PDA

View Full Version : Car Seats

nuthinbutpink
February 17th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Reply to this thread with your favorite Car Seats.

Lillylolly
February 18th, 2011, 02:05 AM
We used a Maxi Cosi infant carrier and now use an extended rear facing Maxi Cosi. I believe it is a Mobi and I would most definitely recommend it to others.

xnicolax
February 18th, 2011, 04:33 AM
I have never had one that I like but I can tell you which ones not to get. Never get a mutsy traveller car seat! I dont like the Mamas and Papas ones either, I never got one but they always seem too upright to me. The next one will be getting a maxi cosi. For bigger kids I love britax, all the models I have tried have all been brilliant.

Lilian78
February 18th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Sunshine kids radian!!

Liv
February 18th, 2011, 11:23 AM
I have used peg perego and graco infant car seats, and britax convertibles.

december
February 20th, 2011, 03:18 PM
L is in a Graco Snugride 32. We need to get a bigger seat soon and I have no idea where to start.

lindi
February 20th, 2011, 05:08 PM
I have britax. I have the roundabout and the boulevard. The boulevard has the total side impact protection but honestly I like the roundabout better.

Ashgirl
February 23rd, 2011, 05:11 PM
Graco infant snugride & Britax

skrimpy
February 23rd, 2011, 06:50 PM
For mine I have liked the Graco 5pt infant seat that goes up to above 30lb weight limit. They keep changing the name of the seat, heh, but it's the same basic seat.

Then I move them into a Britax convertible or a Sunshine Radian. I like the Britax seats best but it's hard to beat the narrow width of the Radian when you have a lot in seats.

Also really pleased with the Britax Frontier 85 which will keep my kids harnessed a long time then in booster until they are much bigger :) I am a huge fan of harnessing as long as possible.

crystal-light
February 23rd, 2011, 10:28 PM
Sunshine kids radian!!

DS2 has one of these and we like it pretty well- DS3 has a Combi Coccoro and it's pretty good too :)

Azuremyst
February 24th, 2011, 05:09 PM
This is Olivia's.

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Trend-Flex-Infant-Seat/dp/B003XT9Y7U

Catch!
March 6th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Sunshine kids is great!

purplepoet20
April 14th, 2011, 06:53 PM
I have Britax Marathon and I do love them but not 100% attached... My favorite are the First Years Convertible Carseat 5-65 lbs. The top head rest comes off until the babies head reaches the line, it makes it shorter for rear facing. Very easy to install and very comfy. Also the straps can be adjusted in 2 seconds without having to unlatch the seat or unhook anything. We are getting another one for the new baby so we can have 3 in the car we take on long road trips.

b3blue
July 31st, 2011, 12:09 AM
Radian for the those tall but skinny kidlets to keep them rearfacing! I got 6 more months than with my Marathon (past age 3 woot!). I love the Keyfit as a infant seat. It's such a dream to install.

Aqua
August 5th, 2011, 01:23 PM
I am getting the Chico keyfit 30 - fuego. Love the color and its rated so high!

Roonarpia
August 5th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Chicco Keyfit 30

purplepoet20
August 5th, 2011, 06:39 PM
For our infant seat we have a Graco Snug Ride with the matching stroller... it was given to us by a friend whos son out grew it at 4mths.

I am starting to consider a new seat that would be good for 1-2 years old up until 6-8 years. I just have to find slim ones because or cars dont have head rest and I want all my kids to have that protection and still fit in the back seat.... I know the Britax Frontier goes to 120 lbs which would be great for going into the teen years ;) but how wide are they? Is the Sunshine one slimmer? and what is the weight limit?

DoulaMama
August 5th, 2011, 06:50 PM
I have 3 sunshine kids radian premiers. I love how slim they are and my boys are quite petite so they will be in them for quite sometime. I plan on keeping my 5yo in his premier until he's around 7-8yrs. FF you can have up to 65lbs...my 5yo is 37lbs now and although where I am you can move them into a booster at 6yo...I won't be doing that. I love the 5pnt harness :)
Anyway, my 13mos old has been in a radian since 5mos and he sleeps great in it. So do my FF boys. I think I'm going to RF my littlest until 3yo this time around. So many studies are proving it is so much safer for their little necks. Anyways, I have no idea what infant seat we will be getting for #4...still have to research a bit. I may just get a radian and hope my little squirt fits well in it from the get go...I do have 8+ lb babies so hopefully it'll be ok.

ravenaub
December 17th, 2011, 10:22 AM
I use the PegPerego Primo Viaggo carriers and then switch to Britax when they are a bit bigger. I used the Round-about one last time, but am thinking about getting the Marathon one this time. It is bigger and you can get longer use out of it.

Mama
August 17th, 2012, 01:32 AM
We have a Combi Cocorro cause it was really the only seat that fit comfortably rear facing in our tiny car! The buckle is kind of annoying, but it looks comfy for DS.

Callmecrazy
September 5th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Chicco keyfit for an infant seat. Britax - any convertible. Sunshine kids I like depending on the vehicle. I am a tech so I've had some headache seats. These are by far my favs, and what I have in my own vehicle.
Though the new clek seat is looking pretty awesome...

AKMommy
August 21st, 2013, 02:11 PM
I used a graco infant carrier for the first 6 months, then switched to a graco convertible (comfort sport I think is what it was called). We turned them forward around 2, and we got Graco Nautilus (the younger brother needed the convertible). I now have 2 Nautilus carseats and LOVE them. Have been using them since 2008 and 2010, and they have held up great! I got the graco highback turbobooster with safety surround for our secondary vehicle. These are great and very snug for the boys. I bought them on Target's website, they have sales on them about every 6 months or so (save about 20 bucks per seat).

For this future baby (I haven't started my sway yet), I am looking at the ReCaro ProRide. I looked at The First Years with the detachable headrest, Graco My Ride 65, Britax Marathon (these for the final ones I was comparing, after looked and reading about pretty much every convertible carseat out there).I liked the anti rebound bar on The First Years, but after more reading, decided to go with the the ProRide. The First Years is my secondary choice with a tie for 3rd with Britax and Graco (I was leaning more towards the Graco though). :)

Wanting-a-girl
August 21st, 2013, 02:24 PM
I LOVE my britax lol I have the chaporone for infant and I love it! And I have the advocate for ds3 and love it! I have them both in cowmooflauge :)

I am going to be getting the britax Frontier with th click tight in a couple months.

I also have the chaporone stroller and the b-ready... I wouldn't really recommend the chaporone stroller but I do love the b ready

WillowsGirl
August 21st, 2013, 11:53 PM
I have four Britax car seats and love them all, except the Chaperone. Way too big and bulky for me, and my baby hated being in it. I ended up buying the Britax B safe for him and love it so much more, even though it's not as "nice." I love Britax though. I got my Chaperone for free through their free ride event, and then I got my Advocate for free through the registry rewards program. I also have the B ready stroller and love it.
I also owned a Baby Trend car seat with my first son and hated it. The buckle is terrible.