PDA

View Full Version : Bottles

nuthinbutpink
February 17th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Dr. Browns work best for us.

Lillylolly
February 18th, 2011, 02:03 AM
I am going to add a second to Dr Browns. LOVE them.

xnicolax
February 18th, 2011, 04:34 AM
I used tommee tippee closer to nature.

december
February 20th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Dr. Browns. It's a love/hate relationship. I hated cleaning out all the parts. But I love the glass (easier to clean than plastic) and I swear by that little vent thing.

lindi
February 20th, 2011, 05:09 PM
born free glass

luvmyluvbug
March 5th, 2011, 08:41 AM
When we had to use a bottle I liked born free the best as well

NYFamilyOfFiveRoses
March 9th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Gerbers are working great for us now. I just have to make the hole a little bit bigger. Before that, I used munchin bottles for all of my children, but they are so hard to find now.

Wishing4Emma
March 9th, 2011, 10:03 PM
We used Avent and haven't had any problems.

ravenaub
December 17th, 2011, 10:28 AM
I read on some website about these new bottles that are "supposedly" just like the breast, shape and mechanics. They are called mimijumi. Has anyone used these? I want to get them, but they are newish and wanted to see if anyone else has had a good/bad experience first. With twins coming, I'm going to try and exclusively breastfeed, but I need to be able to supplement with a bottle (of formula or breastmilk) if need be.

xokatietatie
December 21st, 2011, 01:26 PM
I used these when I didn't nurse - BPA Free Baby Bottle | Breastflow - The First Years (http://www.thefirstyears.com/wps/portal/breastflow).

Kerribug2004
January 28th, 2012, 03:11 PM
I love the gerber Nuk kind, my boys loved them as well.

julez12
April 25th, 2012, 02:46 AM
Both my boys lived the dr. Brown bottles...

Callmecrazy
September 5th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Breastflow.

Satox3
November 10th, 2012, 02:21 AM
We use tommee tippee. we also used doctor browns with premie nipples, as the lactation consultant said it would be the slowest flow nipple. But I thought our closer to nature Tommee tippees had a much slower flow, or it seemed like it, as our son ate much slower with them.

mommazipps
November 12th, 2012, 01:50 AM
all my girls used soothie

Mum23boys
November 12th, 2012, 06:36 AM
all 3 boys had dr brown and never had Colic - LOVE THEM !!

jacquelineh
June 15th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Playtex Ventaire for sure. She eats about an extra ounce per feeding out of these compared to all the others and they help with the colic.

We tried the Gumdrop Soother ones which she HATED, the basic Gerber and NUK ones which were so-so, and the Breastflow which she would absolutely not even suck out of at all.

The Playtex Ventaire nipples are odd though. Her formula is thicker because she needs the AR to hold down the spit up and on the wide mouth Ventaire's a medium flow works fine. On the standard Ventaire, even the fast flow seem to clog or flow really slowly and frustrate her and we have to use the Dr Browns Y cut nipples, which are great and fit fine in the standard Ventaire.

Wanting-a-girl
June 16th, 2013, 01:25 AM
I used Avent for my first two... Ds3 had tummy issues and dr browns were life saver! This time I'm trying Tommie tippie with the anti colic system similar to dr browns cause I read reviews by consumer reports and thy ranked 1st place...

strawberrymom
June 18th, 2013, 08:52 PM
With ds1 I started him on lansinoh and medela bottles with breastmilk and he took right to them (1st bottle between 4-5 weeks). With ds2 I exclusively bf him and didn't try to introduce a bottle until 10 months and he would not take to anything (finally got him to take sippy cup after 2 months of trying everything). So I think timing is more imp. than bottle . That being said during the try everything phase I did purchase something similar to previously mentioned mimijumi,called comotomo and it is a wonderful bottle, no leaks, and very breastlike, and am glad to have it for the new one. Also tried Adiri which leaked ALL the time.

AKMommy
August 21st, 2013, 01:50 PM
My all time favorite is Born Free glass. Then comes Dr. Browns, and I also liked Soothie. I only do glass now (only did glass with DS3 also). I grabbed some used Lansioh mOmma this time around, and after doing some research, the mOmma nipples are supposedly the best for nursing moms. So I am going to try them out with the born free (they say they fit Dr. Brown's wide mouth, and born free has the same size as Dr. Brown's). :)

deaks66
August 21st, 2013, 01:54 PM
Mam bottles are THE absolute best!