PDA

View Full Version : OPKs...do more + days mean later ovulation?

LolaInLove
February 18th, 2011, 02:02 PM
I know Shettles says you usually O 30 hours after the surge, so 24 after a positive test....but what if you get 3 or 4 days of positive tests? Does that mean you O more like 48 hours after a +? I know it can range, so just wondering if the more + test days you have means you are Oing more like 48 hours after. And when your tests go negative, does that mean you have already ovulated?

I do not temp as it is too stressful, so just wondering if you should go for the Shettles timing with the opks. Some months I have 2 days, but last month I had 4...which was also the DHEA month. Thanks!

atomic sagebrush
February 18th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Was it a fade in/out or a true positive for four days?? You're looking for the day when the test was the DARKEST...it is possible to "fade into" a positive and then fade out again, meaning that your LH was on the rise and then on the decline and your OPK's just picked up on that.

I also remember reading somewhere that LH can stay high for more than one day if you release more than one egg that month, so you may have popped out two eggos. It is hard to know what to do because you (if you WANT twins or at least want to double your odds of conceiving) don't want to miss one egg in pursuit of the other, so I would DTD using the earlier timing and just hope for the best. Timing does not seem to be supereffective anyway.

Very interesting that this was after you started taking the DHEA!

This ~can~ indicate some medical/fertility issues but I think that since this is new to you it is prob. either a double ovulation or else because of the DHEA.

LolaInLove
February 18th, 2011, 02:56 PM
They were all very positive for 4 days! I can't say I'd be upset if I had twins, it would be the big motivator to finally get grandma and grandpa to move here. :wink: But I usually only have 2 days, and I know I O on the 2nd day, so I am thinking it was the DHEA. Interesting! Thanks again, AS!