PDA

View Full Version : Missing symptom.

Rosie85
October 17th, 2012, 06:30 PM
I have another question for those who have both genders. Was there a symptom you had with one but not the other?

For example when I was pregnant with both of my boys I had the worst acne ever and now with this pregnancy I have zero acne. My doc said for some women it can mean they are carrying the opposite sex. What do you all think?

Rosie85
October 17th, 2012, 06:34 PM
This isn't really including morning sickness...that is so varying with each pregnancy. Although I know someone who only got ms with one sex and not the other.

dloui128
October 17th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Pimples for sure, I get them now on my back and face and I had great skin when I was pregnant with my two girls. I am extremely moody this time and with the girls I was always in a good mood. And I was sick to my stomach alot this time and not with my girls

Rosie85
October 17th, 2012, 07:31 PM
That is what I like to hear, naha. Not that you are having more issues of course, just that the acne is so different or in your case there now and it wasn't before.

I don't buy skin is worse with girls, I think it's the opposite. I had hundreds of pimples at any given time with my boys and a ton of other women I knew that were having boys had terrible acne too. The three people I knew having girls all had clear skin.

homebirthing princess
October 18th, 2012, 05:23 AM
I had perfect skin with my boys but this time round I have spots, my hair also is greaser! I believe for me that my ms indicated girl as with both my boy pregnancies I never had any sickness!! Xx

Rainbow baby
October 18th, 2012, 08:08 AM
I have had 4 boys and had very different symptoms for all of them. Not one was the same. From milk/lolly's to meat and salt. Acne to clear and a few weird ones I care not to mention lol.

Rosie85
October 18th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Oh, I hear it is common for each pregnancy to be different.

My pregnancies with my two boys were practically identical. So hoping the changes this time around mean something!

carolina2666
October 19th, 2012, 04:13 AM
every pregnancy is different as Rainbow baby says. Its absolutely true. the symptoms you feel are no indication of the gender of the baby :)

spinningmadly
October 20th, 2012, 06:41 PM
my complexion was great with my boys. with the dd for the time i was pregnant i had acne. this time, my complexion is so-so but i'm also on progesterone and not sure how that is messing with things.

NearlyDone
October 23rd, 2012, 08:44 AM
The major difference for me was with my boy i was starving....i could go from not hungry to the point of shaking with hunger in a couple of minutes........iv never felt anything like that before ever

Shellbelle
October 23rd, 2012, 09:28 AM
With my ds's, I had clear skin and good looking hair. With my dd, I broke out like I was 15 and had greasy, nasty hair that needed to be washed 2x a day, but that wasn't until I was into my 2nd trimester. So I have always wondered if there was some truth to that! With the boys, everyone commented on how great I looked. With the girl, everyone looked sympathetic and asked how much longer till she was born, LOL.

With this one, my forehead looks like it's about to break out big time, but right now it's just tiny rough spots and not the big nasty ones. It may just be too early to tell either way for me.

dloui128
October 23rd, 2012, 09:41 AM
The major difference for me was with my boy i was starving....i could go from not hungry to the point of shaking with hunger in a couple of minutes........iv never felt anything like that before ever

OMG this is exactly how I feel now that I am carrying a boy, with my girls I was never like that

rockstar
October 31st, 2012, 11:25 AM
main difference for mine is with girl i got more weight gain nearly 14kg but with boy my weight is not gained much hardly 2 to 3 kgs

hotdogz&boyz
November 5th, 2012, 12:34 PM
From your siggy, I guess that didn't end up meaning anything :( I don't know what I believe when it comes to stuff like this. My boy pregnancies (my first two) were really similar in symptoms. I was only mildly sick, got horrible back acne (not much on my face though), got horrible preggo insomnia for weeks, but was generally pretty comfortable, decent looking, and happy.

This time (unknown gender), I also have only mild sickness, but acne on my face, terrible heartburn and internal digestive upset. No problems sleeping, but massive moodiness. My back is completely clear, but my hair is greasier. I also have a much more sensitive sense of smell.

But I still think it is a boy. I will be curious to see if any of the differences mean anything. I am thinking it is all just from a different pregnancy, at a different point in my life. Ya know?

mummypink
November 9th, 2012, 12:41 PM
My skin has been horrible this time, with my boys I had little pimples around the time I got my bfp but then my skin was great. Morning sickness wise I was so much sicker with DS2 than DS1 but I think that is more to do with the fact I had DS1 to look after while pregnant with DS2 as there is only 17 months between them.

I have no idea if there is a connection or not!