PDA

View Full Version : Oh my goodness...TWINS!!!

sweetpea
October 15th, 2012, 05:11 PM
I've been dealing with a really sharp pain on my left side, near my ovary, since ovulation. I finally decided to call my doctor today at 6 weeks and see if they wanted me to come in to determine what was causing the pain. They ended up scheduling me for a transvaginal u/s this afternoon, and I found out the pain was caused by a ruptured cyst on my left ovary, and that it wasn't anything to worry about.

However....I got the biggest shock of my life when they revealed to me that I am having TWINS!! :omg:

One baby is measuring 6w1d and the other baby is measuring 6w3d, and both had heartbeats at about 144 bpm. I am still shaking from the news (my hands are literally shaking as I write this!) and I haven't even told DH yet! He wanted me to call him as soon as I got out of the appt to let him know if everything was okay (bc of the pain I was having), and I told him that everything's fine. I didn't want to share this huge news with him over the phone, and he's driving home from work right now, so I'll be telling him shortly. I really have no idea how he's going to react! I'm really nervous!

Anyway...nobody IRL knows that I'm even pregnant yet, except for DH, so I can't share this with anyone yet. However, I had to jump on here as soon as I could and share this news with all of you lovely ladies!! :)

Now....how do I stop shaking? LOL ;)

Rosie85
October 15th, 2012, 05:12 PM
holy cow! Congratulations! Twins will be great! I hope it is two girls for you Sweatpea!

Rosie85
October 15th, 2012, 05:14 PM
oh and I think the shaking will slow down once you tell Dh. You are so over excited which is okay!

Boymomsrock
October 15th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Oh i remember that day too! I found out at exactly 6 weeks and it was a HUGE surprise! Congrats my friend and welcome to the twin club!! Can't wait to hear how dh reacts!!

cvd
October 15th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Oh my goodness!!!! CONGRATS! I was wondering why we haven't heard much from you on here lately. How exciting!!!!

dloui128
October 15th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Wow awesome news, congratulations!

Northern_Shutterbug
October 15th, 2012, 05:34 PM
cant wait to hear his reaction! Congratulations!

coocoobananas
October 15th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Wow! I'd be shaking too!! Congrats!!!

Cinss
October 15th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Wow sweetpea, twins are so cool!

Inglewood
October 15th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Welcome to the Twin club, Fx it's ur girls. xx

That's 3 pink swayers with Twins!! lol Crazy!

mummypink
October 15th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Congratulations!! :)

sweetpea
October 15th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Thanks so much, everyone! I'm not shaking as badly now, I just feel...I don't know! Excited and nervous...and almost numb, LOL! ;) I did tell DH when he got home. He kept laughing, saying I was joking. He totally, completely didn't believe me at all. I had to show him the CD of the u/s to convince him. Then, he just laid on the bed with his face in the pillow, moaning. He was like, "I thought we were swaying for a girl! I thought that meant lowered sperm count? How did you conceive TWO?!" LOL. He's totally shocked, and still processing it (just like I am), but he's already been cracking some jokes and stuff and is just in disbelief. He also said he wants to tell our parents way sooner than we had originally planned, especially since I'll now be showing sooner. Gosh, does anyone have any idea when you start showing with twins? I had wanted to wait until 15 weeks, but that probably won't happen, huh?

mummypink
October 15th, 2012, 06:24 PM
lol! Love your dh reaction! ;)

I'm not sure how soon you would start showing with twins but I imagine it won't be long! I was about 10 weeks when I was in maternity jeans this time as my others were getting uncomfy and at 11 weeks the first person asked if I was pregnant! How soon did you show with your sons? x

Inglewood
October 15th, 2012, 06:26 PM
I started showing at 14wks, but I did have a bit of a tubby belly anyway. I wasn't any bigger than with the boys and I was very neat until 20wks+ I had the girls at 35+5 and by then was big! lol I adored my twin pg and prob was my fav pg (if I'm allowed to say that ;) )

Meant to say was laughing as my Dh said the same thing "It was meant to be for 1 girl" lol

Inglewood
October 15th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Also, I didn't know it was Twins until my 12wk scan!! and I wasn't any bigger than with my boys at that point. You should find out at ur 12wks scan if they share a placenta and are identical or not?? You will have lots of opportunity to see them (which is fab) I had scans every 2wks from 16wks onwards. So excited for you as I remember like yest what it felt like. x

my4leafclover
October 15th, 2012, 07:23 PM
oh yay Sweatpea...two peas in a pod !!! congratulations!!

BeadinMom
October 15th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Oh how exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL...I love, love, love your reaction and your DH's!!!
I am thrilled for you guys and I can't wait to hear about all the progress!!! Congratulations X2!!!!

Sunflower3
October 15th, 2012, 08:15 PM
That's such exciting news!!! Congrats.

NCBeachyGrl
October 15th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Wow!!!! How exciting! Congrats!!!!

Maple
October 15th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Sweet pea!

Congratulations! I knew it!! I was going to say, "I bet you have twins", but didn't want to freak you out unnecessarily, lol.

What DPO did you get your first +OPK?

FYI - I am 3DPO now (first Clomid cycle). I had 3 mature eggs.. So I wonder if I will end up pregnant this cycle. I too have mild crampy sensation around ovary area.

What did your OB say regarding the cyst? Will it just settle/remove itself? Glad it is not a concern.

Congratulations! I think twins would be super cool! XX

Maple
October 15th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Also, I didn't know it was Twins until my 12wk scan!! and I wasn't any bigger than with my boys at that point. You should find out at ur 12wks scan if they share a placenta and are identical or not?? You will have lots of opportunity to see them (which is fab) I had scans every 2wks from 16wks onwards. So excited for you as I remember like yest what it felt like. x

Hi Inglewood,

Congratulations on getting you twin girls! Identical too, wow! Gorgeous.

Can I ask, were you on Clomid when conceived?

How is life with twins? Hope all is fab. XX

Maple
October 15th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Sweet pea!

Congratulations! I knew it!! I was going to say, "I bet you have twins", but didn't want to freak you out unnecessarily, lol.

FYI - I am 3DPO now (first Clomid cycle). I had 3 mature eggs.. So I wonder if I will end up pregnant this cycle. I too have mild crampy sensation around ovary area.

What did your OB say regarding the cyst? Will it just settle/remove itself? Glad it is not a concern.

Oops, I meant what day did you get your first + HPT? Not OPK..

sweetpea
October 15th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Oh my goodness!!!! CONGRATS! I was wondering why we haven't heard much from you on here lately. How exciting!!!!
Hey, cvd! Thanks! I haven't been on the boards much the past few days because DH took me on a long weekend trip as a belated anniversary present. We were out of town Thurs-Sat (got back super late at night), and I've been exhausted and recouping from the trip since then. I've been thinking of you girls though, in our due date thread! Hope all is well! I'll have to take a peek over there and say hi! ;)

sweetpea
October 15th, 2012, 11:09 PM
I am been waiting to find out when you were going to have an ultrasound.... I had this feeling for twins for you for some reason. That Clomid works well:). Congratulations:).
Wow, did you really? That's so strange! I know that Clomid increases the chances of twins, but I didn't really think it would happen for me. I took it CD's 4-8 too, I figured 3-7 would produce more eggs (not that that's really much of a difference, I suppose). I'm still so shocked!

sweetpea
October 15th, 2012, 11:14 PM
lol! Love your dh reaction! ;)

I'm not sure how soon you would start showing with twins but I imagine it won't be long! I was about 10 weeks when I was in maternity jeans this time as my others were getting uncomfy and at 11 weeks the first person asked if I was pregnant! How soon did you show with your sons? x
I can't really remember when I started showing with DS1. I think it was really noticeable to people around me by about 20-21 weeks? I'm not sure if that's right. With DS2, I was slimmer when I got pg with him, but I remember showing by about 16-18 weeks, I think? I remember being in a wedding at about 16 weeks, and most people couldn't even tell I was pg (but the cut of the dress was very forgiving).

I was also about "average" and not very thin with either pregnancy, so I'm sure my pudgy belly hid things pretty well for me for awhile. :p

sweetpea
October 15th, 2012, 11:17 PM
The babies each had their own sac, so that means fraternal, right? (Sorry, that's probably such a dumb question) :oops: They were also each measuring differently - one was measuring 6w1d and the other was 6w3d. I'm assuming this all means fraternal, right? Sorry for sounding dumb, I really don't know anything about twin pregnancies. I have a lot of researching to do! :)

sweetpea
October 15th, 2012, 11:19 PM
I started showing at 14wks, but I did have a bit of a tubby belly anyway. I wasn't any bigger than with the boys and I was very neat until 20wks+ I had the girls at 35+5 and by then was big! lol I adored my twin pg and prob was my fav pg (if I'm allowed to say that ;) )

Meant to say was laughing as my Dh said the same thing "It was meant to be for 1 girl" lol
I love reading all of this, Inglewood! I hope I have as great of a pregnancy as you did! :) And I'm totally LOL at your DH's comment! Too funny! ;)

sweetpea
October 15th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Sweet pea!

Hi, Maple! :wave:

Thanks for all your kind words! That's crazy that you had a feeling I'd have twins - you're the second person to tell me that! I was SO shocked when I found out today. I know I was on Clomid, but I was on such a low dose, I really did not think it would happen. My head is still spinning!

I got a very faint +HPT on 9dpo. It's gotten way, way dark since then (I've been using up my IC's).

The OB (it wasn't my OB, I was sent to a separate u/s place for some reason - maybe bc it was so early?)...anyway, he said the cyst wasn't anything to worry about, that it had ruptured and released some fluid, but that they'll keep an eye on it with future ultrasounds. I asked if it could harm the pregnancy in any way, but he said no, not at all. I hope it's truly okay, bc the pain is still there. It makes me a bit worried, but I'm trying not to.

Good luck to you this cycle! I really hope you get your BFP!!! :)

wilma_five
October 16th, 2012, 02:56 AM
Woohoo, double the trouble!
I'l bet you have twin sisters in there!!

Mum23boys
October 16th, 2012, 03:03 AM
Am I right in thinking you were on Clomid ? Huge congratulations - twins will be such a blessing. Im sure hubby will be ecstatic and so will u when you get over the initial shock :-) Send some dust my way lady :-)

dreamingpink77
October 16th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Huge Congratulations Sweetpea, I only saw this now :) This is so exciting. Can't wait till you'll be able to post pics. Can you imagine how lovely they will be in a year's time :) God bless them xxxx

dreamingpink77
October 16th, 2012, 04:35 AM
And yes they are fraternal twins if they have different sacs :)

Mum23boys
October 16th, 2012, 04:46 AM
So thats means they are not from the clomid or a freak of nature as Fraternal twins are Genetic so would be passed down from your mothers side of the family - you will have to ask her when you let her know but this means there must be tins in your family somewhere along the line..... Or do all twins have their own sac and share the same placenta ? Oh now ive confused myself !!! ha ha

Rabbit0809
October 16th, 2012, 04:51 AM
U know what sweetpea,Im sitting here shaking with u,lol, this is such exciting news girl,keeping my fingers crossed,my toes crossed,heck even my bra straps crossed for u that ur two little beans are perfect and pink ;D
Tell us how it goes with hubby ;)

Plum3
October 16th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Congratulations!! How exciting :D

Inglewood
October 16th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Sweetpea, no the girls had their own sacs but shared a placenta. The were Monochorionic Diamnotic which means they Share a placenta, but have own sac. I found out at my 12 wks scan and was sent straight away to the main hosp for a detailed scan to see if they shared the placenta or not as if so it's a bit of a higher risk twin pg than fraternal. My placenta was sent away after they were born and I found out about 2mths ago they are true Id twins! :) Although they do look very alike, so we knew they were. You should find out soon if it's 1/2 placenta's.

Maple, not on Clomid, just did a natural girl sway. My Dh is a twin (has a sister), but I was told that ID twins are just 'random' and as it's the woman that technically splits the egg, then I couldn't say it was due to him being a twin, so what was the chances of that!! lol

My life has been whizzed upside down, but AMAZINGLY so.... My girls have each other forever and I feel so blessed to have twins. I'm lucky my boys are 5 and 9, so can kinna do things for themselves.

Sweetpea, take ALL the help u can get b4 and after they arrive as I didn't and it was silly of me as people were wanting to help. I like u had a scan at 6wks due to pain and was told 1 baby!!! lol So it was a double shock at 12wks to be told 2!! Dh and I sat in silence then burst out laughing...another of Dh's 1st comments was "my car, we need a bigger car with 4 kids" poor guy was devastated!! Don't think he's still over it!!! lol

Also, I found out on 12th oct 2011 it was twins, just days b4 u this time last year!! x

sweetpea
October 16th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Am I right in thinking you were on Clomid ? Huge congratulations - twins will be such a blessing. Im sure hubby will be ecstatic and so will u when you get over the initial shock :-) Send some dust my way lady :-)
Yes, I was on 50mg of Clomid, CD's 4-8. It was my first time ever taking Clomid. I know people typically choose CD's 3-7 (more eggs, but less mature) or 5-9 (less eggs, but more ripe/mature), but I remember Atomic saying that 4-8 was a nice, happy medium between the two, so I decided to try that. Plus, CD1 is always so very difficult for me to figure out bc I have such a light period that begins with spotting and it's very, very hard to tell when my first day of flow actually is. For all I know, I may have ended up taking the Clomid CD's 5-9 afterall, since I'm not really sure when my true CD1 was (I hope that makes sense).

And I will send baby/twin dust your way for sure - whatever it is you want, dear friend! And if there is any pink dust in here at all, I'll send some to you as well. ;)

sweetpea
October 16th, 2012, 09:40 AM
And yes they are fraternal twins if they have different sacs :)

That's what I thought, dreaming! But then again, did you read what Inglewood posted below? She said hers had separate sacs but shared a placenta, and her girls are identical. So I'm guessing that means that it's possible that my egg split and the babies aren't fraternal? Although, I'm thinking that it's way more probable that I released two eggs, since I was on Clomid. I'll bet mine are fraternal. I suppose I have a lot of questions for my OB at my next visit! ;)

sweetpea
October 16th, 2012, 09:45 AM
So thats means they are not from the clomid or a freak of nature as Fraternal twins are Genetic so would be passed down from your mothers side of the family - you will have to ask her when you let her know but this means there must be tins in your family somewhere along the line..... Or do all twins have their own sac and share the same placenta ? Oh now ive confused myself !!! ha ha

Mum, one thing I do know is that fraternal twins are genetic because if a woman releases two eggs on her own, then it's likely for that trait to run in the family. Identical twins are much more rare, and happen at random (not genetic). However, if someone were to release two eggs while on Clomid (which I suspect was the case with me), it wouldn't mean that's a genetic trait, it would just be due to the medication. There are no twins at all that I know of on either side of our family (which is going to make it interesting when we tell people, as I don't really want to share my personal business about being on Clomid, but I don't know how else to explain it).

sweetpea
October 16th, 2012, 09:51 AM
U know what sweetpea,Im sitting here shaking with u,lol, this is such exciting news girl,keeping my fingers crossed,my toes crossed,heck even my bra straps crossed for u that ur two little beans are perfect and pink ;D
Tell us how it goes with hubby ;)

Thanks, Rabbit! Your post was so sweet! It made me go, "aww!" and LOL at the same time! Thanks for keeping your bra straps crossed for me, girl! But make sure to uncross them if you get too uncomfortable! ;) Heehee!

Oh, and I think I did post my hubby's reaction, maybe you missed it. He was in total denial for about a good 5 minutes - he totally thought I was joking with him. When he finally realized it was real, he laid down in bed with his face in the pillow and moaned for awhile, LOL. He was utterly shocked, and was trying to process it in his brain. He kept saying, "I thought we swayed pink! I thought that means lowered sperm count? How did you conceive TWO?!" LOL! He's okay with it now, even cracking jokes with me about how he's got super sperm :rolleyes: but yeah, it's going to be a BIG adjustment for us, for sure. And whether these are girls or boys or 1 of each, we are completely done having kids. I just really, really hope there's at least one girl in there! :pray:

sweetpea
October 16th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Sweetpea, no the girls had their own sacs but shared a placenta. The were Monochorionic Diamnotic which means they Share a placenta, but have own sac. I found out at my 12 wks scan and was sent straight away to the main hosp for a detailed scan to see if they shared the placenta or not as if so it's a bit of a higher risk twin pg than fraternal. My placenta was sent away after they were born and I found out about 2mths ago they are true Id twins! :) Although they do look very alike, so we knew they were. You should find out soon if it's 1/2 placenta's.

Maple, not on Clomid, just did a natural girl sway. My Dh is a twin (has a sister), but I was told that ID twins are just 'random' and as it's the woman that technically splits the egg, then I couldn't say it was due to him being a twin, so what was the chances of that!! lol

My life has been whizzed upside down, but AMAZINGLY so.... My girls have each other forever and I feel so blessed to have twins. I'm lucky my boys are 5 and 9, so can kinna do things for themselves.

Sweetpea, take ALL the help u can get b4 and after they arrive as I didn't and it was silly of me as people were wanting to help. I like u had a scan at 6wks due to pain and was told 1 baby!!! lol So it was a double shock at 12wks to be told 2!! Dh and I sat in silence then burst out laughing...another of Dh's 1st comments was "my car, we need a bigger car with 4 kids" poor guy was devastated!! Don't think he's still over it!!! lol

Also, I found out on 12th oct 2011 it was twins, just days b4 u this time last year!! x
I love reading your story, Inglewood! That's so fascinating that your twins each had a separate sac, but shared a placenta. Mine have separate sacs, but I have no idea about the placenta. I'm assuming that means then, that separate sacs don't always equal fraternal twins? I suppose there's a chance my egg split and I'm having identical twins, but I think the more likely explanation is that I released two eggs while on Clomid (it was my first ever cycle taking it, but it was a low dose - only 50mg). Anyway, I hope to get more answers as time goes on. I have so many questions for my OB! One thing I'm wondering is if I might still be able to have a vaginal birth, or if twins mean an automatic C-section. I've only had vaginal births in the past. My DS2's birth was an amazing, natural, med-free birth, but I somehow don't think that will happen again, now that I'm pg with twins.

I love that you said your girls will always have each other for life. I've read/heard from other people who are twins, that twins have such a special bond, and that really warms my heart. My boys are 19 months apart, but they will be 3 and 4.5 when the babies are born - I'm really glad that the twins will have each other as buddies, bc my first two are super close to each other. I'm glad that the third won't be the baby that is "trailing behind" everyone else, kwim?

One more thing I'm a bit worried about is nursing twins! I EBF'd both of my boys, never any formula, and it's the one thing in life I feel so good about accomplishing. I'm so glad I could do it for them, even when it was hard (and it definitely was hard at times). I just really, really hope I can do the same for these two babies.

Okay, I've babbled enough! Sorry about that! :oops:

Mum23boys
October 16th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Mum, one thing I do know is that fraternal twins are genetic because if a woman releases two eggs on her own, then it's likely for that trait to run in the family. Identical twins are much more rare, and happen at random (not genetic). However, if someone were to release two eggs while on Clomid (which I suspect was the case with me), it wouldn't mean that's a genetic trait, it would just be due to the medication. There are no twins at all that I know of on either side of our family (which is going to make it interesting when we tell people, as I don't really want to share my personal business about being on Clomid, but I don't know how else to explain it).

Just say it was an act of god and you have just been lessed - its no one elses business :-)

Boymomsrock
October 16th, 2012, 11:11 AM
You can still have fraternal twins if there's no twins on your side. I did, but i had m/c'd right before so my body released two for some reason! Twins are a lot of work but so much fun and they always have one another! There's a great book called "What to Expect When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets or Quads" by Barbara Luke. It is a fabulous book full of great information about what to expect, what to eat, etc. And if you haven't checked out twinstuff.com you should. Everyone there is either expecting twins or already has twins.

I EBF'd my twins for 13 months. I always nursed them together and to me it wasn't any more difficult than nursing one, since they nursed at the same time, it took the same time as 1. It was learning how to burp two at a time etc. I had this special pillow for twins called EZ2 nurse twin pillow. It was a GODsend and well worth the money! I used it the entire time. They used to get excited when they would see me putting the pillow on. Yes, you strap the thing around your waist. LOL! It's totally doable and I hated when people would say, "Are you going to TRY to nurse your twins?" What do you mean try? Yes, i plan on nursing them.

myGirl
October 16th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Congratulations again sweetpea! I always noticed your avatar is two babies heh heh... It's like fate or something :)

Also, something I read before is that with twins you have a 75% chance of having at least one girl. But I bet you have 2 girls!! The possible combinations are:
GG
GB
BG
BB

So you see, 3 out of 4 times you will have a girl:HH:

sweetpea
October 16th, 2012, 12:28 PM
You can still have fraternal twins if there's no twins on your side. I did, but i had m/c'd right before so my body released two for some reason! Twins are a lot of work but so much fun and they always have one another! There's a great book called "What to Expect When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets or Quads" by Barbara Luke. It is a fabulous book full of great information about what to expect, what to eat, etc. And if you haven't checked out twinstuff.com you should. Everyone there is either expecting twins or already has twins.

I EBF'd my twins for 13 months. I always nursed them together and to me it wasn't any more difficult than nursing one, since they nursed at the same time, it took the same time as 1. It was learning how to burp two at a time etc. I had this special pillow for twins called EZ2 nurse twin pillow. It was a GODsend and well worth the money! I used it the entire time. They used to get excited when they would see me putting the pillow on. Yes, you strap the thing around your waist. LOL! It's totally doable and I hated when people would say, "Are you going to TRY to nurse your twins?" What do you mean try? Yes, i plan on nursing them.
Thank you for all that info! I just went and downloaded the Kindle version of the book you mentioned, as I've seen it mentioned a couple times on these boards now. :agree: I'm going to start reading it tonight. :) I've also never heard of twinstuff.com, but I'm going to check it out too. Thanks for the info!

It is SO encouraging to hear that you were able to nurse your twins until 13 months! I nursed both my boys using the My Brest Friend nursing pillow (loved it! so much better than the Boppy, IMO), and I think I'll use that again, unless you think the one you mentioned would be better for twins. I don't mind the expense of a really good nursing pillow, because I think it makes a huge difference in the ease of nursing. I really, really want to nurse these babies for at least 13 months, like I did my boys. I would have gone longer than 13 months with DS1, but I was starting my second trimester with DS2, and my milk was fading away, and he was getting less interested, so I took the opportunity to stop. With DS2, I would have nursed him longer than 13 months as well, but I had a very, very difficult time with some things in my life at that point in time (was a bit depressed and very stressed out) and I just had to finish for my sanity's sake. So yeah, with these being my last babies, I would love to make it to 13 months, and even longer if I can. I'll look at it as a new challenge! I had a horrible time getting started nursing DS1, but I was stubborn and determined, and we made it work without a drop of formula! This will just be a new, exciting challenge! I can't wait to be nursing again, it's such a sweet time. :awe:

sweetpea
October 16th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Congratulations again sweetpea! I always noticed your avatar is two babies heh heh... It's like fate or something :)
Haha! I never thought of that! I've had that avatar on message boards (different ones from GD) since I've had DS2. I call my boys my sweetpeas (my baby shower with DS1 was even a sweetpea theme). I've always thought of the avatar as my two boys, but I suppose it could have been a sign for things to come! LOL! That's so funny...I really never thought of it that way until you just mentioned it now. ;)

Also, something I read before is that with twins you have a 75% chance of having at least one girl. But I bet you have 2 girls!! The possible combinations are:
GG
GB
BG
BB

That's cool! And, I may be dense, but I don't quite get the math here. It looks like the possibilities are girl 3 out of 4 times....but also boy 3 out of 4 times? Am I missing something here? (sorry to be dense) :oops:

Shellbelle
October 16th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Congratulations!!!

Mum23boys
October 16th, 2012, 12:45 PM

GG
GB
BG
BB

I like this way of looking at things :-)

Shellbelle
October 16th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Just say it was an act of god and you have just been lessed - its no one elses business :-)

I agree. People will often say rude things or ask too personal questions. They don't mean to be rude. But I think answering with "We have just been blessed" is such a great answer to those questions.

Boymomsrock
October 16th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Thank you for all that info! I just went and downloaded the Kindle version of the book you mentioned, as I've seen it mentioned a couple times on these boards now. :agree: I'm going to start reading it tonight. :) I've also never heard of twinstuff.com, but I'm going to check it out too. Thanks for the info!

It is SO encouraging to hear that you were able to nurse your twins until 13 months! I nursed both my boys using the My Brest Friend nursing pillow (loved it! so much better than the Boppy, IMO), and I think I'll use that again, unless you think the one you mentioned would be better for twins. I don't mind the expense of a really good nursing pillow, because I think it makes a huge difference in the ease of nursing. I really, really want to nurse these babies for at least 13 months, like I did my boys. I would have gone longer than 13 months with DS1, but I was starting my second trimester with DS2, and my milk was fading away, and he was getting less interested, so I took the opportunity to stop. With DS2, I would have nursed him longer than 13 months as well, but I had a very, very difficult time with some things in my life at that point in time (was a bit depressed and very stressed out) and I just had to finish for my sanity's sake. So yeah, with these being my last babies, I would love to make it to 13 months, and even longer if I can. I'll look at it as a new challenge! I had a horrible time getting started nursing DS1, but I was stubborn and determined, and we made it work without a drop of formula! This will just be a new, exciting challenge! I can't wait to be nursing again, it's such a sweet time. :awe:

I think the boppy sucks too. LOL. I think the breast friend may be similar to the twin one, i'm not sure. I know mine was slightly angled the babies would also be angled slightly or turned in toward you for a football hold. Nursing them together was so sweet, they use to smile at one another and would hold hands. <3 There were occassions where i would nurse them seperately but my letdown was much stronger with both of them and they seemed to get more milk when together.

And people are really stupid and will ask you such dumb questions. I have only been asked a handful of times if they were "natural", yes they naturally came out of my body!! That's usually what I would say! LOL!

waffles
October 16th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Congrats, sweetpea!! What awesome news!! I was dying reading your husband's reaction. Maybe you're getting two girls for the sway price of one :)

Indira
October 16th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Sweetpea wow twins, how exciting, congratulations !!

The Anchor
October 16th, 2012, 02:26 PM
That is AWESOME! So happy for you!

sweetpea
October 16th, 2012, 03:00 PM
I think the boppy sucks too. LOL. I think the breast friend may be similar to the twin one, i'm not sure. I know mine was slightly angled the babies would also be angled slightly or turned in toward you for a football hold. Nursing them together was so sweet, they use to smile at one another and would hold hands. <3 There were occassions where i would nurse them seperately but my letdown was much stronger with both of them and they seemed to get more milk when together.
Ohhh, how cute! This totally made my heart melt! I can't imagine how sweet that would be! Awwww :awe:

And people are really stupid and will ask you such dumb questions. I have only been asked a handful of times if they were "natural", yes they naturally came out of my body!! That's usually what I would say! LOL!
Good answer! Haha! ;)

Yeah, a lot of the people in our family and in our social circle are very blunt and nosy. I am sure that once we announce we're having twins (none of them know we're even pg yet btw), we will be getting questions about whether or not we were taking anything for fertility. I really don't want to lie, but I need to think of something to say that will come naturally, not forced or fake or vague sounding. You ladies have given me some good ideas! ;)

Inglewood
October 16th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Sweetpea, I've NEVER been asked how they were conceived re: clomid or HT. Was expecting people to ask if I had IVF, which I could honestly answer "no". No-one other than my mum/dh knows about my sway. I bought plently Twin books and ended up really doing my own thing to suit my family, but they are worth a read. I joined Twinstuff, but it's mostly for u guys over in the US/Canada, but there will be plenty advice and support.

I had a section for the girls, but DD2 was breech my whole pg. Also my boys were sections as I just never progressed well in labour. I choose to bottle feed the twins, I knew I couldn't cope after failing to BF ds2 which made me very depressed, that along side some GD. So for my mental well-being I bottle fed and have no regrets, but TOTALLY admire any mum of multiples who BF!!

Ask PLENTY of questions with ur OB and if u ever fancy a chat just Pm me! Will be stalking u till ur gender scan. Sure it will be girls, what an amazing sway u did!! x :) x

Maple
October 16th, 2012, 07:04 PM
I agree. People will often say rude things or ask too personal questions. They don't mean to be rude. But I think answering with "We have just been blessed" is such a great answer to those questions.

Absolutely!
No one need know you took Clomid. People are too nosy, lol. XOX

Maple
October 16th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Awe Sweetpea, you are getting some excellent advice on this thread!

It's all so exciting!

Maple
October 16th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Sweetpea, I've NEVER been asked how they were conceived re: clomid or HT. Was expecting people to ask if I had IVF, which I could honestly answer "no". No-one other than my mum/dh knows about my sway. I bought plently Twin books and ended up really doing my own thing to suit my family, but they are worth a read. I joined Twinstuff, but it's mostly for u guys over in the US/Canada, but there will be plenty advice and support.

I had a section for the girls, but DD2 was breech my whole pg. Also my boys were sections as I just never progressed well in labour. I choose to bottle feed the twins, I knew I couldn't cope after failing to BF ds2 which made me very depressed, that along side some GD. So for my mental well-being I bottle fed and have no regrets, but TOTALLY admire any mum of multiples who BF!!

Ask PLENTY of questions with ur OB and if u ever fancy a chat just Pm me! Will be stalking u till ur gender scan. Sure it will be girls, what an amazing sway u did!! x :) x

Inglewood - I have just realised I am one of those nosy people who asked you if you took Clomid! Sorry, I dont mean to be rude, it's just I have had my first Clomid cycle which is why I asked.

I wouldn't ask anyone in other situations, I guess I assumed it's ok to ask on a gender website! Didn't mean any offence!

Sounds lovely having twins. What a wonderful bond.

XX

Rainbow baby
October 16th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Congrats
Congrats
Wishing you have a double healthy happy pregnancy!

Inglewood
October 17th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Maple, please don't worry! I actually never even thought of it like that!! lol I meant no-one like family, friends people around me each day had asked. Oh no, I'm totally ok about anyone asking on here. Just meant IRL. :)

Twins are fab, although trying to get pics done today of them for Grandparents was not so cool!! lol

dreaminginoz
October 17th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Congrats so much!! WOW you must be on such a wonderful high...looking forward to following your journey!

auroara78
October 17th, 2012, 10:49 AM
I can't believe I didn't reply to this thread already!!!

Sweetpea, I am beyond thrilled for you...twins!!! That is sooo exciting! I had secretly hoped that Lillian would've been a twin so she should have a same age sibling, and you're going to have the dream come true...how awesome!!

Will you be getting nub shots and finding out? I think twin girls would be fab, since they'll have each other as sisters, but I also think B/G twins are beyond adorable. Good luck hun, hoping you got twin adorable girls in there :) and I totally think you can BF twins, it's about willpower, and the right equipment!

Lilpumpkin06
October 17th, 2012, 12:33 PM
How awesome!!!! So excited for you! Love your DH reaction too. Hilarious! Before you found out it was twins did you have any intense morning sickness or other symptoms?

Pangea
October 17th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Congratulations! So exciting! I would love twins!

Mrs_P
October 17th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Inglewood - I have just realised I am one of those nosy people who asked you if you took Clomid! Sorry, I dont mean to be rude, it's just I have had my first Clomid cycle which is why I asked.

I wouldn't ask anyone in other situations, I guess I assumed it's ok to ask on a gender website! Didn't mean any offence!

Sounds lovely having twins. What a wonderful bond.

XX

Oh Maple don't worry i'm sure no-one took offence - on here people expect questions and no-one seems to mind sharing, also your not being judgmental or negative in a way SIL or MIL would be. Or at least thats how i feel anyway, would tell you gals anything but would be really pi**ed off if i got asked those sort of questions in real life :bigsmile:

Shellbelle
October 17th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Oh Maple don't worry i'm sure no-one took offence - on here people expect questions and no-one seems to mind sharing, also your not being judgmental or negative in a way SIL or MIL would be. Or at least thats how i feel anyway, would tell you gals anything but would be really pi**ed off if i got asked those sort of questions in real life :bigsmile:

Oh, I agree! People asking questions like that here seems normal. People asking in the car pool line or in the frozen foods aisle, especially strangers, is when it gets me. :)

Wishful thinking
October 17th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Congrats on your twins! Hope your DD is in there somewhere! Have to admit to being just a tad jealous though. My sis thinks I'm crazy for even wanting twins but since my youngest is 9, I think twins would be nice to keep each other company.

sweetpea
October 17th, 2012, 06:14 PM
I can't believe I didn't reply to this thread already!!!

Sweetpea, I am beyond thrilled for you...twins!!! That is sooo exciting! I had secretly hoped that Lillian would've been a twin so she should have a same age sibling, and you're going to have the dream come true...how awesome!!

Will you be getting nub shots and finding out? I think twin girls would be fab, since they'll have each other as sisters, but I also think B/G twins are beyond adorable. Good luck hun, hoping you got twin adorable girls in there :) and I totally think you can BF twins, it's about willpower, and the right equipment!
Thanks, auroara!! :) You still got your precious, long-awaited little girl though, and that's definitely a dream come true! :agree: I still don't know if either of these little babes are a girl, so even though I feel incredibly blessed to be pregnant with twins, I'm still so nervous (not sure what I would do going from 2 to 4 boys, eek!). I'm :pray: there's at least one girl in here! ;)

Oh yes, I will be uploading and obsessing over nub shots for sure!! At least, I hope I get decent nub shots. I have a scan at around 10 weeks on November 9th (too early for nub guessing, right?) and then I'll be scheduled for my NT scan. If I remember correctly, the NT scan is usually done at around 12-13 weeks, right? That won't be until right after Thanksgiving, maybe the first week of December (I'll have to check a calendar to be sure). Then I'm paying for an elective early gender scan at 15 weeks on December 16th. I'm really hoping to know what I'm having before Christmas - I think it would be awesome to surprise our families and reveal what we're having on Christmas Day! :) Really hoping it's good news, though! I feel like I have to wait an eternity to find out, because time is moving so slowly right now. Need to keep myself occupied with something, LOL! ;)

sweetpea
October 17th, 2012, 06:17 PM
How awesome!!!! So excited for you! Love your DH reaction too. Hilarious! Before you found out it was twins did you have any intense morning sickness or other symptoms?

Thanks, Lilpumpkin! :) I started having extreme nauseousness starting right at 5 weeks, which is very early for me. I'm talking all day nausea, lots of gagging, lots of dry-heaving. No throwing up though, at least not yet. That's unusual for me, I'm usually just queasy from weeks 6-13, no gagging and no dry-heaving usually. My boobs are also HUGE right now. It's crazy. I'm also super, super tired...like, can barely keep my eyes open and would go to bed at 7pm every night if I could! :p

3boys
October 18th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Fantastic news! Huge congratulations

Vanz2010
October 27th, 2012, 12:45 AM
Congratulations on your twins! I love your DH's reaction.

sweetpea
October 31st, 2012, 02:42 PM
Just wanted to share an u/s pic of the babies. This was done yesterday, at about 8 weeks pregnant. Heartbeats were 179 bpm and 164 bpm. I'm praying so hard that they're both sticky beans!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cvd
October 31st, 2012, 03:07 PM
Yay!!!! I've never seen a twin ultrasound. That is SOOOO cool!

Right before my ultrasound yesterday my DH was praying for twins, he said he had a feeling there was 2 but there sure wasn't! (he wants 3 kids but this is my last so twins was his only hope!)

OneLastDream
October 31st, 2012, 03:09 PM
Ah that's lovely

sweetpea
October 31st, 2012, 03:12 PM
Thanks, girls! :) I had a bit of a scare yesterday morning, as I had some spotting :( but the u/s showed that everything was fine. So relieved! :)

CVD, that's so funny about your DH! ;) The weird thing is, with DS2, I thought FOR SURE I was having twins (no idea why, I just had this feeling). Nope - just one. This time around, I had NO CLUE there were two in there - it honestly didn't even cross my mind (maybe bc I swayed for a girl, and I was only thinking about gender, I don't know). Anyway, I was SHOCKED when I found out there was two this time. So much for a mother's intuition, huh? ;) LOL!

minimatron
October 31st, 2012, 06:48 PM
Wow... Congratulations... Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months

dreaminginoz
October 31st, 2012, 10:24 PM
Beautiful...like 2 peas in a pod!! lol

Id_Love_Pink
November 1st, 2012, 07:26 AM
Congratulations, what wonderful news :-) Wishing you a H&H 9 months

ILPink x

stacey221958
November 1st, 2012, 09:16 PM
CONGRATS! I think you have a GREAT chance of getting at least one girl. Look at my siggie. We did plain IUI without microsort and got pregnant with twins, TWIN GIRLS! I never in a million years thought I was even going to have one little girl let alone two. GL.

sweetpea
November 2nd, 2012, 09:35 AM
Wow, that's very encouraging to hear, stacey! :agree: Huge congrats to you on your twin girls, how incredibly exciting!!! :)

Dana-Alicia
November 3rd, 2012, 03:59 PM
That is SO exciting, congrats! I hope your girl or girls are in there! When will you find out?

sweetpea
November 4th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Thanks, Dana! :) I scheduled a private early gender scan at 15 weeks. It's on December 16th. Can't wait to find out, but nervous too!!

Mom2rskje
November 14th, 2012, 01:29 AM
2 little girls will be so precious!!

rachel
November 15th, 2012, 05:58 AM
omg what great news what did you do for your sway twin girls would be my dream xxxx

sweetpea
November 17th, 2012, 10:27 AM
omg what great news what did you do for your sway twin girls would be my dream xxxx
Rachel, the link to my sway is here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/13992-sweetpea-ttc-girl-sway-attempt-%2Aupdate-its-twins-%2A.html

sweetpea
November 17th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Quick update from me: Had my first prenatal appt yesterday. I found out that they will do a very quick u/s at each prenatal appt to check the heart beats, as a doppler wouldn't be able to distinguish between the two heart beats very well. Babies looked great (so much bigger than at my 8 week scan!) and the heart beats were 171 and 164. I was given another photo, but I'll have to take a pic of it with my phone and upload it here. It's such a relief to see them and see that they're doing well - I'm always praying in my mind and holding my breath when I go in and lay down on the u/s table. I'm hoping the second trimester will make me slightly less nervous! :)

Also...only 29 days until our early gender scan!!! :nails:

Boymomsrock
November 17th, 2012, 10:42 AM
OMG are you so excited for the scan!? I almost never heard my babies heartbeats with a doppler, my OB would just do a quick U/S every time! So excited for you! How are you feeling?

sweetpea
November 17th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Hi, boymomsrock! :) YES, I'm super excited about the scan...and super nervous, too! It feels like it's going to take forever to get here! I have already asked the sonographer if she would keep the gender results a secret while we're at the appt, and put the info into an envelope for us to read over dinner that night. Honestly, if she were to tell me there's two boys in there, I really think I would lose it right there on the table. So, I'd prefer to find out in private with my hubby. I am so, so nervous. My stupid MIL has already told me, and I quote, "If it's two boys, you might as well kill yourself now!" Nice. :rolleyes: Anyway...just trying to get through the yucky first trimester stuff now, and hoping I'll feel a bit better in a few more weeks. Oh, and we're finally spilling the news to our families on Thanksgiving!! Only 5 days left!! :)

Also wanted to let you know that I've been thinking a lot about you lately, and have been :pray: for good news soon! Hang in there! You're always in my thoughts and prayers... (((hugs)))

rachel
November 17th, 2012, 11:07 AM
thanks sweetpea cant wait for your scan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!