PDA

View Full Version : Where is best for PGD?

lizziehutch
October 15th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Hi Everyone
I am new to writing on this forum although I have been reading posts for some months.
I have 2 gorgeous boys and would so love to have a daughter. My husband and I are thinking of trying IVF/PGD to conceive a daughter early next year. We are based in East Africa and are wondering where best to go for the treatment. We had thought Bangkok but I don't see many positive posts on the forum? Any ideas on where best to go? Money is an issue but I would prefer to pay a bit more and hanve a higher chance of success and friendly/ approachable doctors than go for the cheapest option but little chance of success.
I just turned 37 both my boys were conceived easily and naturally although I see that doesn't necessarily mean IVF will work for me.
Anyway any advice appreciated.
Thanks
x

nuthinbutpink
October 15th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Hi there. There are some International options- Prague has a center, Genesis in South Cyprus and the USA of course.

You are missing all of the HT talk though because most people post in the Member section. If you become a Dream Member, you can access the previous Cycle Diaries and all of the HT talk. There is an International Dutch group that posts in the non-member section but the rest of us are in the Private HT forum! I hope you will join us!

ROSCAR
November 21st, 2012, 06:21 AM
Sorry for my question but I am new on this forum (and on forums !!!). What do you mean by "being a member" ? I am registered is it enough ? Or being a member is only when you pay ? do you think it worth it ?

nuthinbutpink
November 21st, 2012, 07:02 AM
ROSCAR- you are a Dream Member so you have access to the member IVF forums. Yes, it is worth it.

nuthinbutpink
November 21st, 2012, 07:03 AM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ht-family-balancing-info-cycles/

ROSCAR
November 21st, 2012, 08:42 AM
yes I understood what is dream member and paid for it !
in fact what I need to know (as many of us) is : "where is the best for PGD ?" I had big hopes in **** but right now I think their testing method is old. It appears that Dr Potter from HRC is the best, what do you think ?

glory
November 29th, 2012, 10:30 PM
If I had the choice of Dr Potter or ****, I would take Dr Potter, or even Genesis.

Lots of things factor in when trying to find a clinic, but most from Europe would choose either HRC or Genesis.

Genesis, is closer, cheaper and a nice holiday and he has the sperm sort, but has the cons of probably needing more cycles, a one cycle fits all approach and their outdated testing techniques (which would lead to more transfers but less positives).

HRC is a more costly adventure, but most will bring home their baby after 2 cycles (I say most, a lot are OHW and some take longer), they test all chromosomes and have a higher chance of a BFP.

Pink rose
March 23rd, 2013, 05:26 PM
Hi I'm new and trying to decide between Genesis and ****, I find it very interesting reading all this information about the different clinics. I just wish I had the money for HRC but its way to expensive if we need to go a couple of times.

vickyaust
March 24th, 2013, 12:38 AM
Hi I'm new and trying to decide between Genesis and ****, I find it very interesting reading all this information about the different clinics. I just wish I had the money for HRC but its way to expensive if we need to go a couple of times.

Make sure you look into the success rates and consider that against the costs. HRC might cost more but their success rates are higher. Especially against Genesis as HRC test for all 24 chromosomes. I cycle at HRC and cant recommend Dr Potter highly enough. Good luck.