PDA

View Full Version : Anyone conceive a girl with pre-seed?

cravingsalt
October 17th, 2012, 09:11 AM
So… I am on month 6 of ttc and have dropped just about everything. At this point I’d no longer be swaying for a girl, just ttc- and thinking of using pre-seed. I know it supposedly sways boy. I want to conceive sooner than later, but would pre-seed be totally swaying the other way? Has anyone used pre-seed and had a girl?

LacePrincess
October 17th, 2012, 09:47 AM
From my understanding, Preseed definitely sways boy. How often are you bd'ing? I would try just keeping daily bd'ing from O-3 to O+1, and don't bd before that so you have maximum swimmers within 48 hours of O.

Try drinking more water, that will help increase CM. Robitussin loosens up CM too and increases EWCM but also sways blue as a result.

If you can, don't abandon the diet completely, maybe try just loosening things up? Definitely relax calories if you find it really restrictive and hard to stick to, continue to skip breakfast but let yourself eat and have treats, just not crazy amounts.

cravingsalt
October 17th, 2012, 10:25 AM
BD'ing daily from positive opk through the temp rise. I have noticed reduced "output" by hubby. Not sure if it's age or frequent bd'ing but after going to the bathrrom I actually have had to ask him if he finished to make sure! (tmi, sorry!) May we have to up the ante. With ds1 I was taking evening primrose oil and robitussin, and after 14 months ttc finally got pregnant (obviosly with a boy). When ds1 was 6 months old we figured it'd take another year to get pregnant just let things happen and got ds2 that first month (!). OB said you're extra fertile after giving birth but I was very surprised!

So I'm thinking we're both 5 years older than the first attempt, and it took long enough then...but you may be right, I'll kick myself later if I use something so obviously blue. I'll resist the preseed this cycle in favor of more water- and a looser LE, I was tending to go overboard in previous cycles.

Thanks, Lace!

LacePrincess
October 17th, 2012, 11:49 AM
I just didn't want you to give up on all the sway stuff and throw in the proverbial towel! I know how you feel, with our last 2 we just freaked after 6 months and swung so hard the other way just trying to get knocked up, that we swayed blue really hard. I don't want to do that this time!

Hmm, sounds like it's your DH holding you guys back, since your chart looks terrific. Maybe have him up his fluid intake too to produce more output. You might have to reduce frequency though, because it sounds like he's definitely losing a lot of volume. The only time mine gets that depleted is when I'm having him do a solo release within hours of our attempt.

Maybe next cycle switch to bd'ing every 1.5 days instead of every 24 hours.......give DH a bit of extra recovery time might make a huge diff.....so morning one day, evening the next, etc.

Praying4Pink
October 17th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Craving - We used preseed this go round and BAM...preggo! Now I really think you have to weigh your options especially concerning gender desire and the sorts. I only have one child and I am already in my 30's. So...rather than just saying I am going to sway girl and possibly take a year or more I did throw in the proverbial towel and used the preseed. I'm almost sure it is going to be a boy but I will let you know in about 16 weeks, lol. We did decide that if it is a boy we are going to try for a girl. I will sway girl the next time for as long as I can. I personally do not want to have any more after 35.

Hobbermittens
October 17th, 2012, 01:47 PM
There's a whole thread on here I started about preseed and resulting gender. Almost everyone who responded to the thread had a boy (there were a couple girls conceived with it as well).

I used preseed and had a boy.

I will see if I can find the thread for you....

ladybug
October 17th, 2012, 01:49 PM
I used preseed and got a GIRL!

cravingsalt
October 17th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Thanks ladies! I'm going to hold off on it for this month... Lace is totally right, I'm just to a point where I'm saying I don't care but I would still kick myself if I really swayed blue, knowing #3 will be my last.

Thanks, Lace, for all the tips- and everybody for your input! You told me what I needed to be reminded of.

pebmcpd7
October 17th, 2012, 07:14 PM
I used it for my last 2 babies and got boys, I did'nt know it swayed blue!!! But then I did'nt know about swaying.