PDA

View Full Version : SHORT boys names ?

Mum23boys
October 17th, 2012, 08:31 AM
We have 3 sons Owen Ellis and Liam and are TTC baby 4 after a loss last month. We will remain team green and have a long list of girls names we both love but ever since ds 3 was born 3 years ago we havent heard a single boys name we like - it needs to be short - a name like the 3 we have with just 3-5 letters in it and preferable a name that cant be shortened so james would be Jay or Jim etc so thats a no no....

I quite like Toby but DH not keen - same as Evan. Ds 1 was going to be oliver but now my sister named her son that. DS 2 was a charlie but we went off that and ds 3 was going to be finley - i like finn but DH doesnt so we literally dont have a single name we both like for a boy !!!

alreadyneedivf
October 17th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Brody, Brady, Jack, Luke--a few of my favs:) Don't even know what forum I am on--lol--but I think of baby names all day long (and have since way before I thought of having a baby).

hopingforsaskia
October 17th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Cain
Theo
Dane
Ben
Van
Stone
Chad
Harry
Coen

I love Ellis! You've got great boys names! :) hope I've helped! x

Mum23boys
October 17th, 2012, 08:55 AM
OOOOO I like Theo

NCBeachyGrl
October 17th, 2012, 09:10 AM
DS2 is Kai and I am thinking of Eli, Coby or Kobe, Cameron (Cam) if this is a boy.

cravingsalt
October 17th, 2012, 09:14 AM
I think you're on the right track with a short name; I was thinking of going that way too because it flows with the longer sib names first. (Mine would be 3 syllables, 2 syllables, 1 syllable)

Thinking of Zane and Tate. I like that Tate can be our little Tater-tot. ;)

jennaesue
October 17th, 2012, 10:09 AM
My dh suggested Miles and I really like that! Although for me, it is a con that it can't be shortened because I prefer a name to have a nickname. I'm not sure what I would call him, and I would probably end up calling him something like Miley and I don't like that because of that darned teen actress.

Rosie85
October 17th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Theo is short for Theodore. You don't have to name him Theodore though. That will likely be my boys name if it's another boy. The other name I have picked would work for you as well...Milo. I also like the name Dax.

Rosie85
October 17th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Milo is often a nickname for miles....

Rosie85
October 17th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Henry is a good name...no nickname there.

atomic sagebrush
October 17th, 2012, 10:45 AM
We have a Tate and a Clark.

What about Ian?

atomic sagebrush
October 17th, 2012, 10:46 AM
I think you're on the right track with a short name; I was thinking of going that way too because it flows with the longer sib names first. (Mine would be 3 syllables, 2 syllables, 1 syllable)

Thinking of Zane and Tate. I like that Tate can be our little Tater-tot. ;)

That's what we call our Tate!! :)

auroara78
October 17th, 2012, 10:53 AM
If this one had been a boy, I would've pushed hard for Henry. I love it, it's short, has a lot of history, isn't really popular but everyone knows it, plus it can't be shortened!

DS2 is Evan
DS1 is Quinten, though Quinten is longer than your reqiurements, no one shortens it (no one calls him Quinn or anything) the only thing I do is when I'm lazy about typing his name I might say just the "Q man" lol

Another suggestion is Devin.

Winngrin
October 17th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Ds3 is Slade. If this baby is a boy we will name him Lance Cole but call him Cole. Dh is lance and we don't want a Jr or a big lance and little lance. I also love the names Dane, Lane, Quinn, and Trey

The Anchor
October 17th, 2012, 01:08 PM
My girlfriend has a Silas which I like, there's also Mason...

Boymomsrock
October 17th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Grant, jack, drake, max, Wyatt

*ruby*
October 17th, 2012, 01:14 PM
What about Leo?

I like Tate and Quinn as well and they go great with your other boys names.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 17th, 2012, 01:15 PM
We have a Tate and a Clark.

What about Ian?

Ian is our boy name if we need it.

Hobbermittens
October 17th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Jack or Jake are both short and can't be shortened. :)

momof3boyz11
October 17th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Wade and Luca!!!

Rosie85
October 17th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Roan is another short one! Could be spelled Rowan.

weeziewoozles
October 17th, 2012, 02:43 PM
My dh suggested Miles and I really like that! Although for me, it is a con that it can't be shortened because I prefer a name to have a nickname. I'm not sure what I would call him, and I would probably end up calling him something like Miley and I don't like that because of that darned teen actress.

I have a Miles! Fab name :)

Dreamofpink
October 17th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Of course I'm biased as DS2 is one, but Ethan HAS to be the best short boys name! :rofl: And we named him that long before Danni Minogue had her baby :giggle: Nate (shortened from Nathaniel) is also nice, but if we had a girl and a boy next, we like the names Nate and Maia, it would be pretty obvious that we like the telly series Six Feet Under!
BTW Theo's lovely but DH doesn't like it. Do you like more traditional names or modern?

Dreamofpink
October 17th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Anyway, just realised that you won't be needing them if all goes well!!!!! I've been thinking some up though too, just to be prepared :bigsmile:

Mrs_P
October 17th, 2012, 03:14 PM
We have 3 sons Owen Ellis and Liam and are TTC baby 4 after a loss last month. We will remain team green and have a long list of girls names we both love but ever since ds 3 was born 3 years ago we havent heard a single boys name we like - it needs to be short - a name like the 3 we have with just 3-5 letters in it and preferable a name that cant be shortened so james would be Jay or Jim etc so thats a no no....

I quite like Toby but DH not keen - same as Evan. Ds 1 was going to be oliver but now my sister named her son that. DS 2 was a charlie but we went off that and ds 3 was going to be finley - i like finn but DH doesnt so we literally dont have a single name we both like for a boy !!!

my third is a toby - i wasn't sure to start with ds1 chose it but now it really suits him, charlie was always our back up name to how funny.

hopefully you won't need it but how about noah, chris, jack

jennaesue
October 17th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Henry is a good name...no nickname there.

Henry is my ds1 - it is my absolute favorite boy name ever. And I do call him Hen. :) And Hank could be a nickname, but we don't use that one.

fish2012
October 25th, 2012, 04:29 PM
my ds2 is noah - i love it but that figures ;-0

vickyaust
October 25th, 2012, 04:53 PM
I have a Finn & we love it. Try to convince your DH.

bythestream
October 25th, 2012, 05:50 PM
I have a Levi and a Luca

Sugaree
November 1st, 2012, 12:45 PM
Ryan or Jack.

Mum23boys
November 1st, 2012, 12:49 PM
Ryan is an option but we have 3 friends with Jacks

stillwanttwomore
November 1st, 2012, 12:56 PM
I love the name Jax (pronouced Jacks)!!!

OneLastDream
November 1st, 2012, 01:17 PM
We have Ethan Hayden and Louie - one of their middle names is Noah - I like Jude too and theo but ds wouldn't let me use because the chipmunk film had just come out !!!!

Wanting-a-girl
November 1st, 2012, 01:44 PM
My three boys are Evan Hayden and Ezra I also liked Jude

Tiggerian
November 5th, 2012, 07:55 PM
I have a Noah and a Tristan =)

I absolutely love the name Theo (my Noahs middlename is Theodore!) - Toby is a really good name too!

Rosie85
November 5th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Jude is an awesome name. My Dh vetoed it since his moms name is Judy. I think she should change her name, hahahaha.

mummypink
November 11th, 2012, 10:32 AM
I love the name Henry, we got a cat this summer and called him Henry and I'm really regretting it now as if this one is a boy I would have loved to call him that.

We are really struggling with boys names here are a few short ones for you:

Alex
Jacob
Sam
Toby
Bryn
Cole
Alfie
Arthur
Brendan
Zach

Hmmmm... boys names are so hard when you have two or more already! x

Mom2rskje
November 14th, 2012, 03:21 AM
How about Flynn since hubby didn't like Finn ?

babygirlplz
December 7th, 2012, 04:54 AM
Alex
Zane
Jay
Kai
Sam
Sem
Jordy
Bas
Bart
Ben
Bing
Bjorn
Cedric
Cas
Cody

babygirlplz
December 7th, 2012, 05:08 AM
Cole
Dan Dave Darren Davy
Eelco Elvin Elwin Ed Elmer Emmet Evan Evert
Fred Frank Floris Floyd Fritz Fynn
Grant Greg
Ian Ivo
Jacob Jaimy Jamai Jari Jarrod Jarno Jim Jeff Jody Joël John Johna Josh Julian Jurian Justin

Pangea
December 7th, 2012, 05:12 AM
How about Rory? I love it, but then I would as it's DS1's name.

babygirlplz
December 7th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Oh nooo..I went all the way to Z but I lost the post.. Blergh..