PDA

View Full Version : Thinking odds are stacked against me :(

sosapop
October 19th, 2012, 05:43 PM
So just had ultrasound and I am measuring 6wks 1day. Heart beat was 122 and I ovulated on the right side :( That's not a good sign, right? Low heartbeat= boy, right ovary=boy....:worry:

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 19th, 2012, 05:54 PM
It doesn't matter what side you ovulate from. Boys and girls come from both. As far as the heartbeat is concerned 122 is great for 6 weeks. I had the same at 6 weeks and it's 156 now. I wouldn't worry. You have a great shot!!

sosapop
October 19th, 2012, 09:11 PM
It doesn't matter what side you ovulate from. Boys and girls come from both. As far as the heartbeat is concerned 122 is great for 6 weeks. I had the same at 6 weeks and it's 156 now. I wouldn't worry. You have a great shot!!

THANK YOU!! I am keeping fx!! I actually laid in pure silence during and after the sonogram. I asked the tech if it was true about right vs. left ovary and she said no too! But as soon I got home I read all this stuff on the internet and got super discouraged...

Rainbow baby
October 20th, 2012, 04:29 AM
I don't have a right fallopian tube (ectopic before I had any kids) and I have had 4 boys! :think: It's rubbish! You have hope!! I know you can still get pg from either ovary but the chances are very low and I have had 2 corpus L 's on my left Ovary. Don't know about the other two chances are they are from left too though!

Mrs_P
October 24th, 2012, 05:09 PM
yep the theory that looks at the right / left thing is to do with where the baby implanted not which ovary you o'd from and the heart rate thing is just an owt. My midwife guessed girl for ds3 with his heart rate all through my pregnancy especially as it was different from the others but he is def a boy

auroara78
October 26th, 2012, 11:34 AM
It was confirmed I ovulated on my right and the baby is all girl. the ovary theory does not quite work like that; it's not right = boys, left = girls, the idea is there because typically when you ovulate from your right its a sign of good fertility, and in swaying terms, fertility typically can translate to boys, but not neccessarily so. I did o from my right and had a girl. Good luck and have faith :)

The Anchor
October 26th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I'm pretty sure I read on this site that everyone ALWAYS ovulates from the right, and the left is only a "backup"...

sosapop
November 7th, 2012, 08:48 PM
I'm pretty sure I read on this site that everyone ALWAYS ovulates from the right, and the left is only a "backup"...

Ooh you are giving me hope :)

XXdreaming
November 7th, 2012, 10:12 PM
I never knew which side I ovulated from but to me doesnt sound scientifically right lol what does the left or right ovary have anything to do with whether an x or y sperm fertilizes the egg? Is one fallopian tube more girl friendly then the other? And the heart rate is rubbish too, had 2 boys with high rate all through pregnancy and 2 boys that had low heart rate so I don't believe it, I am not much on owt lol :) I hope you get your girl :heart: