PDA

View Full Version : at what age will you stop having kids (or did you)?

Lilian78
February 18th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Just curious. I know a lot of people want to be done by a certain age. I worry more about wanting just one more before I'm too old (stopping too soon) . . . I had my first just before I turned 26 and am now 32. I'm thinking I'll have my last when I'm 33.

nuthinbutpink
February 18th, 2011, 08:30 PM
I'm very happy I was done at 35. Now this is coming from someone who got their dream gender. If I had not had him and was still trying, I doubt I would care.

Having said that, I did start doing the math of how old I would be when he graduated from HS, etc. 54. I love my kids and I never want them to move out of state but I do not fear(yet) the time when they are all standing on their own.

I love my husband and I look forward to the time that we will have together to do what we want- travel, golf, just whatever we want to do when we want.

We have friends that are well educated, he has a great job, she's a SAHM and they have 4 kids of which the oldest I think finally turned 5! 4 kids, although a set of twins, but 4 kids under 5!. They both just turned 30! So, I look at them and think, dang, they'll be young and in their 40's when their kids are in college, etc and have tons of time to do stuff, help with grandkids, look good still at their weddings-ha! Seriously, though, I don't think if I did things over I would do that but I see the appeal.

So, I think it depends on circumstances since most on here are still hoping for their DD or DS but gee at 33, you are still really young to me!

TTC5
February 18th, 2011, 08:44 PM
No idea!!! I am 28 this year and have 4 already and I know I want at least another 1, maybe even 2 :P

Ashgirl
February 18th, 2011, 08:47 PM
I stopped at 39, when I got my DG. 4 was the max for me. :)

lindi
February 18th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Wow- hopefully I'll stop here at 35 with 2. But compared to everyone I know we are the youngest parents! I had my DS at 33 and it was like we were babies having babies. I have an acquaintance who had her first (twin girls) at 50. I go to playgrounds and to most of the women I look like the nanny! I'll be old when my kids leave the house, but on the other hand I had a really fun decade after college working on my career and traveling and having adventures then.

atomic sagebrush
February 19th, 2011, 10:33 AM
I have a weird perspective on this because I had two at 21 and 25 and then my last two at 37 and 39. I didn't plan it that way, I would much rather have been DONE at 35 but honestly it hasn't been too bad. I am def. more patient than I was with my first two and a lot less worried about how they were developing and stuff like that. Less energy!

I am 40 now and I would love to have just one more but I doubt we will.

Yuzu
February 20th, 2011, 12:43 AM
I became unexpectedly pregnant with my third son at age 41 and I hope to have one more! But I'll probably be done at 45. I know I'm older than a lot of moms, but I am having the time of my life!

nuthinbutpink
February 20th, 2011, 05:43 AM
I became unexpectedly pregnant with my third son at age 41 and I hope to have one more! But I'll probably be done at 45. I know I'm older than a lot of moms, but I am having the time of my life!

I bet that was a shock! That's really special though that you little boy made his way into the world in a sneak attack! He must be very special!

atomic sagebrush
February 20th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Yuzu you have the same kind of family as I do! I hadn't noticed that in your siggy before!! It is a whole new kind of fun!

december
February 20th, 2011, 03:05 PM
I'm probably done now. So, 24.

RedCanoe
February 20th, 2011, 03:49 PM
I have always wanted to be done by 35, so if we decide to go for a fourth child, it will be in the next 2 years (I'm 33 now).

anxiousandready
February 20th, 2011, 08:43 PM
I'm 33 now so hopefully by 34. I actually thought that I was finished at 27 but now I;m hoping I was wrong!!

Yuzu
February 20th, 2011, 10:48 PM
I bet that was a shock! That's really special though that you little boy made his way into the world in a sneak attack! He must be very special!
It was a HUGE shock...LOL! Our little guy is so wonderful though.

@AtomicSagebrush-I noticed we have the same sort of family! My older sons are proud to have a little brother, but I think they were very surprised.

Hollie86
February 21st, 2011, 05:46 AM
Well, when this little one is born, ill be 25. He is definately our last, even though i never got to have my DG, neither my DH or myself feel we could have more than 4 kids. Although a lot of people say to me that ive missed out on things by having my children so young, i dont agree with them. Im young enough to have the energy to run round after 4 young kids (my oldest will turn 6 just 2 weeks before baby is due) and when they are grown up, we'll have plenty of time for holidays on our own and being able to do whatever we want when we want, just at the age when we will want to be taking things more easy. I think for us, having the boys young was the best thing we could have done. So ill be glad to be done at 25 i think.

princess-nash
February 21st, 2011, 08:35 AM
hehe im 25 and i currently have three boys. Got married at 18 and had my first at 19. So started very young. Would like to be done by 30 (i wish). So if HT works this year then yippeeee for that. They should all be in school by the time i'm 30. And then i can concentrate on a tummy tuck (no rest for the wicked ey).

Lilian78
February 21st, 2011, 08:37 AM
I'm probably done now. So, 24.

I certainly hope not--thought you wanted more (?)

atomic sagebrush
February 21st, 2011, 09:00 AM
It was a HUGE shock...LOL! Our little guy is so wonderful though.

@AtomicSagebrush-I noticed we have the same sort of family! My older sons are proud to have a little brother, but I think they were very surprised.

AprilMay, who stops in here from time to time, has a similar age gap too. It is awesome that I've met others out there because IRL people think I am freaking insane! LOL.

My older boys had a little bit of warning because I told them in advance "not to be surprised if..." but I don't think they really thought we would go through with it.

My third son is heck on wheels so we all got a little more than we bargained for with him but on balance I think they've enjoyed having little brothers and it has been VERY good for them. I love it that you're going to try again, I keep hoping that DH has a big change of heart and we do the same! Boy or girl it's all good to me.

babydust
February 21st, 2011, 10:05 AM
I hope to be dine by 35. I had my ds when i was 29 and my dd when i just turned 31. Hoping to have 1 or 2 more kids by the time i'm 35, so we'll see :)

nuthinbutpink
February 21st, 2011, 02:50 PM
I certainly hope not--thought you wanted more (?)

Ditto

prettyinpink18
February 21st, 2011, 04:16 PM
Had dd at 38 and I am beyond done, lol.

JackiesHope
February 21st, 2011, 11:01 PM
I hope I'm done before age 40.

Orchid
February 22nd, 2011, 03:25 PM
I am going to be 33, I am hoping to have the next one by 34-35 and be done.

And december, what's up with no more kids and all? Hope everythings ok.

LolaInLove
February 22nd, 2011, 05:32 PM
Hopefully I'll be done this year! I'm 35. Had DD1 at 26 and DD2 at 29, so I'll have a small age gap, but nothing too crazy. Just the perfect age for my girls to be extra little mommies for me (whew!).

Jojogirl
February 23rd, 2011, 10:26 AM
My cut off is 35. If I don't get pg before then, I just won't have anymore. I feel very solid on this...

Bee Shine
February 25th, 2011, 11:09 PM
I will be done after this baby and will be 32 when she is born.

mamato3lilmen
February 26th, 2011, 01:16 AM
I would like 1 more next year, I will be 29. I currently have 3, but did have my first son very young. Don't get me wrong I really would like a couple more ;-) But its having the funds to raise a couple more, LIFE.

puppydogstails
February 26th, 2011, 12:01 PM
I'm 27 now and have two, definately want a third shortly but i think i could happily follow the other ladies here and have another one or two later in life. I was a later in life baby myself with my siblings been 11 13 and 15 when i arrived.

skrimpy
February 27th, 2011, 10:00 PM
I'll be 29 this coming week and we'll be having baby #5 in May. I really want at least one more, but I don't know how I will feel past that one... I suspect that even if it is a boy I will not feel done, though... It really depends, for me, on when DH feels that we are done.

crystal-light
February 28th, 2011, 11:20 AM
I'll be 30 in August so hoping to be done by 32-33 :)

Rebecca
March 9th, 2011, 03:23 AM
I was 33. Although I currently feel about 65....

Lilac♥
March 9th, 2011, 03:39 PM
I'm 28 and this 5th girl might be the last one. I always wanted to be done before turning 30, I started when I was 19. But now I'm considering leaving a small opening there for the next 5 or so years before I completely close the doors. Depends on the future I guess. I have no intention of having another baby long after my others. But I still never got my boy and some day IVF/PGD might actually be a possibility for us (it's not right now). I would hope my youngest would be in school before one of my girls has the first grandchild though, so maybe 35 is my highest limit.

Wanting a daughter
March 11th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Had my first at 35, second at 37 and REALLY REALLY hoping to have my third at 39 (currently 38.5) which will be my last. Will stop trying when funds are completely exhausted or when I turn 41, which ever comes first.

3Pink1Blue
March 11th, 2011, 02:16 PM
#4 is going to be it for us. We are quitting not due to our age but our kids ages, we don't want a huge gap.

TWINSplz!
March 18th, 2011, 11:40 AM
I'm 27. This little girl/girls is it for us. I really didn't think we were going to have more than 3 but when I had DS3...we decided on one more! :) We will find out at the end of the month if this HT baby is 1 or 2. I would be happy with both! But for sure, after this pregnancy, I'M DONE!!!! Getting burned, tired, and whatever else to make sure we don't have anymore! lol Looking forward to the kids growing up and enjoying vacations without babies!

Zivic-Bubac
March 20th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Hopefully I'll be done this year! I'm 35. Had DD1 at 26 and DD2 at 29, so I'll have a small age gap, but nothing too crazy. Just the perfect age for my girls to be extra little mommies for me (whew!).

Yeah, me to. I'm 38. I always tought I'll be done by 35, but I've started late and didn't get my DG, so.....Anyway, if nothing happens by the end of this year, I'll stop trying.

ELP
March 20th, 2011, 08:53 AM
I just don't know for me. I said 32 then I moved it to 35 (34 atm). Now I just tell people I want 4 more babies. So unless I am lucky to get twins somewhere it could be 39-40 maybe, even longer perhaps??

sixhappysons
March 20th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I had my first @19 and now just turned 31 (last friday) I'm on my 8th pregnancy. 7th for me plus one surrogacy. I'd like 2/3 more babies plus I'd love to do a few more surrogacies so who know's when I'll stop!:wink:

DoulaMama
March 22nd, 2011, 11:14 AM
I started at 24 which I thought was insanely young! LOL Looking back I'm glad that it happened the way it did. My husband is 11 years older than me and turns 40 this summer(I turned 29 a month ago) and he really only wanted 2 kids. After DS2 he agreed to try one more time for my DG. I have 2 year age gaps between each child, which I find very difficult some days but that's another post...LOL
Anyway, after DS3 he was adamant that we were done.....I'm not one to give up easily so I kept at it... ;) I've talked about wanting a fourth since the day DS3 was born! So, after 9 mos of constant talk about how 4 kids would be so great for us!.....he's said yes!! YAY!
So I'm hoping to be pregnant this summer and have my last child at the of 30. I think my hubby has agreed because he knows how much I would love to have 5-6 kids....but unless our financial situation changes or we move to a warmer Province and start living off the land a lot more, that's not going to happen :(
Anyway, I'm secretly hoping for twins....or an oops after #4...does that make me evil??? ;)

xnicolax
March 22nd, 2011, 12:11 PM
I always said I wanted to be done by the time I was 30, I was pregnant at the age of 17 so I think I have been having them for long enough, im 29 now, I have constantly had a baby for 11 years. I dont know if I will be able to stick to my original 30 though. I am doing IVF for a girl but have recently thought I might give it a year or two, my boys are more than enough for me to handle right now but on the other hand I want to be able to start to look forward to holidays without babies and having to take the entire contents of my home every time I leave the house? I want to start to look forward to when it will just be me and DH, it had never just been the 2 of us, we have always had kids. So I dont know, lol

dramabird
March 24th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I had DS1 a week before my 27th birthday and was 30 when I had DS2. The current plan is to start TTC (pink would be awesome!) in January, not long after I turn 33. So hopefully a baby would be in the cards for late 33 or early 34.

We did a lot of talking about having a third kid and I know we would stop there. While I suppose you can never say never, I feel pretty confident that we will have no more than three children unless a third pregnancy resulted in twins or we ever had an "oops" (I figure I'll go back on BC for at least a couple of years after a third baby and before we make any permanent birth control choices).

iyamaryam
March 24th, 2011, 05:29 PM
I had dd1 at 24 and dd2 at 26. Hopefully, this is it for us and I will be 30 when this child arrives. If he is a he, then that's definitely my last child, if she is a she, well, I think so too unless something happens along the way. For now, I am not sure we could cater for more than three kids, who knows if our financial condition changes for the better.

Typical_Jules
March 24th, 2011, 07:15 PM
this is my 8th and final masterpiece and i will be done at 44:wink:

Tiny Dancer
March 24th, 2011, 08:29 PM
I started when I was 31, had my DS2 at 34, and am trying for my 3rd now at 37. I don't want to stop until I get my DD :oops:! Hopefully it will be sooner than later.

TulleExplosion
March 25th, 2011, 12:41 AM
Well, I am having my third at 32. I would like to try for one more in about two years and maybe another before I am 37. I feel 37 is my cut off.

familiesr4ever
March 26th, 2011, 04:58 PM
I never really had a cut-off number, but I have secondary infertility and it has made it hard to conceive, my oldest ds is 14, ds2 is 8, dd is 5 and ds 3 is 16 months, if ds3 had been a girl I would have been done, I just turned 41 and we are starting the HT journey to give dd1 a little sister or sisters. I never really thought it would take so long for us to complete our family, but I wouldn't change it for anything, having my 4 kids, particularly this last baby has been such a blessing. I honestly don't know what I would do without him. He has been pure joy from the moment I laid eyes on him. So, my last may be when I am 42 or possibly 43, then we are done and done.

Glittergirl
April 4th, 2011, 02:29 AM
I never thought too much about the age thing. had DS1 at 26, DS2 the week i turned 30, DS3 at 32. I'm 35 now and will TTC for baby#4 then I think we are done. We always said 3 the least and 4 is our max. come to think of it, I think I will be considered advanced maternal age this time around now YIKES! Hoping i use my 35 year old egg before it turns 36!

My Fabulous Children
April 4th, 2011, 02:55 AM
I want to be done by 30 .. but If I get another boy I will be DONE!

iluvmyman
April 4th, 2011, 03:40 AM
My husband was done after #3 but didn't do anything perm. My DS#1 was born in 2006. I had 2 IUD's (Mirena & Paraguard). The Mirena didn't work for my body so switched to the paraguard. Believe it or not, it just fell out a couple months after having it. Within a month, we had a milisecond oops and I guess that's when we conceived DS#2 which was born 12/10. Since he passed away, I was desperate to get pregnant again at age 35. It took some heart felt discussions w/ DH, but he agreed to try again. If God blesses us w/ another child then we s/b 36. We've had children since we were 20 years old, so it might be nice at "us" time at some point, but having children is the greatest blessing and it's hard for me to just be done with making a life. Should be done at 36, but you never know. :)

Iris_star
April 4th, 2011, 04:42 AM
i am 34 this time and when we sway pink i will be about 36 so im not sure, if we do get our dream gender then that will be it, if we get another gorgeuos boy im really unsure about how i will feel, especially as my DP says he wants 5 or 6, lol......i guess i will think about it when the time comes...ive always said my cut off point is when im 40 for ttc xx

xnicolax
April 4th, 2011, 06:19 AM
I always said I wanted to be done by the time I was 30, I was pregnant at the age of 17 so I think I have been having them for long enough, im 29 now, I have constantly had a baby for 11 years. I dont know if I will be able to stick to my original 30 though. I am doing IVF for a girl but have recently thought I might give it a year or two, my boys are more than enough for me to handle right now but on the other hand I want to be able to start to look forward to holidays without babies and having to take the entire contents of my home every time I leave the house? I want to start to look forward to when it will just be me and DH, it had never just been the 2 of us, we have always had kids. So I dont know, lol
Change of plan, looks like I stopped at 27. Have decided there will be no more for us:)

Indira
April 4th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Anyway, I'm secretly hoping for twins....or an oops after #4...does that make me evil??? ;)

The same here!!
Considering a third, four really seems to be the perfect number to me, unfortunately DH doesnīt feel exactly the same...
I thought to be done at 34, when we knew Ds2 was a boy, I planned to have a third real quick after him, but we dindīt and itīs probably better this way.
So I guess Iīll be done at 36 -wow that sounds really old written down!
Very jealous of you girls that are done or almost and are in their (late) twenties!

3boys
April 4th, 2011, 08:45 AM
I often wonder if I will ever feel done... I sure hope that mother nature kicks in and I stop wanting babies one day! Otherwise I might end up with hundreds of kids. I already have three boys five and under. Soon to be four if my plan goes right.

4BlueLooking4Pink
April 4th, 2011, 10:00 AM
I'll be 32 soon and hopefully will have one more at 32 and then MAYBE one more after that at age 34/35 or so. Then that's it. I really want #5, not sure about #6... will see when the time comes. :)

purplepoet20
April 4th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I got pregnant at 16 1/2 and at 6mth gest he was stillborn. Got preg at 25 1/4 but MS, most likely would have been a girl cuz I ate a girl diet. Got preg with my boys at 25 3/4 and 27 3/4... trying for one more later this summer a few mths before I turn 30. Will be my last no matter the gender.

daisyfay311
April 4th, 2011, 06:15 PM
I just turned 31 and I think I would probably have kids up to 40 if I felt healthy and up to it BUT since I had my daughter at 28 I think that lowers my cut off because I don't want too big of an age gap. I can't imagine a kid the age of my students (12-13) and a newborn. I would be insane. So I'm hoping to be done by 35 or 36. If my sway works, I'll be done just as I'm turning 32.

CeeCee
April 11th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Wow! I'm old. I plan on having 2 and being done by 38.

hpjagged
April 11th, 2011, 04:43 PM
I'm 25 and just had my first. We only want two, but, I too secretly would like twins and hope that at least one is a boy. But if we got pregnant again and there was one and we stopped trying after number two, I would be OK with an accident lol
But ideally want to be done by 35.

mmsgirlie22
April 11th, 2011, 05:50 PM
After we get kidlet #3 we'll be done. I turn 31 this year so we shall see.

kaseybaby
April 13th, 2011, 11:16 PM
I would like to be done by 35, but who knows how I will feel at 35. I am 31 now.

boys4girls0
April 14th, 2011, 07:42 AM
I'm 33 this year and hope to be done by 36. No idea why 36 though!!

JustKim
April 14th, 2011, 08:30 AM
I always said I wanted to be done by 30, but since I'm already 30 and not pregnant (on 2ww now), I'm going to shoot for 31. We are done after 3, regardless of gender.

Foxy
April 14th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Around 40? I think that is my limit.

Ella BB
April 16th, 2011, 06:01 AM
I always said I wanted to be finished having kids by 35. I did have my two just before turning 35, but still want that daughter..............

CapricornAquarius
May 10th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Im 36, I always did say I'd like to have all my children by the time Im 35, so I hope to fall pregnant with my 3rd towards the end of this year, my daughters are 8yrs and 6yrs.

Cinss
May 10th, 2011, 08:57 PM
I had my 1st when i was 31, trying for our second i will be 33 fx, depending on the gender we may have another when im 35.

gizmo77
May 13th, 2011, 10:36 AM
ill be 34 this summer. i always hoped to be done by 35 also but also ALWAYS wanted 4 kids total (2 boys and 2 girls). i have the 2 girls and swaying for the 1st boy. dh only wanted 2 but is "compromising" with the 3rd. however if he okays a 4th and im over 35 ill still try for that 4th and final!!! i guess truly id stop around 40. times are different these days right?

ThreeLittleCubs
May 17th, 2011, 10:59 AM
I always said my cut off was 30... so it looks like I'll make it. I'm 28 and growing my last baby.

sonshines
May 18th, 2011, 09:30 AM
I'm 25 and will be done, 4 kids was the max for me too!

mis2ninos
August 4th, 2011, 06:13 PM
I want to be done by 35. I'm 30 now and want at least one more, two more if I dont get a DD next. I work full time in a wonderful career so I cant just pop em out every year because the cost of a nanny to take care of 2 and 3 kids is through the roof. So I have to space em out so that only have to pay for 2 at the most at a time.....so when our son is 3 have another then get preg again when hes 4 if necessary

XXdreaming
August 4th, 2011, 11:27 PM
I never had an end date, 1st son at 21, 2nd at 24, 3rd at 27 and ds4 and me 29 was our last but complications at birth and can't tie your tubes so come back and I never did, good thing though because we weren't done so here we are ttcing are 5th and last child at age 31yr and I turn 32 yr in Jan so I guess age 32 I will be done lol

threeatlast
August 4th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Hi I had my 1st at 32 then second daughter at 34 , Iam currently pregnant with no 3 @ 41 and plan to go maybe 1 more see how I go with this one.

Princess of Pink
August 5th, 2011, 03:14 AM
I swore I would be done having kids by 30. I was...I had DD#5 at just turned 29. But now I want just one more and I will be 34 next week!! So I want my final child before I turn 35!!

rainbowflower
August 5th, 2011, 08:03 AM
I don't have a top-age, I guess it comes down to finances. If we're older and we can afford another, we'll go for it!

sinderella
September 17th, 2011, 02:47 PM
hi girls ,
i had my first at 25 and always said id love a big family, im the eldest of a family of 10 kids , my baby sister is only 13! my eldest is 11 so they are more like siblings than nephew and aunt ! im 37 now and have 4 boys with what is starting to look like my first girl due in january 12! so ill be 37 with 5 and i might be tempted to trying one more time after this ( but im not sure if my other half would be as willing ! ) mmmmmmm we'll see !

awi3rd
October 4th, 2011, 04:20 PM
I'm 33. We will go until we're done, which isn't much longer. DH says 4 is the limit, so only 1 more. BUT he did say that if he writes a best seller we could have more kids. LOL Honestly, though, I don't think I can last much longer. I'm feeling old and tired already. But maybe that's because I have 3 energetic boys. ;)

julezrulz1
March 19th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Hello all
I'm currently 36, I had my first DS at 21, second DS (different Dad) at 30, and my 3rd DS at 31....My husband and I are thinking about trying one last time to see if we can have a DD....Here's to hoping! (I turn 37 this year...)

wilma_five
March 19th, 2013, 03:27 AM
My number 6 will be born just before I turn 33 (or maybe even on my birthday).
I am so done havind children! Just want to enjoy life without all the pregnancy and newborn issues.

Bigwish
March 19th, 2013, 03:51 AM
For as long as you can plan things like this, i expect to get my third when i am 31 and it depends on my DH and the gender of the next one if we gonna try for a fourth 1,5 year after the birth of dc3, although i've always wanted 4 kids. So am prob done n my 33 or 34, but never say never....

my4leafclover
March 19th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Whats the saying?..."life happens when you are busy making plans". I thought 40 was my cut off. But in this journey over the last 4 years or so I stopped caring about the number except in the context of fertility and a healthy baby. This little one will be due a few days after my 41st b-day. We are done now, didn't think it would be stretched out this long but we are happy to be able to experience this again. It wasn't until it became more real that the choice gets taken out of your hands at some point whether you are ready or not that the life plan timelines didn't matter quite as much anymore.

Sihaya
March 19th, 2013, 08:05 AM
When we first started talking about having kids (we were 23), I said absolutely none after 30. Now that I'm 30 and we want a whole house-full of kids, the cutoff is 40-43 depending on how the pregnancies go as I get older and on whether we have any more losses. We want 6ish spaced ~3 years apart and then after we're done making biological babies, we'll adopt 2-4 more.

Wanting-a-girl
March 19th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Depending what day this babe is born I will be done at 25 or 26 :) and very happy to be done so early

onebigwish
March 19th, 2013, 09:29 AM
i got my sons at age 20 & 22, for now i am done...(my youngest is 6 months)
but think i will stopp at 35-37?
it depends on how long it will take to get my DG....

mommymachine
March 19th, 2013, 10:31 AM
I had my first at 17 (obviously unplanned but he is the most amazing human being let alone CHILD that I know and it's a privileged to be his mother) I am now 25 and hopefully will have my 5th this November. Then the plan is to have a 6th in Feb 2016 when ill be 28. After that we aren't sure. If we feel complete we will stop, if we want more we will have more. However, I would love to be done by 35. Saying that nothing "perminent" will ever be done so really this is jut how I see it happening, but God knows if it will actually happen like that.

inshaallahxx
March 19th, 2013, 12:59 PM
I hope to be done before 30. I'm 25 now!

Pearl327
March 19th, 2013, 01:44 PM
I think by 37 or 38 but I am open to increasing my family up to the age of 40. I am a bit of a late starter compared to some on here as I am 31 on no 2 and will be having a 3 year break for extra studies after having this one.

Northern_Shutterbug
March 19th, 2013, 01:56 PM
I always said I'd be done by 28 but I'll be 31 when this one arrives. If DS2 had been a girl we would have been done when I said I would!

My mum was 33 when she had me and I always felt the bigger age gap was the reason we didn't click, so vowed I'd have my children younger. I'm realising now it was just our personalities.

hotdogz&boyz
March 19th, 2013, 04:23 PM
I am hoping for around 30. I will be 28 when my third comes along and we always talked about four kids. Given I was 24, 26, and to-be 28, it seems feasible to have our fourth when I am 30. But I am not opposed to a slightly larger gap. I don't want to be past 33 though. It would make DH 35 and I don't want to have kids after that.

Thorz300
March 19th, 2013, 04:37 PM
I am for sure done with this last little baby growing right now, so I will be 34 when I am done, but only a month shy of being 35! I just feel like I am ready for the next stage and to be out of the diaper stage and chasing toddlers! I'm tired lol!!!

Mrs_P
March 19th, 2013, 04:46 PM
I always wanted to be a young mom but to be honest i don't really care now. There are pluses and minuses to having kids at any age and i know some fab moms in their early 20's and some great mom's in their mid to late 40's, i think it more depends on the individual and whether you feel you are done. I say it alot on here but i really do think you get the family you need not the one you think you want and all moms know when they are done.

For me i had ds1 at 22 which was not planned and for a long time i only wanted one (although before him i wanted a big family), DH wanted more and ds1 grew i changed my mind. We had ds2 when i was 26 and i knew i wanted another - i wanted my son to have a brother and i wanted a daughter, we got ds2, an amazing addition to our family. I was 28 when i had ds3 (my failed sway) and although i had big gd at the time he was mean't for us and adds so much to our family but i always wanted the chance at another. I thought for a while we were done at 3 as our boys grew and bonded together but the desire for a daughter grew and i wanted another baby. This little one will be born in June, hopefully if all goes well (and we are pretty sure its a little girl although it still seems surreal) - if she arrives and is ok i'm pretty sure we will be done but am open to the possibility of one more. I never wanted 4 children but i wouldn't give any of them back, they are my world and i am so in love with them all and happier than i thought possible. So i may be done at 31, i may not........

My advice to any mom would be if you want another and you can cope then go for it, you hear it said a lot on here but i truly have never heard of anyone regretting one of the children they had but i do know people who always wished they had more but time/money/age stood in the way.

Rainbow baby
March 19th, 2013, 08:21 PM
I started early the original plan was 2 kids before 25 then done!
Well ds2 was a boy so then came ds3 then we said ok 1 more but if it dosn't happen before 30 no more!!
Well that kind of went wrong side up so now I am a few cycles off 30 and hoping to be finished before I turn 31....so still in the same year as 30 I told dh that still counts here is hoping it is twin girls cause I know once I have one I will want another!! I am suck a baby person and so so clucky.....

mrsflowers33
March 20th, 2013, 01:58 PM
My cut off was always 35, due to the increased risks of chromosome abnormality after that. So I have two more years to try for my last girl.

Navywife620
March 21st, 2013, 04:03 PM
I always said I would be done having kids by 25. I will be 25 in June. I am pretty much sure if this is a boy or girl we will be done. DH thinks we will have one more.

geminispinkmoon
March 29th, 2013, 05:50 PM
I always said I would be done by 30, well I am now 33 soon to be 34 and we'll hopefully be having our last baby by the time I'm 35/36. Much later than I had planned, but that's okay! :)

threeatlast
March 29th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Hi girls I always wanted 3 kids had my first @ 32 , 2nd @ 34 and my 3rd @ 41 1/2 . I would love to have another one but I think age is catching up with me

Tiggerian
April 1st, 2013, 06:29 AM
30 years will be my cut off point. I've got five years left then - I don't know why that is, I've just always said I didn't want children after I was 30! Hopefully I can cram two more into those 5 years, but only if the next one hurries up and sticks already ;)

BabyCakesTor
April 4th, 2013, 01:00 AM
I was 16 when I had DS1, 19 with DS2, 26 with DS3 and I'm 29 now....

I would've been done DONE if I had a DD for my second, I would've been Done but thankful I didn't have a DD with my ex..... But either way I knew in my heart 30 was my age cut off. I was married at 16 and divorced by 20. I gave myself 10 years to see where life was to take me... And it brought me to my wonderful DH and two more beautiful babies :)

Haking
April 16th, 2013, 09:13 PM
I always said that I wanted to be done by 30 but since DS2 (due in August) was a boy we play to try once more for a girl so most likely I will be done by 31ish. I am gonna be 29 in October.

CherryBlossom
April 17th, 2013, 12:17 AM
I always said 30.
Had my first at 22 second at 24 and im 27 this year when we start ttc again.
Just depends on how long that will take.
If its a boy, even though I'm not 100% I'd like more the option of HT in the far far future is there. That will be more than likely after the age of 30. We've always wanted to see the US, so will make it a proper family trip and see a few places before heading back to Cali for HT IF that comes around.

AmyCarlos
April 18th, 2013, 08:54 AM
35 would be the best age. Scientifically it is not good to conceive babies after 35 years. Medical researchers have revealed that delivering babies after 35 will cause disabilities.

nuthinbutpink
April 18th, 2013, 11:44 AM
35 would be the best age. Scientifically it is not good to conceive babies after 35 years. Medical researchers have revealed that delivering babies after 35 will cause disabilities.

It's true your odds do go up BUT more babies are born to mothers under 35 with disabilities including Downs.

XXdreaming
April 18th, 2013, 09:22 PM
I was 21 with my first, I really didn't have an end date lol but I am 33y now with my last child, so 33y is when I become infertile lol

lovemy2blessings
June 17th, 2013, 07:31 PM
I have always said at 30 and as of now I'm still sticking to this :)

iluvmy4sons
June 17th, 2013, 10:14 PM
After this baby so 36:)