PDA

View Full Version : TBM & Jump & Dump?

Babushka
February 19th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Hi Atomic (or anybody else that can help). I am planning on doing TBM. Would it be worthwhile doing J&D straight after to lower sperm count or is that counteractive to the TBM? Need some advice... many thanks in advance!

atomic sagebrush
February 19th, 2011, 11:20 AM
TBM does a lot to lower sperm count to begin with, so adding jump and dump with TBM might be too much of a good thing.

Babushka
February 19th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Thanks, Atomic. That is what I was thinking. I was always wondering why the girls were doing this and for what purpose?! And then I read what you said about jump and dump and it actually made sense to me. So that got me thinking maybe I should be trying that too... but you have changed my mind! Thanks so much! :)

atomic sagebrush
February 20th, 2011, 11:01 AM
My thinking is, if you can't get pregnant, you have ZERO chance at your DG!

If you want to do absolutely everything you can to sway, then by all means add an J and D to TBM but I just think you lower your chances too far by that.

babydust
February 20th, 2011, 01:00 PM
yeah, I agree, with TBM you definitely don't need to do J and D also. I would just lower the sample to about 4.7 (seems to be the pH where some of my friends got pregnant at) and then insert. 30 min. after you have to check you pH and lower if needed (if you use a DC you'll have to take that out and check it). Personally I would just use a syringe and insert the sample as it seems to be easier then putting in and taking out the DC every 30 min. But either way is fine, just no J and D, I would lay flat for at least 30 min after the attempt.

Babushka
February 23rd, 2011, 02:02 AM
Hi girls, that is great advice. Babydust, thanks for the tip on the pH. I have added that to my ttc notes. I am definitely going to add the splime via a syringe, but do you think after lying down for a while i should then add my DC or add a lime tampon instead? What do you recommend? Thanks for your time! Babushka. xx

atomic sagebrush
February 23rd, 2011, 11:43 AM
I would personally forgo the lime tampon (and I believe babydust did NOT use one...hoping she comments!) I think lime tampons suck up/kill a lot of sperm and your pH is already low to begin with because you're doing the TBM. Sperm need at least a little higher pH EWCM to swim through to get to the egg, and I believe a lime tampon may dilute that too much (especially if you are doing an antihistamine, which everyone should!)

In terms of the Diva vs. lime tampon vs. nothing, are you doing cutoff or O+12? If you're doing O+12, the egg will be there "calling" to the sperm and they will already have begun their journey by the time 30 minutes has passed. So I wouldn't bother with a Diva or a lime tampon with O+12. If you are doing a cutoff, then I could see adding in the Diva but I personally would not mess around taking it in and out every hour to check pH, that feels like overkill to me.