PDA

View Full Version : What's with the hips propped?

Adia
October 19th, 2012, 11:17 AM
I remember Tamara saying to prop hips after BD for TTC boy but now IG says to keep upright and not lay down.

I thought it was because X sperm were vertically challenged but then propping hips doesn't make sense?

Does propping hips just help the swimmers get in the uterus??

Update:
I was thinking about this and I forgot to include that IG says to not lay down if doing TBM...that makes a big difference doesn't it!!

LacePrincess
October 19th, 2012, 11:33 AM
I thought it was just to get more 'stuff' in there, as more swimmers sways boy, which is why for girl we're supposed to jump & dump and do FR.....

but really I don't think it makes much of a difference since you have millions of sperm, and if it's really always 50-50% then it's just a matter of luck which swimmer makes the egg. I do buy more into the diet theory as it would make sense that the mom's body can be more receptive to female vs male embryos and thus 'reject' the gender it doesn't favour as much.

Adia
October 19th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Thanks LP, that make sense. Probably one of this 'who knows?" things...which is so much in swaying.

I'm a military wife too, I was a Navy wife until a few months ago, now DH is Air Force!! DH is in aviation so combined with my normal LE diet I'm not too surprised we have 3 girls!!!

Good luck swaying for a pinky pie!

LacePrincess
October 19th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Hey fellow AF-widow! ;) Don't see your location, but we're Canadian so our military setup is different from the US. Still, been going through a lot of separations lately which SUCK ASS. DH was deployed this past year (so, 9 months including all the pre-deployment training stuff) and he's away again right now on a 3 week course. And I'm trying not to think about him posted away from us starting next year. I'm proud of him and all but this life really sucks hard. :(

So crazy, trying to time our bd attempts around his stupid course! LOL

Mine's a desk jockey though. Maybe with yours it's all that upper atmosphere radiation and the emissions from the equipment? I need some of that, LMAO. Can I send my DH with yours on some test flights? ;)

Adia
October 21st, 2012, 09:46 AM
Sure, we'll get your DH high up in the atmosphere to optimize his girlie sperm!

From what I am told, (hmmm:think:), my DH should be home more now that he is Air Force. When we lived in Japan with the Navy he was gone A LOT! The first 24 months of DD3 life, he was gone for over 12 months. It was tough!

We are in Texas now so its a new life for us, no more ships and long deployments out to sea.

I think one of the hardest parts of knowing they are going to be posted away for a long time is the horrible anticipation. Once they are gone, they are gone and the clock is ticking, but leading up to it is awful!!

atomic sagebrush
October 21st, 2012, 02:43 PM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/1143-best-sex-positions-babies-particular-gender-just-getting-pregnant.html I think it's in this thread

Anyway, on this site we believe that it may be numbers of sperm that sway, NOT pH or ions and certainly not because X/Y swim a certain direction. By propping hips after BD it may help get max numbers of sperm into the cervix and help to sway blue. And it also may help some guys who have fewer/weaker sperm to begin with because they dont' have to swim quite as far thru the harsh environment of the VJ to get into the cervix.

You only need to prop hips for 15 min after BD, 30 tops. And it's entirely possible to get pg without propping hips, so if soemthing goes wrong and you need to get up right away to take care of kiddos, don't feel like you ruined your sway.

The reason why Ig says not to lay down if you're doing TBM is because (i~think~) they have something like layers of egg whites in cups and stuff like that? They're trying not to disturb the layers. But I tried to put in a cup full of semen once to see if it was even possible and it spilled everywhere and got all mixed up anyway so I think it's a bit silly to try and avoid moving once the cup is in there - because trust me it gets plenty disturbed on the way in there!

LacePrincess
October 21st, 2012, 03:33 PM
Layers of stuff, Atomic? Ewwww. No wonder they call it 'extreme' swaying....!

Adia, yeah, the leadup sucks. But the mid-deployment leave (we call it HLTA in Canada) sucks ASS. Omg, we're seriously considering just having him not come home mid-deployment, that was one big black hole of despair when he left again.

We just felt so jerked around with the leadup. AND all the predeployment training stuff they don't 'include' in the deployment time. Yeesh. And dates that kept moving, changing, delayed, moved up, etc etc. And worst of all wondering if his return date would get moved!! I felt really really really sorry for the guys on the tour preceding DH's roto, at the last minute they were told they had to stay an extra THREE months - over Christmas. Ouch. It's a wonder any marriages survived!

Kudos to you though, I don't know how Navy wives do it. We're having an awfully hard time already and I don't think I could handle the long separations constantly. I'm already worried that our poor kids are being traumatized for life. :(

atomic sagebrush
October 23rd, 2012, 10:52 AM
Pilots do have more daughters!

LacePrincess
October 23rd, 2012, 11:07 AM
Except mine's not a pilot, darnit! Just a computer dweeb stuck in an office. No upper atmosphere radiation to fry his swimmers. Drats.

Maybe I can talk him into sitting on some of those servers at work, eh? Heheheh.

afy
November 20th, 2012, 08:43 AM
What about Mechanics??? lol my DH is a mechanic

minimatron
November 20th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Mines an electrician... I think his swimmers have been fried!