PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances?

Lolly55
October 16th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Hi all, am hoping for some advice.

I am planning on swaying pink in 2013 so currently trying to avoid pregnancy.

I have recently had my cycle return since DS. I had EWCM on day 18 of my first 'post breastfeeding' cycle. I avoided BD during this week then day 23 we BD with no protection as I thought I would have O'd judging by my CM (and you could say we got a bit carried away).

I am now on CD 34 with no AF. I realise cycles could be whacky, any advice? If I had EWCM did I definitely O? How soon after EWCM do you usually O? Or could it be that O didnt actually happen? I haven't been tracking with fertility monitors, just using CM as a guide.

I have had cramping on and off for a few days and thought AF would have raised her head by now.

Is there a chance I am pregnant? I really dont want to do a test yet, too nervous! It wouldn't be the best timing for us. I guess if I get to about CD40 and still no AF i will have to test.

nuthinbutpink
October 16th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Well, yes, you could be! Hormones take a while to regulate but anything is possible. Good luck!

Cinss
October 16th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Hard to say really without having a regular cycle, my gut feeling is that you timed it ok and would have been past O, but i would suggest using a better method of birth control until you are ready to fall pregnant again. You dont want to be stressing every month.

Lolly55
October 17th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Thanks for your replies!
I think you're right, my gut tells me I am not pregnant and that I missed O, the only thing throwing me off is the fact I had distinct EWCM two weeks ago so would have thought I would have AF by at least today.
I am going to see if she turns up in the next 10 days, if so I will be getting on the BCP ASAP and if not, well I will do a test.
Thanks for your help.

atomic sagebrush
October 17th, 2012, 02:37 PM
It's possible that you could be pregnant, but also possible that you had a fake O. I had a fake O when BF once that was so real, it was realer than my normal Os are! I had EWCM for days, high/soft cervix, higher sex drive, O pains, and then just no AF. I never ovulated at all. My doctor said it's relatively common while BF.

The Anchor
October 17th, 2012, 03:01 PM
YES, me too, I got the "real" AF about 4 months after DS was born (and I was still bf'ing, and for DD I got AF back after 2 months while bf'ing)...anyway, I had what I thought was FOR SURE O pains at 3 months after DS, tons of EWCM, thinking to myself, "back so soon? COME ON!". Avoiding DTD because I was so sure, and turns out it was a complete fake out. If it was me, I would test, just to ease my mind.

Lolly55
October 18th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Thanks atomic and anchor, I am really hoping it is a fake O then! I didn't even know that was possible!

Still no AF....have been crampy on and off for a week now but I guess that could be anything.
I will wait until mid next week to test, my gut tells me AF will arrive before then. I really hope so as I want to give the sway a good shot and I also didn't want such a close age gap! I think given our age and the timing of dtd (and only once unprotected) pregnancy would have to be very unlikely. Fingers crossed she arrives soon.

Lolly55
October 18th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Sorry I should have clarified that I stopped BFing 2 months ago, this is my first cycle back after stopping. Can you still have a fake O while not BFing? I am so nervous, never thought I would be hoping for my period like this!!

LacePrincess
October 18th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Sorry I should have clarified that I stopped BFing 2 months ago, this is my first cycle back after stopping. Can you still have a fake O while not BFing? I am so nervous, never thought I would be hoping for my period like this!!

Well if you're only 2 months off bf'ing you haven't had time to really 'normalize' yet. It generally takes 3-6 months after weaning (just like coming off bcp) to regulate. Mind you, this only applies if you've been feeding a fairly young infant/child......after baby gets most of his nutrients from 'real' food then your cycle will gradually return. So coming off bf'ing a 6 month old and coming off bf'ing a 2-3 YO are very different.

So there's no way to say, unfortunately. Could be real, could be fake O. Alas, you'll simply have to wait it out and test in a few weeks!

atomic sagebrush
October 19th, 2012, 07:55 PM

yes happens all the time

Lolly55
October 20th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Thanks All, she arrived yesterday so I think I must have O'd about 3 days after i had EWCM (unless it was indeed a fake). Am relieved and plan to get on the pill ASAP and plan my 2013 sway. Best of luck to all of you and thanks for the reassurance! Lolly.