you with it as know you must be very busy with your kiddies and here. But thxs will look now. X x

Blueplease
October 14th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Not sure where my sway was posted as accessed it via the email telling me I had a pm off you. Do you know where it was posted on here.... Under boy sways??. Or on my personal wall?? Thanks

Blueplease
October 14th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Got it.. Thxs for that with the supplements.

Any input of anyone with the diet would be much appreciated. Does it look ok.

Thxs

dloui128
October 14th, 2012, 06:46 PM
I think your diet sounds great. Nuts have carbs in them so I wouldn't think you had to add anymore extra carbs then that when you are snacking, if you wanted to you could do rice cakes though. If I had cereal at night I would eat Special K Protein Plus, or honey bunches of oats

Hobbermittens
October 14th, 2012, 08:50 PM
What are jacket potatoes?

Your diet sounds good. Good luck with everything! I think if your DH has low sperm count, you may want to DTD every other day rather than every day, but double check with Atomic on that.

Blueplease
October 14th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Thx you. So am I right in thinking nuts contain carbs and protein so can eat on there own.

Sorry jacket potatoes are "baked potatoes" in the oven. That's the British in me comi g out. Lol!! Do you think these are ok with ham and cottage cheese (protein).

Any other suggestions on good snacks... Struggling with these really.

Thanks

Cinss
October 15th, 2012, 01:12 AM
You can always eat some fruit with your nuts, i found green apples to be really good they contain fibre which is good to have because all the protein can make you a bit constipated.

Yes the baked potatos are great :)

Other snacks - carrot sticks with hommus dip, banana and peanut butter on ryvitas (crackers), protein shake, i was mixing protein powder with greek yogurt as a yummy treat it tastes like cheesecake, tuna and tomato on crackers, corn chips with avocado dip, asparagus wrapped in smoked salmon with cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs with spinich leaves and cottage cheese.

Blueplease
October 15th, 2012, 02:01 AM
Wow great snack there and love them all. Thx you. Are you swaying or Have you successfully swayed. I'm only trying to concentrate on the supps, diet and exercise at the minute but so much going round in my head. Am sure at this rate I will get sacked from work for not doing anything. Thanks again

Blueplease
October 15th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Cinss...apologies just seem your swaying blue. How long have you bn swaying for, do you plan on attempting soon. Good luck. Hopefully we will both have some of these fabulous people's successful blue dust

Cinss
October 15th, 2012, 03:24 AM
Cinss...apologies just seem your swaying blue. How long have you bn swaying for, do you plan on attempting soon. Good luck. Hopefully we will both have some of these fabulous people's successful blue dust

I started swaying in December last year, i was pretty hardcore in the begining and as the months went on i dropped things until i was just down to diet, exercise and fish oil. I got a BFP in September so i am only 9weeks pregnant and i dont know the sex yet.

Blueplease
October 15th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Congratulationd. I have everything x you get your blue bundle. Have long after you started swaying did you attempt? I've constantly got butterflies in my stomach. We were gonna go down the pgd route. Dh still wants to to an extent but were giving this our 100% shot first. :-)

Blueplease
October 15th, 2012, 06:08 AM
What are jacket potatoes?

Your diet sounds good. Good luck with everything! I think if your DH has low sperm count, you may want to DTD every other day rather than every day, but double check with Atomic on that.

I've just seen this fantastic news that your sway worked. Any tips or things you really believed worked. Obviously with just starting I'm no where near the attempt but just wondered if you used preseed. Thanks

Cinss
October 15th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Congratulationd. I have everything x you get your blue bundle. Have long after you started swaying did you attempt? I've constantly got butterflies in my stomach. We were gonna go down the pgd route. Dh still wants to to an extent but were giving this our 100% shot first. :-)

Thanks. I was on the diet and supps for 2 months before our first attempt.

atomic sagebrush
October 15th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Breakfast, lunch, dinner all look great. I would advise more juices to get up to 9-11 servings of fruit/veg a day.

Nuts have protein and carbs all in one so you don't need to add more carbs. It's a great opportunity to have a bit of juice tho. With the bananas/avocado, either eat with protein or else eat them when you know you'll be eating again fairly soon - esp. with the banana!! They make yoru blood sugar shoot up and drop like a stone.

Any whole grain cereal that you like with full fat milk is fine. Oatmeal is great with full fat milk.

Hobbermittens
October 15th, 2012, 02:23 PM
I've just seen this fantastic news that your sway worked. Any tips or things you really believed worked. Obviously with just starting I'm no where near the attempt but just wondered if you used preseed. Thanks

Yes, I used preseed, and I think it is better than egg white. It is definitely safer. There is a thread on here about preseed and resulting gender, and almost everyone who answered it had a boy! :)

I would definitely concentrate on diet. I think it is the most important sway factor. All the other stuff helps, and you should definitely do all you can. You don't want to skip anything and then regret it later, you know?

Blueplease
October 17th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Hi all

So my last days diet have bn as followed

Tues- pineapple juice to take supps

Hour after getting up- 2 eggs, ham and slice of toast

Snack- BIG handful of nuts

Lunch- salad: rocket, cucumber, Tom, onion, avocado, carrots, tuna and a glass of pineapple juice

Snack - apple, few nuts and a carton of v8 juice

Dinner- chorizo, onion, garlic, tinned tomatoes, spinach and brown rice with and glass of v8. Followed by some watermelon

Forgot cereal before bed on this day. Did have the 2 nights before this special k with oat milk.

Lots of hot water with lemon/ 2x decaf green mint tea. 1 coffee with full fat milk

Today

V8 to take supps ( I can't take supps with water)... With a slice of ham (figured best to get some protein

Hour after got up. Oats with full fat milk and a banana ( is that ok)

Snack- nuts

Lunch- salad same as yesterday but with deli pastrami. Rice cracker and a glass of pineapple juice.

Snack- apple. Know I should have had more :-(

Dinner- salad with a cooked 2 cookers chicken thighs and a glass of v8

Will have special k in next hour or so.

Tomorrow I plan on having egg on toast.

Humus and carrots

Baked potato with ham and cottage cheese and juice

Apple and nuts

Beef stir fry and brown rice.

Were going to max brannier ( a chocolate rest) after for desert. Will probably go for a small chocolate dipping pot with fruit.

Then small bowl of special k with oak milk.

I haven't started exercise yer this week. We have ordered some weights so hopefully they will be here in next day or so. Getting to the gym at the minute is just too hard as dh is working long hours. Thought I would walk with girls in evening every other night and do the weights at home.

Anything to add to diet or shall I just carry on as I am. I love salads and sowill probably have a lot of these with red meat and rice et . Are my juices ok as carbs as I know I'm using juice as most of my main meal carbs.

Thank you

Glass of v8

Blueplease
October 17th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Yes, I used preseed, and I think it is better than egg white. It is definitely safer. There is a thread on here about preseed and resulting gender, and almost everyone who answered it had a boy! :)

I would definitely concentrate on diet. I think it is the most important sway factor. All the other stuff helps, and you should definitely do all you can. You don't want to skip anything and then regret it later, you know?

Yes I read the thread and couldn't believe the outcome of boys. I'm definitely just concentrating on thevdiet at the moment but will no doubt me asking lots of advice on the pressed etc leading up to the attempt if that's ok. Thank you

Hobbermittens
October 17th, 2012, 03:11 PM
I would add a little more protein to your oatmeal. I had mine with peanut butter in it. :)

And with your snack of just an apple, add some peanut bitter or cheese with it so you get protein.... always have protein and carbs together to keep your blood sugar even.

Blueplease
October 17th, 2012, 04:48 PM
I would add a little more protein to your oatmeal. I had mine with peanut butter in it. :)

And with your snack of just an apple, add some peanut bitter or cheese with it so you get protein.... always have protein and carbs together to keep your blood sugar even.

Brilliant thx you... Yes I wondered about protein with my oats. Will be buying some peanut butter later. Thxs again x x

atomic sagebrush
October 18th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Your diet looks pretty good, but I would def. have you add in more healthy fats - i hope you're having some sort of dressing on your salad, butter on potatoes, etc. Juices are def. ok as carbs!!!

I also want you to eat something right away beyond a bit of juice - the ham is ok, whatever you feel you can eat first thing.

I would switch from green mint tea to straight green or black tea. Mint has a compound in it that may lower testosterone and it only takes 1-3 cups to work.

A chocolate restaurant!! Sounds fab!

atomic sagebrush
October 18th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Yes, the peanut butter oatmeal is delicious too. Oats do have some protein, but it's not complete, so either some nuts in it or whole milk on top or a glass alongside can help.

Blueplease
October 19th, 2012, 01:47 AM
I love this site.. Thank you everyone. I've gone from being a little dubious at first to completly "this is going to work"- although I know it's not guaranteed I just feel so
positive esp now I spent the majority of yesterday reading every single thread. Lol!!

Anyway.. Yes I had my oats this morning with peanut butter and half ff milk and water

Yes I'm having dressing/ butter.

Will def change from green mint tea to normal tea :-). Been drinking decaf tea: green tea.

Sometimes it's a rush eating first thing on weekdays. Would a hand ful of nuts be ok until an hour later or I could have weetabix. Is weetabix good with full fat milk... Would you recommend anything else with it.

I've had to reduce my portion sizes.. Been so full!

As- thanks for pm about calcium tablets. I will take them as recommended by doctor.

Also I found a thread yesterday and you broke down the lead up to the attempt for both pink and blue sways. Fantastic read and answered so many questions. Fantastic.

Oh one more question.. What is CD abbreviated for??

atomic sagebrush
October 19th, 2012, 11:25 AM
A handful of nuts is ideal! :agree:

Reducing portion size is ok too as long as you're picking as nutrient-dense foods as is possible. You get a lot more bang for your buck eating nutrient-dense foods. (so like, actual blueberries instead of blueberry pop tarts - even tho the pop tarts have more calories!!)

Weetabix is great. We've had a lot of boys born to moms eating Weetabix. Also if you like Vegemite/Marmite toast that's something else that's quick and we've had success with.

CD is Cycle Day - so the first day of your menstrual cycle (you have bright red bleeding, AF is here) is CD 1. Ovulation tends to occur on CD 14. You keep counting cycle days until you get AF again and then you start over again with CD 1.

Glad you like the site, there are still a thousand things I want to write about esp. for my blue swayers!!!

Blueplease
October 19th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Great thanks

atomic.. What's your take on ovulating on the left hand side produces more girls and right hand side more boys. Very interesting as i sufferered from endometriosis before had my girls. When I had a laproscopy my right hand side was clear but my left hand side was fairly damaged. Got me thinking after reading a thread on here about it.... I know it's probably likely I did ovulate on my right when I had the girls. Would the fact that my left hand side does have a fair bit of tissue damage possibly effect my chances of having a bot. Or is this throat right more for girls and vice versatile circumstantial.

Blueplease
October 20th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Great thanks

atomic.. What's your take on ovulating on the left hand side produces more girls and right hand side more boys. Very interesting as i sufferered from endometriosis before had my girls. When I had a laproscopy my right hand side was clear but my left hand side was fairly damaged. Got me thinking after reading a thread on here about it.... I know it's probably likely I did ovulate on my right when I had the girls. Would the fact that my left hand side does have a fair bit of tissue damage possibly effect my chances of having a bot. Or is this throat right more for girls and vice versatile circumstantial.

So many typos here.. Sorry. Think I was trying to say in the last sentence- do you think it's alll circumstantial and there's no evidence

atomic sagebrush
October 20th, 2012, 01:02 PM
So many typos here.. Sorry. Think I was trying to say in the last sentence- do you think it's alll circumstantial and there's no evidence

It's not circumstantial but it's NOT that left side = girls and right side = boys (as you already deduced from your personal experience.) For most people, the right ovary is dominant and people tend to ovulate from it month after month. The left ovary does develop eggs every month but doesn't release them unless something goes wrong on the right side. So it's very probable that if you're in good health and things are going good for you with your fertility overall, you ovulate on the right AND coincidentally also have good CM, etc that can sway blue. And when you're Oing on your left, coincidentally you ~may~ have other issues going on that have caused your CM to dry up and your right ovary isn't getting the job done, and your lefty may step up and release its eggs in that scenario.

Blueplease
October 20th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Right I'm with you. Thanks. I typed it wrong tho. It was my RIGHT t hand side that was damaged ( not my left as I typed) And my left was ok. Hence having girls and then then reading this made me think... That perhaps I wasn't producing eggs from mt right. But every month from AF I get that dull dragging feeling on my right. Always thought it was ovulation pain, but I guess it wouldn't happen from AF. I may get looked at again. Thank you

atomic sagebrush
October 22nd, 2012, 12:44 PM
your ovaries do develop eggs in both sides, so even if you have a damaged tube, the other ovary will still develop eggs even tho the tube doesn't function.

Blueplease
October 23rd, 2012, 08:20 AM
Great... Ive realized today that I'm not counting calories although I'm eating a lot more than I usually do.. 3 meals carbs/ proteins and 2 snacks all with protein / carbs. Everything on plan except I'm not counting. Should I be even tho I know I am eating a lot more.

dloui128
October 23rd, 2012, 09:45 AM
Great... Ive realized today that I'm not counting calories although I'm eating a lot more than I usually do.. 3 meals carbs/ proteins and 2 snacks all with protein / carbs. Everything on plan except I'm not counting. Should I be even tho I know I am eating a lot more.

I never counted calories, I think if you know you are eating more no point in stressing over how many calories you are getting

Hobbermittens
October 23rd, 2012, 02:08 PM
I never counted calories either. Don't worry about it!

atomic sagebrush
October 24th, 2012, 12:17 PM

You don't need to as long as you are comfortable with that.

Some blue swayers are trying not to gain much weight and need to track cals to make sure they're not overeating, while others are habitual dieters and may need to track cals to make sure they're getting enough.

Blueplease
October 29th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Great thx you all. Well I've been overseas With work and firstly had rubbish wifi connection and secondly have just fallen off the wagon diet wise. Please tell me 4 days off it is t to bad and I can even this out over the next four weeks before attempt. Feel like such a failure. I've tried to stick to the carbs/ protein together but have eaten few treats and with the time difference I realized I went nearly 18 hours with hardly eati g.

Oh well onwards and upwards.

As.. I hope your all safe there on the east coast with hurricane sandy hitting g xx

atomic sagebrush
October 30th, 2012, 10:26 AM
4 days off diet is fine for a blue swayer. Just regroup and move on from here! :)

Blueplease
November 4th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Great.. Thx you. Right I've just ovulated and in sept ovulated day 13 and day14. Oct was day 14 and day 15.- attempting at the end of this month.. Roughly 30 nov/ 1st dec. How do you recommend dh releasing leading up to it as were planning on every other day but not sure on which days to work it on as it could mean if I work it on days 14/15 but I end up ovulating day 13/14 or vice versa.. He could be releasing every day for 3 days at time of ovulating. If you could recommend what you think is best.

Cinss
November 4th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Every other day should work out fine, i would try to time it so that you dtd on cd12, cd14, cd16.

Other wise you can dtd every other day, then when you get a +opk dtd for 3 days in a row.

I would say the second option would be best for sperm numbers.

afy
November 4th, 2012, 07:40 AM
so for the blue swayers when you advice DTD do you mean letting DH ejaculate inside of you 3days in a row once we get a +opk is that 3days after or once before O then on the day of O and day aftern O? lil confused and also should you dtd every 2-4 days in the month we want to make the attempt

atomic sagebrush
November 4th, 2012, 08:08 AM
I mean 3 times in a row, not 3 days in a row, if I wrote that somewhere it was a typo.

You could do it the night of pos OPK, next morning, and again that night. Or, the afternoon of pos, that night, then the next morning or night. There's no point in DTD the day after ovulation, the egg is gone by then.

You should either DTD or have hubby release every 2-4 days in the months you are planning to attempt. Best sperm count and quality. There may be something to being exposed to his hormones so DTD inside may be a good idea for blue, but if you are worried about Shettles then just DTD in the early part of your cycle and release inside, then once you get to where you could possibly be fertile, have him start releasing on his own or do oral. The downside with releasing on his own is that it keeps T and sperm count lower than if he was actually DTD.

atomic sagebrush
November 4th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Great.. Thx you. Right I've just ovulated and in sept ovulated day 13 and day14. Oct was day 14 and day 15.- attempting at the end of this month.. Roughly 30 nov/ 1st dec. How do you recommend dh releasing leading up to it as were planning on every other day but not sure on which days to work it on as it could mean if I work it on days 14/15 but I end up ovulating day 13/14 or vice versa.. He could be releasing every day for 3 days at time of ovulating. If you could recommend what you think is best.

Releasing every three days at time of ovulation (when every shot could possibly get you pg) after having released every 2-4 days for 2 weeks or even more, is fine and nothing to worry about. Not at all like a pink frequency.

It's fine for blue to have numerous releases in the fertile window. you want max. numbers of living sperm on hand when the egg arrives. Pink swayers deplete the swimmers as much as is possible either by having their husband abstain, do FR (which is 7-10 releases before the earliest attempt that could possibly get them pg), or frequent BD meaning they start BD long before any of the attempts that could possibly impregnate them. Blue swayers' husbands release every 2-4 days which boosts sperm count, and then have several attempts in the fertile window when sperm have a good shot of staying alive so every attempt is adding more and more sperm. Do you follow me? It's kind of hard to understand but your goal is getting a lot of swimmers to the egg when it counts so that can mean more than one attempt, but as long as you're fertile when you do those attempts many of the sperm will stay alive to make it to the egg.

afy
November 4th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Thank you so much and for those who would be using preseed would we have to use it every 3 attempts we make?

Cinss
November 4th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Thank you so much and for those who would be using preseed would we have to use it every 3 attempts we make?

Yes

atomic sagebrush
November 4th, 2012, 08:25 PM

i'd use some with every attempt.

Blueplease
November 5th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Great. I plan on doing a few opk tests daily around the time I'm due to ovulate.. And am I correct in thinking when I get my first positive I wait roughly 12 hours until the first attempt.. So if I get a positive at night do the first attempt the following morning, that afternoon and say that evening.

One more question, every month I get a lot of ewcm.. This month none and I felt very dry. Could this be the fish oil making me dry?? Any suggestions. I do plan on skiing robitusin 5 days before ovulation.

Blueplease
November 5th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Using not skiing robitusin, sorry!

dloui128
November 5th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Great. I plan on doing a few opk tests daily around the time I'm due to ovulate.. And am I correct in thinking when I get my first positive I wait roughly 12 hours until the first attempt.. So if I get a positive at night do the first attempt the following morning, that afternoon and say that evening.

One more question, every month I get a lot of ewcm.. This month none and I felt very dry. Could this be the fish oil making me dry?? Any suggestions. I do plan on skiing robitusin 5 days before ovulation.

When I got my positive OPK I DTD that night and the next afternoon. I kept going until my OPK's went negative. I haven't heard of anyone saying that the fish oil is drying up their CM but that doesn't mean it can't happen. I would definitely use the preseed each time you BD along with the robitusin.

Hobbermittens
November 5th, 2012, 01:23 PM

I wouldn't wait the 12 hours. Sometimes you might ovulate 8 hours after a positive opk, and then you might miss the egg. I would go for it as soon as you can after getting a +.

Hobbermittens
November 5th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Also, are you using the L-arg? Tht seemed to dry up a few ladies. I used fertile CM, EPO, robutussin and fish oil and got tons of CM.

Blueplease
November 5th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Also, are you using the L-arg? Tht seemed to dry up a few ladies. I used fertile CM, EPO, robutussin and fish oil and got tons of CM.

No I'm not using L-arg. I'm taking elevit, extra folic, FO 1000mg, cqo60 and a pro-biotic supplement. I do normally have lots of ewcm, maybe it's just a one. Will def be using pressed and robitusin.

My one concern is exercise and raising my tester one. Am not getting as much time to do weights as I would like. So busy with work and girls end of year activities. Any suggestion??

atomic sagebrush
November 7th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Using not skiing robitusin, sorry!

Hey, it makes a lot of CM, just not enough to ski in LOL

atomic sagebrush
November 7th, 2012, 11:21 AM

No, start BD as soon as you get your positive. That night, the next morning, and again the next night.

atomic sagebrush
November 7th, 2012, 11:22 AM
No I'm not using L-arg. I'm taking elevit, extra folic, FO 1000mg, cqo60 and a pro-biotic supplement. I do normally have lots of ewcm, maybe it's just a one. Will def be using pressed and robitusin.

My one concern is exercise and raising my tester one. Am not getting as much time to do weights as I would like. So busy with work and girls end of year activities. Any suggestion??

It may just be a weird cycle, but I'd start drinking green tea and also grapefruit juice (if you can stand it, ew), they can help with Cm.

The diet can raise testosterone without exercise.